2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Final fantasy private server Nasomi
Final fantasy private server Nasomi
By Jetackuu 2018-08-01 00:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Darsha said: »
I can afford well over that amount on a monthly basis. Still not paying for the ***version of this game

I wouldn't pay for private servers either, good for you.

Popular =/= right and it's funny to hear a person who hates change to talk about being close minded.
By dakumaul 2018-08-01 22:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So been watching this thread for sometime now. I am one of the nasomi streamers and there is a good bunch of us. non of us get paid by the server people and the person i got in a beef with is not even a admin he is someone who thinks he is. The server these days gets up about 1100-1200 players which is nice. the nasomi website has its own AH so i dont think (or know) if he would ever say yes to a joined AH with this site. The talk on here has been nice just wanted to join in and share some details from someone who has been on the server now ofr about 3 months as a player and streamer.

have a good day guys, daku
By aisukage 2018-08-03 00:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ok here is my point on this. Played FFXI since 2004-2005 ish and honestly the game sucked. It was terrible but honestly there wasn't any better. We had a few like Everquest, WoW, Runescape and XI at the time. There were a few in works but this is what we had and like many we made the most of it because of the social aspect and connecting we could do in the game which made it enjoyable.

But when it came to leveling it sucked, Travelling sucked, Windy to Sandy for the 1st time should not have taken about 2 hours. You needed people to do anything in the game and finding people your level before level sync sucked. Making parties in the jungle which takes an hour just for 1 guy to bail then having to find a new person which takes another 30 mins to find. Sending every healer a random tell begging for help and to finally get that help to then take him another 40 mins to get to the party hoping to god no one else has to leave was all ***. Everything about the game was so unfriendly to players especially if they only had small windows to play in.

SE's has fixed a lot of the issues over the years and the game is a lot more fun now than the early days. All it lacks is the community willing to give it a try because a lot of people are so closed minded and don't like change and would rather waste their time in a buggy version of the game. I have seen myself and from friends posting on the facebook constantly of all the randomm bugs they keep finding. For the people that enjoy it fair enough but don't make it out to be better than the original because i have tried it myself because of friends and it's not just as bad as the game was in 2005 but worst. Only thing you have going for it is the community and nostalgia. Thats it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-08-03 01:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my opinion so feel free to be angry about it but..

playing at level 75 capped with only a part of the full game unlocked is like your best friend saying that they killed your father and then wanting you to go back and pretend it never happened.
Yeah, you can pretend he didnt say it but in the end you cant just stop knowing what you know about them.

To clarify, The armor in the level 75 era seems so meaninglessly insignificant. Endgame stats on body armor included +10-15acc/atk on them.
The sum of all the reason for your grinding... all those years of camping HNMS.. hundreds of hours of grinding for gil resulted in possibly being able to afford +15acc/atk or +16acc/atk hq armor. It really ruined the perspective of how rewarding the grind used to be when you know just around the corner is stat vomit.

I'm sure im just being pessimistic or a debbie downer or whining, w/e you want to call it but i was invited to play on the server and while i made a ton of great memories playing in 75 era i know that going back to a level 75 capped version of the game will never be the same as reliving those times.
 Leviathan.Dazusu
Server: Leviathan
user: Dazusu
By Leviathan.Dazusu 2018-08-03 03:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
To clarify, The armor in the level 75 era seems so meaninglessly insignificant. Endgame stats on body armor included +10-15acc/atk on them.
The sum of all the reason for your grinding... all those years of camping HNMS.. hundreds of hours of grinding for gil resulted in possibly being able to afford +15acc/atk or +16acc/atk hq armor

Old end-game wasn't about getting massive rewards for your efforts - it was about the journey and the people.

A lot of people say (and continue to post that) the old game wasn't about the content at all, or camping HNMs - but it was about the 'community' - and that's true. What they fail to realize is that the old end-game/content is what created and forced a tight community. That community would never have existed if all content was akin to today's game.
[+]
By aisukage 2018-08-03 04:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dazusu said: »
The sum of all the reason for your grinding... all those years of camping HNMS.. hundreds of hours of grinding for gil resulted in possibly being able to afford +15acc/atk or +16acc/atk hq armor

Old end-game wasn't about getting massive rewards for your efforts - it was about the journey and the people.

A lot of people say (and continue to post that) the old game wasn't about the content at all, or camping HNMs - but it was about the 'community' - and that's true. What they fail to realize is that the old end-game/content is what created and forced a tight community. That community would never have existed if all content was akin to today's game.

You couldn't do much past level 12 after you were ready to head to areas like valkum dunes to level on your own unless you were ready to grind mobs endlessly for a fraction of the exp you would get from partying up. Considering even with a party it still took forever to level it was not reasonable unless you were a BLM or BST. I made ton's of close friends before even getting close to any end game content. The people were there and we were forced to seek others to get by. Those that couldn't ended up quiting the game. There was very little information and help in game to where to proceed that people had to create a community like this one here on the AH website where we could provide assistance to each other.

all this though doesn't mean the game was designed well. Infact like i said before it was ***. Level-sync for one was a god send QoL improvement and they have made many improvements to this game over the years.

SE was forced to cater to the fact that the population was reducing over time and made a bunch of changes like trusts to adjust to the current situation of the game. But those people left for petty reasons like the level cap increase. I still remember when it was announced. Before even experiencing it, I knew many that quit on the spot over that. Was pathetic because Abyssea was actually very fun and gave people lots to do and work towards but everytime there was change people got upset and left. XI was not getting worst but in fact getting better as a game. Unfortunately With other games like Aion/XIV/Rift/Guild Wars being released. More and more people started to leave over time and it's the lack of community that really hurts this game.

So reverting back to the ***this game was for any other reason than nostalgia is dumb IMO. Cause it was nowhere near as fun as it is now. To each their own though.
[+]
By Masterbuyer 2018-08-03 12:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

dakumaul said: »
So been watching this thread for sometime now. I am one of the nasomi streamers and there is a good bunch of us. non of us get paid by the server people and the person i got in a beef with is not even a admin he is someone who thinks he is. The server these days gets up about 1100-1200 players which is nice. the nasomi website has its own AH so i dont think (or know) if he would ever say yes to a joined AH with this site. The talk on here has been nice just wanted to join in and share some details from someone who has been on the server now ofr about 3 months as a player and streamer.

have a good day guys, daku

Dam nice didn't know they had this up
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-08-03 15:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dazusu said: »

Are you high? If SE did these changes when they released ffxi world of warcraft would have failed. These nostalgia googles got you messed up
[+]
 Asura.Jackflashh
Server: Asura
user: Kido
By Asura.Jackflashh 2018-08-03 16:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »
ok here is my point on this. Played FFXI since 2004-2005 ish and honestly the game sucked. It was terrible but honestly there wasn't any better. We had a few like Everquest, WoW, Runescape and XI at the time. There were a few in works but this is what we had and like many we made the most of it because of the social aspect and connecting we could do in the game which made it enjoyable.

But when it came to leveling it sucked, Travelling sucked, Windy to Sandy for the 1st time should not have taken about 2 hours. You needed people to do anything in the game and finding people your level before level sync sucked. Making parties in the jungle which takes an hour just for 1 guy to bail then having to find a new person which takes another 30 mins to find. Sending every healer a random tell begging for help and to finally get that help to then take him another 40 mins to get to the party hoping to god no one else has to leave was all ***. Everything about the game was so unfriendly to players especially if they only had small windows to play in.

SE's has fixed a lot of the issues over the years and the game is a lot more fun now than the early days. All it lacks is the community willing to give it a try because a lot of people are so closed minded and don't like change and would rather waste their time in a buggy version of the game. I have seen myself and from friends posting on the facebook constantly of all the randomm bugs they keep finding. For the people that enjoy it fair enough but don't make it out to be better than the original because i have tried it myself because of friends and it's not just as bad as the game was in 2005 but worst. Only thing you have going for it is the community and nostalgia. Thats it.

The game didn't suck, your experience sucked. I could care less about your opinion on how much better you think the game is now, and how much more awesome the mmo market seems to be to you than it was 10 years ago. The bottom line is that you need to realize what you're stating is exactly your opinion, and not everyone shares it about this game, or anything else. A lot of people feel entirely the opposite towards all of the "***" things you're describing. Taking time to travel or form parties was a lot of the reason people enjoyed the old version of the game so much. It created a sense of accomplishment, vastness, a "world" players were paying to experience, not just push button get cookie.

You're absolutely welcome to believe and share whatever you'd like about anything you'd like, but simply stating an absolute like "the game was ***and we only played b/c there was nothing else" and then going on to belittle players as closed-minded and selfish, "wasting" their own time doing something they love based on a game they loved just makes you sound like an ignorant, whiny little child.
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-03 16:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the key difference between those who liked 75 ffxi and those who prefers modern ffxi is whether they want a mmo to be a "game" or a "world".

A game = you play for a challenge, and get reward after you overcome the challenge. In that case modern ffxi is much more like a game. You get mechanics to deal with, strategy to use, and you get rewards at much faster pace that's more appropriate to amount of effort that you invest.

75 ffxi wasn't about any of these at all. It's about living in a virtual world with people, and the designed that people thought it sucked like "traveling to sandy took 2hr" enforce the feel of the world being real. If it's going to take me 5 hr to travel from one country to another irl, in a virtual world it should take just as long as well, certainly not "click a button, boom I'm in another area" sort of thing.

The fact that the reward system in 75 era kinda associate with being good with people and community, not just put the hours in and grind or have awesome playskill, made the world feel more realistic.

I think it's unfortunate that the more realistic approach of MMO world design become more of a niche market with much smaller audiences, and games like WoW that focus on implementing more gaming elements into a MMO changed the trend.

I wish modern FFXI retain more 75 elements, and never implement things like trusts, HP warp or buyable spells(Those QoL changes seriously made FFXI a lot more like a "push button to get reward game" but not a world), while pushing the gear and content diversity of 2018 FFXI, that would be a perfect game in my mind.

But SE made the decision, and I kinda just learned to deal with it, accepting the fact that FFXI in 2018 isn't the same game as 75, and keep playing anyways.

I definiately agree that whether you like 75 or not is just preference, preference has always been "close minded" because it's not possible to change what you really like, most of the time we just compromise when we don't get what we preferred. And for some people out there, it's certainly legit to choose not to pay 13 a month just to compromise.

But since private server probably hurts retail community, it's totally a different issue to promote it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-08-03 16:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jackflashh said: »
whiny little child

Pot... meet kettle
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-03 17:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There really were multiple ways to experience XI back at 75. Just like there are now. No 2 random people get the same experience.

Your shell didn't bot-claim HNM. Your shell didn't do HNM at all. You didn't even have a shell. Each one would be a DRAMATICALLY different game.

Easy to see why some think it was great, and some think it was ***. Then again it's not so easy because none of you understand this simple concept; not everyone gets the same experiences.

If you weren't willing to suck a leaders E-*** or suave enough to convince people to suck yours... you probably hated 75 days.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-08-03 18:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I never did HNMs til post 75 era even though i played since ps2 release i couldn't put up with all the applying for ls's, mandatory events, giving up days at a time to camp something you -might- get etc but i loved those days. I had my own goals like doing maat on every job at 66 so that it would be as hard as possible, etc.

I still did dynamis,sky,limbus,salvage and other events but avoided HNMls's like a plague. It didn't hep that the main english HNMLS on titan were karasu and legacy, both of which were filled with buttholes.

Which is why -i- couldn't relive those days, even if i wanted to do so on a 75 cap server and why i claimed my response was just an opinion. The way i played wouldn't be relive-able because i already did everything i wanted to do in those days. So redoing all of it wouldn't have any special meaning to me. I also drifted through dozens of linkshells, so i can build and leave relationships with people wherever. I dont need lv 75 to make that happen.
[+]
By aisukage 2018-08-03 18:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jackflashh said: »

The game didn't suck, your experience sucked. I could care less about your opinion on how much better you think the game is now, and how much more awesome the mmo market seems to be to you than it was 10 years ago. The bottom line is that you need to realize what you're stating is exactly your opinion, and not everyone shares it about this game, or anything else. A lot of people feel entirely the opposite towards all of the "***" things you're describing. Taking time to travel or form parties was a lot of the reason people enjoyed the old version of the game so much. It created a sense of accomplishment, vastness, a "world" players were paying to experience, not just push button get cookie.

You're absolutely welcome to believe and share whatever you'd like about anything you'd like, but simply stating an absolute like "the game was ***and we only played b/c there was nothing else" and then going on to belittle players as closed-minded and selfish, "wasting" their own time doing something they love based on a game they loved just makes you sound like an ignorant, whiny little child.

First up You're right it is my opinion. Everything i said is exactly my opinion and i even say it's my opinion i never denied that and as you said i'm allowed my opinion.

Second up i never said anyone was selfish. pay attention here and read carefully before trying to insult someone. Like i said people quit for petty reasons like level cap increase before even trying the changes because they thought every piece of gear they had was going to irrelevant from day 1 which wasn't the case. That by definition is close minded.

There was more frustration by people back at 75 then i ever saw. People wasted hours trying to form parties. Literally could not do anything for over an hour waiting in a jungle at level 25 for just someone to leave 15 mins after finally starting to exp. I know people enjoyed wasting their time. I did at the time because i had people to talk to while i waited in the jungle. That's not a good game design. That's a good community there is a big difference.

People may have enjoyed the game at 75 cause i know i did. I'm not saying i didn't enjoy it. but there was a lot of bad decisions made to the game early on because they didn't know better. There wasn't much to go off of and it was their first big MMO. Just cause you enjoyed it at the time doesn't mean it was a good game design. In fact the game had such a good community because the game was so badly designed.

"I could care less about your opinion" "you sound like an ignorant, whiny little child." Apparently my opinion struck a very sharp nerve and i'm sorry my opinion upset you so much.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-08-03 18:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I did at the time because i had people to talk to while i waited in the jungle. That's not a good game design. That's a good community there is a big difference.
This is where you seem to be confused. The design of the game is what leads to the kind of community within the game.

Why do you think there are so many jerks and horrible people playing all the MMOs these days, including FFXI? Answer: Because they can.

The early FFXI did not allow it. They would try to play, but since they're jerks, no one wanted to play with them and they couldn't progress. You needed other players to progress, you needed social networking to progress, and at a certain point you needed other people to selflessly help you in order to progress.

It's exactly what you hated about early FFXI that created the community you loved. It's the erosion of that high bar that has led to the erosion of that same community.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-03 18:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That's almost accurate, pieces of ***clung together to form piles of ***though too.
By aisukage 2018-08-03 18:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I did at the time because i had people to talk to while i waited in the jungle. That's not a good game design. That's a good community there is a big difference.
This is where you seem to be confused. The design of the game is what leads to the kind of community within the game.

Why do you think there are so many jerks and horrible people playing all the MMOs these days, including FFXI? Answer: Because they can.

The early FFXI did not allow it. They would try to play, but since they're jerks, no one wanted to play with them and they couldn't progress. You needed other players to progress, you needed social networking to progress, and at a certain point you needed other people to selflessly help you in order to progress.

It's exactly what you hated about early FFXI that created the community you loved. It's the erosion of that high bar that has led to the erosion of that same community.

But that's not 100% accurate like Eiryl said they still managed. Either by taking advantage of new players or just had friends that they were nice to because they were *** to everyone else.

HNM was the worst for this. Saw it many times when people joined HNM's they sucked up to people in the shell but were the biggest *** to everyone else in the game. They thought cause they joined a HNM ls that it made them special somehow. I left a HNM ls and joined a LS that was created by HNM people who like myself had enough of the amount of drama caused by the HNM scene and chose to do the rest of endgame events like limbus/dynamis/einherjar etc all because we were sick of the drama the game was creating.
By Afania 2018-08-03 18:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw it many times when people joined HNM's they sucked up to people in the shell but were the biggest *** to everyone else in the game. They thought cause they joined a HNM ls that it made them special somehow.

People still do that these days, lol. HNM system has nothing to do with these.
By aisukage 2018-08-03 19:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i know this but i think you took what i said the wrong way. I was simply pointing out HNM as an example.

They still have friends and get away with what they do because they could still manage in game back then and now. Even if people don't like it. Some people still wanted to join them also because it meant they would get stuff done even if they were unpleasant people to the majority.

So weather or not people liked them or not. it didn't effect them back then just like it doesn't effect them now.
[+]
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2018-08-03 21:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ok here is my point on this. Played FFXI since 2004-2005 ish and honestly the game sucked. It was terrible but honestly there wasn't any better.

Only thing you have going for it is the community and nostalgia. Thats it.
Nothing here screams "just my opinion". It reads like a judgement of everyone else's opinion. It reads like you're shitting on what others enjoy.

All of the stuff inbetween is valid, but are merely negative aspects (some bad design, some immature design, and some necessary evils) of a system that many people not just tolerated, not just enjoyed, but loved. Suggesting people only tolerated it because nothing else better existed is not only insulting on a personal level to many here, it's also ***. The game was most popular before before level sync even existed, but even if that's mere happenstance, many people tolerated the cons because the pros gave them an experience that doesn't even exist today. The community was at its absolute peak then (very few would argue that it's been at its peak for the last few years, but plenty would argue the contrary), and there are many who would argue that the leveling system in those days made this game. (I'm not one of those people, but I'm not the one here shitting on those people either.)

On a less personal level, endgame today isn't even comparable to endgame in 2008/2009. That was a time when sky, Dymamis, Jailers, Limbus, open world HNMs (wyrms, kings, ToAU, Sandworm NMs, others), BCNMs, Einherjar, ZNMs, VNMs, Nyzul, and Salvage were all relevant party/alliance events for endgame. Today most of those events are relegated to solo content for farming/RMEA grinding at best, with only a handful of group events done regularly in endgame (Aeonics, Omen, Ambuscade, Sinister Reign, a few UNMs, and Dynamis D), with most everything else either done solo or done with three people for people that don't tribox because SE still hasn't bothered to drop the three person minimum. That works for me (I don't even play on the Nasomi server), but your insistence that people only enjoy this server because of nostalgia is insulting and is objectively false.
By aisukage 2018-08-03 22:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Finbar said: »
Nothing here screams "just my opinion". It reads like a judgement of everyone else's opinion. It reads like you're shitting on what others enjoy.

First that's your opinion and second I was under the impression people are wise enough to know that what anyone says on here or anywhere else is their personal opinion. Didn't think i had to confirm that in every sentence so people wouldn't get the wrong idea. I haven't personally insulted anyone for playing on nasomi and even said at 1 point to each their own. Take it for what you want though it is your opinion after all.

back to the subject though i just hoped older players would even try XI now as it is. I know many old players that have gone to Nasomi without playing XI for years. Main reason = Old friends started to play on Nasomi. (majority of which i know would never have went there if they knew no one) Then i have a few friends i got to play and have really enjoyed the changes considering they are able to get stuff done with the time they have due to more responsibility's than they use to have.
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2018-08-03 23:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing you have going for it is the community and nostalgia. Thats it.
No retort to the rest? Mind your phrasing then.