Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Final fantasy private server Nasomi
Final fantasy private server Nasomi
By kalimairo 2018-07-26 09:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

iv reached 75 in nasomi got to beat kirin summoners are broken these kids think summoners were this strong in 75 era no they were not. but now i heard summoners can SC RIP 2008 era my ***. some people are using Plugins that are not allowed in server and no 1 bats an eye because their friends with nasomi.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-26 09:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like, obviously. Dudes on a powertrip fantasy.... that's the POINT of a private server.

Not to play "75 era content" to play the games "75 era content" the way YOU want to. To literally be God.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-07-26 09:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

kalimairo said: »
iv reached 75 in nasomi got to beat kirin summoners are broken these kids think summoners were this strong in 75 era no they were not. but now i heard summoners can SC RIP 2008 era my ***. some people are using Plugins that are not allowed in server and no 1 bats an eye because their friends with nasomi.

My thought isn't, "is this an exact replica of FFXI at that time?" But rather does it mostly share the same values of what made FFXI fun in the old days. Which was forcing people to participate in group play. Job balance is one of those tricky things and if you think 75 SAM was not above all other DDs in most content, I have some bad news for you.

That's where having a variety of content helps out. You can have some content where Migawari is important to have, so you'd bring along NINs instead. Or content where magic is important so more mages, etc.
 Bahamut.Aquatic
Server: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2018-07-26 10:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks attractive on paper, sure. But, I found myself making a mule and leveling her to 75 on various jobs and attempting to do old level 75 content... honestly it's all there. The only caveat is finding like-minded individuals who are willing to level sync and join you. I honestly prefer FFXI in 2018. Going back just feels masochistic at this point, and putting yourself at the mercy of a person that can ban you/shut everything down on a whim just doesn't justify putting any effort towards a feeling of nostalgia.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-07-26 10:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Same reason why anyone would care about their ffxiah rank.

Please, elaborate. Or are you just making correlations that don't exist? Got it.
By Draylo 2018-07-26 10:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Draylo said: »
What is the appeal to a private server? Everything would be a lot more annoying and harder in terms of progression, and you're stuck with boring 75 content that isn't even functional. Only thing I can think of is saving 12 dollars, as if that's a lot.

You answered your own question.

Harder in terms of progression because the community isn't the same. In the old days you had tons of different people to do things with, it was the community that made it. That private server probably has barely enough people to do events, and there weren't exactly many things going on back then 75 only. If you want a handicap like that, there are plenty of ways with retail XI.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2018-07-26 11:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Private servers are very limited on what they can offer compared to retail and some things are impossible to change. Most servers don't even have a good portion of the missions working and some of the jobs are not in a playable state. They are fun to mess around on though. I dabbled on my own private server for a little bit for fun and "balanced" some of the avatars for summoner to try and make them all more unique and useful. I made diabolos a drk tank by making his nether blast act like drain II and Camisado (which is a weaker bloodpact) would convert some of the damage dealt into a dread spikes effect for Diabolos lol. I made titan a fusion of pld/whm/sch by making his mountain buster convert some of the damage into a stoneskin effect while converting 50% of the summoner's enmity to Titan (kinda giving smn the option to tank and giving them a good reason to melee or try different subjobs for enmity). Geocrush would apply a helix effect equal to 10% of the damage dealt. I also made elemental siphon work with avatars and it would transfer buffs from the summoner to the avatar in exchange for a much lower mp return. It only worked on specific buffs like protect, shell, haste, and wards from other avatars. So you could do something like light spirit for pro and shell 5, carbuncles shining ruby, diabolos noctoshield, and garudas haste and then transfer those effects to Titan for example. I also changed brd's Maiden's Virelai into an actual charm and gave them pet commands lol.
[+]
By kalimairo 2018-07-26 13:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ZNMS all mobs just autto attack 2, and nasomi thinks AHT URghan broke the game, i highly disagree. Enmity is not working well there too. iv seen relic paladins there not using Senitl while tanking or curing others, theres a way to bug dynamis to capp merits too. id pay 50 dollars a month for a real 2008 era Server not to mention vitality is broken and cumulative enmity u cant use pld/nin ninja spells for cumulative other then utuesmi.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-26 13:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ZNMS all mobs just autto attack 2, and nasomi thinks AHT URghan broke the game, i highly disagree. Enmity is not working well there too. iv seen relic paladins there not using Senitl while tanking or curing others, theres a way to bug dynamis to capp merits too. id pay 50 dollars a month for a real 2008 era Server.

I hate to be brutally honest here, but what you want is a time machine. not a legacy server. (I do understand that a legacy server, a legit one, WOULD generate a lot of buzz and probably get some OG players back for a short time)

It wasn't necessarily a better game (it was) but the people were there. You could have a perfect legacy server, without the people, it really doesn't matter.

I too would LOVE to play 2006-7 era ffxi. Without the claimbots though. But you aren't gonna get your 20s mentality back. your 20s free time. your 20s friends.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aquatic
Server: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2018-07-26 13:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ZNMS all mobs just autto attack 2, and nasomi thinks AHT Ughan broke the game, i highly disagree. Enmity is not working well there too. iv seen relic paladins there not using Senitl while tanking or curing others, theres a way to bug dynamis to capp merits too. id pay 50 dollars a month for a real 2008 era Server not to mention vitality is broken and cumulative enmity u cant use pld/nin ninja spells for cumulative other then utuesmi.

Although I'm biased as hell as ToAU was my favorite expansion and era of ffxi... I have to agree. 2-handed weapon balance, several key job balances, New Merit Point categories, and a much needed second support job at the time... The times before pre-aht urgan were stressful. Not to mention jobs like WAR and DRK resorted to dualwielding axes for optimal damage over time. You'd have to be crazy to think that expansion broke the game.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-26 13:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ZNMS all mobs just autto attack 2, and nasomi thinks AHT URghan broke the game, i highly disagree. Enmity is not working well there too. iv seen relic paladins there not using Senitl while tanking or curing others, theres a way to bug dynamis to capp merits too. id pay 50 dollars a month for a real 2008 era Server not to mention vitality is broken and cumulative enmity u cant use pld/nin ninja spells for cumulative other then utuesmi.
Sounds like this guy is a very sad emo soul. White gate did not break the game either lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-26 13:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this private server host ye olde style Ballista matches? 30/40/50/60/uncapped? And is it currently being supported?
By Jetackuu 2018-07-26 14:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I still state that the people who pine for HNM days are certifiable.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-26 14:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't miss the "event" they miss the feeling of being able to go "I've got a ridill, ***' peasant."

There is nothing that accomplishes that anymore. You tell someone you've got an "aphelion knuckles" they just go "hey thats great i couldn't care less"
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-07-26 14:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Never played on Nasomi, but don't quite understand the personal attacks on the guy for running a popular FFXI private server? To each their own.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-07-26 14:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They don't miss the "event" they miss the feeling of being able to go "I've got a ridill, ***' peasant."

There is nothing that accomplishes that anymore. You tell someone you've got an "aphelion knuckles" they just go "hey thats great i couldn't care less"

What is great about those?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-26 14:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing I could think of that's comparable to a ridill, lolmastertrial knuckles.

Used to get legit jealous of ridills osodes haidates dalmaticas. Now I literally laugh at people in tardplates and mastertrial "trophies"
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-26 14:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Never played on Nasomi, but don't quite understand the personal attacks on the guy for running a popular FFXI private server? To each their own.
Attack’s and facts are two different things. Most people that have commented on the server and rules with it are providing how the individual runs the server. Sounds like a very opinionated version of the “75” days. Play it my way that I am mentality locked in is not the true 75 only content. I will not provide facts on my response and say he sounds like a tyrant.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-26 14:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I will admit 50 percent correct on this when I was in HNMLS lol
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-26 14:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like, obviously. Dudes on a powertrip fantasy.... that's the POINT of a private server.

Not to play "75 era content" to play the games "75 era content" the way YOU want to. To literally be God.
Facts
By DaneBlood 2018-07-26 15:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Harder in terms of progression because the community isn't the same. In the old days you had tons of different people to do things with, it was the community that made it. That private server probably has barely enough people to do events, and there weren't exactly many things going on back then 75 only. If you want a handicap like that, there are plenty of ways with retail XI.

I missed your point then.
I totally agree on that part.

But I do miss alot of the long term goals that took some teamwork to do rather than the very trust focussed current game.
I understand the need for it. just miss the old team spirit i guess
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-26 15:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

What do you expect? The existence of private servers ultimately hurt the retail version because some of these people may be playing on retail server instead if private servers dont exist. As a result we get smaller community if free option exists.

As a paying customer obviously we wouldn't want to support it.

Some say they paid players to stream, others mentioned the bugs and glitches, thats not personal attack.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-26 15:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed your point then.
I totally agree on that part.

But I do miss alot of the long term goals that took some teamwork to do rather than the very trust focussed current game.
I understand the need for it. just miss the old team spirit i guess
I agree. I do kind of miss group standards too that I learned in HNMLS. Example: the people not using RR earring or hairpin. That was a must back in the day the chance of losing a fight because of it and mp shortage. In a way made the person responsible for getting up or actions. Now it’s just a free for all I Dano it must just be me. I’ve seen some people lose in VD ambuscade or VD merit points fight for a technicality. When it could have been saved but funny how I’m still in that habit lol.
By DaneBlood 2018-07-27 08:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
I agree. I do kind of miss group standards too that I learned in HNMLS. Example: the people not using RR earring or hairpin. That was a must back in the day the chance of losing a fight because of it and mp shortage. In a way made the person responsible for getting up or actions. Now it’s just a free for all I Dano it must just be me. I’ve seen some people lose in VD ambuscade or VD merit points fight for a technicality. When it could have been saved but funny how I’m still in that habit lol.

When I came back fon my new character I was amazed on how many ppl dont use food or ja. i see war's never popping warcry og bloodrage trough a 45mins event...

Geo's joining for CP parties that was not able to cast geo-spells

Seems like peopple have lost the teamspirit and team responsibility.
at least mention you can only do half your job before joining.
but peopel are su used to beeign carried by trust now that project that over to other ppl as well.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-27 09:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

but peopel are su used to beeign carried by trust now that project that over to other ppl as well.

It's not a "team spirit" thing. People are just lazy thinkers. How hard is it to buy medicine and RR from the curio vendor? It's not even locked behind a 30 second wearable gear item anymore. Back in the day, you couldn't even enter sky if you were not on a mage job and didnt have oils, unless someone was nice enough to sneak you or tractor you through byakko island. You'd get shamed for being a gimp and wasting the entire group's time because you got lost on ullikummi floor and someone had to backtrack and find you. Today's player != past player. More was expected back then and you needed to actually think.

I can't count how many times a WHM says "I forgot to RR" or a GEO just refuses to cast stoneskin while standing right in range of harmful AOE. It's not about the game being dumbed down, players just got super lazy over time and we accepted it rather then telling them they are a liability. I have sometimes found myself explaining to a player that his playstyle is the reason why the group is not successful, and that small adjustments make the difference. It sounds mean, but you have to expect more of others. If not, teach them why that is important.

(anyone on this private server can let me know what the Ballista atmosphere looks like over there?
By kalimairo 2018-07-28 20:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

theres going to be Q and A guys every 1 make an acc ask him to put TOAU. he fxied HNM claims like 2 months ago he tried to change claiming for new players to have a chance ppl broke that ***and made new accs to auto claim hnms, he fixed it like last week irrc
By kalimairo 2018-07-28 20:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

It's not a "team spirit" thing. People are just lazy thinkers. How hard is it to buy medicine and RR from the curio vendor? It's not even locked behind a 30 second wearable gear item anymore. Back in the day, you couldn't even enter sky if you were not on a mage job and didnt have oils, unless someone was nice enough to sneak you or tractor you through byakko island. You'd get shamed for being a gimp and wasting the entire group's time because you got lost on ullikummi floor and someone had to backtrack and find you. Today's player != past player. More was expected back then and you needed to actually think.

I can't count how many times a WHM says "I forgot to RR" or a GEO just refuses to cast stoneskin while standing right in range of harmful AOE. It's not about the game being dumbed down, players just got super lazy over time and we accepted it rather then telling them they are a liability. I have sometimes found myself explaining to a player that his playstyle is the reason why the group is not successful, and that small adjustments make the difference. It sounds mean, but you have to expect more of others. If not, teach them why that is important.

(anyone on this private server can let me know what the Ballista atmosphere looks like over there?

NOT SURE IF PPL do balista here, never seen it happen in my 2 years of playimte

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Diavos
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2018-07-28 21:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I decided to check Nasomi out this week after some prodding by old LS mates, some of them were big fans of Ballista and they've mentioned it not being available on the server, not yet anyway.