May 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 01:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's crafted. there's no mission/quest line for it.

it's not going to have mythic aftermath or relic ODD or empyrean aftermath.

Just strong as *** base damage. and maybe some other new gimmick novelty. Like "if no buffs ws deals 99999 damage"

So we can debate how good it is if you cant use protect shell haste or food.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-10 02:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
They mentioned it in the beginning of the livestream when they were talking about Dyna weapons.

Would you mind taking apart my translation posts and making any corrections? I know I miss stuff, but I am open about my own inadequacies and would genuinely appreciate the backup/counter translation. XD

Second pass at it, with my first round of corrections/clarifications is >>> here <<<.

EDIT: Speaking of translation backup, the livestream just came up and I can barely hear the speaker who's getting drowned out by the background music. >_<;;
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-05-10 02:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to look at it later, at work atm so no sound, hehe.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-05-10 02:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So we can debate how good it is if you cant use protect shell haste or food.
Ninja would be like you laughed at all my extra useless dual wield well whose laughing now
[+]
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-05-10 02:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If they did that, they would add another boss that absorbs all buffs but makes the buffs 10x stronger on self, forcing us to build these weapons for 1 boss fight... or we'll just smn burn it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
Server: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2018-05-10 02:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Brave_Blade_II

Only the 2nd all jobs great sword. Hopefully easily attainable and not tied to an event.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-05-10 02:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Looks like these Dyna weapons won't be "just" expensive craftable weapons to close the gap with RMEA, but a new fifth category of RMEA.

Not sure I like this, but I guess game needed a new long time gil/effort sink to keep players playing without new content.
It's probably one of the things that works the best, to that end.
gils*
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 02:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jutubyaa said: »

Only the 2nd all jobs great sword. Hopefully easily attainable and not tied to an event.

Mog Bonanza.
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
Server: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2018-05-10 02:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lakshmi.Jutubyaa said: »

Mog Bonanza.

par-for-the-course move by SE I guess
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-10 03:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So, step 1 of the trust enhancement quest is a RoE that requires you to get 500,000 capacity points (i.e., 16.66 JPs) while using trusts. Quest text implies there are three total RoE: "There are three objectives for you to complete")
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 03:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

New icons for songs are *** ugly as hell thank god for xiview

Ulmia is one of my favorite npcs... but her marches leave me missing Cornelia #SAD
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-10 03:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Caradogg's Xview icon pack work with the new patch or do we have to wait until a new version is released?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 03:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever last version I have, still works, overwrites the ugly pink pixelated ones they added

Gross, I would take the grey ones back over these.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2018-05-10 03:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW to save your sanity, if you have met all criteria and Marjory still refuses to talk to someone of your pitiful aura, spam Jamal to clear any remaining text.

Frickin annoying, thought quest trigger was bugged initially.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 03:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

After people got AAHM they forgot there is additional dialog.

There is additional dialog after every AA trust, but why talk to him after AAHM, easy to forget.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2018-05-10 04:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 4.. so with no mules only a 10/99 chance I get a Brave Blade, fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-05-10 04:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't fought this month's Theme for Ambuscade before so just throwing it out there:

Regular is 1 Imp (Boss) and 4 Gargoyle adds. Gargoyles can be ignored, they animate based on a timer from what I could tell versus Imp's HP. I've soloed up to Difficult (with Trusts) thus far. Imp's main job is BRD. Imp has relatively low HP. It's horn can be broken with Critical hits. (Though it will SP animation to get it back)

Still early on my server so nobody to really do Intense with. It wrecked me...

Sidenote:
Domain Invasion Cap. Points count towards Trust CP. :)
By SimonSes 2018-05-10 05:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so what's the requirement for upgrading Trusts? Someone mentioned something about "at least 86 Trusts"? Was that related to upgrading quest?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-05-10 05:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Ok, so what's the requirement for upgrading Trusts? Someone mentioned something about "at least 86 Trusts"? Was that related to upgrading quest?

At least 86 Trusts; Must have fully finished Ark Angel Trusts quests; Talk to her and start filling CP.
 Asura.Esoj
By Asura.Esoj 2018-05-10 05:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what it says on the objectives. Still not getting the cs from Marjory though...
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-10 05:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Goblin Don resisted Stymie Sleep II.
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-05-10 05:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

86 trusts needed on the 107 non unity ones. So you Need To get 80% of available trusts before starting the quest
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-05-10 05:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thats what it says on the objectives. Still not getting the cs from Marjory though...

There's some extra dialogue after you finish AA HM. It's on page 2 btw.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-10 05:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Goblin Don resisted Stymie Sleep II.
If it's the same as the old goblin fight I seem to recall they were all immune to all forms of sleep?
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-10 06:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If they are gonna update RMEA because of that (like Tarowyn claims) then no, it sounds like it's gonna be something else entirely.
Especially the huge emphasis that Nyalrko reported about how much time they spent talking about how expensive and nice they'll be.
They've never done that for Raetic or the other weapons added in the last 1+ years.
Before Aeonic were released the Statement was clear and in the video. “This will be the final set of ultimate weapons.”
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-10 06:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
If they are gonna update RMEA because of that (like Tarowyn claims) then no, it sounds like it's gonna be something else entirely.
Especially the huge emphasis that Nyalrko reported about how much time they spent talking about how expensive and nice they'll be.
They've never done that for Raetic or the other weapons added in the last 1+ years.
Before Aeonic were released the Statement was clear and in the video. “This will be the final set of ultimate weapons.”

Dynamis 3.0 can give us updated Relic.
Salvage 3.0 can give us updated Mythic.
Abyssea 2.0 can give us updated Empyrean.
Reisenjima 2.0 in 2022 can give us updated Aeonic.

Re-use assets, keeps slow progress going and keeps the economy focused on endlessly making REMA's.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-10 06:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true, but they could've changed their minds.

SoA wasn't supposed to be released either, if you think about it.
Or it could be a matter of nomenclature.

Like they say "nooo it's not an ultimate weapon!" but then they could still de facto be despite their refusal to define them as such.

@Ladyofhonor
Nah. Whatever these new weapons are gonna be they said they will be mats, crafting and eschuteon related, so I doubt they will have anything to do with the old Relics.
By Wolfen 2018-05-10 07:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It probably is the final set of weapons meaning they won't add any new ultimate type weapons, doesn't mean they won't further upgrade existing ultimate weapons though.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/33112-Level-99-Relic-Mythic-Empyrean-and-WoE-Weapons?p=570368#post570368

This was posted on the official forum after the last ultimate weapon upgrades, explaining why afterglow was added to them and a "possibility of expansion in the future".
 Asura.Brahk
user: Brahk
By Asura.Brahk 2018-05-10 07:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For the new trust quest, where do I find the "Filled to Capacity" objective? I can't find it! Thanks :-)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11