May 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-14 01:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they were way over ambitious with 3 resin augs per month.

Realistically how many defense augments are people going to make. Resin content needs to last an entire year. 36 capes is overkill. (yeah, you guys are gonna make 600 damn capes, but everyone else is gonna make 1 per job, and thats it, 2 if they're really try-hards) and those people don't play 22 jobs.

That, and, they raised the amount of gallantry you need to get per month AGAIN when they added resins. It went from 10k (metals) to 20k (fibers) to 28k (resins).

Lowering Gallantry resins to 3 makes it 25k gallantry.

Or they could simply be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and completely forgot to add the extra five.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-14 02:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'll probably be satisfied myself with like 15 capes max.
Don't really see me putting a 5th augment on each of my capes honestly.

About raising the Gallantry per month it's kinda debateable.
If you've done Ambuscade every month you don't need any more metals, and you should be not far away from needing no more Fibers.

I know in July I will have 4 sets (that's what, 20 pieces?) upgraded to +2 and that will be enough for me since I don't need to upgrade the Flamma set.

For people who skipped months or just came back to the game of course your point stands strong.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-14 02:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if you've done every month you've got 25/25 set 1 and 16/25 set 2. 25/25 set 2 happens in October.

Winter 2018 (likely November, but could be oct or dec too) is when we either get rings+1 or set 1+3

But needing 28k gallantry is a daunting number for someone that just started this month and is stuck slumming some V2s (not that 25k is any better tbh)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-14 02:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Putting so much relevance on Gallantry means that you will end up with an excess of Hallmarks.
This is no difference for those people who would farm tons of Hallmarks regardless of the Gallantry reqs, but for many other people it creates a big difference.
That is: it makes you end up with lots of hallmarks you weren't really planning to get otherwise.
Result? You gonna convert those hallmarks into mats that you gonna put on Bazaar/AH, furtherly undervaluing their market worth.

This might seem stupid to you, but it's exactely my situation.
I'm lazy, I hate farming gil. If it weren't for the fact I'm *required* to farm a certain amount of gallantry, I wouldn't end up with so much hallmarks every month, and I wouldn't convert them into mats to put on the market.

I know a lot of "average" players in the same exact position.
I mean, the market situation would be in a bad situation regardless of course, but without this thing I just described the speed rate of devaluation would've been much, much, much slower trust me.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-14 03:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really look at the potential just the minimum. I can see that 28k Gallantry is a lot. Maybe they saw that and scaled it back to what they consider reasonable.

It's 30 Normal V1, that's a *** casually. Even with maximum seals per month you're looking at 20+ and yeah, a good size of the pop can't even pull off N (though they realllly should, normal should always be your bare minimum, even a brand new 117 pld can tank the war or dark on normal, and a naked pup can do it. but it is what it is. )

I honestly don't even think you can reasonably even get 10k gallantry doing v2 even if you spent the entire month spamming that ***non-stop... 150 is just insulting.

I do find it weird nonetheless that there was no comment about scaling it back from 3 to 2 though. Like we would just let it go?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11