May 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 01:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, he asked a *** question, I answered it. Correctly. That's it.
[+]
By jopa 2018-05-10 01:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade Vol. 1 is a repeat of Goblins.
Vol. 2 is demons I guess: Heimdallr + Bas-relief x4 (imp + gargouilles?)
By Meril1 2018-05-10 01:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It was simply the the literal text saying there is 72 lol. Well *** me for reading lol.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-05-10 01:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So another easy month?
By Chyula 2018-05-10 01:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

someone dig out the strategy for gob please.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-10 01:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Your mouse/keyboard/fingers are broken? Not that hard to do a tiny bit of research on your own. :/
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-05-10 01:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Your mouse/keyboard/fingers are broken? Not that hard to do a tiny bit of research on your own. :/
Especially when bg wiki's ambuscade page has an archive section for all past months...
By Nyarlko 2018-05-10 01:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Especially when bg wiki's ambuscade page has an archive section for all past months...
Shhhhh >.> You just gave him a hint. lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 01:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no data from that month.

From Sechs, July 2016
Quote:
Goblins you basically have to split the group of mobs from the main nm and keeping them separated and at a certain distance (basically need two tanks).
If you don't do that they're gonna do a special move once separated (Divided We Fall?) and if you keep them all together they're gonna do another (United We Fall?).
Both moves basically mean you're kinda gonna wipe.

Keep them separated, kill the main boss (Don) then everything else. The BLM is lullabyable the rest of them is immune to sleep/lullaby.

It sounds ok on paper but it's actually much harder because of some hate reset moves, some wonky hate things which makes it difficult to keep them separated and it's basically a big pain to do this fight for many other reasons which is exactely why I don't consider it an efficient way to be farming Hallmarks because in the same time you do one Intense VD (supposing your group can even do it) you can easily do 3+ Normal VD, like I said before.
And Normal is so easy it doesn't really require an incredibly good group, can easily go with a PUG without worrying too much.
I suggest to do Intense on VE just to do the Monthly-roe and farm an Abdhalys seal to be using on next month's (august) Ambuscade.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-05-10 01:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

july 2016 is gob one, bgwiki no info on it lol.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-05-10 01:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The strategy is to make the goblins' HP reach 0 before yours does.

But unless it's been recycled since, I think this was done a couple years ago or so. oh god, another hint
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-05-10 01:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

Didn't realize last one was so far back. And seems nothing was written on it back in the day... must have been easy then
By cuddlyhamster 2018-05-10 01:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
* Alter ego levels will adjust automatically when the number of players in a party changes.

is there a way to add or remove players from a party without having all your trusts disappear?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-10 01:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Where can we find set bonus'?
By Nyarlko 2018-05-10 01:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

cuddlyhamster said: »
Quote:
* Alter ego levels will adjust automatically when the number of players in a party changes.

is there a way to add or remove players from a party without having all your trusts disappear?

Kicking does not dismiss Trusts. Inviting does and there is no way around that. Best workaround is to have someone else invite people, then pass leader to whoever needs to call Trusts to bypass the casting lockout.

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

On what? :/
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 01:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Next month! only allowed one update for dienamis per month. Resources too tight.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-05-10 01:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a Delorean, speed up to 88 MPH in a lightning storm, and go into the future!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-10 01:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's incredibly depressing.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-10 01:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Next month! only allowed one update for dienamis per month. Resources too tight.
Next month should be Divergence Weapons I think.. They've been teasing them long enough. =_=;;

-----------------------------------

I believe the rumor that it's not possible to have both set bonus/augments comes from me, and after thinking about it for a long while, I'm pretty sure that what I said before was based on very old-school info, and I'm not even sure what the original source was. We also have the modern example of Escha HQ ABJ sets, which have a set bonus and can be augmented, so it can't be a 100% blanket statement regardless.

There are other reasons why I don't believe that they'll be adding a set bonus, but I'd rather think about the stuff that we know is incoming rather than what some people hope might happen.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 01:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They've been teasing them long enough.

[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-05-10 01:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They've been teasing them long enough.

[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-05-10 01:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Next month should be Divergence Weapons I think.. They've been teasing them long enough. =_=;;

I believe the rumor that it's not possible to have both set bonus/augments comes from me, and after thinking about it for a long while, I'm pretty sure that what I said before was based on very old-school info, and I'm not even sure what the original source was. We also have the modern example of Escha HQ ABJ sets, which have a set bonus and can be augmented, so it can't be a 100% blanket statement regardless.

There are other reasons why I don't believe that they'll be adding a set bonus, but I'd rather think about the stuff that we know is incoming rather than what some people hope might happen.

Dunno if it'll be next month since they seem to be planning out Dyna weapons and the REM upgrades together. Guess they could just do Dyna weapons first and REM later...
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2018-05-10 01:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49140/july-2016-version-update/11/

maybe somethere
By Nyarlko 2018-05-10 01:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »

Dunno if it'll be next month since they seem to be planning out Dyna weapons and the REM upgrades together. Guess they could just do Dyna weapons first and REM later...
Where have you heard any sort of information on REM upgrades of any sort? (Asking because I want to know.)
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-05-10 01:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They mentioned it in the beginning of the livestream when they were talking about Dyna weapons.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-10 01:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I hope Divergence weapons use Relics as a base and are a way to upgrade and redo them. Almost none of the relics are used and they need a remake.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-10 01:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like these Dyna weapons won't be "just" expensive craftable weapons to close the gap with RMEA, but a new fifth category of RMEA.

Not sure I like this, but I guess game needed a new long time gil/effort sink to keep players playing without new content.
It's probably one of the things that works the best, to that end.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 01:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, just another crafted weapon. just like Raetic.
By Staleyx 2018-05-10 01:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC just split goblins up and they can't do a nasty aoe.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-10 01:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If they are gonna update RMEA because of that (like Tarowyn claims) then no, it sounds like it's gonna be something else entirely.
Especially the huge emphasis that Nyalrko reported about how much time they spent talking about how expensive and nice they'll be.
They've never done that for Raetic or the other weapons added in the last 1+ years.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11