Random Politics & Religion #32

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #32
Random Politics & Religion #32
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 48 49 50
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-02-15 17:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
There are tons of unemployed mentally sane veterans who have years of training in firearm management. Why not hire them as security guards? Why not a couple police officers or a armed resource officer?

Better yet address why this ***is happening instead of blaming an inanimate object. Why in my days of school which was 80's to 93, did we have rifle class in school. You brought your own gun for christ sakes. Never once did we have an issue. I cannot remember a school shooting during my whole time in school.

This is also why I ignore the liberal "gun free zones." I am trained in weapon management and a cc permit holder. Why is it these criminals always go for gun free zones? Could it be they know they are soft targets with knowledge of very little chance of retaliation. Why is it with schools with armed teachers does this not happen? Is this caused by liberal regulations and stigmas?
Where are there schools with armed teachers? Honestly curious as I’ve never read anything about that mostly just arguments for or against...

Again why is it that the only way we seem to be able to address this is either more guns or no guns? Are those really the the only two solutions we can think of?

Police officers have guns it doesn’t stop them from being targeted... what about convenient stores where the attendants are armed and still get robbed or banks or how about all the personal fire arms that are stolen from private residences? Just because there are guns somewhere doesn’t mean it stops people and just because there aren’t any doesn’t mean it’s automatically a target then...

People blame guns because of the a ailabilty and the increased ease with which they make it to kill someone... it’s like saying don’t blame nukes blame people... don’t blame tanks blame people... don’t get me wrong I’m not for banning weapons but it’s just a stupid argument...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-02-15 17:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
But isn't that an INTERESTING squirrel over there.

well get me a verified hard count then, would you? or can we just agree that 1 is too many and we should expand state funded mental health services?

WHAT'S UP?

WHAT'S NEXT?!?!?
5 police officers have already been killed this year as well...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-02-15 17:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Candlejack said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
'Numerous fatalities', more than 20 injured in mass shooting at Florida high school; suspect in custody
USA Today - 5 minuets ago

We can expect another round of hearts and prayers and inaction.
If thoughts and prayers worked, this wouldn't have happened. At all. Inaction doesn't work. Action does. Going house to house confiscating does. Destroying every gun in private hands does.
Sigh... this will never happen and it won’t work... why you think it would baffles me...
She isnt thinking, she’s feeling.
After your previous post I think you’ve continued to show that you’re about the same... that and you seem pretty ok with certain students getting shot by teachers...
By Nausi 2018-02-15 18:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

/Yep, thats my position, you nailed it/. Let me clue you in.

The left WANTS people to be defenseless. Everytime a school shooting happens they rush to the microphones to accuse everyone who believes in the second amendment of advocating for the slaughter of children. They don’t hesitate to sieze what they perceive to be political value. Because they do this, we can easily propose that they WANT MORE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS.

This is further reinforced by the fact that when the shootings happen, the only solution they accept is a ban on guns, or a kind of guns. We cant arm teachers, we cant have virtual classrooms, we cant chaste the FBI when they were told about the guy. The only way to quiet the left is to give up guns.

Its their tactic of choice for dismantling this particular western value.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-02-15 18:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The left WANTS people to be defenseless. Everytime a school shooting happens they rush to the microphones to accuse everyone who believes in the second amendment of advocating for the slaughter of children. They don’t hesitate to sieze what they perceive to be political value. Because they do this, we can easily propose that they WANT MORE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS.

This is further reinforced by the fact that when the shootings happen, the only solution they accept is a ban on guns, or a kind of guns. We cant arm teachers, we cant have virtual classrooms, we cant chaste the FBI when they were told about the guy. The only way to quiet the left is to give up guns.

They don’t want to people to be defenseless and that’s just a silly position to take... people see things differently and just like the left automatically and stupidly goes to banning guns the right automatically and stupidly goes to let’s give everyone guns... they don’t want more school shootings and you should know that... or you could conversely say the right wants more school shootings so that we can get more guns out there... see how silly that logic is?

The way to do it is to have an honest conversation but both sides seem to just want to lash out...

Having a gun is a western value?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-15 19:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

OK gang.

I have found a REALLY good essay on this subject. Oddly enough it comes from my favorite lefty website, Wonkette, which is more known for profanity and humor than thoughtful analysis.

Even odder most of our right leaning friends will agree with what it says. Well... as long as they aren't trapped in the manosphere.

Of Course Florida School Shooter Was A Girl-Hating White Supremacist. Of Course I Am Tired Of Writing This Article.
By Viciouss 2018-02-15 19:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a typical nausi lie, don't even know why your engaging. Just a reminder we lost 59 people to a shooter in Las Vegas late last year during a concert, nothing has been done. They talked about banning bump stocks for a few days, never went anywhere, and that can't even be considered progress even if it did happen. We also lost another 20 people to a church shooting in San Antonio, nothing has been done. Trump made a pathetic speech today without even mentioning gun violence, so he can't even admit the USA has a gun violence problem, despite two of the five deadliest shootings in US history happening while he was in office. Don't expect any leadership from him, just a cop-out citing mental health.
By Zerowone 2018-02-15 20:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

It’s like it’s not even satire anymore.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-02-15 20:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
nothing has been done

/Sigh, more of this. What do you want to be done, Vic? Protip: "Something" isn't an answer.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2018-02-15 21:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is usually the part where they ramble something about that gun show loophole.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-02-15 21:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There are tons of unemployed mentally sane veterans who have years of training in firearm management. Why not hire them as security guards? Why not a couple police officers or a armed resource officer?

Better yet address why this ***is happening instead of blaming an inanimate object. Why in my days of school which was 80's to 93, did we have rifle class in school. You brought your own gun for christ sakes. Never once did we have an issue. I cannot remember a school shooting during my whole time in school.

This is also why I ignore the liberal "gun free zones." I am trained in weapon management and a cc permit holder. Why is it these criminals always go for gun free zones? Could it be they know they are soft targets with knowledge of very little chance of retaliation. Why is it with schools with armed teachers does this not happen? Is this caused by liberal regulations and stigmas?
Where are there schools with armed teachers? Honestly curious as I’ve never read anything about that mostly just arguments for or against...

Again why is it that the only way we seem to be able to address this is either more guns or no guns? Are those really the the only two solutions we can think of?

Police officers have guns it doesn’t stop them from being targeted... what about convenient stores where the attendants are armed and still get robbed or banks or how about all the personal fire arms that are stolen from private residences? Just because there are guns somewhere doesn’t mean it stops people and just because there aren’t any doesn’t mean it’s automatically a target then...

People blame guns because of the a ailabilty and the increased ease with which they make it to kill someone... it’s like saying don’t blame nukes blame people... don’t blame tanks blame people... don’t get me wrong I’m not for banning weapons but it’s just a stupid argument...

school armed teacher slink

another link

they dont really list the schools as im sure they don't want to much backlash.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-02-15 21:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of it too is soft targets. If I am a crazed killer I am going to go for places that are gun free zones, ie most schools, stores that advertise gun free. The chance of anyone shooting back is slim to none and you would be able to enhance your kill numbers. That is why I carry when I go out to eat as well. I ignore the gun free zones signs at a lot of restaurants or I go somewhere else.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-02-15 22:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

school armed teacher slink

another link

they dont really list the schools as im sure they don't want to much backlash.
Thank you... it looks like it’s actually fairly common in the states at least a lot more so than I ever thought... it looks like they may not list specific schools but from the one bill the specifically discussed it does list the district so you can assume that it could be anyone in that district... I also found it interesting that it was only 80% for a police officer to pass the course but they were holding teachers to 90%...

Now it’s one of those you hope it never it happens but would be interesting to see what happens if a shooting happens in one of those schools...

In other news looks like another possible school attack was prevented by the grandmother of a kid who shopped through his diary and turned it over to the cops...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-02-15 23:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of it too is soft targets. If I am a crazed killer I am going to go for places that are gun free zones, ie most schools, stores that advertise gun free. The chance of anyone shooting back is slim to none and you would be able to enhance your kill numbers. That is why I carry when I go out to eat as well. I ignore the gun free zones signs at a lot of restaurants or I go somewhere else.
Personally I don’t see anything really supporting that... soft targets as you say don’t seem to have anything to do with it as with most school shootings they are perpetrated by kids that go to school there and they are either dead or locked up really quickly... it doesn’t seem like they are motivated by concerns for their own safety... if have to do a bit more research on that though as that conclusion comes mostly from news articles I have read...

Many gun free zones have nothing to do with leftist politics either as it applies to pretty much all government buildings, airports, train stations, etc. many of those buildings, though, have armed officers patrolling... like i stated before though gun free zones aren’t the only places targeted... many comes take place where others do have guns...

In any case I’m not against people owning guns in the US and quite frankly it’s unrealistic to even think they could or should all be removed from personal ownership... what I am for is people like yourself or like my father who have either trained or become comfortable with the use of one... some people have grown up with them... I had a buddy who’s dad had been taking out to hunt since he was about 5 so he’s used to them and properly knows how to use them and take care of em... the things that make me a little uncomfortable is people getting them that aren’t comfortable with em and that don’t seem to be capable of properly taking care of them... I look at it kind of like a car... it’s a tool but it’s a possibly dangerous one and where I grew up you needed to take a class a driving course take a written test a driving test and 40 hours of driving with supervision before you could get a license and I think it should be similar to get a fire arm license and just like drivers licenses different types for different types of guns... or you can get passes for instance if you were in the military or a police officer or something... Personally, I asked my dad to take me out to the range so I could get more comfortable with it if the time ever came up where I had to use one...
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-02-16 03:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

teachers can't even work overhead projectors but yeah lets give them guns
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-02-16 08:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
The only answer is intact families that care about their children and focus on education.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-02-16 08:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They don’t want to people to be defenseless and that’s just a silly position to take... people see things differently and just like the left automatically and stupidly goes to banning guns the right automatically and stupidly goes to let’s give everyone guns... they don’t want more school shootings and you should know that... or you could conversely say the right wants more school shootings so that we can get more guns out there... see how silly that logic is?

The way to do it is to have an honest conversation but both sides seem to just want to lash out...

Having a gun is a western value?

The right to keep and bear arms (so that you may fend off a tyrannical government) is a western value.

How can you on one hand acknowledge the claim that that left always moves to ban guns yet not recognize that a primary consequence of that is that people would be defenseless?
[+]
By Nausi 2018-02-16 09:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Secondly you can say all you want that more guns means more shootings, but you would not have any real evidence for making that claim.

Conversely it's very easy to simply observe that self proclaimed "gun free zones" are generally where mass shootings occur.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-16 09:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The right to keep and bear arms (so that you may fend off a tyrannical government) is a western value.

And this value is anathema to liberal progressive values. If the people can fight off a tyrannical government then they could resist the necessary "sacrifices" for a communist enlightened unified government of equality to exist.

Humans are inherently unequal, some are faster, some are stronger, some are smarter, some are more cunning and some are plain better then others. Evolution doesn't give a *** about egalitarian equality and thus some members of homo sapiens have inherently better genes they got from their parents and will pass on to their children. Egalitarianism would never work on it's own, those humans that are better then others would naturally rise to the top in resource acquisition. In order for there to be an Egalitarian society the equality would have to be ultimately enforced with violence, disobeying the Egalitarian government would have to mean death. Universal equality must be enforced with strict laws and measures to prevent those who are better from rising to the top. And thus a authoritarian fascist government is required for liberal progressive values to be realized.

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is the idealized liberal progressive society complete with enforced equality. No one is allowed to rise above any other and equality is strictly enforced at gun point. Now how could people like zero, shrui, vic and CJ get a population to adhere to the DPRK system of government if that population is armed.

This is the future society envisioned by those above posters.

HARRISON BERGERON

http://www.tnellen.com/cybereng/harrison.html
[+]
By Nausi 2018-02-16 10:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Secondly you can say all you want that more guns means more shootings, but you would not have any real evidence for making that claim.

There are plenty of studies out there supporting this.

There's no solution to the USA gun violence issue, it's a cultural problem and it's not going to change. You can try patching things by restricting certain guns or throwing more guns at the problem but it's not going to change anything.

There is a significant statistical trend that illustrates the point that - more guns means less gun homicides -.

Now if more guns meant more gun homicides, that would mean that the overall drop in the homicide rate would have to be due to other overwhelming factors that would necessarily have to eclipse the rise in the rate from so many extra guns.

What are they? I'll wait.

This is akin to saying "the pause in global warming means we'd be in another iceage by now, btw global warming is bad."
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-02-16 10:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is why this whole "we need to do something" mindset is just a reactionary logical fallacy. You have countless millions of people who are lacking either the knowledge or the mental capacity to comprehend the breadth of what it would take to fix the problem, so they hive mind onto the lowest common denominator that they can comprehend. So they attack cops, inanimate objects (flags, statues, etc.), things they can never change (2nd Amendment), local shop owners (?).... You know, whatever happens to be a convenient rage target.

Meanwhile, nothing gets done because the people with the capacity to think through these things get drowned out by the armchair anger bots who want just want to shout political talking points, and the media/politicians are all too happy to oblige the lunatics because ratings/elections mean more to them than actually solving the problems and thereby eliminating a potential source of viewers/voters.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-02-16 10:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

And this value is anathema to liberal progressive values. If the people can fight off a tyrannical government then they could resist the necessary "sacrifices" for a communist enlightened unified government of equality to exist.

This is the core philosophy behind leftism. People who to whatever degree identify with being left in whatever form, are identifying with this kind of ideology regardless if they do so consciously or are just swept up in a perceived popular group think.

In the particular episode that we call school shootings the philosophy is masked withing a call of "save the kids, take away the guns" and "If you don't want to take away the guns you must therefore want children to die". People who don't associate consciously with leftism's core of disarming the populace are pacified with an emotional hysteria of "save the children". That is why the democrat/media complex role in coverage is so vile and toxic. They aren't serving the public with their coverage, they are doing the bidding of their leftist philosophy by further driving the wedge.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2018-02-16 10:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Which is why this whole "we need to do something" mindset is just a reactionary logical fallacy. You have countless millions of people who are lacking either the knowledge or the mental capacity to comprehend the breadth of what it would take to fix the problem, so they hive mind onto the lowest common denominator that they can comprehend. So they attack cops, inanimate objects (flags, statues, etc.), things they can never change (2nd Amendment), local shop owners (?).... You know, whatever happens to be a convenient rage target.

Meanwhile, nothing gets done because the people with the capacity to think through these things get drowned out by the armchair anger bots who want just want to shout political talking points, and the media/politicians are all too happy to oblige the lunatics because ratings/elections mean more to them than actually solving the problems and thereby eliminating a potential source of viewers/voters.

Make no mistake, this is not simply a byproduct of capitalism, or what happens when a bunch of idiots run the news sector. This is a deliberate tactic used by political strategists to tear our culture apart for the sole purpose of gaining power over it.

Our values and culture are actively under assault with this ***.
By Nausi 2018-02-16 10:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Your graph looks nice and all but ... ~3.6 death per 100k is insanely high comparatively to other countries and I really doubt increasing the gun per person to 3 is going to change anything.

Here's a comparison with other countries, none of them have close to 1 gun per person.

1) What is the logic behind this statement? Why do you "really doubt it"?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-16 10:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Did we stop gun violence yet ?
By fonewear 2018-02-16 10:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

"

Your graph looks nice and all but ... ~3.6 death per 100k is insanely high comparatively to other countries and I really doubt increasing the gun per person to 3 is going to change anything.

Here's a comparison with other countries, none of them have close to 1 gun per person.

See the thing about that is no one gives a ***about your chart Donny.
By fonewear 2018-02-16 10:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I don’t see anything really supporting that... soft targets as you say don’t seem to have anything to do with it as with most school shootings they are perpetrated by kids that go to school there and they are either dead or locked up really quickly... it doesn’t seem like they are motivated by concerns for their own safety... if have to do a bit more research on that though as that conclusion comes mostly from news articles I have read...

Many gun free zones have nothing to do with leftist politics either as it applies to pretty much all government buildings, airports, train stations, etc. many of those buildings, though, have armed officers patrolling... like i stated before though gun free zones aren’t the only places targeted... many comes take place where others do have guns...

In any case I’m not against people owning guns in the US and quite frankly it’s unrealistic to even think they could or should all be removed from personal ownership... what I am for is people like yourself or like my father who have either trained or become comfortable with the use of one... some people have grown up with them... I had a buddy who’s dad had been taking out to hunt since he was about 5 so he’s used to them and properly knows how to use them and take care of em... the things that make me a little uncomfortable is people getting them that aren’t comfortable with em and that don’t seem to be capable of properly taking care of them... I look at it kind of like a car... it’s a tool but it’s a possibly dangerous one and where I grew up you needed to take a class a driving course take a written test a driving test and 40 hours of driving with supervision before you could get a license and I think it should be similar to get a fire arm license and just like drivers licenses different types for different types of guns... or you can get passes for instance if you were in the military or a police officer or something... Personally, I asked my dad to take me out to the range so I could get more comfortable with it if the time ever came up where I had to use one...

A lot of words to say absolutely nothing congrats !

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 48 49 50