Random Politics & Religion #32

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #32
Random Politics & Religion #32
First Page 2 3 4 ... 48 49 50
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2018-02-15 03:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
'Numerous fatalities', more than 20 injured in mass shooting at Florida high school; suspect in custody
USA Today - 5 minuets ago

We can expect another round of hearts and prayers and inaction.
If thoughts and prayers worked, this wouldn't have happened. At all. Inaction doesn't work. Action does. Going house to house confiscating does. Destroying every gun in private hands does.

Holy ***this is an awful idea.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-15 08:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

'Numerous fatalities', more than 20 injured in mass shooting at Florida high school; suspect in custody

And what do you want me to do about it ?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-15 08:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »

If thoughts and prayers worked, this wouldn't have happened. At all. Inaction doesn't work. Action does. Going house to house confiscating does. Destroying every gun in private hands does.

Holy ***this is an awful idea.

They are already doing that in California and New York. This isn't hyperbole, Police Officers in California have the list of registered gun owners from the states mandatory list and go door to door asking to search the home for firearms. They confiscate any they find, and you then have to file a court claim and go in front of a judge to have them returned. Due to the length of time involved, usually the police have already destroyed those confiscated firearms and zero compensation is given. If you want compensation you need to go back to court again and see another judge who hears your case and will then determine if the police owe you money. The total cost of all this is usually higher then the value of the firearms.

Funny thing though, they aren't doing this to celebrities or other wealthy connected liberals inside California, just regular people in regular neighborhoods.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-15 08:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

If people want to stop this ***from happening they need to stop the media frenzy around it.

People do this ***because they already have a death wish and want to be remembered or make some sort of impact. A silent lonely death with a mention of the obituaries is minuscule compared to national headlines and infamy. Sensationalizing things just makes people want to do them more.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-15 08:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping you would say we need to ban schools so they don't have a place to shoot up !
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-02-15 08:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There are tons of unemployed mentally sane veterans who have years of training in firearm management. Why not hire them as security guards? Why not a couple police officers or a armed resource officer?

Better yet address why this ***is happening instead of blaming an inanimate object. Why in my days of school which was 80's to 93, did we have rifle class in school. You brought your own gun for christ sakes. Never once did we have an issue. I cannot remember a school shooting during my whole time in school.

This is also why I ignore the liberal "gun free zones." I am trained in weapon management and a cc permit holder. Why is it these criminals always go for gun free zones? Could it be they know they are soft targets with knowledge of very little chance of retaliation. Why is it with schools with armed teachers does this not happen? Is this caused by liberal regulations and stigmas?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-15 09:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
If people want to stop this ***from happening they need to stop the media frenzy around it.

People do this ***because they already have a death wish and want to be remembered or make some sort of impact. A silent lonely death with a mention of the obituaries is minuscule compared to national headlines and infamy. Sensationalizing things just makes people want to do them more.

Thanks Sherlock, you somehow managed to solve the motives of every single mass shootings in a matter of seconds. Ignoring the problem is not a solution either sorry.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-02-15 09:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The only answer is intact families that care about their children and focus on education. anything sort of that is a bandaid on a hemorrhaging artery.

Where were this little *** parents? It's high time we start stringing them up by the balls for not getting this *** psycho on meds and into a therapist.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-02-15 09:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

short*

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-02-15 09:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

well there ya go.

life failed him twice, and there was no safety net.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-15 09:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame those damned video games dang nabbit those sum *** turn average joes into killing machines.
By fonewear 2018-02-15 09:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-02-15 09:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea if people tried to give him support somehow, but since he was an adult, I doubt he received much if any.

I think that responsibility fell on the church in the past, but with a country moving further and further from religion, maybe it's time to step up our game as it pertains to social welfare spending. open the state hospitals back up. there has to be a compromise somewhere. Like slore said this ***didn't really happen 20-30 years ago.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-15 09:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I have no idea if people tried to give him support somehow, but since he was an adult, I doubt he received much if any.

I think that responsibility fell on the church in the past, but with a country moving further and further from religion, maybe it's time to step up our game as it pertains to social welfare spending. open the state hospitals back up. there has to be a compromise somewhere. Like slore said this ***didn't really happen 20-30 years ago.

Here take these pills 2 times a day and call me in the morning...you are cured !
By fonewear 2018-02-15 09:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Where were this little *** parents? It's high time we start stringing them up by the balls for not getting this *** psycho on meds and into a therapist.

He's adopted, his adoptive father died of a heart attack when he was 9 or so and his adoptive mother died last year.

What I do when I'm feeling bad is I piss people off when I'm driving cures depression every time.
By fonewear 2018-02-15 09:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Take out your anger on strangers tell the guy at Starbucks to go *** himself and make me another coffee !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-15 09:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Already 4 school shootings in 2018..happy valentines day.
Actually 18.

And in hearts and prayers news...
Quote:
Republican politicians who received NRA money

Marco Rubio: 'Today is that terrible day you pray never comes' - $3,303,355 reportedly accepted from NRA

Cory Gardner: 'I am heartbroken for the students... in this horrible tragedy' - $3,879,064

Rob Portman: 'Heartbreaking news out of Florida. Jane and I send our prayers' - $3,061,941

Bill Cassidy: 'Praying for the students, teachers and first responders' - $2,861,047

Thom Tillis: 'Tragic news out of Florida. Please keep the victims… in your thoughts and prayers' - $4,418,012

Ken Buck: 'Praying today for the students and all those impacted' - $800,544
By fonewear 2018-02-15 09:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Already 4 school shootings in 2018..happy valentines day.
Actually 18.

And in hearts and prayers news...
Quote:
Republican politicians who received NRA money

Marco Rubio: 'Today is that terrible day you pray never comes' - $3,303,355 reportedly accepted from NRA

Cory Gardner: 'I am heartbroken for the students... in this horrible tragedy' - $3,879,064

Rob Portman: 'Heartbreaking news out of Florida. Jane and I send our prayers' - $3,061,941

Bill Cassidy: 'Praying for the students, teachers and first responders' - $2,861,047

Thom Tillis: 'Tragic news out of Florida. Please keep the victims… in your thoughts and prayers' - $4,418,012

Ken Buck: 'Praying today for the students and all those impacted' - $800,544

At least they are doing something. What the *** do you expect them to do fly to Florida weep softly ?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-15 09:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Post a Simpsons clip.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-15 09:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Post a Simpsons clip.

Can do !

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-02-15 09:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually 18.

no.

if you look into the '18' some are bb guns at passing buses, dudes committing suicide on school grounds when no one was there, ect.

that's just a scary number the leftist media has been pushing lately, vic's 4 is much more accurate, albeit still disgusting.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-15 09:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-15 10:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually 18.
no.

if you look into the '18' some are bb guns at passing buses, dudes committing suicide on school grounds when no one was there, ect.

that's just a scary number the leftist media has been pushing lately, vic's 4 is much more accurate, albeit still disgusting.
18 is firearms known to have been discharged on school grounds. Neither 4 nor 18 are truly accurate.

But isn't that an INTERESTING squirrel over there.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-02-15 11:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

But isn't that an INTERESTING squirrel over there.

well get me a verified hard count then, would you? or can we just agree that 1 is too many and we should expand state funded mental health services?

WHAT'S UP?

WHAT'S NEXT?!?!?
[+]
By Nausi 2018-02-15 12:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Vic on the other hand is roght there with his rabid knee jerk response.

Shootings would go down if shooters knew they would be going up against teachers with guns.

Even if we go with the assumption that you are right, this just opens up a much bigger can of worms. Its not like teachers can't do shootings and I believe it's very likely there will be many stories of teachers shooting unharmed students because they felt "threatened".
Sounds like we’re hitting two birds with one stone.

1) less school shootings
2) less class disruption from *** students.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-02-15 12:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Sigh... this will never happen and it won’t work... why you think it would baffles me...
She isnt thinking, she’s feeling.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-15 12:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Google did something they put up a black ribbon school shootings solved !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-15 15:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
There are tons of unemployed mentally sane veterans who have years of training in firearm management. Why not hire them as security guards? Why not a couple police officers or a armed resource officer?
Money.

School budgets don't allow them to pay teachers well. Or have reasonable class sizes. Not in your state, which is one of the better, nor in mine where funding education is in the state constitution. (We haven't been doing it though, looooong story.)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 48 49 50