New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Feb 2018 Ambuscade Vol 1
Feb 2018 Ambuscade Vol 1
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16
By Elazar1 2018-02-09 12:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
There is likely a mechanic that removes or powers down those moves, just like last months 99999 situation.

This is what OP SMN does to the entire game and why it's so bad, people will just throw AC SMN at it without even trying to figure out the mechanic. Why even bother going through a maze when you can just smash down the walls instead.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DungeonBypass

So every single person saying "using SMN isn't hurting anyone" is lying through their teeth.
and using windower is not breaking down the walls? Or 3rd party tools/luas/gearswap. Give me. A break.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 12:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
and using windower is not breaking down the walls? Or 3rd party tools/luas/gearswap. Give me. A break.

It is. That's the point.

We/they got complacent. Windower is -the standard- we moved the bar and affected EVERYONE by using it.

This -CANNOT- be allowed to happen with SMN (even though it already has)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-02-09 12:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

It is. That's the point.

So in your mind, what is a balanced piece of content? :O Honest question. I feel like if any one situation favors a specific setup, then we should all complain about balance.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 12:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »

It is. That's the point.

So in your mind, what is a balanced piece of content? :O Honest question. I feel like if any one situation favors a specific setup, then we should all complain about balance.

Look, if I were capable of making the content balanced myself, I'd be a game DEV.

In reality it is literally impossible to have perfect balance. You have to make it roughly equal with pros and cons.

"Burn parties" Be they BST BLU SMN RNG BLM have no cons.

The only logical answer I have is do not allow more than one job per party. This severely punishes BLMs. This only works if RDM is dramatically increased to just under BLM levels of magic damage.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-09 12:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

here's an interesting idea- in a world of real job balance, if one month favors a single job more than the others in ambuscade its not really an issue, so long as the next month it simply favors another.

I was completely ok with the month that favored NINs, nor months that require 1 slot MUST be XXX job to succeed on D/VD- that can be used to keep less-favored jobs useful, even if its a gimmick. Its only when the same job gets favored month after month not by battle design but by job imbalance that I get annoyed.

--------------

On topic- what do we have nailed down on the charge-up style of Miasma? Has halting damage from the message to the usage been tried?
[+]
By Elazar1 2018-02-09 12:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

People will *** to *** all there is to it, was bst, blu, geo now smns what’s next whm having a yagrush or mnk can 1 shot with a 99k chi blast. Heard gimp smn since I came back to the game and that’s been almost a year and they have not, they leveled the playing field.
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-02-09 12:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this was a ambuscade discussion not a Q.Q circle about please gimp summoner....
[+]
 Leviathan.Choisya
user: Choisya
By Leviathan.Choisya 2018-02-09 12:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as the favourite job of the ppl complaining isn't nerfed, they will keep complaining about other jobs. Pretty pathetic really.
[+]
 Shiva.Afliction
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-02-09 12:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Choisya said: »
As long as the favourite job of the ppl complaining isn't nerfed, they will keep complaining about other jobs. Pretty pathetic really.
Right? a bunch of cry babies, gear the job and use it or stfu, SE probably wont gimp it so either quit or get used to it!
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-09 12:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

People will *** to *** all there is to it, was bst, blu, geo now smns what’s next whm having a yagrush or mnk can 1 shot with a 99k chi blast. Heard gimp smn since I came back to the game and that’s been almost a year and they have not, they leveled the playing field.

It isn't bitching and complaining for the sake of hating. We paid money for this game and SE got paid to do game design adjustments. It's their job, if they are not doing anything about game design issues then they're getting paid for not doing anything.

Doing game design adjustments from community feedback is common in any game, especially online games. That includes WoW, LoL, Blizzard games, and everything. It has been that way since forever.

We are just doing what an online game community should be doing: Provide feedbacks about game design and asking the the game developers to do their job. There's absolutely nothing pathetic about it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Choisya
user: Choisya
By Leviathan.Choisya 2018-02-09 12:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh i didn't realise that Ambuscade forums are for giving SE feedback. Go to SE forums and *** there !!
[+]
 Shiva.Afliction
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-02-09 12:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh i didn't realise that Ambuscade forums are for giving SE feedback. Go to SE forums and *** there !!
+1 for accuracy!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-09 12:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There is likely a mechanic that removes or powers down those moves, just like last months 99999 situation.

This is what OP SMN does to the entire game and why it's so bad, people will just throw AC SMN at it without even trying to figure out the mechanic. Why even bother going through a maze when you can just smash down the walls instead.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DungeonBypass

So every single person saying "using SMN isn't hurting anyone" is lying through their teeth.

I wasn't aware that using Windower let you kill the hardest content in under 60s. Please tell us how we can get this magical Windower that lets us kill everything in 60s.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2018-02-09 12:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So go all out for miasma ,
Hold DMG for boil over ,
Rinse repeat until dead? ...
Can you sleep the add/boss and does horn break?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-09 12:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, if I were capable of making the content balanced myself, I'd be a game DEV.

I don't think this is the criteria by which the Dev team is vetted...
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-02-09 12:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how i'm being called out in this thread like i'm the sole reason why smn is terrible in this dead terrible game.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-09 12:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's literally a bannable offense over there to criticize the game, company, and/or employees.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-09 13:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
I love how i'm being called out in this thread like i'm the sole reason why smn is terrible in this dead terrible game.

Thanks Ofrodma.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-02-09 13:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
We found him guys!
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-02-09 13:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a permanent post on the front page called "Fix MNK, Nerf SMN" (with pretty rainbow colours), just so anyone who argues about this crap in a topic which has nothing to do with it .. can go there and vent. Just stop it already. I came here looking to see how people are doing with the new Ambuscade, but I have to wade through all the crap to find anything related to the topic.

Has anyone figured out a working strat yet? And yes, I don't care if it does, or doesn't require summoners .. I just want to know so I can get my group together for some fun tonight.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-09 13:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't aware that using Windower let you kill the hardest content in under 60s. Please tell us how we can get this magical Windower that lets us kill everything in 60s.

The irony is this might be the only strategy that doesn't require Windower at all. There aren't any equip swaps, correct?

That said, to say Windower doesn't make almost all content less difficult is being disingenuous. Even excluding mere QoL features and the more extreme cheat features, all of the stuff in the middle like having different sets for different TP/ Haste/ Flurry/ Times of Game Day/ Weather Effects/ Whatever amounts is only possible thanks to Windower.
Heck, I find Fillmode to be super helpful in finding Aurix quickly. I'm not sure where that falls in the spectrum.

I agree with this:

It is. That's the point.

We/they got complacent. Windower is -the standard- we moved the bar and affected EVERYONE by using it.
By fillerbunny9 2018-02-09 13:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
We need a permanent post on the front page called "Fix MNK, Nerf SMN" (with pretty rainbow colours), just so anyone who argues about this crap in a topic which has nothing to do with it .. can go there and vent. Just stop it already. I came here looking to see how people are doing with the new Ambuscade, but I have to wade through all the crap to find anything related to the topic.

Has anyone figured out a working strat yet? And yes, I don't care if it does, or doesn't require summoners .. I just want to know so I can get my group together for some fun tonight.

nah man, gotta pretend this is the OF and that SE is going to do something about it if they just bring it up one more time here!
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-09 13:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
all of the stuff in the middle like having different sets for different TP/ Haste/ Flurry/ Times of Game Day/ Weather Effects/ Whatever amounts is only possible thanks to Windower.
Not true; windower makes it a lot easier, but this can all still be done with the basic game manually.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 13:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
all of the stuff in the middle like having different sets for different TP/ Haste/ Flurry/ Times of Game Day/ Weather Effects/ Whatever amounts is only possible thanks to Windower.
Not true; windower makes it a lot easier, but this can all still be done with the basic game manually.

Not realistically. If you're playing straight vanilla, you cannot tell when its day time, night time. Because the battle menu covers the clock.

Same with weather. You won't know when its there and when its not mid battle.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-02-09 13:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
So go all out for miasma ,
Hold DMG for boil over ,
Rinse repeat until dead? ...
Can you sleep the add/boss and does horn break?

unless you can stop the miasma move which will KO anyone in range, then no. iv tried dark/light shot on boss and they miss everytime, haven't tried to sleep the pony
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-02-09 13:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Does Scholar Magic burst method work?

This is gonna get lost in the middle of this 'discussion', but yes, magic damage seems to work on the Dullahan, provided you have a source of white magic dispel to remove the Dulluhan's Mdef boosts. GEO debuff bubbles also work as normal, it seems.

The Unicorn is pretty magic resistant, tho.

SCH Fusion > Trueflight might be a good option this month.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-09 13:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

definitely not, you must not have played in the old days

As far as SMN being overpowered, we all know it, most of us use it, and most of us are bored of it. It doesn't need to be said any more, it's the new login campaign and SE must know it by now. Play SMN, get free wins. Functioning as intended.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-09 13:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Not realistically. If you're playing straight vanilla, you cannot tell when its day time, night time. Because the battle menu covers the clock.

Same with weather. You won't know when its there and when its not mid battle.
Highlighting the menu lets you see the weather/time even in combat.
 Shiva.Afliction
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-02-09 13:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

can we get back to the original topic yet or continue to complain about smn being toooo OP?

Has anyone beat ambu yet on VD w/ or w/o smns?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-02-09 13:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Afliction said: »
can we get back to the original topic yet or continue to complain about smn being toooo OP?

Has anyone beat ambu yet on VD w/ or w/o smns?

I fear they won't. People come here looking for useful information, not to read through other's arguments. I have yet to try this months, but I'll give it a go tonight if there's enough on. For now it's going to keep on like this ..

First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16