New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Feb 2018 Ambuscade Vol 1
Feb 2018 Ambuscade Vol 1
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16
By Afania 2018-02-09 10:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Funny how empty ambuscade becomes when no smn strat is allowed... People have gotten so used to 'not doing work' that when there is "work" inovolved, it's out of sight, out of mind. Lazy Fcks.

It's their loss, lol. More "work" usually means more gain despite ffxi is a video game it's still true....most of the time.

I would never bother with building a crit set and crit +10 ambu back on cor if last months ambuscade didnt exist. But I did it for last months ambu, and now I have gears that can be used for my amnesia up TP set even after it's over. Nvm all the gil from doing them.

I get very rusty if I don't play my jobs for more than 2 weeks and the diversity of ambu keep me engaged and think my *** out on developing new playstyles. I can't imagine how my ffxi life would be if I just sit in town and pretend ambu doesn't exist, it would be stagnant.
 Asura.Seriweri
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2018-02-09 10:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

this is 1 second before he blew up, on N. shortly after the rage boils message, mewing did 181 damage.

anyone tried cure/debuffbombing him yet?
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-02-09 10:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

o_O How did mewing do damage? Doesn't it only put to sleep/reduce TP to 0? I'm confused. Bugged?
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2018-02-09 11:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I rather suspect some "gotta soothe him down to manageable damage" mechanic
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-09 11:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Don't have to remind me to respect the Tramp.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-09 11:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So far all I'm hearing is it's a pet(smn) only month

For people with no skill and no patience, it'll always be a pet(smn) only month.

And if it's not possible, then they just /sit all month and pretend there is no Ambuscade. Looking at you Frod.

The bad part is we are now seeing the results of SE not fixing SMN sooner rather then later, people who rode the SMN AC train are now used to capping out all their Ambu points in a day or two and view any other progress as too slow.

Agreed Saevel. Last month was practically NO SMN ALLOWED, and many of those same players didn't even bother to do it. When I formed groups, I got tells from people who asked what my strategy was. When I told them the average fight took 10-14 minutes, they went missing.

Funny how empty ambuscade becomes when no smn strat is allowed... People have gotten so used to 'not doing work' that when there is "work" inovolved, it's out of sight, out of mind. Lazy Fcks.

I used smn for it last month with no issues. Wasn't conduit burn but still as a dd and it worked fine.

If you say "I used SMN" and then "It wasn't conduit burn" in the same sentence, you weren't using SMN in the current meta sense. You were just using another dps. apples and oranges.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-02-09 11:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SMNs on roids right now. There’s no justification, just needs to be fixed. It’s just gone on so long that it’s starting to kill the game
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 11:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to bust out the hotshot strats.

Dullahan weak to fire, and ranged is the safe method. Tank kite.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-09 11:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is better, hot shot or wildfire?
By eliroo 2018-02-09 11:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Scholar Magic burst method work?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-09 11:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is better, hot shot or wildfire?

Well Hot Shot will scale with TP, whereas Wildfire doesn't. Both are inredibly low on enmity (with Hot Shot being almost negligible if we're picking hairs). Damage cap on Hot Shot "should" be higher than Wildfire.
By SimonSes 2018-02-09 11:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
SMNs on roids right now. There’s no justification, just needs to be fixed. It’s just gone on so long that it’s starting to kill the game

Isn't SE counter SMN burn lately by adding mechanics that prevent it? At least for Ambuscade. Also isn't SMN burn the only issue with SMN? I don't think SMN is OP outside of AC?
By Elazar1 2018-02-09 11:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how most people whine about smns, most of the people wouldn’t have an aeonic without one, and I’m sure most of you bitching are the ones yelling in town for a smn for your party. Either don’t use a smn or do. Is it affecting you? I’d say no.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-09 11:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Isn't SE counter SMN burn lately by adding mechanics that prevent it? At least for Ambuscade. Also isn't SMN burn the only issue with SMN? I don't think SMN is OP outside of AC?

The VAST majority of players could give a rip if SMN is effective 4 out of 5 months of Ambuscade, its the ability to blast the current "hardest" content (read: HELM) in under 1 minute per fight with little to zero chance of failure. Yes, Master Trials is certainly more challenging and is "SMN-proof", but we're talking shinies here, like we always are.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 11:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
Funny how most people whine about smns, most of the people wouldn’t have an aeonic without one, and I’m sure most of you bitching are the ones yelling in town for a smn for your party. Either don’t use a smn or do. Is it affecting you? I’d say no.

I -really- get tired of the complete lack of understanding people have.

Everything, everyone does. DOES affect you. Whether you understand why, or not.

You do not play in a vacuum.

You can only chose HOW MUCH it bothers you, that it affects you.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-02-09 11:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think "fixing" SMN could easily make that job useless (EDIT: in meta). They would need to fix only AC and probably invent some completely new 1h because depending on how much would you tweak AC, it would still be OP or it would become useless.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-02-09 11:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

is the thread going to shift into whining about SE not fixing MNK yet? or do we want to stay on whining about SE and other players using smn for awhile more?

Or does anyone have new observations/input about the mechanics of the fight?
[+]
By geigei 2018-02-09 11:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you cut "fix mnk" and "nerf smn" from posts nothing else remains.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-09 11:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but how it affects everyone can be widely contested. This is so politicized now.

For example, we might be affected because, as a result, more people have Aeonics. This has been argued to be a positive (More people have adequate weaponry and access to a better way of life) and a negative (Those lazy Aeoniceamers received their items too easy and don't know how to use them properly).
More people are clearing Ambuscade more easily. As a result the flood of items has lowered the prices and sellers are making less money--it isn't fair! Or, the flood of items has lowered the prices and now AG REMs are more accessible to everyone--welcome to the global economy (especially due to server transfers).

The problem with either perspective is that neither has results supported by research. It is a statement of fact followed by an opinion. But that doesn't make the conclusion a truth.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 11:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

#BuffDRG

(back on topic prz u_u)
By Elazar1 2018-02-09 12:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »

I -really- get tired of the complete lack of understanding people have.

Everything, everyone does. DOES affect you. Whether you understand why, or not.

You do not play in a vacuum.

You can only chose HOW MUCH it bothers you, that it affects you.
So tell me how does someone playing smn affect you? Butt hurt because people can’t merc herc/Val bodies for 20mil. And so what market prices come down ***was to expensive anywayz. And most smns out there who are worth a crap have easily put 300mil into that job if not more yet they are lazy. Kinda funny tbh.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 12:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cherrywine already posted an almost accurate statement of how.

Everytime the lower tier players obtain something they shouldnt have the bar for the minimum is lifted. Leaving some players behind. They were affected by people they have never met.

Everytime someone at the top gets something new they move the top bar up too. Leaving players behind. again affected by someone theyve never seen.

The economy moves -everything- you're in the economy. you're affected by people you've never even seen.

This is not opinion, this is absolute fact.

You can chose to not care. This does not mean you were not affected by it, only that you don't care that it happened.
By eliroo 2018-02-09 12:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

>Come here for Ambuscade strategies
> Get typicaly SMN Argument.

Does this ever get old for you guys?
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-02-09 12:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
won an Easy with cor smn smn smn pup pup, pups take turns alternating tanking roles when miasma or Boil move 1shots all the pets. however the fight took 19min which is pretty ***tbh
Haven't tried yet but might be possible for autos to survive. Like I could get mine to survive frog easy when it was doing 20-40k to my mains.

Still that fight length is crazy for easy

It helps to have good Smn, got it down to a 9min fight, Full pdt- auto can withstand Boil move, but miasma is a KO
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-02-09 12:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN invented slavery and worships the devil. Also, I'm pretty sure SMN is behind all these school shootings and the rise in the wealth gap. It's not automobiles, SMN is releasing pollution into the air and blaming cars. SMN has secretly been behind all the major wars and even the regional ones throughout history and now SMN is trying to ruin ffxi.

WHY WON'T THE LAMESTREAM MEDIA SAY SOMETHING?!?!?

Seriously, you guys are just embarrassing yourselves.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dpdhuntress 2018-02-09 12:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

But if this was Pro Blue Mage nobody would complain - but since its not - hate SMNS

Typical
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-09 12:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
SMN invented slavery and worships the devil. Also, I'm pretty sure SMN is behind all these school shootings and the rise in the wealth gap. It's not automobiles, SMN is releasing pollution into the air and blaming cars. SMN has secretly been behind all the major wars and even the regional ones throughout history and now SMN is trying to ruin ffxi.

WHY WON'T THE LAMESTREAM MEDIA SAY SOMETHING?!?!?

Seriously, you guys are just embarrassing yourselves.

You forgot that Carbuncle is directly responsible for ADHD and Gluten Allergies in our children.

OUR CHILDREN!!!

(I'd get back on topic but its JUST TOO MUCH FUN.)
[+]
By Elazar1 2018-02-09 12:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cherrywine already posted an almost accurate statement of how.

Everytime the lower tier players obtain something they shouldnt have the bar for the minimum is lifted. Leaving some players behind. They were affected by people they have never met.

Everytime someone at the top gets something new they move the top bar up too. Leaving players behind. again affected by someone theyve never seen.

The economy moves -everything- you're in the economy. you're affected by people you've never even seen.

This is not opinion, this is absolute fact.

You can chose to not care. This does not mean you were not affected by it, only that you don't care that it happened.
and this is different how? people have always sucked and got things they don’t know how to use. Ok going back on subject now back to ambu lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-09 12:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There is likely a mechanic that removes or powers down those moves, just like last months 99999 situation.

This is what OP SMN does to the entire game and why it's so bad, people will just throw AC SMN at it without even trying to figure out the mechanic. Why even bother going through a maze when you can just smash down the walls instead.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DungeonBypass

So every single person saying "using SMN isn't hurting anyone" is lying through their teeth.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 12:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dpdhuntress said: »
But if this was Pro Blue Mage nobody would complain - but since its not - hate SMNS

Typical

I would absolutely still complain if it were pro blu. If it ends up immanence 3 blm nukes, I'll still complain.

I understand the impact of /actual/ imbalance. It's not complaining for the sake of complaining.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16