Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 409 410 411
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-31 14:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Javhec said: »
We need to combine all REMA into one weapon, and artifact, relic, empyrean into one set, it's taking too much inventory space. only have these quest available in assura. #mergeremasnow, #remaorgtfo, #asuraremaonry, #remaforEambuscade, #nirvanasmnonry, #idrisgeoonry

New Records of Emminence: Captain Planeteer! (WPN)

Description: By All Our Powers Combined!
Acquire 100,000 Riftbourn Boulders, Beitetsu, and Plutons, 5000 Umbral Marrows, 100 Beastmen Medals, 100 Kindred Medals, 5,000 High-Purity Bayld, 5,000 Riftdross, 5,000 Riftcinder, 10,000 Heavy Metal Plates.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-31 14:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think Ambu+3 will eventually come but I'd say it's too early.
They still have to full exploit the 5th augment slot to keep people interested in Ambuscade.
Once that sort of interest will start to dwindle, they will try to refresh it by adding something "new" to Ambuscade, and that new could be +3 armor, or +1 rings. Too early now though, imho.

Ambuscade will always be relevant for as long as it produces better gil/hour from spending points on sellable currencies than you could get farming the actual content those currencies come from. It truly doesn't matter if they add any more armor or augments. I can't see Ambu having a massive drop off in interest from the current level just due to the REM currency market, nor can I see incremental improvements to armor/augments causing a massive increase in interest over the current level.

Plus, figuring out monthly Ambuscade mechanics helps things stay somewhat fresh and less susceptible to players bouncing off because of boredom with the event. On some level, it's kinda fun even for the most hardcore players just to figure out how to optimize their strats for each new monthly challenge (at least for the first week or so every month).
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-31 15:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

On that second note, SE has stated we're no longer going to be getting new V1 battles, and will just be getting various recycles from now on (supposedly to give their team more time to make new content).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-31 15:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Their idea of "new content" is a Smilodon mount.

(but no seriously they do have to add something for empyrean+3)

and being that I thoroughly enjoy abyssea and vw (when they were actual content), they'll make empyrean+3 come from Infailsion V2 instead. (which you will need maximum KI status to enter, but not continue from)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-31 16:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that both AF+3 and Relic+3 were released in the Fall, a year apart, I'd say its a safe bet that empy+3 will also be released this fall. Don't get your hopes up for anything this summer in terms of new content...they're still used to us all being college-aged or younger and having summers off for insane gaming time, not the adult iterations of us that take family vacations and still work in the summer ;)
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-31 16:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

June update announcements are up. Very small update for June. Something excluded from EN version that's in the JP version is that the reason June's update is small is that there is something big coming in July.

My guess is that they will finally be adding the Divergence weapons and adding REMA augments after teasing it for several months.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-31 16:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Considering that both AF+3 and Relic+3 were released in the Fall, a year apart, I'd say its a safe bet that empy+3 will also be released this fall. Don't get your hopes up for anything this summer in terms of new content...they're still used to us all being college-aged or younger and having summers off for insane gaming time, not the adult iterations of us that take family vacations and still work in the summer ;)

You are probably right. This devteam's been using the same yearly schedule for stuff like that since they took over. We should probably expect the promised new content in November, and be pleasantly surprised if it drops before then.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-31 16:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
adding REMA augments after teasing it for several months

source? I don't recall the rema augment notes. Can you link or PM me plz so I can read up?
By Nyarlko 2018-05-31 16:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

source? I don't recall the rema augment notes. Can you link or PM me plz so I can read up?

Can't read it. Can listen to it. It was in FP39. Might be able to read it actually.. don't actually remember if it was directly covered in either of the FP39 summaries tho.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-05-31 17:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't read it. Can listen to it. It was in FP39. Might be able to read it actually.. don't actually remember if it was directly covered in either of the FP39 summaries tho.
no can read
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-31 17:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Ambuscade will always be relevant for as long as it produces better gil/hour from spending points on sellable currencies than you could get farming the actual content those currencies come from.
It's two separate things.
Let's say we can divide the Ambuscade public in two.
first: people who do Ambuscade to farm money or stuff for their RMEAs
second: people who do Ambuscade to get the monthly rewards (capes, armours, etc).

While I think the first group is obviously larger, I think the second is not small enough that you can ignore it.
Clearly SE has been using the second group as a standard to release their stuff.
So far (2 years?) they've been releasing stuff on ambuscade for people to grind every month.
After the grind started to get lighter (i.e. second group stopped or was about to stop having interest in Ambuscade) they'd release something new.
First set of armor, second set of armor. +2 for first, +2 for second.
4th augment on the way through, and as of late the 5th augment.

Soon the second group will be in that sweet position again, and SE will have to add something else to keep the interest up.
Whether they're right or wrong, this has clearly been their modus operandi so far.

Which is exactely why I said that soon they're gonna add "something" to Ambuscade. What will it be? Who knows. HQ version of rings? +3 armor? Whatever it will be though, it's too early now, imho. the 5th augment slot will still gather people's interest for a bit longer.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-31 17:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

wish they'd up the caps of currencies available in ambuscade since they've increased the points per run. Considering how one average dreamlands dynamis can yield 600 pieces of currency, I really don't see why we're capped at 2 of each 100 piece each month. With the new point totals, 5 of each seems a lot more on par, and could scale other currency rewards to match that ratio if you so desire. I think the amount of alex there is ok, but relic currency and metal plates...I'd wager every server could use more of those.

If they're so concerned about old content dying in lieu of all ambu, all the time, how bout reorganizing the rewards groupings to give us more choice. Translation: You want 6 100 bynes from hallmarks, so the game allows it under general category "Currency: Relic" which allows 6 100 piece trade ins. Instead of 2 100 bynes, 2 jades, 2 montionts. Same for cinder/dross- make it "Currency: Empyrean". Get 6 of one if you're building an empy right then instead of 3 each. Or get zero cinders/dross, and have the option to get 25 extra plates per one of those. Just more options is what that would be about. And reorganizing the rewards into categories that can be drawn from is already done with armor vouchers.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-31 18:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

no can read
can read in Japanese
From the Ambuscade section:
GTrans said:
"Dynamis ~ Divergence ~" thinks adding weapons that are located at the highest level at the present time, and we are
also considering further strengthening weapons such as relics / mythic / empyrean weapons.
Cleaned for spelling
By clearlyamule 2018-05-31 22:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I missed it. Never thought to check the ambuscade section because why when they even have a weapon section. From the English

fp said:
We are considering adding weapons to Dynamis-Divergence that are as powerful as the strongest weapons currently available, as well as further upgrading Relic/Mythic/Empyrean weapons.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-01 01:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

but relic currency and metal plates...I'd wager every server could use more of those.
Considering on Asura a stack of Heavy Metals jumped from ~15 mils to less than 5 mils in a few months, I'm not sure there's this struggling necessity for more HMPs on the server.
If anything I think demand is going to go further down, slowly across the upcoming months, until it stabilizes.
(if it hasn't done so already, tbf?)
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-01 04:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

"IF" and it is a big "IF" this statement by SE was carried away:

GTrans said:
"Dynamis ~ Divergence ~" thinks adding weapons that are located at the highest level at the present time, and we are
also considering further strengthening weapons such as relics / mythic / empyrean weapons.

Based on your knowledge of the game so far, how would this be?

Personally I think that there is a trend with SE to make upgrades in a group of 3 so I would assume this:

Empyrean Weapons:

1-Increase Base Damage.
2-Attributes Upgrades (even Swaps?), but I don't see this a prevalent "upgrade" in current meta so maybe add 20 DA?
3-Change AM Proc Rates or make it proc on WS's or make it deal Quad DMG.

Relic Weapons:

1-Increase Base Damage.
2-Change hidden procs to triple and quad instead of double, triple.
3-Increase AM parameters by 10%

Mythic Weapons:

1-Increase Base Damage.
2-Increase associated WS DMG to 50% or add STP 20.
3-Change AM procs to OA to 3,4 times.

As for upgrade process, it will be done separately and/or combined mats for each category across REM and each category can be done separately with its own progression.

-First category would require Escutcheons mats.
-Second category would require respective "weapon" currency (Alex, HMP, Dyna).
-Third category would require its respective stones (boulders, beits, plutons) but 50k instead of 10k.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-06-01 05:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

wish they'd up the caps of currencies available in ambuscade since they've increased the points per run. Considering how one average dreamlands dynamis can yield 600 pieces of currency, I really don't see why we're capped at 2 of each 100 piece each month. With the new point totals, 5 of each seems a lot more on par, and could scale other currency rewards to match that ratio if you so desire. I think the amount of alex there is ok, but relic currency and metal plates...I'd wager every server could use more of those.

If they're so concerned about old content dying in lieu of all ambu, all the time, how bout reorganizing the rewards groupings to give us more choice. Translation: You want 6 100 bynes from hallmarks, so the game allows it under general category "Currency: Relic" which allows 6 100 piece trade ins. Instead of 2 100 bynes, 2 jades, 2 montionts. Same for cinder/dross- make it "Currency: Empyrean". Get 6 of one if you're building an empy right then instead of 3 each. Or get zero cinders/dross, and have the option to get 25 extra plates per one of those. Just more options is what that would be about. And reorganizing the rewards into categories that can be drawn from is already done with armor vouchers.
Remove caps of currency purchases, increase cost as you buy more and more.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2018-06-01 06:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

We need to combine all REMA into one weapon, and artifact, relic, empyrean into one set, it's taking too much inventory space. only have these quest available in assura. #mergeremasnow, #remaorgtfo, #asuraremaonry, #remaforEambuscade, #nirvanasmnonry, #idrisgeoonry

Acquire 100,000 Riftbourn Boulders, Beitetsu, and Plutons, 5000 Umbral Marrows, 100 Beastmen Medals, 100 Kindred Medals, 5,000 High-Purity Bayld, 5,000 Riftdross, 5,000 Riftcinder, 10,000 Heavy Metal Plates.

missing Steam Clock
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-01 06:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
further strengthening weapons such as relics / mythic / empyrean weapons.
Increase Base Damage.

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
require Escutcheons mats.

Cleaned up/Corrected
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2018-06-01 06:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The real problem is what are we needing upgraded REMAs to fight, the game is faceroll as is.............
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By ashstar 2018-06-01 06:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No man *** you! this is exactly opposite of what is needed!!! People will use one paycheck to buy and *** with the whole availability of the items to get it in one day.

Good fights one of each job. #nomoreburns, #dothefightmechanics, #asuraonry
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-06-01 08:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Umopepisdn said: »
The real problem is what are we needing upgraded REMAs to fight, the game is faceroll as is.............
They're working on harder master trials and similar content.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-06-01 09:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Strengthening RME doeant always mean much stronger weapons. Some RME weapons are just not good anymore. Sucks for people who invested in hundreds of dyna or salvage runs to get them.

If there is a new weapon group it also makes sense to rebalance each weapon.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-01 09:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If the enhancement to RMEA allows dispensable shurikens from the Katanas, set up the account right now for you to take my money, SE.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-06-01 11:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like upgrading REM would mainly be to intentionally bump Aeonic down a notch. Indirectly, this is a "SMN nerf" without actually hurting the job itself, since SMN burning difficult Aeonic NMs is the most glaring current game balance issue. By making the resulting weapons a notch below REM and a bit less desireable, that somewhat tempers the "harm" that SMN can do to overall game balance. They always did seem to have some hints of a lesser regard for Aeonics - no need to go through an upgrade process, no afterglow, etc...

As for RME (AFTERGLOW... PLUS!): One BIG change would be simply updating Mythic AM3. OA2-3x just doesn't have anywhere near the same value these days when we have multiattack everywhere, so a change could really bring some Mythics back into the spotlight. Not that I necessarily think they'd do it, but allowing Mythic & Empy AM3 to overwrite itself without having to wait for it to wear (like Relic AM) would also be a big deal.

If the enhancement to RMEA allows dispensable shurikens from the Katanas, set up the account right now for you to take my money, SE.

Unfortunately, I'd be shocked if they did that based on the previous official forum responses.

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Strengthening RME doeant always mean much stronger weapons. Some RME weapons are just not good anymore. Sucks for people who invested in hundreds of dyna or salvage runs to get them.

There's some precedent for this kind of adjustment too, when they did Relic 119 and added better Aftermaths to some of the weapons to make them more competitive. Spharai getting KA+15 instead of just Subtle Blow, Kikoku getting Atk+10%, Gungnir getting Atk+5%/DA+5/5, etc.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-06-01 11:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Kam'lanaut's sword doesn't play well with being lockstyled offhand lol

Derp
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-01 11:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I really dont trust se to make anything groundbreaking... last couple updates are proof they are out of touch

Adding more weapons and updating rem is nice but what we need is better content and job adjustments
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-01 11:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They just need to release Time Mage and call it a day.
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 409 410 411