Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-16 09:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to hear you're on a server that only allows RMEA participants in existing Aeonic groups. Two solutions- make your own group that will very likely succeed with dunna GEOs, or come to a server where play quality is more important than shinies.
By DirectX 2018-05-16 10:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't play remotely enough or at any kind of consistent time to join or make any groups. There are sufficient shouts to get ***done if you have Nirvana or Idris though.

I do have 1 per char atm but I could play a lot for that month.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-05-16 10:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I'm good w/ 2 of your 3 points. However, reducing the ergon "grind" from 6 months to 3 really only benefits multiboxers planning on building an idris mule. There's PLENTY for a returnee wanting to level GEO to do in that six months besides sitting on the bench between imprimatur reload time. In particular a new GEO without unlimited funds.

I don't disagree that a new GEO (or RUN) would probably be busy enough as it is. Though, there are those of us who neglected to keep at imprimaturs when actively playing, so a shorter grind would be nice even for less-new accounts.
There are also plenty of people who'd really just want to get Ygnas and +1 their ring.

While it might have served a purpose when originally implemented, the time gating on coalitions really seems like something that could have been eased with RoV. Basically all the others related to REMs were, and I think that served to keep things interesting for a lot of players.

Either way, it's probably more a matter of whether or not it's objectively good or necessary than personal preference.
By DirectX 2018-05-16 11:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can do Relic mythic and aeonic in a week or less each then it's hard to justify 6 months plus for ergon.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-16 11:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Idris is an absurd potency buff for GEO, having it behind a 6 month time gate is basically saying you can't play GEO unless you've already finished that gate or your group has no Idrises.

I don't know about just cheapening the time gate rhapsody style, because the content gate is very light on it. However, a way to acquire more imprimiturs so it could be completed in a similar timeframe to a mythic would be appropriate. I would like something along the lines of additional imprimiturs being rewarded for completing adoulin content.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-16 11:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If they handed out a free daily RMEA during the Adventurer Gratitude Campaign, people would still complain about how they would have to wait a full 23:59 to get the next one.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-16 12:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Sorry to hear you're on a server that only allows RMEA participants in existing Aeonic groups. Two solutions- make your own group that will very likely succeed with dunna GEOs, or come to a server where play quality is more important than shinies.

We've been known to randomly bring people along for Aeonics.

During our last round we had space so one of our people shouted that we're giving away a free one and we ended up getting a returnee BRD. Dude ended up pretty awesome and has since become a permanent member of our group.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-16 12:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an aside to the the dev note speculation that it's referring to FFXI Mobile...

I recently got an email ad from SE for a mobile "game".. fuzzily remember it being called something like GO "Great Outdoors"... and it's a mobile tie-in to FFXIV:ARR that brings the excitement of gathering to your phone in the style of Pokemon GO! ... >_>;; Yes, you too can run around a graphically toned down version of XIV and HELM away. lol No idea if it's tied to actual XIV accounts, or if your results are mailed to you or anything.

... Maybe they're planning on doing something similar for FFXI? lol
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40