Dev Tracker - Discussion

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
105 users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83
 Quetzalcoatl.Shadowrun
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: SkyFrog
Posts: 6
By Quetzalcoatl.Shadowrun 2017-11-08 16:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
If they are staggering out zones, it will be by slot similar to old dynamis.

So Legs or feet seems most likely this month.

Taking into consideration that Dynamis-San d'Oria drops Forgotten Touches which are used to upgrade hands, I'm sort of expecting the upcoming zone, Dynamis-Divergence-San d'Oria?, will also be for relic hands upgrades.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1042
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-08 16:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Shadowrun said: »
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
If they are staggering out zones, it will be by slot similar to old dynamis.

So Legs or feet seems most likely this month.

Taking into consideration that Dynamis-San d'Oria drops Forgotten Touches which are used to upgrade hands, I'm sort of expecting the upcoming zone, Dynamis-Divergence-San d'Oria?, will also be for relic hands upgrades.

Basing around the Forgotten items of the zones makes much more sense to me, considering the weirdness that was Dynamis armor distribution; with every drop available in Bastok you could get one each of a Head, Body, Hands, Legs, and Feet slot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
Posts: 411
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-11-08 16:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Shadowrun said: »
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
If they are staggering out zones, it will be by slot similar to old dynamis.

So Legs or feet seems most likely this month.

Taking into consideration that Dynamis-San d'Oria drops Forgotten Touches which are used to upgrade hands, I'm sort of expecting the upcoming zone, Dynamis-Divergence-San d'Oria?, will also be for relic hands upgrades.

fillerbunny9 said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Shadowrun said: »
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
If they are staggering out zones, it will be by slot similar to old dynamis.

So Legs or feet seems most likely this month.

Taking into consideration that Dynamis-San d'Oria drops Forgotten Touches which are used to upgrade hands, I'm sort of expecting the upcoming zone, Dynamis-Divergence-San d'Oria?, will also be for relic hands upgrades.

Basing around the Forgotten items of the zones makes much more sense to me, considering the weirdness that was Dynamis armor distribution; with every drop available in Bastok you could get one each of a Head, Body, Hands, Legs, and Feet slot.

Good points.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Inxmonk
Posts: 304
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-08 17:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Using the way Omen works for AF, I'd be surprised if Relic didn't offer a 2-tier model for upgrading. Which gives them ample opportunity to layer in new per-slot upgrades in other zones.

Also given that the dat mine only showed 4 new Dynamis zones, it seems unlikely that each area would support just a single gear slot.

The main thing to consider is how SE will handle the prospect of area congestion until all zones are available to spread the load.
Offline
Posts: 1042
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-08 17:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Using the way Omen works for AF, I'd be surprised if Relic didn't offer a 2-tier model for upgrading. Which gives them ample opportunity to layer in new per-slot upgrades in other zones.

Also given that the dat mine only showed 4 new Dynamis zones, it seems unlikely that each area would support just a single gear slot.

The main thing to consider is how SE will handle the prospect of area congestion until all zones are available to spread the load.

I am betting new KI similar to Mystical Canteens where they will limit us to one held and one on the entrance NPC, with eventual upgrades as congestion dies down like we see with Omen.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 30243
By fonewear 2017-11-08 17:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm willing to bet it will be like Omen with a lock out 18 hours or so.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
Posts: 733
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-08 17:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
fonewear said: »
I'm willing to bet it will be like Omen with a lock out 18 hours or so.
That may be a little ambitious, I think they may fall back to the 72h lockout of original dyna/ein/limbus, but I hope I am dead wrong.
Offline
Posts: 30243
By fonewear 2017-11-08 17:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
fonewear said: »
I'm willing to bet it will be like Omen with a lock out 18 hours or so.
That may be a little ambitious, I think they may fall back to the 72h lockout of original dyna/ein/limbus, but I hope I am dead wrong.

For me depends on how much stuff you need from the zone. They could make it just like Omen where you have to do the same zone over and over for feet upgrade.
Offline
By clearlyamule 2017-11-08 17:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
fonewear said: »
I'm willing to bet it will be like Omen with a lock out 18 hours or so.
I bet it will use the same KI as omen making you have to choose between the 2
[+]
Offline
Posts: 30243
By fonewear 2017-11-08 17:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
clearlyamule said: »
fonewear said: »
I'm willing to bet it will be like Omen with a lock out 18 hours or so.
I bet it will use the same KI as omen making you have to choose between the 2

SE would do something like that too ! Also wouldn't shock me if there is a zone boss that drops really nice armor that is like Omen. Drop rate 0.1%
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
Posts: 341
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-08 17:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Imagine you have to wear the AFs for XX hours inside that dynamis killing enemies to upgrade them to +2 > +3 with the addition of some materials.

I called it first!
[+]
Offline
Posts: 30243
By fonewear 2017-11-08 17:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Imagine you have to wear the AFs for XX hours inside that dynamis killing enemies to upgrade them to +2 > +3 with the addition of some materials.

I called it first!

If they really want to troll us 100 bills required for upgrade...
Offline
By clearlyamule 2017-11-08 17:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
fonewear said: »
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Imagine you have to wear the AFs for XX hours inside that dynamis killing enemies to upgrade them to +2 > +3 with the addition of some materials.

I called it first!

If they really want to troll us 100 bills required for upgrade...
So basically the same thing as the original af2 upgrades?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
Posts: 411
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-11-08 17:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
clearlyamule said: »
fonewear said: »
I'm willing to bet it will be like Omen with a lock out 18 hours or so.
I bet it will use the same KI as omen making you have to choose between the 2

Makes sense. They keep increasing cap of # of canteens that can be held.

Endgame for that is probably 5-7 canteens to allow people who play more casually to spam a week's worth of entry in a weekend or something like that.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Inxmonk
Posts: 304
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-08 18:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Its going to be interesting for sure to see how they work this. To be honest I'm somewhat surprised they feel that releasing just a single zone to begin with is going to be sufficient.

I mean dyna city zones are not particularly big, and they are built with free movement in mind... Unless of course they are expanding beyond the layouts of the original dyna.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
Posts: 411
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-11-08 18:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Its going to be interesting for sure to see how they work this. To be honest I'm somewhat surprised they feel that releasing just a single zone to begin with is going to be sufficient.

I mean dyna city zones are not particularly big, and they are built with free movement in mind... Unless of course they are expanding beyond the layouts of the original dyna.

Are we sure its shared zone? i think if it's dynamis-omen it will be instanced.
Offline
Posts: 30243
By fonewear 2017-11-08 18:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Its going to be interesting for sure to see how they work this. To be honest I'm somewhat surprised they feel that releasing just a single zone to begin with is going to be sufficient.

I mean dyna city zones are not particularly big, and they are built with free movement in mind... Unless of course they are expanding beyond the layouts of the original dyna.

Are we sure its shared zone? i think if it's dynamis-omen it will be instanced.

Surely it would be instanced they have to have learned something !
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1042
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-08 18:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm leaning more towards an instance like Omen is than a free roaming zone like Escha. with today's playstyle, trying to shoehorn in a ton of people to fight over a zone the way Dynamis was in the past doesn't make sense, nor does farming free for all like modern Dynamis works. things would either need to be extremely strong to shut down casual/soloers from interfering with parties in the zone, as well as popping NMs and whatnot.

what I expect to see is an instance where you need to kill Time Extension NMs/Statues that will also spawn additional mobs or lowering barriers, allowing what are relatively open zones to have a direction and flow to them.
Offline
Posts: 30243
By fonewear 2017-11-08 18:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Basically same thing as dynamis but with stronger NM/mobs check. Only took one year to figure that out.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Inxmonk
Posts: 304
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-08 18:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Are we sure its shared zone? i think if it's dynamis-omen it will be instanced.

I think I remember reading that in the dat mine the 4 new dyna-d zones were fixed. Could be wrong, but again Dyna is a weird size for instancing. I mean its built to be too big for a single party and offhand I cant think of a layer zone that supports multiple parties.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azriel
Posts: 678
By Asura.Azriel 2017-11-08 18:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Entry item will be 180M and you gonna think twice if you wanna spam it or not :D

10M per ally slot, 15M if you want drops.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Inxmonk
Posts: 304
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-09 08:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Info up now on BG

As expected; long lockout (60hrs), 60min base time-limit. Relic +2/+3 gear.
Offline
Posts: 154
By Chriscoffey 2017-11-09 09:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Info up now on BG

As expected; long lockout (60hrs), 60min base time-limit. Relic +2/+3 gear.
They should just make it 1/month to really keep the items rare instead of actually producing some kind of content to do it. I honestly thought they would do this but considering how late in the game it is I just find it bad game development as I'm sure others do too.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 3572
By Blazed1979 2017-11-09 09:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
As expected; long lockout (60hrs)
Regret Factor: -100
I knew this new game called RL would have better updates than XI.
Offline
Posts: 786
By Boshi 2017-11-09 09:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
New game RL:

Featuring constantly pressing refresh on ffxi dev topic.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 5903
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-09 09:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Its going to be interesting for sure to see how they work this. To be honest I'm somewhat surprised they feel that releasing just a single zone to begin with is going to be sufficient.

I mean dyna city zones are not particularly big, and they are built with free movement in mind... Unless of course they are expanding beyond the layouts of the original dyna.

Are we sure its shared zone? i think if it's dynamis-omen it will be instanced.

I highly doubt it's instanced for the same reason Escha zones and abyssea wasn't.

The Dynamis zones are old from long before SE figured out how to make multiple layers of a zone and then put players in different lanes on entry. This is a copy + paste of those dynamis zones with NPC's rearranged, new loot tables and scripts changed. SE is in low maintenance mode and I doubt they would spend the time to develop new zones. Plus the dynamis zones are huge, larger then any "instanced" content and were never designed to be cut into pieces.

So expect a single large zone you can enter once a day or so and have to fight poped NM's or "battle field" like content.

:Edit:
Just read the translation and LMFAO. Giant lockout time would be the solution to a huge *** zone like that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Inxmonk
Posts: 304
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-09 09:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Assuming getting time extends to the max 2hrs isn't too obnoxious, a 3 day wait between runs isn't too bad I guess. Especially if each zone has its independent lockout timer, it should be ok in the long-run.
 Asura.Sechs
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 4939
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-09 09:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It could be good if the rate of progress is not too bad.
With a 60hrs lockout it's gotta be better/faster than Omen or many will feel like very displeased.

I'm talking on a per-run basis of course, not overall.
Offline
Posts: 30243
By fonewear 2017-11-09 09:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Boshi said: »
New game RL:

Featuring constantly pressing refresh on ffxi dev topic.

I've been standing outside shouting for capacity points...still no response.
Offline
Posts: 30243
By fonewear 2017-11-09 09:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Look forward to high tier Abyssea for Emp reforge plus 2 and 3 !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83
Log in to post.