Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 426 427 428
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-06-01 12:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimately this is goimg to be new content to keep people subbed and occupied. I don't remember a time FFXI community was ever satisfied especially during the tanaka years.

At least Matsui is much more easy going and less aloof
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-06-01 12:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, I don't normally do this, but I am crossposting my daily JPSide devtracker notes from bgwiki over here to increase visibility of something that I believe that everyone should see. Please forgive the length. ^^;; (Contents of Fujito's post is the raw GTrans, except for me re-adding in the links.)

New devposts:

JP1) Devs apologized for the wait, but prizes for the screenshot contest were just sent out.

JP2) Weekly devpost summary. Confirmation again that the June update is small because something big is coming in July. Nothing else new.

JP3) Very, very long post by Fujito about botters. O_O He wants to make it clear that botting is still against the TOS, and that appropriate actions (temp/perm account bans) are being taken. He also explains the basic process that the STF (Special Task Force) follows... I don't do this very often, but as the post is quite long, deals with a heavy issue that I feel that everyone should know about, and I'm unsure what I can leave out when summarizing, here is a copy/paste of the GTrans version:
Fujito said:
Hello.

Thank you for always writing information on BOT and cheating, opinions.
I am looking forward to seeing you, but I have decided to refrain from comments because the subject to deal with is delicate data.

However, on the other hand, since comments including misunderstandings that the management side is not dealt with correctly were seen,
again, in order to correctly tell the stance as "Final Fantasy XI" and the current situation of the effort, a
special task force (hereinafter referred to as " STF), we will issue the following comments.

Although it is a long post reading it is a serious posting, it is important, so please read it carefully and be appreciated if you can understand it.

As for this thread
, I am sorry, but I will close it because the reporting route is gathered in the original report form, and a situation where misunderstandings are getting misunderstanding is coming.

■ About cheat act · stance on BOT acts As
also stated in the usage agreement, cheat acts and BOT acts are clearly prohibited in "Final Fantasy XI".
If the action is confirmed, measures will be taken to suspend temporary use of the account or to suspend permanent use.
This stance will not change consistently from the beginning of the service of "Final Fantasy XI".

■ Activities of STF STF is a unit that expertly deals with and deals with organizational activities,
such as Real Money Trade (RMT), cheat acts leading to it, and BOT acts
that adversely affect the game.

The crackdown on STF is roughly divided into a survey conducted by analyzing a log (information recorded in detail of character's behavior) and a survey
that logs into the game and actually monitors the behavior of the character while hidden We are.

Inspection by logs has the advantage that information can be obtained in bird's-eye view across multiple world areas,
but the amount of information is enormous, correspondingly, it takes time to refine and scrutinize.
Investigation in the game is advantageous in that it is possible to grasp "what is going on right now" more than the log rather than the log,
but since it takes a lot of human effort, the range that can be checked at one time is limited .
In the actual survey,
regulations will be promoted by combining the advantages of each method, identifying the problem areas (such as area and character behavior) in the game, and logging them one-shot.

■ Please report!
A report from you is very helpful to quickly detect the problems occurring in the game and increase the initial speed of the investigation. Thank you very much.
We are committed to endeavoring to preclude valuable information we receive earlier, so please continue your continued cooperation. Please use the form of " Report to Special Task Force

" for reporting . Since the STF staff is directly looking through this window, we can deliver information reliably at the earliest possible time, and it is in a format that can describe information necessary for investigation without leakage.

There are a lot of reports that we have on the forums that we do not have all the necessary information for investigation.
For example, a report saying "There are lots of BOTs in the world," the seriousness is very transmitted,
but it can not be fully utilized as information to solve the problem.
Also, it is not recommended from the viewpoint of privacy to post the name of the reporter's character in an unspecified number of forums to be viewed.
In some cases posts may be deleted according to the forum guidelines, so please summarize the report in a special form.

※ For information on STF activities, please also refer to the following pages.
Monthly handling account number and frozen gill amount history
Opinions and requests for STF

* All URLs can be traced from "Rules & Manners" on the left of the official page. These incorrect actions that are

not easily dealt with while reporting
should adversely affect the game, so it should be dealt with promptly.
On the other hand, in strict response to the suspension of account suspension, with careful judgment
, I hope you understand that you need to spend enough time.

Even in cases where it is said that it is obvious, not to judge, it is not judged by deemedisation, and
the fact is checked by checking actions one by one. Although it is a rare case, the following is an example of the survey results actually found.

Report: There are 18 BOTs who have party with anon in one area
Certainly up to 17 people used BOT but only one was an unrelated player.
I was invited by a party silently when I was there but it was a case that I was acting differently.
※ It is not based on talk but it is based on the result of follow-up survey by log.
Report: RMT trader character with appropriate name is exhibiting extensively at auction
It was a second character specialized in loot and material selling.
Because it does not play on the main, the character name is often appropriate.
Second characters are often not raised compared to the main character, there are times when you are
watching a play style that repeats monotonous work or a long time bazaar.
BOT and cheat are often active in groups, and related characters are also present in other area / world.
I will refrain from explaining how the police are being specifically enforced because it will spur a giant,
but take time to avoid missing other people while dealing with a corner of the iceberg We are addressing all at once.

In the past I have not had much opportunity to touch the STF as much as possible in order to prevent giving information to the outside as much as
possible, but in response to the opinion that "the achievement of the activity can not be felt " I commented on the current activities.
The crackdown on fraud is a long-standing event and it is a project that can not be resolved overnight, but the attitude towards fraud by
encouraging players to enjoy "Final Fantasy XI" comfortably
is the 16th anniversary It is a part that has not changed all the time now.
We will continue our efforts to respond to your requests, so please continue your favors toward the future.

If the mods want me to stick this in a spoiler due to length, I will on request, but personally think that we should leave the full-length posting easily readable for as long as possible.
Links included above go to the Japanese language pages.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-01 12:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They just need to release onion knight and call it a day.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-06-01 15:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The best part is all the bitching is going to force them to start looking over a bunch of logs again. Can't wait to see all the posts about getting banned for clipping lol
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-01 15:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
The best part is all the bitching is going to force them to start looking over a bunch of logs again. Can't wait to see all the posts about getting banned for clipping lol

Salvage bans ain't got ***on what's about to happen.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-06-01 15:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

well i guess asura's population is going to get a bit lower
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-01 15:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There are at least two people specifically I really want to see gone, we'll see if they get hit!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-01 15:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the important part;

They'll make a show of it, for a month or so. ***will cool off. Then you'll have twice as many, for the next 4 years.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-01 16:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
There are at least two people specifically I really want to see gone, we'll see if they get hit!
One is me, who's the other!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-01 16:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
■ About cheat act · stance on BOT acts As
also stated in the usage agreement, cheat acts and BOT acts are clearly prohibited in "Final Fantasy XI".
If the action is confirmed, measures will be taken to suspend temporary use of the account or to suspend permanent use.
This stance will not change consistently from the beginning of the service of "Final Fantasy XI".

And that's where the problem lies, actually proving someone's botting is much more difficult then it seems.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-01 16:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

Salvage bans ain't got ***on what's about to happen.
The last salvage bans were a joke
By zaxtiss 2018-06-01 16:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

how so?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-06-01 16:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

On Asura or from the old days?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-01 16:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a 114 page salvage ban thread on BG. I was THOROUGHLY entertained.

It took out quite a few people I knew, but a bunch only got temps or absolutely nothing happened to them.

But that was small potatoes, hardly anyone knew what it was, or what to/how to do it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-01 16:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's most likely just a PR move. They don't have significant resources for task force, you can tell by sub # they can only afford to hire a few people for XI.

You'll probably see most of the yahse/ceizak alliances gone and a few really obvious botters. Maybe reenable the speed/pos autobanner for a bit. Expecting the game to suddenly be clean is unlikely.

I give it 50-50 on 6+ multiboxers, if only because they are obviously cheating in some way. It'd be pretty hard to prove and some of them probably don't deserve bans(though I certainly do and wouldn't be shocked if hit).
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-06-01 16:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah last set only a few people got banned most got a vacation. Which isn't bad for farming enough alex for every single mythic in a month solo. Meanwhile original salvation bans were apocalyptic and only double/tripled drops and used whole alliances lol
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-01 16:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
One is me, who's the other!

Only one person posts on this forum, and it's not you. The other person has streamed themselves using flee hax while streaming it. And I made sure to get the video sent directly to SE, so I will be disappointed if he isn't banned.
[+]
By Justuas 2018-06-01 17:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
It's most likely just a PR move. They don't have significant resources for task force, you can tell by sub # they can only afford to hire a few people for XI.

You'll probably see most of the yahse/ceizak alliances gone and a few really obvious botters. Maybe reenable the speed/pos autobanner for a bit. Expecting the game to suddenly be clean is unlikely.

I give it 50-50 on 6+ multiboxers, if only because they are obviously cheating in some way. It'd be pretty hard to prove and some of them probably don't deserve bans(though I certainly do and wouldn't be shocked if hit).
I'm shocked if you're still here after the blast.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-01 17:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
I'm shocked if you're still here after the blast.
I'll still be here, don't you worry, my mains just might not be. Not the least bit worried about my RMT chars, they can be replaced in no time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-01 17:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That gets said every single time they do a big ban. "the game can't exist without us!"

Admittedly they get closer to being correct every time, because more and more find it acceptable to exploit. and it goes longer and longer so people get jealous and can't resist.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-06-01 18:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lul. Ban em all I'll help.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-01 18:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

To be frank this game should've died 5 years ago. Another ban wave won't change anything.

Addiction isn't solved with a ban. They always come back.

"it's worth it", classic example, he'd didn't even bother to change his name after his ban.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-01 20:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't realize botting was such a big thing still. Stunned this is even needed, I mean, you have a full year before the next content release comes out. What's the rush?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-01 20:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Mostly people trying to enjoy some sort of fantasy. Like the guy thinking that a youtube video will get some dude banned.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-01 20:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That gets said every single time they do a big ban. "the game can't exist without us!"
I mean that's true but in recent years they are constantly banning lots of people but it's generally obvious gil sellers. Which 100% come back. And then anyone that's been playing a long time will come back probably
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2018-06-01 20:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Didn't realize botting was such a big thing still. Stunned this is even needed, I mean, you have a full year before the next content release comes out. What's the rush?

There's a ton of bots still, it just doesn't really negatively impact anyone's experience anymore. I really don't see this hitting anyone other than the rmt alliances that have been rolling around.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-01 21:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time bots are really an issue is during CP campaign when RMT monopolize camps to sell JP.
[+]
By Draylo 2018-06-01 21:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll just put on a show for the JP that were complaining.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 426 427 428