First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 427 428 429
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-02-28 01:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Incoming Dynamis - Convergence/Resurgence/Insurgence, or my personal fave, Dynamis - (lack of) Intelligence.

Dynamis - Regurgence. Wherein current Divergence zones are once again remastered with all new spawn points and drop tables!!! (50% less medals because those are a total waste of time and everyone wants the Hydra gear right?)
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-28 01:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

some of the hydra gear is nice, though
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2018-02-28 01:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

That fellow npc set sure is useful.
[+]
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2018-02-28 03:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear that doesn't boost Astral conduit = trash
By Afania 2018-02-28 03:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
LOL it's definitely lack of interest.

Dienamis v2 suffers from every single thing that makes an event bad.

Random job drop, no personal pool, lockout, drop rate too low, timed gimmick, instant "***" moves, only 1 item per job (and most of those items are ***) ((the hydra gear is even hotter garbage))

Only thing it's missing is procs.

Tbh if they make every relic +3 as good as COR's and lock +3 behind megaboss instead of mid boss, it would be a perfect event.

Megaboss is semi challenging to do for lesser organized/smaller groups, but fairly fast and easy to do with organized bigger group with enough fire power. That would encourage people build bigger groups, invite new people, organize better and get clears for good gears.

For the most part, participants gets something and they can buy the rest of upgrade materials.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-28 04:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

That fellow npc set sure is useful.

Here's hoping the Jeuno set is like that, but for Trusts. XD
Admit it, there would be actual demand for a set that buffed Trusts up to real player levels. Probably higher demand than for the rest of the reforges in fact... >.>
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-28 07:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Admit it, there would be actual demand for a set that buffed Trusts up to real player levels. Probably higher demand than for the rest of the reforges in fact... >.>

Would be really interesting to create our own trusts, like we could somewhat customize the Fellow system.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-28 09:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Nyarlko said: »

Would be really interesting to create our own trusts, like we could somewhat customize the Fellow system.

I suggested this 4 years ago:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/38859-Trust-Suggestions?p=487858#post487858

They responded by giving us more trusts.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-28 09:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Syto said: »
Popularity for this new Dynamis - D was too low across the board. They wanted to wrap this up and work on other stuff with the 1-2 developers they have left on the team..

They most likely created an easy system similar to ideas suggested above to unlock body.

I think they saw lack of participation and did not wish to put more effort into it. Waste of time/revenue for them to unlock all zones, create new bosses/gimmicks, etc..

Just my guess..

meh.. Lets move on..

My Speculation: People are doing more Ambuscade than Dynamis - D .. lol.. Sad..

You are right that the event is straight hot garbage. and only 3/66 items are worth even a little effort so yeah, participation is incredibly low.

However this is completely meaningless, they've never stopped caring just because people don't go. Look at infailsion. They just double down and force you to do it.
You're still spouting nonsense that there's that few items worth any effort? They're on the whole worse than AF+3, but there's more than 3 pieces that are best in slot for important or semi-important purposes. I'd have thought you'd have stopped spreading misinformation by now.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-28 10:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You can pretend however many pieces you want are worth getting.

-zero- of them are worth doing dynamis for. I don't give a *** if they literally gave you gil while wearing them.

A couple would be worth getting casually, doing it now and then. None are worth straight farming it for.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-28 10:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Newsflash, but you're not the arbiter of what people are willing to do dynamis for. Best in slot is best in slot.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-28 10:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Youre the guy that mercs things for double the going rates, so I know how incorrectly you place value.

I couldn't possibly give less of a *** if dia lasts 10 minutes. Or PUP gets WSD + 1000% or WHM gets Attack + 9000. Or BLM gets MAB + 1 million.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-28 10:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The "going rate" is whatever people are willing to pay, and I get plenty of business; it'd be pretty idiotic to offer lower prices arbitrarily. I've also literally never had someone go "wow, everyone else sells for half your price", so either you have me mixed up with someone else, of you're making that up.

Regardless, "value" literally varies upon the person who wants the item. I'm not trying to ascribe a concrete value for items that everyone must follow; you are.

Yes, YOU wouldn't give a damn, we've established that. Too bad what you care about is not a relevant indicator of value to other people. I'm pretty sure most people that use or play with said jobs care if, for example, RUNs tank better, DRKs WS harder, or RDMs' enfeebles are stronger.
By emiledge 2018-02-28 10:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There done with the Dyna-D, it is hot garbage content. Hopefully they start working on the Abby reforge +2 +3 and hopefully make it better but I highly doubt it. I have a feeling for the abby reforge gear they will make a whole new battle content for it and will not even involve Abby.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-28 10:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of how many pieces are hundredths of a percentage point better a very specific task for a job just going straight by what else you could get/do in a fraction of the time and not something arbitrary like how much you personally value it few are even close to worth it. Like sure maybe if you've otherwise pimped out every job you care to play go for it but if not buy a HQ abj set or 2 and get much more out of it
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-28 10:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with both of you on different points. Dynamis is garbage content, and there are only a few pieces that stand alone above others. That much is obvious. However, much of the gear carries a pretty hefty attack/ratt major bonus, acc minor, compared to the AF counterparts, which focused primarily on ACC major, attack minor. The full sets aren't even out yet, but they also haven't even added a "set bonus" to the gear, which might be something to consider as well. People are leaving this out when evaluating the gear.

Still, I like the fact that in some ways, the gear is unique to an extent (DRG, an already STP machine, gets ta+4, ton of attack helm, with added breath potency. Can drop Flamma+2 in sets). I guess I'm not wowed by the gear, but im not totally disappointed in it. It is what it is. It's not more than I expected. (How many pieces of relic/+1 were ever really used when they were introduced? most were macro pieces anyways).

The content absolutely is whack, though, and the price tag attached to the gear does not match at all. Because it's so much easier to just buy the gear, that's what people are choosing to do, forgoing horrible drop rates. They didn't allow that in Omen, which actually forced you to be there, in the zone, on the job you wanted to upgrade. By SE's own stance on dynamis, this content was very lazily implemented and the reward system is trash. I can understand why some people choose not to do it for little increase. But the content is what it is. You can complain about how crappy it is and how the gear is useless, or you can just do the content and not worry about the marginal side/up/down/diagonal grades of a game that has been going downhill for years.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-28 10:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if counting against other options in terms of upgrade value > gil/time instead of pure value > effort in for the item itself, there's still more pieces than "3/66" that are worth effort, like RDM's pieces, which are a large upgrade for the job's primary purpose even at just +2, or RUN hat, which both enhances Phalanx and opens up more options in tanking sets.

The gear might not be nearly as amazing on the whole as AF+2/3 (while being harder to get unless you have tons of gil to throw around and don't want to wait for cards, as well as being in an event that is worse than Omen in terms of other rewards), but more than 5% are significant improvements to important purposes, and a LOT more than 5% are minor improvements.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-28 10:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of the new gear has had a good mix of hybrid stats. RUN relic+3 hat, war af+3 legs, ayanmo+2 body, etc. Gear mix/match options are pretty fun now if you're into decimal pushing.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-02-28 10:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we are having a fundamental breakdown here in what constitutes a "large" and just an upgrade here so agree to disagree. Most of the BiS are really just those small max/minning. Which is fine if you want to do but given the huge hurdle obtaining you can't blame most for saying not worth it when you can farm/buy a couple of relics in the meantime

But sure not 3... 4 you listed :p
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-28 11:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For a mage, you don't consider adding ~30 MACC + 5 INT/MND, ~5% potency on a job's primary purpose, or +20 to any stat to be large? That's just at +2, as well. If not, I suppose we do have different definitions.

RUN's upgrade from the hat is smaller, but still what I'd call a notable upgrade given when options it opens up, and not a "hundredths of a percent" type upgrade like you were talking about. Most of them are either worthless or very small upgrades, but there's more than ~5% that aren't.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-02-28 11:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly I'm more than ok with the 60hr lockout. This event is a bore. I can barely withstand wasting 1.5 hour on it twice per week and I'm even grateful for the second time extension hasn't been discovered/implemented yet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-28 11:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Frankly I'm more than ok with the 60hr lockout. This event is a bore. I can barely withstand wasting 1.5 hour on it twice per week and I'm even grateful for the second time extension hasn't been discovered/implemented yet.

The lockout should be zone dependent. If you're bored with the content, there's always the option to not overdo it. But locking out all zones to 60 hours is silly in this age of the game. It's almost as if by doing this, they are deliberately trying to limit the amount of time players are in this event, which will limit the amount of currency/gear they can amass, and increase the demand for this stuff. But that's not working. People are getting the clear, and buying the gear afterwards, and the demand has not changed with the lack of currency (in fact, the AH is flooded with mats because most don't ggive a ***about the gear).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-28 12:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Man if the lock out wasn't zone dependent they couldn't con people like Geriond into doing Divergence for the next 6 years.

Remember, even if you go every single day to omen, you've still got years worth of cards to farm. The same has to be true for this event.

I can't wait to spend another 10 years in Abyssea-Paradox collecting "job paper +2" and "job gem +3" that -will not- use traverser stones, and the collection rate will stay 20 hours.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-28 12:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they need a 60 hour lockout for Omen...just to drag out the content.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-28 12:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is, you can bring several extra accounts if you are doing a midboss/boss run in a group that has space. Personal pool on each character from mid/mega would be a ton of medals. That's really the real life-hack of this event. Other than that, whatever plan they had in mind with dynamis, failed.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-28 12:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The thing is, you can bring several extra accounts if you are doing a midboss/boss run in a group that has space. Personal pool on each character from mid/mega would be a ton of medals. That's really the real life-hack of this event. Other than that, whatever plan they had in mind with dynamis, failed.
But you can only do it once, that's the problem. Rewards are front weighted too heavily, unless you start actively seeking out strangers to 18/18 your alliance you're not getting anything near your time's value. Smaller servers don't even have that as an option.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-28 12:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

You dont get a "ton of medals" you get 1 rusted card per new character. take 18 new people you -might- get one medal.

*beaten by comeatme
By fonewear 2018-02-28 12:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally 18 box Dynamis D.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 427 428 429