Random Politics & Religion #22

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #22
Random Politics & Religion #22
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-06 09:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fone, reddit is a cesspool.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-06 09:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1990 Trump straight fire:
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-05-06 10:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump saying Australia's single payer healthcare system is better than ours...?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-06 10:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »

He Tweeted out a clarifying statement yesterday:

Quote:
Of course the Australians have better healthcare than we do --everybody does. ObamaCare is dead! But our healthcare will soon be great.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-05-06 10:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Quote:
Of course the Australians have better healthcare than we do --everybody does. ObamaCare is dead! But our healthcare will soon be great.

more like

[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-06 10:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Gonna enjoy seeing my prices shoot up due to horrible pre-existing conditions like Acne and cat allergies.
By fonewear 2017-05-06 11:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a pre existing condition it's called living !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-06 11:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole scare tactic the Democrats are using is really quite sad. I mean people hated Obama care mostly. Then all of the sudden when you try to take it away people love it ? Make up your damn minds.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-06 11:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess they also love how the cost of healthcare sky rocketed under Obama care and how most people couldn't afford it. That is great right ?
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-05-06 11:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

oldie but a goodie

Quote:
SEATTLE—As debate continues in Washington over the funding of President Obama’s health care initiative, sources confirmed Thursday that 39-year-old Daniel Seaver, a man who understands a total of 8 percent of the Affordable Care Act, offered a vehement defense of the legislation to 41-year-old Alex Crawford, who understands 5 percent of it.

“First of all, Obamacare will reduce insurance premiums for most people, and no one can be denied coverage if they have preexisting conditions and stuff like that,” said Seaver, displaying over half of his 8 percent grasp on the sweeping health care reform policy. “Which means a whole bunch of uninsured Americans—I’m talking millions of people here—will finally have access to health care. How can you not get behind that?”

“And Medicare has nothing to do with this, by the way—that’s a separate thing,” continued Seaver, adding one of the few remaining facts he knows about Obamacare. “This just deals with the private insurance companies and makes sure they can’t, you know, drive up costs through the roof.”

According to reports, Seaver mounted an impressive case given his severely limited knowledge of the actual law itself, bolstering his 8 percent understanding of the Affordable Care Act with his 6 percent awareness of the nation’s current economic landscape. Crawford, meanwhile, demonstrated just about the full extent of his understanding of Obamacare by claiming that its provisions could potentially kill jobs.

Sources confirmed that, if asked, neither man would actually be able to correctly define the term “HMO” or coherently explain what a health care exchange actually is and how such a thing would actually work on a regional basis.

“If you get insurance through your job, you can keep it, so this won’t affect a lot of people,” said Seaver, failing to incorporate roughly 90 percent of the bill’s actual groundwork into his semi-accurate assertion. “It’ll really only change things for really poor people who live below the poverty line. That’s it.”

“Saying this is somehow a government takeover of the healthcare industry is, quite frankly, a flat-out lie,” added Seaver, forcefully and passionately summarizing what he remembers from an informed person’s opinion he read on a website recently. “All this does is offer a public option.”

Over the course of the next half hour, the two men used their full comprehension of what reportedly amounts to several sentences at best of the Affordable Care Act to debate many facets of the 906-page piece of legislation. On separate occasions, sources said Seaver and Crawford both claimed to have done “a lot of research” on the subject.

“Okay, I hear your points, but I think there are a lot of other factors to consider,” said Crawford, boldly countering Seaver’s 8 percent knowledge of the subject with his own 5 percent familiarity with it. “It’s actually going to raise insurance costs for most people. The way it actually works is, see, there are different tiers. And these different tiers, or levels or whatever, have different co-payments. And then there’s the individual mandate, which means you’re required by law to get insurance, otherwise you pay higher taxes. So, you see, there are all these other things to think about.”

“Are you starting to get it?” Crawford added, after almost completely emptying his accumulated knowledge on the subject in one fell swoop. “It’s complicated, for sure.”

The two men, whose collective net understanding reportedly makes up, in a generous estimate, little more than one one-tenth of the entire Affordable Care Act, then repeatedly volleyed back and forth over the constitutionality of the law—a matter that sources confirmed they have a roughly 0.000001 percent knowledge of.

Sources also confirmed that the two men independently opted not to introduce at all the subjects of prescription drugs, the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, the law’s effect on small business owners, exemptions, state costs, specific penalties for opting out, effects on the marketplace, the nation’s existing overall quality of health care, any specific statistic whatsoever, and the federal budget.

“Hold on, Alex, let’s go back to the premiums for a second, because I feel like I need to drive this point home for you: they’ll get lower for most people,” said Seaver, straining the very limits of his 8 percent comprehension of the bill to the point of utter collapse. “Lower premiums, lower deductibles, and no denial of coverage to people with preexisting conditions.”

“Way lower premiums,” Seaver added.

At press time, both men’s understanding of Obamacare had dropped to 3 percent as a result of the debate.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-06 11:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I guess they also love how the cost of healthcare sky rocketed under Obama care and how most people couldn't afford it. That is great right ?

They also love the idea of the average family spending even more out of their paychecks for "free" healthcare. My insurance sure isn't cheap, but after doing the math on what it would cost me if I made the same amount of money in Canada? Yeah, it's not even close.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-06 11:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole scare tactic the Democrats are using is really quite sad. I mean people hated Obama care mostly. Then all of the sudden when you try to take it away people love it ? Make up your damn minds.
Except those people are mostly Trumps voters who were under the impression the ACA and Obamacare were two entirely different things.

And most people couldn't afford it? Lol okay. Not wanting to pay for something =/= unaffordable.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-06 11:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
Except those people are mostly Trumps voters who were under the impression the ACA and Obamacare were two entirely different things.

And most people couldn't afford it? Lol okay. Not wanting to pay for something =/= unaffordable.

Lol. No, the ACA has been unpopular for years (minus a recent trend in nostalgia for it after it's already mostly dead), and I highly doubt the pollsters have just been calling it "Obamacare" exclusively. And what makes it unaffordable isn't the desire to not pay for it, it's the massive increases in insurance costs. Funny how that works.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-06 12:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

“Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care.”

Congressman Raúl Labrador R - Idaho.

Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-05-06 12:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Polls say 35% of Americans or 1 in 3 people don't know that the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing. There's tons Trump voters that don't understand that they'll lose their coverage, like this guy

Similar posts/threads are all over the internet if you're looking for a good laff.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-06 12:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
“Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care.”

Congressman Raúl Labrador R - Idaho.

Technically he is right. If you have an emergency and don't have health insurance they have to treat you.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-05-06 12:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Skip to 50 seconds to get to the street interviews.
By fonewear 2017-05-06 12:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but he is interviewing people from LA they might as well be from Mars !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-06 12:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't consider California part of America it is like this experiment the rest of the country allows to exist.

Like a giant reality show that they aren't aware they are apart of.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-06 12:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If it wasn't for the warm weather and the beach/ocean I don't see why any sane person would visit.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-05-06 12:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If it wasn't for the warm weather and the beach/ocean I don't see why any sane person would visit.

In-N-Out?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-06 12:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It all depends on your point of view. If your an underemployed recently graduated college kid with a liberal arts degree, then things like the ACA are great because it's all about someone else paying for it. If you are a middle class worker on an upward career trajectory who's spent years of sacrifice and careful planning to get there, you absolutely hate the ACA because it's forcing you to pay for the healthcare of all those recently graduated college kids with liberal arts degrees. If your an unemployed minority who's part of a welfare family culture, then the ACA is great because it's basically "free ***". If your a trust fund kid then the ACA doesn't mean ***to you and if your wealthy then the ACA doesn't apply to you. The only remaining category are business owners and they hate the ACA because it's costing them just as much as the middle class workers.

So basically, those who pay the majority of the taxes hate the ACA, those on the other side of that coin love the ACA.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-06 12:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The tax rates there are insane, like stupidly insane, especially if your in IT or other "professional" field then you get even further raped. Have some friends out there, one of which left a $150,000+ a year job for a lower paying one in an other state that greatly raised his standard of living.

Liberals *** all the time about getting "evil greedy corporations" to pay for all their vote buying "free ***", yet at the end of the day it's always the middle class that gets steamrolled.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-06 12:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Polls say 35% of Americans or 1 in 3 people don't know that the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing.

Let's assume for a moment that that is true. Like I said before, not all polls use the same wording for describing the law, and almost all of them showed it being more disliked than liked by hefty margins. Whether or not people know they're the same thing is irrelevant when they think the law sucks either way.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-06 13:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't know what they want that is why they suck !
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-05-06 14:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating for the ACA. Just discussing.

Like I said before, not all polls use the same wording for describing the law, and almost all of them showed it being more disliked than liked by hefty margins.

Fox poll from January:
Fox News said:
The number of voters who want Obamacare completely repealed is at a new low -- as is the number who wants to keep it as is. And for the first time, more favor expanding the law than killing it entirely.

Yet a new Fox News Poll also finds a majority continues to favor at least partial repeal of the health care law.

Whether or not people know they're the same thing is irrelevant when they think the law sucks either way.

It is relevant. A sizable group of people support the ACA while simultaneously shouting to repeal Obamacare. They can't know whether or not the law sucks, they don't even know what the law is. Many people detest the act entirely simply because it's Obama's, even though they agree with many of its provisions. The divisiveness is largely just partisan bs which is why we'll never settle on healthcare reform and continue having the debate until the end of time.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-06 14:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I already mentioned the polls reversing on Obamacare lately, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. I just find it ironic that people now don't want it repealed after it has mostly fallen apart.

It is relevant. A sizable group of people support the ACA while simultaneously shouting to repeal Obamacare. They can't know whether or not the law sucks, they don't even know what the law is. Many people detest the act entirely simply because it's Obama's, even though they agree with many of its provisions. The divisiveness is largely just partisan bs which is why we'll never settle on healthcare reform and continue having the debate until the end of time.

This is entirely conjecture. Just because some people don't know that the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing doesn't mean that they automatically like the ACA and hate Obamacare. Relying on anecdotal Facebook posts and Jimmy Kimmel sketches doesn't help your case.

Aside from that, there are many, many people who know exactly how the ACA has affected them and hate it. It's convenient to think of the entire opposition as uninformed, bumbling idiots, but there are just as many people who support it that are the same way.

Lastly, you state that there are people who say they dislike the bill but like its provisions. Do you know why that is? It's because the provisions that are talked about are only a tiny fraction of the bill, and they're the only things that get brought up by the people who defend it. If Obamacare did nothing but implement those popular provisions, it wouldn't be thousands of pages long and probably would never be repealed.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-06 14:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone that takes advice from Jimmy Kimmel should be put in a mental hospital !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-06 14:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason people are stupid relatively isn't because of IQ but a lack of self awareness and curiosity. They accept what the main stream media tells them. They don't dig deeper.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-05-06 15:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is entirely conjecture. Just because some people don't know that the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing doesn't mean that they automatically like the ACA and hate Obamacare. Relying on anecdotal Facebook posts and Jimmy Kimmel sketches doesn't help your case.

It's not conjecture. You'll just disregard it because it's from the NY Times. I never said it means they automatically like the ACA and hate Obamacare. The point was that many people unknowingly receive their insurance from it, and if they knew what it was, would be more open to supporting it.

It's convenient to think of the entire opposition as uninformed, bumbling idiots, but there are just as many people who support it that are the same way.

Again, something that I never said. Also that Jimmy Kimmel video showcases people that blindly support Obamacare simply because they support Obama. Dumbassery and partisanship goes both ways.

Lastly, you state that there are people who say they dislike the bill but like its provisions. Do you know why that is? It's because the provisions that are talked about are only a tiny fraction of the bill, and they're the only things that get brought up by the people who defend it. If Obamacare did nothing but implement those popular provisions, it wouldn't be thousands of pages long and probably would never be repealed.

It's entirely possible for them to repeal parts of it without repealing those provisions/the entire thing.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81