Random Politics & Religion #22

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #22
Random Politics & Religion #22
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81
By fonewear 2017-05-06 15:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The main point for me is government shouldn't play such a large role in healthcare. We aren't a loser country with more moose than people like Canada that can afford to insurance 300 million people. Maybe if our population was smaller government run healthcare would be a good idea.
By fonewear 2017-05-06 15:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Mistake that should be 30 Million in Canada.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-05-06 15:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pepe the Frog Is Dead: Creator Kills the White Supremacist-Hijacked Icon

CBR said:
After fighting an uphill battle to reclaim the feel-good image of his popular character after it was perverted by a culture of hate, cartoonist Matt Furie laid to rest Pepe the Frog in Fantagraphics’ Free Comic Book Day offering, “World’s Greatest Cartoonists.” In a one-page strip, Pepe lies in an open casket while “Boy’s Club” friends Landwolf, Brett and Andy mourn him in their irreverent fashion.

RIP
By fonewear 2017-05-06 16:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't kill pepe...pepe is life !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-06 16:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

CNN thought it was so important they dedicated like 9 mins to discuss a meme lol
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-06 16:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The same CNN that thought 4Chan was a person:
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-05-06 16:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

CNN is like your out of touch parent trying to figure out what a slang word means or why the kids are all listening to that funky new hip hop music
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-05-06 16:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

CNN coverage of Lady Gaga:

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-06 16:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »

CBR said:
After fighting an uphill battle to reclaim the feel-good image of his popular character after it was perverted by a culture of hate, cartoonist Matt Furie laid to rest Pepe the Frog in Fantagraphics’ Free Comic Book Day offering, “World’s Greatest Cartoonists.” In a one-page strip, Pepe lies in an open casket while “Boy’s Club” friends Landwolf, Brett and Andy mourn him in their irreverent fashion.
RIP
I just want to know why the alt right, being chock full of white supremacists, chose a stoner Mexican frog to hijack.
By fonewear 2017-05-06 16:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

CBR said:
RIP
I just want to know why the alt right, being chock full of white supremacists, chose a stoner Mexican frog to hijack.

Probably same reason kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-06 16:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Western Christians whitewashed *** Jesus.

How hard can it be to whitewash a cartoon frog?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-06 23:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

CBR said:

RIP

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated. Kekistan will live on.

#Freekekistan
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-07 00:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
This is entirely conjecture. Just because some people don't know that the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing doesn't mean that they automatically like the ACA and hate Obamacare. Relying on anecdotal Facebook posts and Jimmy Kimmel sketches doesn't help your case.

It's not conjecture. You'll just disregard it because it's from the NY Times. I never said it means they automatically like the ACA and hate Obamacare. The point was that many people unknowingly receive their insurance from it, and if they knew what it was, would be more open to supporting it.
The conjecture is this:

Many people detest the act entirely simply because it's Obama's, even though they agree with many of its provisions.
Might as well say that half of America are deplorables. It did really well for the last person who stated that.

BTW. The popular provisions that people "like" are only 2 paragraphs of the law. That's the provisions that, if Obamacare were to be completely repealed, would be super easy to get into any bill, even an appropriations bill, to make into law.

You shouldn't keep a bad law because of 2 provisions. That's like keeping a leg that's gangrene just because one toenail is good.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-07 00:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Might as well say that half of America are deplorables

But we are! We don't support their grand idea of a unified world government where equality is ensured by a central comity consisting of the intellectual elite. In this idea there are no more radical political elements as all dissent is met with gentle reeducation.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-07 07:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They wouldn't make it in as is. They'd have a "if the state chooses to opt in" clause tacked on so insurance companies can apply substantial pressure.
By fonewear 2017-05-07 08:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What is wrong with being deplorable I wear it as a badge of honor !

Hell I have it on my business card:

Simpsons aficionado, Trump supporter, deplorable !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-07 09:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bills aren't the only thing that Paul Ryan doesn't read...

By fonewear 2017-05-07 10:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bills aren't the only thing that Paul Ryan doesn't read...

I didn't read this post care to explain it ?
By fonewear 2017-05-07 10:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt Paul Ryan care if he takes a picture with guy with an anti Paul Ryan shirt. He probably is just happy to get noticed !
By Nausi 2017-05-07 10:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I already mentioned the polls reversing on Obamacare lately, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. I just find it ironic that people now don't want it repealed after it has mostly fallen apart.

It is relevant. A sizable group of people support the ACA while simultaneously shouting to repeal Obamacare. They can't know whether or not the law sucks, they don't even know what the law is. Many people detest the act entirely simply because it's Obama's, even though they agree with many of its provisions. The divisiveness is largely just partisan bs which is why we'll never settle on healthcare reform and continue having the debate until the end of time.

This is entirely conjecture. Just because some people don't know that the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing doesn't mean that they automatically like the ACA and hate Obamacare. Relying on anecdotal Facebook posts and Jimmy Kimmel sketches doesn't help your case.

Aside from that, there are many, many people who know exactly how the ACA has affected them and hate it. It's convenient to think of the entire opposition as uninformed, bumbling idiots, but there are just as many people who support it that are the same way.

Lastly, you state that there are people who say they dislike the bill but like its provisions. Do you know why that is? It's because the provisions that are talked about are only a tiny fraction of the bill, and they're the only things that get brought up by the people who defend it. If Obamacare did nothing but implement those popular provisions, it wouldn't be thousands of pages long and probably would never be repealed.
Polls are used to shape public opinion more often than they report it.

This is just another form of obstruction to Trumps agenda.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-07 12:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny you should mention shaping public opinion Nausi, I just read an article about shaping public opinion.

Long and interesting one, complete with billionaires, shadowy data companies, Facebook data mining, and the brexit.

The great British Brexit robbery: how our democracy was hijacked

A shadowy global operation involving big data, billionaire friends of Trump and the disparate forces of the Leave campaign influenced the result of the EU referendum. As Britain heads to the polls again, is our electoral process still fit for purpose?

The Guardian.
By fonewear 2017-05-07 12:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bill Nye the 65 gender guy !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-07 12:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny cause back in the day he said there were only 2 genders. he must have just found the other 56 genders...

Bill please how many genders is it I can't figure this ***out !

By fonewear 2017-05-07 12:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm upset Facebook doesn't have my gender "lovable ***"
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-07 12:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost like were still figuring ***out 27 years later.

Crazy. I thought we had everything figured out back in the utopia of the 1950s.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-07 13:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's one thing to claim you are a Science guy it's another to actually you know support science and not propaganda.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-05-07 13:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like Macron won
By Ruaumoko 2017-05-07 15:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Seems like Macron won
Slight understatement there, he wiped the floor with Le Pen.

65.5% to 34.5%.

That's not even close.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-07 15:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Still the best showing Le Pen's party has ever had.

Why Macron's victory is reassuring ... and yet not
CNN
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81