Random Politics & Religion #22

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #22
Random Politics & Religion #22
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-05 09:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

In actually good economic news:

U.S. job growth rebounds sharply, unemployment rate hits 4.4 percent

Sources are bad, especially when they aren't depicting the end of the world by Trump.

Quote:
U.S. job growth rebounded sharply in April and the unemployment rate dropped to 4.4 percent, near a 10-year low, pointing to a tightening labor market that could seal the case for an interest rate increase next month despite moderate wage growth.

Nonfarm payrolls surged by 211,000 jobs last month, the Labor Department said on Friday, well above the monthly average of 185,000 this year and a jump from the gain of 79,000 in March.

The job gains were broad-based, with hefty increases in leisure and hospitality, healthcare and social assistance as well as business and professional services.

The drop of one-tenth of a percentage point in the unemployment rate took it to its lowest level since May 2007. The decline reflected both an increase in hiring and people leaving the labor force.

"With continued solid job growth, the U.S. economic expansion will continue throughout 2017. The Fed will raise the federal funds rate again in mid-June as the economy is approaching full employment," said Gus Faucher, chief economist at PNC Financial in Pittsburgh.

The rebound in hiring supports the Federal Reserve's contention that the pedestrian 0.7 percent annualized economic growth pace in the first quarter was likely "transitory," and its optimism that economic activity would expand at a "moderate" pace.

The U.S. central bank on Wednesday kept its benchmark overnight interest rate, or federal funds rate, unchanged and said it expected labor market conditions would "strengthen somewhat further."

The Fed raised rates by a quarter of a percentage point in March and has forecast two more increases this year.

Prices of U.S. government debt fell after the employment data while U.S. stock index futures rose. The U.S. dollar .DXY initially gained against a basket of currencies before turning flat.

Average hourly earnings rose seven cents, or 0.3 percent, last month, partly because of a calendar quirk. While that lowered the year-on-year increase to 2.5 percent, the smallest since August 2016, there are signs that wage growth is accelerating as labor market slack diminishes.

Average hourly earnings increased 2.6 percent in March. A government report last week showed private sector wages recorded their biggest gain in 10 years in the first quarter.

FULL EMPLOYMENT

With the labor market expected to hit a level consistent with full employment this year, payroll gains could slow amid growing anecdotal evidence that firms are struggling to find qualified workers. That could also push up wages.

The economy needs to create 75,000 to 100,000 jobs per month to keep up with growth in the working-age population. Job growth averaged 178,000 per month in the first quarter.

Construction payrolls rose 5,000 last month and manufacturing employment advanced by 6,000 jobs. Leisure and hospitality payrolls jumped by 55,000 in April. Professional and business services payrolls rose by 39,000. Healthcare and social assistance employment increased by 36,800 jobs.

Retail payrolls gained 6,300 after two straight months of declines. Retailers including J.C. Penney Co Inc (JCP.N), Macy's Inc (M.N) and Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF.N) have announced thousands of layoffs as they shift toward online sales and scale back on brick-and-mortar operations.

Government payrolls jumped 17,000 last month as an increase in hiring by local governments offset a decline in federal government employment.

Other labor market measures also showed strength last month.

A broad measure of unemployment, which includes people who want to work but have given up searching and those working part-time because they cannot find full-time employment, dropped three-tenths of a percentage point to 8.6 percent, the lowest level since November 2007.

The employment-to-population ratio rose one-tenth of percentage point to a fresh eight-year high of 60.2 percent.

And yet, somehow, some people here are going to Blame Bush credit Obama for this.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 10:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I didn't go to Harvard but this 100% authentic Harvard sweater says otherwise.

For 39.99 I saved myself a lot of money and time.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-05-05 10:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
fonewear said: »
fonewear said: »
I suggest we build robot doctors and nurses and leave humans out of it !

And North Korea is going to pay for it!

They don't have any real doctors let alone robot ones !

It's not like Mexico has any border wall either!

Mexico isn't that bad just don't drink the water or get kidnapped by a drug cartel....
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 10:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If we really wanted to we could star a war with Mexico claim it as Newer Mexico and be done with it !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-05-05 10:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

0.3% you can tell Obama he can kiss 0.3% of my *** !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-05 10:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
And yet, somehow, some people here are going to credit Obama for this.

Unemployment has dropped by 0.3% since Trump is president, he can have the credit for that sure.
Consumer confidence has skyrocketed since Trump was elected. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that America elected a more business-friendly president than the last one, who actively sought every way possible to limit/punish success through additional taxes, bureaucratic and regulatory constraints, and outright attacking such success and implying that they wouldn't have been successful without his (and the federal government's) guidance. I'm sure it has everything to do with the same liberal narrative that business = bad because they say so.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-05-05 10:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with unemployment is it doesn't count the people that stopped looking for a job. So if they say unemployment is this or that. It doesn't account for people who basically can't find employment.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-05 10:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet, somehow, some people here are going to credit Obama for this.

Unemployment has dropped by 0.3% since Trump is president, he can have the credit for that sure.
Consumer confidence has skyrocketed since Trump was elected. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that America elected a more business-friendly president than the last one, who actively sought every way possible to limit/punish success through additional taxes, bureaucratic and regulatory constraints, and outright attacking such success and implying that they wouldn't have been successful without his (and the federal government's) guidance. I'm sure it has everything to do with the same liberal narrative that business = bad because they say so.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the article you linked or my comment.
So?

Are you going to deny that consumer confidence has risen dramatically since Trump was elected? Are you going to deny the reason why consumer confidence has risen dramatically because we finally have a business-friendly president who doesn't see businesses as a detriment to society (except when they donate to him, of course). Are you going to deny that the economy is improving at a slightly higher rate so far thanks largely to the dramatically increased consumer confidence level since Trump was elected?

Should I start calling you an economic denier too?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-05 10:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So?

Are you going to deny that consumer confidence has risen dramatically since Trump was elected? Are you going to deny the reason why consumer confidence has risen dramatically because we finally have a business-friendly president who doesn't see businesses as a detriment to society (except when they donate to him, of course). Are you going to deny that the economy is improving at a slightly higher rate so far thanks largely to the dramatically increased consumer confidence level since Trump was elected?

Should I start calling you an economic denier too?

You try to draw me into subjects I haven't even commented on for whatever reason. Take a deep breath and relax.
Here's your chance to comment on them.

You know, instead of wasting time circumventing the questions, how about answering them?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-05 11:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, instead of wasting time circumventing the questions, how about answering them?

No.
Ok then, Economic Denier #3.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-05 11:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever you say, Flavin.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-05-05 12:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Consumer confidence has risen since Trumps election... it took a hit when he he couldn't get the ACA repeal / replace through (the first time) as people aren't as confident he'll be able to get true reform through on healthcare and tax... it still remains high now though... whether it will rise again or not should reflect the passage of reform on those two issues...

It's also noted that the confidence is partisan as well... it has surged with republicans and decreased with democrats...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-05 13:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Consumer confidence up... basically an increase in feels lol.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-05 13:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Never underestimate the power of good morale.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-05 13:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump’s forbidden love: Single-payer health care
WaPo.

Interesting analysis.

And before you dismiss it Please remember that in the mid century to post Viet-Nam era, the Republicans would never permit a Democrat to open a dialog with China. But Nixon was allowed to.

Likewise, for decades the Democrats held onto the welfare state while Republicans could only chip away at it. Clinton, however, was allowed to nearly demolish it.

The Republicans would never allow a Democrat to institute single payer, will they allow Trump to?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-05 13:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Never underestimate the power of good morale feels.
By fonewear 2017-05-05 13:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Trump’s forbidden love: Single-payer health care
WaPo.

Interesting analysis.

And before you dismiss it Please remember that in the mid century to post Viet-Nam era, the Republicans would never permit a Democrat to open a dialog with China. But Nixon was allowed to.

Likewise, for decades the Democrats held onto the welfare state while Republicans could only chip away at it. Clinton, however, was allowed to nearly demolish it.

The Republicans would never allow a Democrat to institute single payer, will they allow Trump to?

When I saw forbidden love I was hoping it was about Trump dating Michelle Obama...
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 13:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is such a thing as feminism these women represent it not the hussies at Huff Post:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-05 13:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The stock market and economy in general are influenced greatly by "feels". It's a bit too reactionary for my tastes, but consumer confidence is very important and no condescending moniker can successfully minimize its effect.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 13:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The stock market and economy in general are influenced greatly by "feels". It's a bit too reactionary for my tastes, but consumer confidence is very important and no condescending moniker can successfully minimize its effect.

All manipulated with junk bonds you can't win !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 13:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just watch Mad Money with Jim Cramer guy is certified nuts but yet they give him a TV show...

You have no idea what it's like out there !
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-05 14:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll last up until people realize all those manufacturing jobs he promised to bring back only made up ~15% of those that were lost.

Unless he manages to convince companies to replace those super precise and efficient machines that ate up most of that pie.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-05 15:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The Simpsons’ Episode About Pokémon Go Will Not Air in Russia Due to Religious Controversy
Slate

Quote:
It looks like Russian audiences won’t be able to watch The Simpsons latest episode, “Looking for Mr. Goodbart,” anytime soon. The Russian cartoon-dominated network 2x2 has cancelled their planned broadcast of the episode, which centers around a Pokémon Go copycat called Peekimon Get, after clergy from the Russian Orthodox Church criticized a scene in which Homer plays the game in a church.

2x2’s decision to pull the episode, which aired in the U.S. on April 30, came shortly after criticism by clerics, as reported by Russia's government-run news agency TASS. “We don't show content that can compromise the channel or provoke an ambiguous reaction in society, that to put it simply breaks the country's legislation,” the channel’s public relations director told Agence France Presse.

The episode is reminiscent of the real-life case of Russian YouTuber Ruslan Sokolovsky, who was arrested last year over a video in which he is seen playing Pokémon Go in the Church of All Saints in Yekaterinburg. “But, you know, I didn't catch the rarest Pokémon that you could find there, Jesus,” says Sokolovsky at the end of the recording. “They said it doesn't even exist, so I'm not really surprised.”

Sokolovsky is currently facing a jail sentence of three and a half years for offending religious believers.
By fonewear 2017-05-05 21:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought FFXIAH was bad then I took a view of the political section on reddit...good God man it's worse than here !

The list of rules and limits on what you can actually say...why the hell do people go there ?
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81