Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 141 142 143
 Midgardsormr.Epics
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: syztems
By Midgardsormr.Epics 2020-07-16 03:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet thanks guys I just found the tropical ones tonight. Definitely needed it.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-16 10:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best weapon combo for Aeolian Edge (using Orpheus Sash, not Hachirin)? Levante/Daybreak?
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-16 10:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i use Tauret + Levante. i usually do about 28-30k in omen with it. usually me and my bard friend do it where i just grab everything, and its Lullaby > Aeolian > Lullaby > Aeolian to clear packs.

i still havent sat down with a COR+GEO+SMN to see how high i can push it, but i can probably get it to the point where i could oneshot pulls in omen easily.
VIP
By Lili 2020-07-16 12:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
What's the best weapon combo for Aeolian Edge (using Orpheus Sash, not Hachirin)? Levante/Daybreak?

Tauret + Thibron lets you spam it at 1k for maximum cleave.
If you're running around, sleeping, engaging, moving, etc, thus not firing asap at 1k, Tauret+Daybreak likely wins.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-07-16 12:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

how the hell do you do 30k with AE? o.o apparently im behind the times..
By SimonSes 2020-07-16 13:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
i use Tauret + Levante. i usually do about 28-30k in omen with it. usually me and my bard friend do it where i just grab everything, and its Lullaby > Aeolian > Lullaby > Aeolian to clear packs.

i still havent sat down with a COR+GEO+SMN to see how high i can push it, but i can probably get it to the point where i could oneshot pulls in omen easily.

Mobs in Omen has like 16-17k hp. How you not one shot them doing 28-30k? Unless you mean tran mobs there.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-07-16 13:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

could oneshot pulls in omen easily.

Think they meant one shot the whole pull. Tran mobs included.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-16 13:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »
could oneshot pulls in omen easily.

Think they meant one shot the whole pull. Tran mobs included.

that is indeed what i meant. since we have time for me to hit 3k since hes just gonna lulaby; i dont bother with the thib and instead go for maximum damage potential.

iirc tran mobs are closer to 50-60k hp. one day ill go in with a GEO/COR and see what happens
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-16 13:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
how the hell do you do 30k with AE? o.o apparently im behind the times..

ItemSet 374424

Quote:
{name="Chironic Slippers", augments={'"Conserve MP"+2','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+2','Weapon skill damage +8%','Mag. Acc.+6 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+36',}},

Edited: the set instead of being lazy lmao.
By Crossbones 2020-07-16 18:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been offhanding daybreak with tauret for AE. Doesn't have the wind affinity but has a lot more MAB, magic damage, and macc.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-07-16 19:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea think I remember Levante losing for everything, but boosting an enaero on Crocea these days?
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-16 20:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Yea think I remember Levante losing for everything, but boosting an enaero on Crocea these days?

so a friend and i were playing with it just now, and oddly enough under full buffs, im not getting much more damage, but the levante dagger + daybreak is actually beating tauret+levante for me right now. tauret Levante was getting barely 40k under full buffs with a geo+cor, and Tauret + daybreak slightly more, but Levante +daybreak was getting 48k. i was expecting in the 50k range so im gonna need to dig into why i wasnt seeing that.

playing with sword went much better tho

Seraph was able to get to damage cap with 2.4kish tp

RLB Still struggled at 3k to catch up

Sanguine blade was the clear winner at 1k tp tho. i still dont have an archon ring which would have been a big jump in damage.
By Crossbones 2020-07-16 20:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see levante maybe being better for lower level mobs but for wave 3 and such I feel tauret/daybreak for the much higher mab and macc. I also have friends who tested levante and they swear it's weaker in all situations. Seems like a very strange weapon with so many people getting different results.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-16 20:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
I can see levante maybe being better for lower level mobs but for wave 3 and such I feel tauret/daybreak for the much higher mab and macc. I also have friends who tested levante and they swear it's weaker in all situations. Seems like a very strange weapon with so many people getting different results.

i just need to sit down and play with it hard for like a day to see if i was just having flukes. we didnt do an insane amount of testing at all.
 Midgardsormr.Epics
By Midgardsormr.Epics 2020-07-17 08:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow man my savage blades do like 5k damage I didn't know red mages could do 50-99k damage. What are y'all weapons Killing in !?

Also what should I be looking for on a Grioavolr staff for enfeebling and nuking?

Atm I stopped at a single int +11 20 magic acc 4 enfeeble staff. I'm not sure what I should be aiming for in terms of perfect rolls
By SimonSes 2020-07-17 08:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Epics said: »
Wow man my savage blades do like 5k damage I didn't know red mages could do 50-99k damage. What are y'all weapons Killing in !?

Also what should I be looking for on a Grioavolr staff for enfeebling and nuking?

Atm I stopped at a single int +11 20 magic acc 4 enfeeble staff. I'm not sure what I should be aiming for in terms of perfect rolls

Rdm can do high magic ws because of Crocea Mors path C. Its a SU5 weapon that almost double up Magic WS damage. On top of that for damage on screenshot you also need GEO and COR buffs and obviously great ws sets.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-17 08:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Crocea Mors Path C gives +500% Enspell damage and +100 elemental weaponskill damage
Daybreak club gives +50 light affinity (basically =30% more damage)
Weatherspoon ring gives +11 Light affinity too
Orpheus's sash gives +1-15 affinity based on distance

so in total you can get about 2.75x damage.

getting to 999999 damage with seraph usually takes 2-3k tp depending on if you have the weatherspoon ring or not (i dont)

For savage blade - in a full buff situation my average is like 40-50k in ambuscade if were using COR GEO BRD. it was actually causing us a ton of problems during the velkk ambuscade cause i kept getting over the 42k damage limit and leveling it up. wound up having to severely nerf my savage blades because of it

your big weapons to aim for on redmage are

1. Crocea Mors (200k gil)
2. Day break (lilith HTBF)
3. Naegling (ambuscade)
4. Sequence (if you cant get the naegling)

for your staff, get the enfeebling path done first - the nuking path is easily replaced and out done with the daybreak+amurapi shield combination
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Epics
By Midgardsormr.Epics 2020-07-17 08:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh alright. Definitely don't have crocea so I just use naegling and savage blade.

I was wondering if you guys could help me choose upgrade paths for gear as well

Should buy a duelist torque +2 now or keep saving for a crocea? My neck now is sanctity necklace for 10 Macc. All of my af/relic is +1 except +2 body which I'm saving cards for +3.

I'm not sure if I should be saving for crocea more or upgrading my armor first or getting the duelist torque first.

Edit: awesome I didn't know daybreak was that good. I have one arm and recently got the shield you mentioned. I'll be nuking in that instead from now on
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-17 08:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Rdm can do high magic ws because of Crocea Mors path C. Its a SU5 weapon that almost double up Magic WS damage. On top of that for damage on screenshot you also need GEO and COR buffs and obviously great ws sets.

worth noting that without COR Buffs and without the weatherspoon ring, i was able to get 89k on seraph; i think it might be possible to hit 99k without even a corsair at 3k if i gave up my kyarieh ring.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2020-07-17 08:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

3. Naegling (ambuscade)

for your staff, get the enfeebling path done first - the nuking path is easily replaced and out done with the daybreak+amurapi shield combination
200k su5 weapons on your server?!?! its 150 mil on asura.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-17 08:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh alright. Definitely don't have crocea so I just use naegling and savage blade.

I was wondering if you guys could help me choose upgrade paths for gear as well

Should buy a duelist torque +2 now or keep saving for a crocea? My neck now is sanctity necklace for 10 Macc. All of my af/relic is +1 except +2 body which I'm saving cards for +3.

I'm not sure if I should be saving for crocea more or upgrading my armor first or getting the duelist torque first.

Edit: awesome I didn't know daybreak was that good. I have one arm and recently got the shield you mentioned. I'll be nuking in that instead from now on

duelist torque first for sure. you can make due with a vitation sword path C for a good long while (400 enspell and 75% ws damage).

for artifact - get your body and hands first
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-17 08:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
Quote:

3. Naegling (ambuscade)

200k su5 weapons on your server?!?! its 150 mil on asura.

lol my bad; its been a while since i bought mine
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-17 08:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

oh yea daybreak is damn near a REMA weapon in terms of how OP it is.
 Midgardsormr.Epics
By Midgardsormr.Epics 2020-07-17 08:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help guys. I'll be getting that duelist torque today.
By Crossbones 2020-07-17 09:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you make a tp bonus offhand magian sword for your savage blade set. Machera +2 or thibron, savage blade ftp basically doubles from 1k to 2k so just having that offhand will about double your ws avg.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-17 19:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If your goal is to do as much damage with Seraph Blade as possible (DPS, not per WS), is it better to do Crocea/Daybreak and save TP to ~1750, or Crocea/Thibron and WS at 1000?
By Crossbones 2020-07-17 19:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably depends what you fight and when. Don't think spamming it on wave 3 volte will produce good numbers, both due to ws decay and lower offhand stats. The ftp does jump a lot from 1 to 2k but a lot of times you end up over tping anyway so that gets wasted.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-17 19:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If your goal is to do as much damage with Seraph Blade as possible (DPS, not per WS), is it better to do Crocea/Daybreak and save TP to ~1750, or Crocea/Thibron and WS at 1000?

daybreak is a 50% affinity modifier, along with a massive amount of MND and Magic attack bonus, and magic accuracy to stop resistances. i dont think it would lose out to thibron; if you are in a situation where you HAVE to use elemental damage- use sanguine instead. its arguably our strongest 1k tp weaponskill anyways in unbuffed situations. it will outperform seraph and red lotus unless the target is dark resistant.

its arguably able to outperform savage unless your being hyper buffed by bards, and if your doing DD Buffs VS Magic buffs, Sanguine beats out savage imo. most people arent going to be hitting 60-70k savages on rdm, but 60-70k is totally feasible on rdm for sanguine blades

have your bards do March Min Min Mad, cor does Sam Wiz, and geo does MDEF Down and MAB Up. will just absolutely destroy.
 Midgardsormr.Epics
By Midgardsormr.Epics 2020-07-17 23:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

daybreak is a 50% affinity modifier, along with a massive amount of MND and Magic attack bonus, and magic accuracy to stop resistances. i dont think it would lose out to thibron; if you are in a situation where you HAVE to use elemental damage- use sanguine instead. its arguably our strongest 1k tp weaponskill anyways in unbuffed situations. it will outperform seraph and red lotus unless the target is dark resistant.

its arguably able to outperform savage unless your being hyper buffed by bards, and if your doing DD Buffs VS Magic buffs, Sanguine beats out savage imo. most people arent going to be hitting 60-70k savages on rdm, but 60-70k is totally feasible on rdm for sanguine blades

have your bards do March Min Min Mad, cor does Sam Wiz, and geo does MDEF Down and MAB Up. will just absolutely destroy.

I thought it said light modifier , does that mean offhand daybreak buffs all magic weapon skills since it buffs sanguine?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-07-17 23:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It buffs all magical WSs because of the MAB Mdmg on it.
Has Light Affinity +50, so boosts Seraph even more though
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 141 142 143