Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143
 Odin.Lawii
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2023-09-18 06:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know "Enfeebling Magic Duration" only works on spells that are in the enfeebling school.

Dark Magic like Bio Stun, as well as elemental magic like the elemental debuffs and impact do not get any benefit from Enfeebling Magic Duration, Merits or the Augment Composure set bonus.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-18 07:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah just noticed in my Lua Bio uses my Dark Magic Skill set, meaning when I created the Lua I already did some researches about it and assigned it to the right set, but eventually forgot myself lol

Altough there's the exception of Klimaform. It's a "buff" but it's Dark Magic based not enhancing. Yet Composure works on it for some reason.

Edit:
Nope, retested but duration is fixed regardless of composure or AF3 comp bonus, as expected.
 Odin.Lawii
By Odin.Lawii 2023-09-18 07:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this will help, but you only need 26 dark magic skill to cap out the DoT when you are m50, so really you can make that a really heavy DT set.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-18 08:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

@Sechs just FYI, Enfeebling duration bonus is not the same term as Composure. They are multiplicative. And like enhancing duration, augment bonus is multiplicative with native duration bonus. So Kishar/Snotra are a separate term than +2 JSE neck.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-18 09:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah assumed there to be at least two separate terms, didn't expect so many though.

Either way, I'm still wondering why I'm noticing such shorter duration on Frazzle III compared to everything else.
Does the hypothesys I made (resist on dark based?) make any sense?
That doesn't explain why Blind II never gets resisted though, that's dark-based too and yet I've experienced the full duration every bloody time.

Still, sample is small (8 runs? 10?) so it's not entirely unlikely for it to be a coincidence but I'm a bit skeptic on that.
 Odin.Lawii
By Odin.Lawii 2023-09-18 10:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a around 9 mins and 30 seconds with composure up on this set.
ItemSet 361752
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-18 10:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

9mins and 30 on VD Shinryu? Because that's what we're talking about.
My set is similar, including R30 Obstinate Sash, but given how I'm not ML50 yet I use Contemplator +1 R15 and Enki strap to reach the necessary skill level, oh and Vor Earring on Ear1 and Kishar on Ring2.
Last but not least Lethargy+3 legs instead of Chironic (despite having very good Chironic) because Frazzle is not subject to Immunobreaks.

So compared to your set I can count a bit less macc, more enf skill (which converts to macc to a certain ratio though) and more duration.
 Odin.Lawii
By Odin.Lawii 2023-09-18 11:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No sorry, I should have been more clear. Not on VD Shinryu, I can try that later today though.

Yeah, my Chironic are still my best Macc piece for enfeebling.

What is your duration on Frazzle on Shinryu?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-18 11:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lawii said: »
No sorry, I should have been more clear. Not on VD Shinryu, I can try that later today though.

Yeah, my Chironic are still my best Macc piece for enfeebling.

What is your duration on Frazzle on Shinryu?
I didn't exactly time it out with precise timestamps, but I can confront it to when it wears off, and it does so before Addle/Slow/Blind which all wear off at the same time.
Distract instead usually doesn't wears off because the fight is over before that (over 11 mins duration after all).

Frazzle3 wears at, I dunno, around 6 mins I suppose? Which at a wild guess is gotta be roughly half the intended duration (see Distract3, same set and same base duration and lasts over 11 mins)

This is what made me come up with the hypothesys of half duration because of a resist but of course I could be wrong.
 Odin.Lawii
By Odin.Lawii 2023-09-18 12:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Understood, I will try and get some testing in today after work.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-18 12:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a chance that maybe it gets a guaranteed resist state where it is automatically 1/2 duration no matter what, but outside of that, minimum duration unresisted should be around 300 seconds (6) minutes even with no gear.

Resist states can 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8th the duration after you apply.

A sabo'd Frazzle III with Empy hands/body, JSE neck +2, Snotra, Kishar Ring, Obstinate Sash, should have a base duration of, no duration merits:

((240 * 1.39) + 20) * 1.2 * 1.25 * 1.25 = 663 seconds (11 minutes 3 seconds)

1/2 resist would be ~5:32
1/4 resist would be ~2:46
1/8 resist would be ~1:23

Edit: Multipliers are as follows
1.39 = Saboteur with +3 empy hands (NM calc)
1.2 = Composure bonus
1.25 = Bonus from JSE neck augment
1.25 = Bonus from gear that lists duration (Kishar, Snotra, Ob Sash)

Edit2: I'll add that in my experience, Frazzle has (anectdotally) a higher rate of being resisted than other enfeebles imo. I haven't actually collected any data on it, but I notice it getting resisted a lot more than other debuffs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-18 13:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno. Frazzle and Distract have an innate macc bonus (so the Devs said long ago) but they can't immunobreak.

If this is really a situation of Shinryu getting half resist on Frazzle3 (and it could be I guess, but THIS consistently? Hmmm...) then is it something specifically against Frazzle? Can't be against "dark based" because the same is not happening to BlindII, so...

I dunno what else to think.
 Odin.Lawii
By Odin.Lawii 2023-09-18 16:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

First attempt (I had never attempted this BC Solo or on RDM)so I was a little unprepared, but won haha.

Frazzle did last less then 5mins, I was in a high Macc set and ate a crepe. (Logs rolled out, will record the next fight)

Blind lasted 6mins 39 seconds.

Second fight I got two frazzles in both lasted 4:49

Which is ~40% base duration.
[+]
By Argisto 2023-09-18 21:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
If this is really a situation of Shinryu getting half resist on Frazzle3 (and it could be I guess, but THIS consistently? Hmmm...) then is it something specifically against Frazzle? Can't be against "dark based" because the same is not happening to BlindII, so...

On jp wiki there is a theory posted about how enfeebling magic that can immunobreak has its own resistance ranks separate from elemental resistance ranks when it comes to enemies. This could possibly explain why Blind lands consistently for full duration while Frazzle, having to rely on elemental resistance ranks, is guaranteed a half resist. If you translate the page it's under Abnormal Satus Resistance.

The above lines up with personal experience but I have not been able to find any testing to support/refute it.

Edit: half, not full resist
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-19 01:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I guess this explanation sorta does make... sense?
Would explain why BlindII is not getting resisted despite being the same element as FrazzleIII.
And of course it does make sense that DiaIII is not getting resisted either because dia can't be resisted after all.

So this fits with the "Shinryu takes half dark/light damage" mentioned by Geriond a few posts before.
Yes I know resistance is not "damage" but of course in this case the things are linked together.

I don't have the means to do it but to confirm this resistance ranks theory on Shinryu VD all you'd need would be a RUN with Darkx3 Rayke and then let the RDM do the same job and see how long Frazzle III lasts.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-19 10:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lawii said: »
First attempt (I had never attempted this BC Solo or on RDM)so I was a little unprepared, but won haha.

Frazzle did last less then 5mins, I was in a high Macc set and ate a crepe. (Logs rolled out, will record the next fight)

Blind lasted 6mins 39 seconds.

Second fight I got two frazzles in both lasted 4:49

Which is ~40% base duration.

Can you post your gear that you use when casting Frazzle III? Was it saboteur'd?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-19 11:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

She posted gear used a few posts ago. Her numbers are in line with mine. Mine last a bit longer but that's because I have more enf duration in my miscast set.

Seems consistent that frazzle always lasts half its supposed duration.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-19 11:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

She posted gear used a few posts ago. Her numbers are in line with mine. Mine last a bit longer but that's because I have more enf duration in my miscast set.

Seems consistent that frazzle always lasts half its supposed duration.

Thanks I didn't see that.

I'm getting only 8:42 duration on that set without Saboteur. If I add Kishar Ring duration, it comes out to ~9:31. 1/2 resist would put 8:42 down to 4:21 pretty much. 9:31 1/2 resist would be 4:46, which seems in line with durations and resist state.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-19 11:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You're getting that duration on shinryu VD?
Small reminder because that's what we're talking about here, not frazzle duration in general
 Odin.Lawii
By Odin.Lawii 2023-09-19 11:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I used with out sabo.
ItemSet 361752

Sabo just added some extra variables that I did not want to deal with at the time.

Outside on a normal mob it lasted ~9mins and 30 seconds.
Same set on VD Shin several times I was at 4 mins 49 seconds.

Added note, my first cast was with Murgleis and shield, the second cast on Shin was with Crocea Mors and Gleti's knife.

I am willing to change the setup and give it some more tries later today.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-19 13:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No I’m not. Just putting the math out there. 4:49 is in line with a 1/2 resist if you’re seeing ~9:35 on other mobs.

If this is always true, then you’ve got a good case for saying it always at least 1/2 resists.
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Server: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2023-09-19 13:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just asking, only b/c whatever I can add is largely allegorical, whats your duration in full emp+2/3 w/ 100% duration kit? Empy 5/5 sabo/ composure set bonuses should put you @ 100% duration on any nq trash and either give you a near identical or better time. I've only stress-tested Sleep 1 and 2 for t1-2 v25 adds and got more predicable times w/ full/ half resist in mind, and ended up in the 9~10 minute range on nq mobs iirc, but the goal was keeping adds out of play as long as possible. The fugazi on composure and sabo and how they multiply the effectiveness Sabo casts is a bit over my head to maff out, but the 100% duration kit (5/5 emp+3, obstinate sash r30, kishar ring, snotra ear, and Duelist +2neck)was the base set, and I backfilled stat vomit and m.acc/skill in w/e equip needed to be filled, with no "effect" prioritized. Best of luck~
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-19 13:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Composure, Enfeebling Duration, and Enfeebling Duration on augments are 3 separate multipliers on duration, so it's not 100%.

It ends up being an effective 134% duration boost.

Saboteur is different, it applies only to the base duration of the enfeeble, so merits for duration and job points aren't applied, but it's either 114% for a regular mob, or 39% for an NM on the duration.

so a sabo'd Sleep 1 with duration merits on an add in odyssey would be:

((60 * 1.39) + 20 + 30) * 1.50 * 1.25 * 1.25 = 312 seconds = 5 minutes 12 seconds

That same sleep on a regular mob:
((60 * 2.14) + 20 + 30) * 1.50 * 1.25 * 1.25 = 418 seconds = 6 minutes 58 seconds

Sleep II has a base duration of 90 seconds, so it does end up in the 9-10 minute range on normal mobs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-19 14:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think 4/5 Empy+3 plus Regal Cuffs might be even more duration but I'm not sure, haven't mathed it out nor tested it out.

You also get additional duration from Obstinate Sash, Sroda Earring and Kishar Ring. Plus of course a whole 25% from +2 neck.

Also guys don't forget Saboteur is 100% duration bonus on normal monsters, but "only" 25% on NMs, and it applies only to the base duration of spells.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-19 14:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

When saboteur is down it is, but not when sabo is up.

Sleep 1, Sabo, NM, Regal Cuffs instead of Empy Hands:
((60 * 1.25) + 20 + 30) * 1.35 * 1.45 * 1.25 = 305 seconds = 5 minutes 5 seconds

Sleep 1, Sabo, Regal Cuffs instead of Empy Hands:
((60 * 2) + 20 + 30) * 1.35 * 1.45 * 1.25 = 415 seconds = 6 minutes 55 seconds
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-19 14:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also guys don't forget Saboteur is 100% duration bonus on normal monsters, but "only" 25% on NMs, and it applies only to the base duration of spells.

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Saboteur is different, it applies only to the base duration of the enfeeble, so merits for duration and job points aren't applied, but it's either 114% for a regular mob, or 39% for an NM on the duration.

I accounted for that, but since he was asking about 5/5 Empy set, I included the bonus from Empy hands.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-19 15:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for multi-posting, but this is what I'm using at ML40 for Distract/Frazzle III:

ItemSet 386317

Grio = INT 4 macc 30 enfeebling skill 15 (Obtainable with Pellucid stones)
Sucellos = MND 30 macc

At ML40 skill = 625 (so capped).
Max Potency gear

With enfeebling duration merits an unresisted cast should result in the following:

On NM: 12:28, 6:14 1/2 resist, 3:07 1/4 resist
On Regular Mob: 18:01, 9:00 1/2 resist, 4:30 1/4 resist

If Shinryu is guaranteed 1/2 resist, that should improve on your current duration by almost 2 minutes.

Edit: Sorry, calculated for 4 pieces of Empy, not 3. Corrected now.
 Shiva.Seraphione
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Seraphione 2023-09-19 17:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Argisto said: »
On jp wiki there is a theory posted about how enfeebling magic that can immunobreak has its own resistance ranks separate from elemental resistance ranks when it comes to enemies. This could possibly explain why Blind lands consistently for full duration while Frazzle, having to rely on elemental resistance ranks, is guaranteed a half resist. If you translate the page it's under Abnormal Satus Resistance.

The above lines up with personal experience but I have not been able to find any testing to support/refute it.

Edit: half, not full resist
I think this theory is correct. Lady Lilith, for example, always takes a few immunobreak for Paralyze to land, while Distract lands very easily.

Odin seems to be another good example. His wind resistance rank is 70% but it always takes some immunobreak before Silence can land. I just went in Odin D with /blm to do a small test. Unsurprisingly, an Elemental Seal Silence got fully resisted. I think this confirms that his Silence resistance rank is indeed either 5% or 10%.

(Then I died because I forgot I did not have shadow and was too late in trying to Stymie Bind him. I also forgot I could Chainspell warp since I have not used that for many years lol).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-20 01:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if landing Frazzle 2 before Frazzle 3 would make any difference?
Because by the time Frazzle3 hits, it would find a Shinryu with approx 50 meva less than when you try to land F3 directly.
Would that make any difference in the resistance chance calculations?

Because with the number of attempts that have been reported here so far, while still a small sample, its 1/2 resistance rate seems to be incredibly consistant, strangely enough with its full resist rate (which, at least to me, happened only once in VD, but the 1/2 resistance was active in D already)
 Shiva.Seraphione
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Seraphione 2023-09-20 06:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It appears that Shinryu’s dark resistance rank is 50%, which in theory guarantees (at least) half resist irrespective of Macc and Meva. Since Frazzle 2 does not lower its resistance rank but only its Meva, I am not sure if that helps.

If you are not using Stymie for something else, Stymie Frazzle III is probably better since Stymie bypasses resistance ranks. For example, for last month’s Ambuscade V1 we could just Stymie Sleepga all the giants even though their resistance rank was 5% which normally guarantees full resist.

Edit: Stymie does not bypass resistance rank. It effect seems to be preventing full resist of enfeebles (with the exceptions of Resist! proc and complete immunity), which takes priority over the forced full resist by rank 5% mobs, but does not influence the forced resistance level +1 from ranks below 50% (which is why we always get at least half resisted no matter how high our Macc is).

So if Shinryu is indeed rank 50%, there seems to be no way to get around the guaranteed half resist.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143