user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-11 01:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Really? It still says Mikage +5
Yeah they haven't fixed it.
JP text is fine.
It's Migawari+5, not Mikage +5.
After all it would've been strange otherwise, no Ambuscade cape boosts SP abilities.
By protectorchrono 2016-05-11 02:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
So, checking the new sword dat:

It's a lightsaber, by which I mean when you don't have it drawn, it's just the handle, and when you engage, it has a special animation where the blade emerges

YouTube Video Placeholder

PS: no i dont have one, just a dat swap.

That poor level 1 Hornet tho...
 Shiva.Nokturnall
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2016-05-11 06:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »
Shiva.Nokturnall said: »
When doing ambuscade V1 and 2, it randomly tells me someone in the party doesn't meet the necessary prerequisites to enter. We all have the KI (checked about 4 times each time this happened), and I didn't put our names on the waiting list until everyone was in the zone. Nobody left, nobody zoned out, changed jobs, etc. This happened twice out of six fights and I was unable to enter us within the allotted time. Anyone else experiencing this?

Move your party closer to the ambuscade book. When I had a few people at the homepoint, I was receiving the same message.

Interesting. That very well may be it. Some of the members were at the homepoint. Thanks for the advice!
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-05-11 07:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said: »
is there a way to find a recipe for crafting the new weapons? i'm wondering if they are a cheap opportunity to skill up to 110 or even craft-able by 100, its been about 2 years since i played, and to find how to craft things was ether a trip to wiki or talking to the guys in the guild for an hour...
I always post a recipe thread on bg to gather information before adding them to the wiki. Here you go.
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/128585-New-Recipes-May-10th-2016-Version-Update
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-11 08:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless the Trust buff was intended (and I can't see how it was), they'll probably emergency patch it. I mean, Joachim has a 100% RACC hit rate and hits for 90+ per stone (which is still laughable, but compared to never landing on ilvl mobs, that's a jump). It was funny to see him actually put to use, since all he's doing is throwing away my trav. stones.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-11 10:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an emergency maintenance for late tonight, perhaps they are fixing it. Better use it today while you have the chance.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-11 11:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking forward to this maintenance... Having a COR/PLD/etc trust interrupt my self SC's with his ***dmg ws was driving me nuts.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-11 11:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-%28NO-DISCUSSION%29?p=6696899#post6696899

SE via Kincard said:
Ambuscade Entry (2016/5/11)

Some JP said:
I attempted to enter a Chapter 1 battle after a Chapter 2 battle in a 3-person party. Twice we were rejected with the message that one of our members is not qualified to enter. We continued having this issue even after changing areas.

One of our members had a key item saved from before the update, so I don’t know if that might be related.

With all the waiting involved it was quite frustrating. We’re wondering if this is a common occurrence for anyone else?

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have found that there are some bugs based off how a party is formed. We will be performing a maintenance on 5/12 (Thursday) 14:00 JST to fix this issue, so we hope players can wait a bit longer.
 Sylph.Shikkousha
user: Ikariffxi
By Sylph.Shikkousha 2016-05-11 12:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I, for one, welcome our new Trust overlords. I soloed AA Mithra Tough with my mediocre equipment in under ten minutes.
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2016-05-11 13:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »
t is a tremendous shame that Usukane doesn't have a lick of -dt on it
The set Savael put its a wonderfull TP/WS set. Yeah i probably never will see a set like that. I would need Solid Static End game Linkshell with amazing set up, probably i can't even use WAR in those Fights.

For Noobs like me play with trust or with 2 - 3 people. Sulevia+1 was a god sent for the Acu/Attack and the -DT set. I can hit -50% with small sacrifices in my "Leage".

This lolusukane set outside of Acu/Attack its terrible because Not -Damage taken reduction set put in a huge disvantaje SAM, MNK and PUP. They will need change their -DT before a Mob TP move, sometimes will be too late and they will get One Shoted. Instead of those ridicolous stats DW, Critical parry or Martial Arts adding -26% Damage taken reduction should put this set at decent level.

They will be forced /NIN and NIN Mains have relative security but a lot of Boss TP moves are AoE and Remove Shaadows so even ninja will suffer =/. I was thinking square enix was trying fix the mele jobs making them more resistent but i see sadly its not the case, they are putting set outside of their ***.

I can't even imagine the next sets, having BST, THF and RNG. Unless the set have 40 RA/RACC and 40attack/40 accu per piece that set will be even worse than this.

what's your setup? (job, trust, etc.)
 Fenrir.Loynis
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-11 13:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I am in both camps. It's nice that I can now solo things like the UNM colibri, but I can't tank anything evasive now because I can't hit it while they can, meaning I can't tank and have to be a (bad) DD PLD...

I should see if I can do ADL now, if I'm lucky I could get my marrows without paying.
 Phoenix.Gentlewolf
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Gentlewolf 2016-05-11 13:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »
When doing ambuscade V1 and 2, it randomly tells me someone in the party doesn't meet the necessary prerequisites to enter. We all have the KI (checked about 4 times each time this happened), and I didn't put our names on the waiting list until everyone was in the zone. Nobody left, nobody zoned out, changed jobs, etc. This happened twice out of six fights and I was unable to enter us within the allotted time. Anyone else experiencing this?

Move your party closer to the ambuscade book. When I had a few people at the homepoint, I was receiving the same message.

Interesting. That very well may be it. Some of the members were at the homepoint. Thanks for the advice!

I have a thread about this up: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48824/intense-ambuscade-issue/

It seems like for some players it doesn't matter if you are at the home point or your character is standing on top of the book, you still get the error message. Perhaps this is what emergency maintenance is for. Hopefully not about trusts :P
 Valefor.Cosworthrs
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Cosworthrs 2016-05-11 14:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So the trust buff is quite interesting, took down wave 1(Tiger) of Sinister Reign in 8 minutes on sam with Trion(took little to no dmg), joachim(hit every ranged attack), ulmia, koru-moru, apururu.... screwed up on wave 2, but can totally see soloing this content if the trust buff is not a mistake
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-11 14:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the increased stats (and more difficult mechanics) with each wave, an 8 minute wave 1 isn't fast enough to beat SR with any reliability.
By ibm2431 2016-05-11 15:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Given the increased stats (and more difficult mechanics) with each wave, an 8 minute wave 1 isn't fast enough to beat SR with any reliability.

Not to mention you'd have to pray for Sajj'aka on third wave. Super Arciela will kill at least half your party with Marine Mayhem, and you have no counter to August's No Quarter on SAM (at least I don't think Hobaku executes fast enough).

Edit: Although it should be mentioned that you can probably change trusts between waves, which could be a very handy thing to take advantage of. August would be a matter of hoping Zeid doesn't waste his Stun on something dumb.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-11 15:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Arciela wave 3 will probably kill your party with her magic damage auto attacks before she manages to summon the shark. She really messes August up.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-05-11 15:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So was the trust buff intentional? Seems like a very significant boost especially since the Alter ego campaign doesn't start for 2 more days...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-05-11 15:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You could probably still take out August by just sacrificing a trust tank or two with No Quarter (though might want to use two trust tanks before start of round 3, in case he lives long enough to do multiple times).

For Arciela, doomga from tree also sucks if the trusts don't resist with their campaign resistance+. And yeah, Marine Mayhem would basically kill all the trusts since they won't get in position to avoid. However, you might still get lucky in that even if you DO get Arciela she won't necessarily summon those two.

FWIW, anyone who has PUP tanked SR runs into the same issues with those two moves (sometimes automaton and trust share some battle quirks), making round 3 Arciela by far the most annoying opponent. Though for PUP you can just activate a fresh automaton when one dies, and mid-fight trust re-summoning isn't something you can do here.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-05-11 16:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

To my knowledge you cannot resist the doom from Tree period
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-05-11 16:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
For Arciela, doomga from tree also sucks if the trusts don't resist with their campaign resistance+. And yeah, Marine Mayhem would basically kill all the trusts since they won't get in position to avoid. However, you might still get lucky in that even if you DO get Arciela she won't necessarily summon those two.

You can usually get most (if not occasionally all) trusts safe from Marine Mayhem by standing on Tchakka and disengaging so they run to you. Yumcax is pretty much guaranteed to cause problems though. Since you have warning in chat, you can preemptively unlock and run behind Arciela - if shark disengage, if others book to the other side of the arena.

Amchuchu tanks her fine otherwise, or really tanks SR fairly well in general. August seemed to do noticeably worse, even in earlier rounds, when I tried him last time there was a trust campaign.

Like you said though, facing August is largely just a matter of kill speed. Easier if trusts have the auto-RR thing, but they aren't listed as having it this campaign.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-05-11 16:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

August takes 2x (or some increased amount) of damage from dark magic. If Arciella's autos are magic damage based on her hand color, that would explain why he takes so much.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-05-11 16:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Shantotto II's Melee hits considered magical or physical?
 Asura.Kurganprime
user: Kurgan
By Asura.Kurganprime 2016-05-11 16:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I've cleared a few SR runs with only trusts, but so far none where August appears. Best I've done against him is got him down to about 20% before he does a 2nd No Quarter (or even a 3rd one if you call two tank trusts).

Easiest run I've had so far that I've cleared twice is Arciela/Ygnas > Teodor > Sajj'aka. I think I had another run that had Rosulatia that I cleared, as well, but she's still a tough fight for having only trusts.

I haven't had too much trouble with Darrcuiln, Ingrid, or Morimar at all. I haven't gotten Arciela in round 3 yet.

So the current trust buff definitely makes SR possible, but it's still best to be done with a group of real players. Not to mention you should probably exercise some politeness and if there are groups doing SR, let them go in first.
[+]
 Asura.Kurganprime
user: Kurgan
By Asura.Kurganprime 2016-05-11 16:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »

Definitely magical. When in Abyssea, her melee attacks give amber lights when it finishes a mob.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-11 16:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Magic. Incidentally, if any of the trusts use those magic melee hits (Arciela, August's bow, Teodor's hand, etc) to get a kill in Abyssea, it'll earn you Amber light.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-05-11 17:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Confirmed SR clear x4 out of 7 with just trusts!

Dancer (Mastered) with Amchuchu, Arciela 1, Ingird2, Mihi (I have Sylvie) and Joach~

I got lucky with most of them since i ended up killing Super Arciela 2 out of 4 times and no Tree nor Shark appeared~

I beat August once and Sajj'aka once, August was a pain since Achuchu died and I had to kite and double darkness him twice!

I was also lucky on second wave and didn't get Rousa on winning runs..

Arciela 1 saved the day tbh and I dont think this method (solo with trusts) is recommended unless you're trying it out for the fun of it..
But it was awesome seeing Super Arciela hitting amchuchu for 40 DMG XD

Trust parameters are surly capped and Ingrid 2 was a beast ~

Not to mention, I tried Ambuscade Demons on [D] as a Master Scholar and managed to clear it every time with just trusts as well.

Amchuchu, Arciela 1, Ingrid 2, Shantotto 2, Mihi was the setup I used.
Helix 2 on Taurus must be applied and Nuke it down but dont kill then switch to Demon and let them handle it with ws's and once Demon is dead Taurus will have like one shot due to Helix and you can easily finish it off!

Reisenjima NM like Oryx, Belphegor and Taelmoth the Diremaw (that were proven to be not that solo friendly) were easily soloed with trusts too going as BLU with the same setup mentioned above...

Happy Farming while it lasts~
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-05-11 18:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-05-11 23:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw August do a 15k Holy II
@.@

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By nosrondd 2016-05-12 01:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine did the same thing. Used the Nexus Cape , looked as if I was about to Tele... then nothing.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10