Asura.Syto
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-05-23 03:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
So you are saying they said they would go with vertical progression before release but changed their minds at the last moment to keep the new gear at level 99 power and then changed their minds again to bump them up a few months later.

Are you brain damaged?

Some of the symptoms I am noticing in the posts in this thread are similar to that of the "FFXI-English-NA-Forums Syndrome". I am not sure if there is an elixir available, but nothing can stop this fatal syndrome from progressing. The prognosis is not so great Saevel. We have to let this one go. There's nothing more we can do.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-05-23 06:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So you are saying they said they would go with vertical progression before release but changed their minds at the last moment to keep the new gear at level 99 power and then changed their minds again to bump them up a few months later.

Are you brain damaged?

Nah, just bored.

edit: And why calling me names all of a sudden? I was never rude to anyone :( But yeah, I should have stopped after I said there was no "pre-level" delve. I admit my memory is one of the worst BUT (you will hate me even more for this but just can't hold it) SoA gear were supposed to be "item level" and that is what happened. Otherwise, they wouldn't have mentioned "vertical progression". Even their "pre item level" gear had base stats noticeably greater than those of empyrean+2. They could have just released them as "item level 100~" gear. It is not my fault they flopped over their own design!

Ravager's Lorica+2 DEF:68 Accuracy+20 Attack+20 Great Axe skill +7
Mikinaak Breastplate (A) DEF:80 STR+25 VIT+15 Accuracy+28 Attack+33

Those two doesn't look like they are at the same level to me and we were all drooling over empyrean+2 gear when they came out.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-23 08:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SoA gear were supposed to be "item level" and that is what happened

No.

Vertical progression doesn't mean "item level". "Vertical progression" has been a core component of RPG's since the 70's with the publishing of Dungeons and Dragons. You don't give a +5 Vorpal Long Sword of Dragon Slaying to a level 1 Fighter nor would you put that level 1 Fighting in a situation where they would actually need that powerful of a weapon. That's something the Fighter would get sometime around level ~12 (Old D&D system) when they would be engaging in those more challenging fights.

In FFXI gear has a level requirement, gear at lower levels has significantly lower stats then gear at higher levels. A level 1 sword is much weaker then a level 50 sword which is weaker then a level 75 sword. When the level caps were raised each set of gear was better then the previous set. SoA was just a continuation of that trend. SE didn't raise the level cap and instead just made gear much more powerful then previously. Eventually they decided to go full WoW on it and actually put a numerical value, even though they still aren't doing it right.

So you've been wrong from the very beginning.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-05-23 09:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SoA gear were supposed to be "item level" and that is what happened

No.

Vertical progression doesn't mean "item level".

In this case, it kinda does though. Because they are stuck at level 99 and needed to find a way to power creep beyond that level. It would be too ridicilous even for them to keep SoA gear at level 99, so they went with the item level recipe which is a very well known system in this genre. You can't say you didn't expect them to introduce this system when they announced the vertical progression mentality with SoA. They emphasized on that blatantly and there was no mention of raising the level cap so we were all like "oh ***, item level *** is coming" when they said that.

I would have liked them to raise the level cap instead of item level thing too but they didn't, and yes, they are still not doing it right because they are stuck at 119 for whatever reason and obviously they hadn't planned ahead. Reaching 119 at delve 1 which is one of the first battle content of SoA is so ridicilous that they got lost in that mess and don't know what to do with their own item level abomination now.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-23 09:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

In this case, it kinda does though. Because they are stuck at level 99 and needed to find a way to power creep beyond that level.

No that's not item level.

Your now attributing your own definitions, without context, to words in order to make yourself correct.

Quote:
You were wrong, and that's ok. Trying to argue yourself right by changing definitions and then retconing the past just makes you look really bad.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-05-28 14:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you brain damaged?
The guy who said that "staying logged in for extended periods of time" will get you banned is accusing others of being brain damaged...cute.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-05-28 14:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

if saevel read his own posts he would have blocked himself ages ago, since he seems to be very fond of the block button
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-05-28 14:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The world must be a very lonely place for someone who blocks everyone.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2016-06-12 18:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither my Son's Nexus cape nor mine works and we tried several times over several times. We tried ONLY to go from Bastok Mines to original conquest areas, such as the Highlands, the Dunes, and beside Holla.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-06-12 19:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

IBHalliwell said: »
Neither my Son's Nexus cape nor mine works and we tried several times over several times. We tried ONLY to go from Bastok Mines to original conquest areas, such as the Highlands, the Dunes, and beside Holla.

Did you have trusts out?

I tried nexus cape a few weeks back and it failed on me. Only thing that I noticed was leader had trusts out at the time. It could be 100% broken though, wouldn't surprise me
By Pantafernando 2016-06-12 19:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed my mule failed to transport to me, when i was inside king ramparre tombs.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-06-12 19:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They announced it was a known issue. It only works if teleporting to a town, from what I can see.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2516 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Stereo
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Stereo 2023-05-03 14:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stereo said: »
Soon: Divine Might XXXIV - looking for BLM kiters, PLD healers.
called it.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-03 16:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Even broken clocks can tell the time correctly twice a day.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-03 19:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I called it before you, I said they would do htb when I was a kid. I even made a thread here during abyssea about fighting omega and ultima at the same time. I'll never Forget all the dummies coming out the woodwork to hate on the thread. I am just too good with that
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2023-05-04 05:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I still wish they had added Beaucidine-D, Xarc-D, and all the Dreamland-D. Maybe in the future when they make AF/Relic/Emp +4 gear
[+]
By Rinuko 2023-05-04 05:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That's one heck of a necro lol
By Dodik 2023-05-04 06:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Stereo
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Stereo 2023-05-05 07:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I called it before you, I said they would do htb when I was a kid. I even made a thread here during abyssea about fighting omega and ultima at the same time. I'll never Forget all the dummies coming out the woodwork to hate on the thread. I am just too good with that
I'm still waiting for my validation from SE on FFXI-2
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-05-05 09:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't pay a sub right now, but I still pay attention to the monthly updates.

You can appreciate my confusion to click on the "May update" and see it be from 2016.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10