May 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-10 07:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's a REALLY good update for new/returning players, but it doesn't do anything really for those of us who are past the point where the new SU1 gear would be useful.
[+]
By Zeak 2016-05-10 07:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't wanna raise any alarms, since I'm not sure what's going on myself, but has anyone noticed that Trust seem "Supercharged" since the update? The first thing I noticed tonight was that Qultada had capped accuracy against Apex Bats with zero accuracy buffs. I knew something was wrong right away because he was WSing almost half as much as I was, and I could not get a single 4-step SC off. That's usually all it takes to kill an Apex mob for me, but between him and August spamming WS, I had horrible, horrible returns. Fights lasted almost 2 minutes instead of 30-45 seconds. August seemed normal, although I can't tell since he always had 100% accuracy. Also, I know I'm prone to going crazy, but there's no way that Cherukiki always had 1.6k MP, right? I could've sworn it was 1.2k last night. I just summoned Ullegore to make sure, and he has 5.6k (And he normally has 4999 on the dot during Trust Campaigns, which isn't even active). It's almost as though all of my Cheer effects are active at once, but only Jumbocactuar is active in my KI list.

I'm just bringing this up in case others have noticed, as it would definitely fall under an update bug. I don't recall there being anything in the patch notes about any buffs to Trust, but there is definitely a massive difference in their performance/stats since yesterday.
By Datass 2016-05-10 07:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the campaigns is for Alter Egos.

"Alter Ego Expo
Alter egos will receive the following improvements for the duration of the campaign.
- Alter egos' Maximum HP and MP are increased by 50%.
- Alter egos have stronger resistance to status ailments."

- From PoL website

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/14794/detail.html

Edit: Although this isn't supposed to go live until the 13th...
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-10 07:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Most of that gear looks extremely mediocre.

Excuse me my ignorance.

The Gear have Nearly 40 Accuracy / 40 Attack. We Should have with Trust 80% Haste. So

1.- Maybe i dont know if Escha Monsters have gear with 80 Acu/Attack on that?
2.- Only because this gear do not have Double Attack, Triple Attack and QA its mediocre?

I think at 80% haste the difference of adding Multi Hit gear will be Less than when we were in 40% Haste No?.

The Sulevia was better cuz that allow us hit -50% damage taken, keeping High acu/Attack. This gear Sadly do not have damage taken Reduction and MNK/SAM/PUP will Feel hyper squishy =/.

I assume if we use a Spreadsheet. Sulevia +1 vs the most perfect WAR set with Double Attack, TA, QA will be Behind of what 2% - 3% DPS?. I would Take in consideration swap my Sulevia +1, toss out all my damage reduction set if the Spreadsheet say im behind 10 - 15% in DPS

Yes ignorance is the key word to use.

Sulevia +1 gear is absolute trash for TP, Reisenjima / abjuration gear destroys it. It has two use's, first being some good pieces for VIT based WS's, the second being for DT / Hybrid DT builds. Hizamaru is in an even worse position, other gear easily trash's it for offensive stats and it has no real defense stats. It's trying to be an "every DD" set which just fails because MNK, NIN, PUP and SAM all require dramatically different stats. Essentially this is for players who don't know how to make gear change macros.

To put things in persepective

WAR TP set
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/342759
ItemSet 342759

WAR Resolution set
http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=342760

ItemSet 342760
[+]
By Zeak 2016-05-10 07:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Datass said: »
One of the campaigns is for Alter Egos.

Even if it were, it doesn't explain the increased accuracy. Also, their HP values don't match the Trust campaign values; they seem closer to +10% HP, +50% MP (Shantotto has 1196 HP for me right now, she usually has around 1.5k~ during campaign). This makes sense if all my cheers are active as there ARE two cheers that increase HP by 10% and MP by 50%10%.

Easy way for someone else to check themselves is if they have Snow Bomb Cheer inactive and summon a Trust. The MP value should be 50% more than they usually have.

Edit: My mistake, I remember that the Snoll affects player MP, not Trust. Quite frankly, I'm at a loss with how they're getting these HP/MP values. Also, upon looking at the logs, it would appear August is now a Super Ninja, as he was easily avoiding 30-40% of the Apex mobs attacks, even a couple of WS, and attacks dealing up 1k+. My mind can't even be blown, because it's completely gone at the moment.
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-05-10 08:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
I think it's a REALLY good update for new/returning players, but it doesn't do anything really for those of us who are past the point where the new SU1 gear would be useful.

They are doing a campaign for returning players this month... perhaps SE actually put some forethought into it, and made it easier for new/returning players to transition into the early end-game.
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-10 08:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
For achieving level 99 YOu are given Mog Kupon A-PK109 x5 in the Intermediate section on RoE.
For collecting 2000 Sparks of Eminence and to talk to a sparks NPC in the same section your given W-EMI,
The next one is 4000 Sparks and talk to a Sparks NPC for Mog Kupon A-EMI,
The 3rd is 6000 Sparks for a A-EMI,
The next is to have an Item level if i117 and talk to a sparks NPC for a Cipher:Koru-Moru
After that you need to beat a Wildskeeper reive for a AW-WK Koupon.
And thats where i stopped because it stopped auto completing.
Continuing this as I am shooting for the end.

After WKR you get the 105 skirmishes, Rala, Cirdas, and Yorica. Kill 10 mobs in each one in that order, you don't need to complete the skrimish. Rewards are a single kupon giving gear for that skrimish.

After that is a single Ambuscade clear. I'm currently queued and waiting to enter normal and see how well I can take it solo, if that fails I'll just wuss out and take VE to get the quest clear. Reward is a Kupon AF109

I'll keep this updated as I go.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-05-10 09:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the "Magic Attack" on the new grip considered MAB? Anyone tried the new master trials, what's the reward??
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-10 09:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're saying there's no respectable reason to log in right now, right?

No but seriously, best part about this update is the 1) crystal storage and 2) the fact that our points reset, so we can go and buy more riftcinders, capes, hpb, hmp....
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-10 09:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The reward is the white feather sword I believe.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-05-10 09:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's awfully lame zzz

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-10 09:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
That feel when you spend hours upon hours upon days transcribing food info into BGwiki. Only for SE to start to release all the info..

BRB ending my life.

Anyway, one thing of note. They settled that Kitron Macaroons are +7% skill gain success and skill up rate, but they did not add rusks.
Personally, I still appreciate your efforts. Searching food on the AH is not terribly efficient. Also the food by stats pages(atk food, acc food, etc) are great.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-10 09:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Side question but related to Ambuscade. Does MDT / DT work against ability hp drain? The demon just soul drained me for slightly over my max HP while I was using CDC on it and outright killed me. I use Sulevia +1 in my set as I don't have much better, but if that is something it's going to do each time then I need to find a counter.

And I also want to thank you, being able to identify foods that are cost effective has greatly helped me over the years.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-10 09:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah so it's that kind of gimmick. Something seemed off when they were going down so fast. If it wasn't for that soul drain another 10 seconds and I would have cleared it. Oh well, I'm going in on VE for the quest clear. Should be a cake walk and I can properly zerg them down.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-05-10 09:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a tremendous shame that Usukane doesn't have a lick of -dt on it. I thought Sulevia's was brilliant and was trading haste for survivability. You can get halfway to haste cap in one slot (waist), you can't get half your needed acc feom one slot.

It's not ideal tp gear, but it's a great leg up for noobs and for some of the DT.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-05-10 10:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

xff8x said: »
Carbuncle.Conini said: »
So back to the Kupon thing, if you go to the Records of Eminence quests Tutorial > Intermediate and start completing those quests, you get at least 50% of those kupons. A few of them are actually Mog Bonanza related though (like the Aeonic kupon)

Unless I'm slow, stupid, or it's too early in the morning, I can't seem to find "Intermediate" in the tutorial menu anywhere..
You Need to have completed Basic, it includes summoning lots of trusts.

Has it been confirmed that you can't get the Aeonic, Ergon etc. kupon from RoE?
By fillerbunny9 2016-05-10 10:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
It is a tremendous shame that Usukane doesn't have a lick of -dt on it. I thought Sulevia's was brilliant and was trading haste for survivability. You can get halfway to haste cap in one slot (waist), you can't get half your needed acc feom one slot.

It's not ideal tp gear, but it's a great leg up for noobs and for some of the DT.

it's really a shame it is lacking most anything that any of the four jobs on it could use. (OK, I guess they threw NIN some Dual Wield....) because the complete lack of stuff like multi-attack, Store TP, Crit Hit Rate, hell even -DT render it pretty damn useless overall. Sulevia was a gimmicky set to be sure, but it had some uses. Hizamaru is just made of disappointment and sadness.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-10 10:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
So back to the Kupon thing, if you go to the Records of Eminence quests Tutorial > Intermediate and start completing those quests, you get at least 50% of those kupons. A few of them are actually Mog Bonanza related though (like the Aeonic kupon)

Unless I'm slow, stupid, or it's too early in the morning, I can't seem to find "Intermediate" in the tutorial menu anywhere..

I have not read anything, but then I don't go to BG forums. I am in the process going through the questline. In probably 10 minutes I should be done with the Ambuscade one.

I am personally incredibly doubtful you can.
By fillerbunny9 2016-05-10 10:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »

there's no way they're giving out free Idris/Epeolatry/Burtgang/Tizonas to people just because. if anything, they'd go the F2P model and sell those in a cash shop....
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-10 10:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »

Ambuscade gear is proving to be an entry level for newcomers to 119 gear at practically very little effort. Which is kind of good, because there is a large number of new players who are sadly undergeared to such a horrible extent, and it's not really their fault (well you could argue their ignorance is their fault, but SE is all about helping everyone).

Just last night, moments before the servers went down, there was a DRG shouting for ambuscade group. He was 650 points away from Sulevia+1 body, but his gear was so pathetically mismatched (was using a 115 lance, and tons of sparks accessories), nobody was wasting their time inviting him. Hopefully with the advent of su gear buyable, newcomers will be able to get up to speed quicker. Ambuscade is just for that purpose.
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-05-10 10:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Crystal storage is even more awesome than I expected. While there is a 5000 limit per element, the best part is that when you withdraw, you get clusters! Yay, I can finally convert those endless stacks of wind crystals I've been getting from CP grinding into clusters! (It's moogle magic, they ain't gotta explain ***.)

Food effects in the item description? With exact numbers? What is this, Un-bizarro-world? A decade late, and certainly should have been one of the first things done when they went for QoL changes. But still good to have.

As for the new Ambuscade, demons are no pushover. I went in solo on Easy with my tarutaru PUP. (I could literally almost beat the dragon on easy in my sleep, which I actually did one time when I was drowsy earlier than normal.) What I did not expect was to be the ball in a game of tarutaru-ball. It also seems that my automaton got petrified or something very quickly, so I got aggro while I was still trying to get the mobs tanked.

At least this month we won't have to compete with CP grinders for KI mobs, and there are at least two home points for farming demons. But I'm not sure yet about the best places to find exp quadavs. There are at least five Survival Guide books in Bastok WotG areas, but you have to transfer via somewhere else because there's no book in Mhaura. You can use the Proto-Waypoint to get to Beadeaux, but all the exp quadavs are on the other side of the zone. I guess Pashhow recall rings are going to be the new hot thing this month.

EDIT: Imps count for demon kills, too.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-10 10:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

After Ambuscade the next quest is to reforge an AF chest piece to 109 or 119, equip it and talk to one of the RoE NPCs for a Maliyakaleya Orb....

One after that is to 119 an AF chestpiece, equip it, talk to the NPC and you get 200 sparks and 500 CP.

After that is Alluvion Skrimish in Rala, so after that should be Cirdas, followed by Yorica. Kill 10 enemies, I doubt you have to complete it. Rewards are / will be the Alluvion Skrimish kupons.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-05-10 10:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Loynis said: »
After Ambuscade the next quest is to reforge an AF chest piece to 109 or 119, equip it and talk to one of the RoE NPCs for a Maliyakaleya Orb....
Good luck with Plouton, he's a total ***, both to pop and to fight. I finally got my clear two weeks ago thanks to someone in my LS learning how because he needed that clear, too.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-05-10 10:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »
Good luck with Plouton, he's a total ***, both to pop and to fight. I finally got my clear two weeks ago thanks to someone in my LS learning how because he needed that clear, too.

Pluton is for Empy not AF (assuming this is just the AF quest AF)
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-10 10:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I used AF (AF1) and cleared it. I didn't try relic.
By Trashboat 2016-05-10 10:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I used AF (AF1) and cleared it. I didn't try relic.
ya its AF1, I tried relic first, no go.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10