Stop shouting and not adding BLU campaign
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-09-28 18:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Aside from draylo and gobbo when you all mention blu for incursion are you talking about tizona blu or not?

I know for myself least at 127 tizona blu can parse top or near the top against other mythic DDs.
One reason being the ability to keep slow and haste two up without relying on others.
Other being able to rip through fodder so easily.

Sam can put out better numbers if the support is there, that tends to be the down fall when support isn't there like it should be.

I am personally a tizona blu but I was speaking for anyone who took real time to build their blu to the point that it deserves to get a invite to content.
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-09-28 19:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was a sch before leveling/gearing blu.

WAS. I don't have the reaction time to play stun gun, so I would rather play a class where if ***goes south due to lack of stuns, the odds of me getting blamed for it is slim.

I didn't think I'd like BLU as much as I do, but I find myself on BLU more than anything, and it's disheartening that the job gets throw in the backburner.

I'm an advocate for having fun in a game. What's fun about being forced to level and gear (properly) several other jobs just go be "relevant"?

So yeah. Just make friends and hope they don't bail on you when you need your ***. Or solo what you can. I've kinda fallen into that solo camp.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-28 23:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from draylo and gobbo when you all mention blu for incursion are you talking about tizona blu or not?

I know for myself least at 127 tizona blu can parse top or near the top against other mythic DDs.
One reason being the ability to keep slow and haste two up without relying on others.

Sam can put out better numbers if the support is there, that tends to be the down fall when support isn't there like it should be.

This, those who claim "we play with perfect support cuz we don't miss stuns", please post a vid of real human player not missing one single stun after 5hr of incursion.

Human error exists, anytime a move goes off it's dmg decrease.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-28 23:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu does good when your party setup/support is awfull isn't a valid argument.

@ Afania come to Asura.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-29 00:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

This, those who claim "we play with perfect support cuz we don't miss stuns", please post a vid of real human player not missing one single stun after 5hr of incursion.

Plus, there are the occasional back-to-back Jungle TP moves that occur within 5-6 secs of one another.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-29 00:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

@ Afania come to Asura.

No money!Also you can just make a perfect stun vid if your goal is to prove perfect support exists!
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-29 00:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

We recorded our tojil run when it was hard, it's somewhere on this forum, incursion is as easy.

Also have screenshot of 20+ hall of mul kill on bg at 99 when it was hard, this wasn't doable neither w/o perfect stun :(
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-29 00:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We recorded our tojil run when it was hard, it's somewhere on this forum, incursion is as easy.

Also have screenshot of 20+ hall of mul kill on bg at 99 when it was hard, this wasn't doable neither w/o perfect stun :(

Perfect stun on tojil is quite different from perfect incursion stun though. Tojil is a 2 min run, even before skill update it doesn't last longer than 10. Unless you only do 1 nm then exit, incursion lasts longer.

It requires significant mental capacity to stare at the screen for 40min and react perfectly to every tp move red line unless you use 3rd pt tool (Battlemod I think?)that shows move before animation.

If your sch uses any sort of tool to accomplish perfect stun then your argument is less valid.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-29 00:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect stun during the whole run, not just tojil, also pretty sure legion stunner are PS2 player.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-29 01:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone wants to go blu to incursion or anything these days they have to suck up the responsibility of running the group themselves, or make friends with people that see the value in their BLU and do the content at the appropriate content level where your BLU shines.

Just spam lower clvl Gramk with people you get along with that are ok with nonstandard setups, you'll eventually get lucky with coffers. Trying to get into events on blu, dnc or nonstandard jobs is just an uphill battle, its never gonna change cause people always aim for perfect setups first.

@ Afania come to Asura.
why is this not a valid argument if you do incurson pug runs, or the only option is to go with supbar backline because a full ls group isnt on?

Do you just throw in the towel and not go at all if you can't have a perfect setup? I mean maybe i'm just the adventurous type and willing to roll with a less than perfect setup because i'd rather not sit in town, and the pool of available and willing people is small on my server as more people cap on gear they want from the event.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-29 02:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, when we don't have a perfect setup we simply do something else.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-09-29 05:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're so adamant that there's not a single PUG stunner in the world that can stun properly, then bring an entire party of stunners to increase the odds of every TP move getting locked. This isn't even a stretch of the imagination since you should already have 2-3 GEO and a RDM, so adding a couple SCH or BLM would make this possible.

Having 2 groups of 3 stunners taking turns would be vastly superior than bringing more mediocre DD and resigning to the fact of eating every TP move in there and the time it takes to erase/reapply buffs on them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-29 07:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect stun during the whole run, not just tojil, also pretty sure legion stunner are PS2 player.

Do you have any proof to show that out of 1000 stuns none of the stuns miss though. Because my argument is based on the universal law that human error exists.

What else do can you do besides crafting or afking in town!

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

If you're so adamant that there's not a single PUG stunner in the world that can stun properly, then bring an entire party of stunners to increase the odds of every TP move getting locked. This isn't even a stretch of the imagination since you should already have 2-3 GEO and a RDM, so adding a couple SCH or BLM would make this possible.

Having 2 groups of 3 stunners taking turns would be vastly superior than bringing more mediocre DD and resigning to the fact of eating every TP move in there and the time it takes to erase/reapply buffs on them.

Although it sounds like a fairly good idea, in practice it'd drastically increase the time to make a pt since your argument is also based on PUG. Sometimes it can take nearly 1hr to get 1 stunner, let alone "2 groups of 3 stunners". The time you create a pt with perfect support and stuns would ended up needing more time than making a pt with 1 mediocre DD.

I mean, you're not gonna end up killing NM 1hr slower with 1 mediocre DD, but you're likely to end up wasting 1hr+ looking for extra "2 groups of 3 stunners".

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Do you just throw in the towel and not go at all if you can't have a perfect setup? I mean maybe i'm just the adventurous type and willing to roll with a less than perfect setup because i'd rather not sit in town, and the pool of available and willing people is small on my server as more people cap on gear they want from the event.

Rolling with w/e you get isn't being "adventurous", it's using the time more efficiently.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-29 07:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Missing 1-2 stun won't make blue worth bringing.

When I did legion they didn't miss a single stun most of the time and they were PS2 tojil/incursion stun are most likely 3rd pt.

If finding stunner is an issue you can lvl sch or make friends and then make them lvl sch(work for every job).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-29 07:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

lol at the perfect setup.

You do realize that requires perfect players, right?

Last I checked, players = human and human = imperfect....

Unless you are all bots. Then what's the point in playing?
By Voren 2014-09-29 07:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When I did legion they didn't miss a single stun most of the time

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-29 07:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Cause this game is so hard you need to be perfect to do something as trivial as stun perfectly right ?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-29 08:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause this game is so hard you need to be perfect to do something as trivial as stun perfectly right ?
If your WHM is lazy in their gearsets and doesn't have auto-refresh +7, cure potency +50%, cure/healing spellcasting time -80%, and free cure 3/4s, yeah.

Not saying that you shouldn't bring a stun period, but when you expect your stunner to be absolutely perfect all the time, you will be disappointed all the time...
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-29 08:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why we keep doing stuff in small ls/clique, I totally admit that I'm super spoiled by my ls and that doing anything w/o them is often disgusting :(
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-29 08:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

if you've got a competent group consistantly, stunning is not even the slightest problem

and while many people will deny using bots or pretend it's a matter of skill, everyone has access to them and about half of those people probably are using them anyway.. so no, a situation where stuns are perfect isn't particularly rare(unless server taking a ***and you don't get ready packets)
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-29 08:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Missing 1-2 stun won't make blue worth bringing.

When I did legion they didn't miss a single stun most of the time and they were PS2 tojil/incursion stun are most likely 3rd pt.

If finding stunner is an issue you can lvl sch or make friends and then make them lvl sch(work for every job).

So you admit you do miss stuns!

Also hitting the erase macro is much easier to execute than perfect stun. Finding a BLU that can DD is also easier than finding a stunner that can stun perfect.

In fact we have someone in this thread just explained exactly why most players prefer not to be a stunner.

If "telling your friends lv SCH" works, we'd have a full server of SCH sending 10 /tells every incursion /shout, instead of full server of 119 SAM spamming /tell.

If my dog bite me right before I click stun, I'll probably miss. I'm not perfect, so I do feel hurt when my dog bite me!

Honestly though, unless you have perfection obsession, there are no real incentive to insist on absolute perfect setup and ended up sacrificing more time just for it, this isn't legion/delve1 pre-ilv.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-29 08:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
if you've got a competent group consistantly, stunning is not even the slightest problem

and while many people will deny using bots or pretend it's a matter of skill, everyone has access to them and about half of those people probably are using them anyway.. so no, a situation where stuns are perfect isn't particularly rare(unless server taking a ***and you don't get ready packets)

If you read my previous post I was referring to none bot players. Everyone knows bots stun perfect.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-29 08:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

clvl 134 is kinda delve1/legion difficult gear check wise/macc resist wise X.X

Also you just admited that unless something unexpected happen irl, perfect stun is trivial ^^
By Afania 2014-09-29 08:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

clvl 134 is kinda delve1/legion difficult gear check wise/macc resist wise X.X

AFAIK higher ilv incursion doesn't change loot, so it's not a requirement to do higher lv, it's more of a goal/challenge to aim for.

Legion/pre-ilv delve1 is kinda "if you don't clear them no stuff for you".

There are less incentive on perfection obsession for incursion IMO.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-29 09:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You could get drop in legion killing 7 mob, aiming for 20+ was just for a challenge; loot is the same if you kill each mob once or 7 time so incursion is exactly the same.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-29 09:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You could get drop in legion killing 7 mob, aiming for 20+ was just for a challenge; loot is the same if you kill each mob once or 7 time so incursion is exactly the same.

What I mean was, there are no lower difficulty version for legion.

You said ilv 134 is comparable to legion, but you can't lower the difficulty of legion, forcing players to play with LS/perfect setup regardless. You can do incursion lower than ilv 134, thus perfection obsession isn't necessary.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-29 09:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't change loot but affects the volume of loot. Loot ranges anywhere from random craftables, Gil, Augmented capes and even HP Bayld (super super rare).

On the topic of Blu, its not a bad job when played right, and played correctly in the given situation. It can be decent at a lot of roles and even excel in a few. But really it depends on the person playing job. Same could be said for a lot of jobs.

But for the most part in incursion if a blu is coming they're going to be expected to help with crowd control, and if in the main party winds of Promy spam to alleviate some of the debuff duty for the whm. Even a yagrush whm likes a little extra help now and then.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-29 09:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You said ilv 134 is comparable to legion, but you can't lower the difficulty of legion, forcing players to play with LS/perfect setup regardless. You can do incursion lower than ilv 134, thus perfection obsession isn't necessary.

That's arguing semantics. It's pointless since its like deconstructing similes.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-29 09:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you read my previous post I was referring to none bot players. Everyone knows bots stun perfect.
if none of the pug you've ever joined use stun bots i'd be very surprised, seems to be standard for leviathan pug

and if you're the dd choosing between sam and blu, its unlikely you have any control over the stunner botting or not, but likely you know if they are
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-29 09:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

That's arguing semantics. It's pointless since its like deconstructing similes.

It is relevant to the above discussion though, back when I did legion I always do it as LS and tend to spend quite a while to wait for proper setup.

Now I pretty much just log on and /shout for incursion then go for lower lv. It's simply a lot less perfect setup demanding than legion.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
if none of the pug you've ever joined use stun bots i'd be very surprised, seems to be standard for leviathan pug

and if you're the dd choosing between sam and blu, its unlikely you have any control over the stunner botting or not, but likely you know if they are

I'd be surprised if stun bot is a standard lol, in fact I joined a tojil PUG 2 days ago and nearly every stun failed.

BRB CHANGING SERVER.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7