Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110
 Asura.Cladbolg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cladbolg
By Asura.Cladbolg 2019-05-12 00:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

For real I’ve gotten nothing but junk from dark matter lol.
[+]
 Asura.Zulaern
user: Zulaern
By Asura.Zulaern 2019-05-15 15:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain to me how Zanshin works? I used to play Samurai a long time ago (CoP/ToAU days) and I thought it only had a chance to be activated on missed melee attacks? I guess that's changed and it can activate on hits too? Does it act kind of like double attack? Does it have lessened TP gain? I read the Zanshin page on BG wiki but I'm not really getting it.

Edit - Never mind, it looks like the relevant info was on the Hasso page.
 Bahamut.Jarl
Server: Bahamut
user: kylericks
By Bahamut.Jarl 2019-05-18 22:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am working on getting Sam up to par and I have been using the gearsets in the bg wiki, and in ejin's item sets to gauge things.

I have run into a bit of confusion for TP sets, specifically Flamma Gambieras +2 vs Ryuo sune-ate +1.

As I look at it between acc, the set bonus, and STP Flamma would be superior to all paths of Ryuo +1. Yet the guide mentions +2 Flamma as an alternative but in a way that suggests its not ideal.

I am clearly missing something. Can the Sam hive brain point out what I am missing?
By Afania 2019-05-18 22:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jarl said: »
So I am working on getting Sam up to par and I have been using the gearsets in the bg wiki, and in ejin's item sets to gauge things.

I have run into a bit of confusion for TP sets, specifically Flamma Gambieras +2 vs Ryuo sune-ate +1.

As I look at it between acc, the set bonus, and STP Flamma would be superior to all paths of Ryuo +1. Yet the guide mentions +2 Flamma as an alternative but in a way that suggests its not ideal.

I am clearly missing something. Can the Sam hive brain point out what I am missing?

Zanshin.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jarl
Server: Bahamut
user: kylericks
By Bahamut.Jarl 2019-05-18 22:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Bahamut.Jarl said: »

Zanshin.

Oh...well Eff. I keep forgetting about the Hasso Zanshin thing. So yeah path C would be ideal for that.

Thanks
[+]
By Rips 2019-05-22 01:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-22 01:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

....... who told you that and/or where did you see that.

I think you think mythic is not the mythic lol. Here;

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
As with everything, it's situational, but I'd rate SAM weapons like this:

Zerg/WS spam: R15 Masa =~ Shining One > R15 Doji > R0 Masa > R0 Doji >>>>> rest

Solo multi-step SC: R15 Doji > R15 Masa > R0 Doji > R0 Masa >>>>> Shining One

Even beyond that it's situational depending on what buffs you're getting and who else is WSing in your party, but I digress.

Pragmatically speaking, the best, easiest weapon to obtain right now for SAM is the Polearm. But you absolutely still want to get Masa and/or Doji to R15 if possible.
[+]
By Rips 2019-05-22 02:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
....... who told you that and/or where did you see that.

I think you think mythic is not the mythic lol. Here;

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
As with everything, it's situational, but I'd rate SAM weapons like this:

Zerg/WS spam: R15 Masa =~ Shining One > R15 Doji > R0 Masa > R0 Doji >>>>> rest

Solo multi-step SC: R15 Doji > R15 Masa > R0 Doji > R0 Masa >>>>> Shining One

Even beyond that it's situational depending on what buffs you're getting and who else is WSing in your party, but I digress.

Pragmatically speaking, the best, easiest weapon to obtain right now for SAM is the Polearm. But you absolutely still want to get Masa and/or Doji to R15 if possible.

God bless. I was misinformed.
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110