First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 363 364 365
 Leviathan.Mdkuser
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: monchat
By Leviathan.Mdkuser 2013-03-15 05:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
In your high-end TP set you mention that augmented Byakko Haidate are good for when Impetus is up, but don't mention what else is needed to be swapped to maintain 25-26% haste. You would only have 24% just swapping haidate.

If you are using verethragna you just need 24% haste + af3+2 body to cap delay (body gives a delay reduction). Which means that this is enough to cap haste:

usu head+1/nomkhapa or tekko +1/byakko/usu sune ate+1/goading belt (24%)

replace goading by twilight and tekko+1 by nomkhapa if you have moonshade earring with regain.
 Leviathan.Mdkuser
user: monchat
By Leviathan.Mdkuser 2013-03-15 05:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Demonmaniac said: »
Appreciate this, Jinjo. Looks like you put a lot of effort and time into it. I'll donate my spellcast for mid-grade MNK. Bokura does have a pastebin of his spellcast and autoexec. That is here: http://pastebin.com/uc3SeNNR

A few minor questions/thinking-out-loud comments as well...So Glanzfaust basically...sucks compared to both Spharai and Vereth? Also, I cannot see how Spharai outdamages Vereth on most content...sure base damage is higher, but the ability to at least maintain AM1 fulltime should push it over, no? The ODD is greater than the ODT procs. With accuracy capped, VS won't miss often, and spike higher than Spiral, even with AM1, no? I know you know your numbers, I guess what I am asking is how far does Spharai win over Vereth on average? Is it significant?

spharai is almost always better, but not by a lot. To give an idea, depending on situations, during impetus verthragna will be a winner by 2~3% over spharai, and spharai will win by ~5% outside of impetus (I always assume AM3 in my comparisons). Aftermaths is not that of big deal on verethragna since H2H aftermaths is garbage, but certainly vereth is bad if you cant maintain am3.

However, as soon as you fight mob with higher levels, crits do much more damage compared to non crits and verethragna will win, provided no resistance to crits..

As far as todays content: verthragna > spharai in VW and ADL (due to 300TP wing spam and higher level mobs in VW..). But again, in this case glanzfaust > verethragna by a lot. Almost anything else: spharai, including Nyzul and salvage,
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-15 06:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
What would a Haste DT build without Usukane+1 or Tenryu look like? It seems like losing those options limits it really hard.

ItemSet 292951

D.Ring makes this set more viable. Otherwise, you literally need max augments (still not capped PDT by 2%).
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-15 09:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

1) The maximum value of attack/defense ratio will be adjusted so that it is the same for one-handed and two-handed weapons.
2) The defense down penalty of Counterstance will be reduced.
[+]
 Fenrir.Steveo
user: steveo
By Fenrir.Steveo 2013-03-15 09:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay for monk... No for scholar XD
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 09:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2013-03-15 09:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt they consider h2h to be different then 1h? Vaguely remember hearing or reading that somewhere.
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 09:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chexmix said: »
Didnt they consider h2h to be different then 1h? Vaguely remember hearing or reading that somewhere.

From what I recall, h2h only varies from one-handers in weapon rank, and damage calculation varying from the base, which is dependent on skill level rather than a direct damage formula from the weapon itself.
Hence h2h weapons having a +"dmg" rather than direct DMG rating.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-15 10:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What they stated before about the adjustment to one handers:
HimuraKenshyn;395984 said:
From another post:

What's going to happen with hand-to-hand weapons?
Categorically hand-to-hand weapons fall under the single-handed weapon classification; however, the stats for hand-to-hand weapons are quite different from that of swords, which are literally held in just one hand, and they will not be treated the same. We will be separating hand-to-hand weapons from this balance adjustment and making changes that fit more in line with the weapon.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-15 10:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure that was with regard to the potential stat adjustments. :c The pDIF changes should affect H2H, but anything additional they decide on probably won't since you can't "single wield" H2H.
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 10:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
I'm pretty sure that was with regard to the potential stat adjustments. :c The pDIF changes should affect H2H, but anything additional they decide on probably won't since you can't "single wield" H2H.

Unless you're a good-for-nothing NPC fellow with H2H weapons on healer mode :(
Still bitter I can't make a punchy healer NPC.
 Asura.Werdxi
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2013-03-15 10:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

don't get all omgcrazypants and flame the ***out of me if im wrong, but i noticed in the intro, it says the more guard skill you have, the more often you guard where as i recall, it was that more guard skill increases the amount of dmg reduced via guard, not the rate, and this was something SE "promised" they were going to look into because it fails compaired to parry.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-15 10:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Guarding an attack simply reduces the attackers pDIF by 1; I'm pretty sure skill doesn't affect that. You'll notice you guard every now and then with skill capped against high end mobs, but next to never if your skill is low.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-15 10:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the article they refered to this adjustment again they stated H2h is separate but keep hope alive: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/29831-Overall-Battle-System-Adjustments-for-the-Future
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 10:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Guarding an attack simply reduces the attackers pDIF by 1; I'm pretty sure skill doesn't affect that. You'll notice you guard every now and then with skill capped against high end mobs, but next to never if your skill is low.

Doesn't guard have the capacity to nullify (physical) TP moves like parrying can too?
 Asura.Werdxi
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2013-03-15 10:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 292961

Figured I'd show my MDT set. With Shell V, i have 48MDT (50%if its meritted Shellra V) with 19 MDB, which breaks the damage down cap for an overall total of -65%MDT. Also i have +50 fire and thunder resist, which ill say definitely helps in many situations. The lunette ring absorbs my mp when its on, but when i get hit w/ the nuke, the ethereal earring gives me back the mp. my current augment on the suzaku feet are +2 MDB. i'm hoping to eventually get +3 MDT, +5 magic eva. This set turns a meteor into a minor nuisance.
[+]
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2013-03-17 02:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to glean a little advice. I already have 100/100 Buds and Fangs and I'm on the Farruca Fly trial for Verethragna. I've been trying to inch toward a Smite set as I go along. This is what I have so far.

ItemSet 293154

Work puts my play time at a horrible place (8a-12p MST). Because of that, I haven't been able to get into a LS to do Meebles/Legion/New Nyzul, so higher end pieces remain out of reach for the time being. Disregarding gear from those areas, does anyone see any improvements that can be made from AH buys and crap I could solo on BST? Aside from the AF3+1. That's my current project.
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2013-03-17 03:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »
I'm trying to glean a little advice. I already have 100/100 Buds and Fangs and I'm on the Farruca Fly trial for Verethragna. I've been trying to inch toward a Smite set as I go along. This is what I have so far.

ItemSet 293154

Work puts my play time at a horrible place (8a-12p MST). Because of that, I haven't been able to get into a LS to do Meebles/Legion/New Nyzul, so higher end pieces remain out of reach for the time being. Disregarding gear from those areas, does anyone see any improvements that can be made from AH buys and crap I could solo on BST? Aside from the AF3+1. That's my current project.
Just few obvious pieces that can be changed, earring to moonshade, aias bonnet, rancor mantle, justiciar torque. Earring obviously will have atk4/tp bonus+
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2013-03-17 03:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That earring will be some time in coming... I only ever really messed around in past zones to get access to VW and WoE. That's going to be a fun ride. Not even sure if I can solo that on BST. :p

Truth be told, I had actually planned on using it for mage classes.
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2013-03-17 05:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of it should be simple. If capped attack use vulcans if not can stick with ghilie+1
 Leviathan.Mugiwaraluffy
By Leviathan.Mugiwaraluffy 2013-03-17 09:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

feet could be kancura leggings +1 as well
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2013-03-17 12:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Given what they said previously about adjustments to Hand-to-hand being made separately, I hesitate to assume this pDIF adjustment will affect H2H. Hopefully we can get some clarification this week.
 Odin.Morgish
Server: Odin
user: morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2013-03-17 12:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

Doesn't guard have the capacity to nullify (physical) TP moves like parrying can too?

Yes if you perform a guard during an mobs tp attack it will read as you evaded the attack also works for aoe attacks like spike flail. Wish i still had that screen shot the fafnir in limbus used spike flail and i got a guard skillup right at the same time with an evasion check. Also been a few times kirins deadly grasp was guarded and evaded. Take it with a grain of salt.
By herrstarr 2013-03-17 16:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all, Fairly new player to the game here, I was building a Victory Smite set from information around the internet and so far I've gathered all of these parts;

ItemSet 293247

I was wondering what would be a good target to work towards next. I'm currently doing salvage every few nights for working for the +1 gear from there and NNI whenever my group is all around(we can't seem to nail floor 100 though, but slowly getting the K.items from 80).

Thanks for the great guide by the way.
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2013-03-17 18:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

for your PDT sets I'd use Wiglen Gorget, gives 1% more PDT and 3hp/tic regen. obviously would swap out against magic casting mobs.
 Shiva.Cybermario
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Cybermario 2013-03-17 23:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

One question regarding the SS set in the guide, i do have Euxine Nails +3 and Athos Boots. Which one will be the best to use for the ws until i get Thaumas Nails?

Also for TP set should i keep Tantra Hose +2 over Thaumas Kecks?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-17 23:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Euxine +3, and yes keep Tantra Hose +2

Side note: I have the progression section re-typed up, but it's on my laptop. I'll stop being lazy and add that relatively soon.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-03-17 23:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

hose > kecks yes.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-03-20 19:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice job, Jinjo. Pretty solid all around.

Typo: Under Section VII, Resources, it's "Motenten", not "Motentent".

Will second the suggestion of adding an idle/regen gear set under Misc. It's fairly simple:

Ocelomeh Headpiece +1 (NQ is 1/tick, HQ is 2/tick)
Wiglen Gorget (3/tick)
Melee Cyclas +2 (NQ/+1 is 1/tick, +2 is 2/tick)
Sheltered Ring (1/tick) (doubles as a boost for Shell, since you're likely to get that while idle)
Paguroidea Ring (2/tick)
Garden Bangles (1/tick, daytime only)
Lycopodium Sash (3/tick, daytime only)

Feet: Hermes'/Herald's

Can give 10-14 HP/tick (14 during the day), which can add up to a fair bit in the little periods between mobs. If it takes you 2 minutes to run from point A to point B, you can go from yellow to full HP before even adding in Chakra or Invigorate.

And, while it's already findable under the BG thread, I'll go ahead and note my own spellcast is available if you wanted to list it. Only suggested for advanced usage. Requires a few extra links:

Mnk spellcast
Rules include
Configuration include
Salvage include (optional)
Instructions and notes (aside from comments within the xmls themselves)
 Carbuncle.Marshy
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Marshy 2013-03-21 06:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: With SoA I'm kind of skeptical on spending money on high priced items and just recently picked up my Usu+1 head/feet and am capped on haste with out needing the waist, What would be next best thing below Windbuffet? Anguinus? Caudata? Sorry for being cheap.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 363 364 365