Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 363 364 365
 Shiva.Cybermario
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Cybermario 2013-03-21 23:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there should be a set for Ascetic's Fury in the guide, not so bad inside aby before you get access to VS, imo some sets should be posted there.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2013-03-22 09:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Any action that is performed will "reset" Hundred Fists, causing one attack round to occur with normal delay calculations before it is resumed.

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I am pretty sure this is untrue. Delay does not change, and if I had to guess, whomever originally stated that it does was experiencing JA delay and misconstruing it as attack round delay.
 Odin.Cyprias
Server: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-03-22 15:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Nice job, Jinjo. Pretty solid all around.

Typo: Under Section VII, Resources, it's "Motenten", not "Motentent".

Will second the suggestion of adding an idle/regen gear set under Misc. It's fairly simple:

Ocelomeh Headpiece +1 (NQ is 1/tick, HQ is 2/tick)
Wiglen Gorget (3/tick)
Melee Cyclas +2 (NQ/+1 is 1/tick, +2 is 2/tick)
Sheltered Ring (1/tick) (doubles as a boost for Shell, since you're likely to get that while idle)
Paguroidea Ring (2/tick)
Garden Bangles (1/tick, daytime only)
Lycopodium Sash (3/tick, daytime only)

Feet: Hermes'/Herald's

Can give 10-14 HP/tick (14 during the day), which can add up to a fair bit in the little periods between mobs. If it takes you 2 minutes to run from point A to point B, you can go from yellow to full HP before even adding in Chakra or Invigorate.

And, while it's already findable under the BG thread, I'll go ahead and note my own spellcast is available if you wanted to list it. Only suggested for advanced usage. Requires a few extra links:

Mnk spellcast
Rules include
Configuration include
Salvage include (optional)
Instructions and notes (aside from comments within the xmls themselves)

Glad you agree. I still feel like it's important enough to include. I know plenty of times I would have died without using one.
 Carbuncle.Bien
Server: Carbuncle
user: Bien
By Carbuncle.Bien 2013-03-29 16:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

hurray for epic new multi use feet? Chakra, Chi blast and pdt all in one.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-03-29 16:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bien said: »
hurray for epic new multi use feet? Chakra, Chi blast and pdt all in one.

Afk, boosting.
[+]
 Odin.Cyprias
Server: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-03-29 18:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the new Att/Def ratio and how hard some mobs can hit, should we be looking at possible sets that step away from using say, Rancor's Collar/Rancorous Mantle?

Traditionally, I'd be more inclined to say "Screw that" and just run with Rancor gear, but I have to admit mobs hit way harder than I anticipated.

Something like a hybrid of our best tp and considering less dmg taken+ options I guess. Thoughts?

Edit: Of course we'll still consider them in WS, just considering the TP phase.
[+]
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2013-03-29 19:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think that the new Thurandaut gloves (DEF:29 DEX+14 AGI+14 Acc+10 Haste+3%) beat Mustela Gloves for Shijin now?
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-04-02 11:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Noxzema said: »
Do you think that the new Thurandaut gloves (DEF:29 DEX+14 AGI+14 Acc+10 Haste+3%) beat Mustela Gloves for Shijin now?
Using the DPS Spreadsheet, (not sure if Attack ratio adjustment affects it or not), yes. But still lose to Myrmex.
By Baniak 2013-04-02 17:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol at new h2h weapon beating Spharai/Veret to the ground also making MNK top tier DD by quite a significant margin?
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-04-02 17:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Surely that was a typeo... Going from 59 damage to 74 is a HUUUUGE change. All the other weapons received a 1-3 damage buff... No?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-04-02 20:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the name typo. I'll add the Regen set in a bit. Reworked a bunch of stuff today, just have to edit the posts!

Also,

[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-02 20:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Still can't belive that h2h.. the update right now was pretty ridicilous..
[+]
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-04-02 20:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I stand corrected. Wow.
By pchan 2013-04-03 02:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Baniak said: »
Lol at new h2h weapon beating Spharai/Veret to the ground also making MNK top tier DD by quite a significant margin?
MNK already was top tier except on content where accuracy & level correction mattered (mostly junk like legion that nobody will ever touch again). The ratio cap change and this weapon end up being bewteen 20 and 30 % damage increase depending on how close to ratio cap you can go. Regardless of how hard it's going to be to get it, the fact that its dps doesn't rely on mainting an aftermath [impossible without at least haste or if you don't chain mobs] or averaging a low triple proc rate, and the fact that it can use the extremely relyiable WS that Shijin Spiral is, makes it the best H2H by far. Even at D59 it was imo preferable to relic or empy. The dex+8 is also really cool...
 Sylph.Michizane
Server: Sylph
user: Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2013-04-03 02:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a better name for this guide. FALCON PUNCH!!!
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2013-04-03 02:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just one problem with this guide I noticed after reading the gear sets. If you tried to have the perfecr armor for every situlation like that you would have absolutely no space for anything. Instead of focusing on the just the best opinion for only one senerio, It would be nice to see a gear set which is more well-rounded. I play the game for fun and it's not fun luging around 5+ sets of armor changes for the same damn job. To be perfectly honest I doubt anyone even has every piece in all of the high end sets you have listed and those who are going to post after this that they do. You're lying or have no life and neither of those options will help any inspiring MNKs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Klife
user: Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-04-03 02:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Sorry for the name typo. I'll add the Regen set in a bit. Reworked a bunch of stuff today, just have to edit the posts!

Also,

you know for sure when something is too good that something is wrong. its probably gonna have a hidden effect like cannot use ws or occasionnal cause death to self upon hit. or -20 regain/tic and the store tp would be to mock us. it wouldnt be the first time se does that.

It has about 1/4 more base damage then a relic. There cannot be no reason.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-04-03 03:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Michizane said: »
Just one problem with this guide I noticed after reading the gear sets. If you tried to have the perfecr armor for every situlation like that you would have absolutely no space for anything. Instead of focusing on the just the best opinion for only one senerio, It would be nice to see a gear set which is more well-rounded. I play the game for fun and it's not fun luging around 5+ sets of armor changes for the same damn job. To be perfectly honest I doubt anyone even has every piece in all of the high end sets you have listed and those who are going to post after this that they do. You're lying or have no life and neither of those options will help any inspiring MNKs.
This isn't 2007 anymore, some players actually have everything possible. The amount of effort needed to have everything is also much lower nowadays than it was years ago.

You have a point in that the gear sets shown aren't "low enough" but you also have to consider that you cannot possibly try to play a job without puting a minimum amount of work into it. This is what makes FFXI fun, the fact that you cannot monoset a job, you have to think about more than one situation and obtain all the gear needed for it. This game is a long journey unlike other MMOs.

You didn't grasp the point of this game so you shouldn't bash this guide or the idea behind it but rather, try to understand it. If you don't find it fun, then FFXI just isn't for you. Try TERA or WoW, you only need one set of gear there and you just have to read your gear level in order to know if it's good, or not. Easy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-04-03 03:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Michiziane, even if you dont have all the top gear, i still agree that to be able to do stuff properly you at least need couple of gear set, including at least tp set, ws set, pdt set and some option for more acc. thats bare minimum. Doesnt need to be all top tier if you are just beginning to build sets. but that should be your goal and this guide is made to help you reach that goal.

What you are saying is playing like those sch that just play full time in enhancing sets. i cant stand it! its not that hard to build a minimum healing set and nuke set..

and yep, good guide. thanks again!
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2013-04-03 03:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Klife said: »
Michiziane, even if you dont have all the top gear, i still agree that to be able to do stuff properly you at least need couple of gear set, including at least tp set, ws set, pdt set and some option for more acc. thats bare minimum. Doesnt need to be all top tier if you are just beginning to build sets. but that should be your goal and this guide is made to help you reach that goal.

What you are saying is playing like those sch that just play full time in enhancing sets. i cant stand it! its not that hard to build a minimum healing set and nuke set..

and yep, good guide. thanks again!

That's not what I meant. I have a couple of sets a gear for chakra and WS and I switch armor for JAs etc. but I mean their is like 3 different Acc+ sets there. I don't want to spend all my time farming NMs etc. if It's not going to inprove my preformace signifityly.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2013-04-03 04:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
This isn't 2007 anymore, some players actually have everything possible. The amount of effort needed to have everything is also much lower nowadays than it was years ago.

You have a point in that the gear sets shown aren't "low enough" but you also have to consider that you cannot possibly try to play a job without puting a minimum amount of work into it. This is what makes FFXI fun, the fact that you cannot monoset a job, you have to think about more than one situation and obtain all the gear needed for it. This game is a long journey unlike other MMOs.

You didn't grasp the point of this game so you shouldn't bash this guide or the idea behind it but rather, try to understand it. If you don't find it fun, then FFXI just isn't for you. Try TERA or WoW, you only need one set of gear there and you just have to read your gear level in order to know if it's good, or not. Easy.

How does me giving a opinion and a sugestion equal "bashing"? I never said anything about the gear being too high lv or exspanive nor did I use the words "low enough" >.> I don't care if the gear is "hard to get" I'm working on relic at this moment and thatss expensive high lvl and a pain in the *** w/ farming. I don't see the point in carry around 5 sets of 12 pieces of armor for 1 job. having boost, chakra, ws gear etc is fine but why get the best of the best if the change in ur preformance isn't great enough to really matter in the end.
 Ragnarok.Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-04-03 04:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe those sets are made for the people who strives for the 0.1% damage increase and while that might not be for everyone who play casually, this guide points direction to make it happens. If you dont like it its all on you. you dont have to criticise others for trying to get as much damage possible on every situation possible. and yes, sometime you just need a little bit more accuracy(ionno, some evasion mobs) and sometime you need that huge boost(legion, even if mnk is meh in legion).

Again, everyone plays like they want, but you dont have to criticise a guide that try to show people how to reach the higher level. Everyone can just build that whatever sets not optimum for anything or really optimum for 1 or 2 things and so-so for the rest.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2013-04-03 04:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe those sets are made for the people who strives for the 0.1% damage increase and while that might not be for everyone who play casually, this guide points direction to make it happens. If you dont like it its all on you. you dont have to criticise others for trying to get as much damage possible on every situation possible. and yes, sometime you just need a little bit more accuracy(ionno, some evasion mobs) and sometime you need that huge boost(legion, even if mnk is meh in legion).

Again, everyone plays like they want, but you dont have to criticise a guide that try to show people how to reach the higher level. Everyone can just build that whatever sets not optimum for anything or really optimum for 1 or 2 things and so-so for the rest.

Again how does making a suggestion equal criticising? All I said is that it would be nice to have a setup which is more well-round.

*edit* I never bashed anyone who wanted the extra .01% dmg or acc+. I don't know where you guys are getting the idea I did.
 Ragnarok.Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-04-03 04:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

and like i said, anyone can make a well rounded set. just go for the tp sets and ws of the Guide. you'll do well enough on anything, its well rounded. if you want to increase damage on things that has more evasion or whatever, swap some equip apropriatly. there is no set perfect (or almost perfect set) for everything. no matter how hard you try to make it happen.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2013-04-03 04:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

and like i said, anyone can make a well rounded set. just go for the tp sets and ws of the Guide. you'll do well enough on anything, its well rounded. if you want to increase damage on things that has more evasion or whatever, swap some equip apropriatly. there is no set perfect for everything. no matter how hard you try to make it happen.

Okay... I don't think any of you have read a single word I have said... So I'm just going to stop posting cause it is frankly pointless...
 Ragnarok.Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-04-03 04:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

its alright, and yes i read what you've written. Maybe you are not expressing yourself clearly enough. you are asking for something well rounded? i'm just telling you its there.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-04-03 04:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

How does me giving a opinion and a sugestion equal "bashing"? I never said anything about the gear being too high lv or exspanive nor did I use the words "low enough" >.> I don't care if the gear is "hard to get" I'm working on relic at this moment and thatss expensive high lvl and a pain in the *** w/ farming. I don't see the point in carry around 5 sets of 12 pieces of armor for 1 job. having boost, chakra, ws gear etc is fine but why get the best of the best if the change in ur preformance isn't great enough to really matter in the end.
The bolded part is absolutely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and should have never been posted, to be blunt.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-04-03 04:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at reactivating. Ten tekko+1 aren't really going to be realistic for now since I have better upgrades that can be taken care of cheaper.

That being said, I plan on making usu mask/shoes+1 right away. For the TP set in the OP, would Brego gloves work as a cheap/quick fix for now, or would changing the set in other slots be better?

Also, if you had to pick one spharai or vereth 99?

I have 90 vereth now, and a stage 3 knuckles from years ago (lol 75 cap)

Price to 95 spharai: 65m
Price to 99 Spharai: 60m

Based on HMP and Rift prices on my server

Price to 95 Vereth: 90m
Price to 99 Vereth: 70-84m

120m vs 160-174m

Might just go with the Pain knuckles and use 90 Vereth to hold me over till I get them. Thoughts?
 Carbuncle.Bigpete
Server: Carbuncle
user: peterr
By Carbuncle.Bigpete 2013-04-03 19:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question:

for tp gear - oneiros ring or rajas?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 363 364 365