input /equip body "Usukane haramaki +1"
input /equip hands "Kacura mittens +1"
input /equip L.ear "Evader earring +1"
input /equip R.ear "Evader earring +1"
input /equip back "Fugacity mantle"
input /equip waist "Scouter's rope"
input /equip legs "Kacura Subligar +1"
input /equip feet "Calmecac leggings"

total: 122 evasion and 25 AGI, or an equivalent of 144.5 evasion, or if you prefer ~140 eva above your average MNK tp gear). It's the best to my knowlegde.

Hybrid evasion haste set dont work since evasion need to be super-stacked to be useful. Hybrid DT/haste better.

For "progression" section, you should mention the fact that the best TP hands (tenryu tekko +1 and nomkhapa mittens) are easy 6-man, and nightmare-tier to get in alliances, since the mobs are rarely farmed.

You should include tenryu hakama +1 (best shijin and smite legs, as well as best TP leg when accuracy is needed).
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-13 07:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks; the set I had posted was more for lower end content where a hybrid set is more than sufficient. I added yours as well.

I'll make sure to include that, still in the middle of re-piecing that section back together.
By Chimerawizard 2013-03-13 07:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Great guide!

Quote:
Little mistake? or just pointing of people towards your preferred weapon?
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-13 07:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I lold. I really should leave it, but I'll fix it. ^^;
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-13 07:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I'm consistently counting 115 evasion from that set. Not much a difference, just letting you know in case you listed something incorrectly from what you were using or something. /.\

Also, 37 AGI. Hmph.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-03-13 09:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mdkuser said: »
You should include tenryu hakama +1 (as best TP leg when accuracy is needed).

Wouldnt you simply use tantra legs if accuracy is needed? Or am I missing something?

Edit: Ah, checked the set in question after commenting. Makes sense I guess
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-13 09:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenryu are technically better if you need the accuracy form them. Monk has haste overflowing everywhere.
By leva 2013-03-13 10:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

2 months ago pchan was all HERP DERP all mythics suck on BG, now he is hyping Kenkoken as best h2h? I guess this means he is making Kenkoken as he has literally nothing left to do having only one person who will play with him.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-13 10:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I know he makes some pretty stupid claims, but let's try to be civil and not derail this except where he does so himself. There's no point in turning a helpful thread into a shitshorm unnecessarily.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2013-03-13 10:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If Tenryu+1 are out of my reach (I have no consistent source of income and they're rare as hell on my server to start with) are the NQ hands workable, or is there another set that uses Usu head/feet+1, or am I better off just sticking with Somen+1/Thaumas body/Melee gloves+2/Black belt/Tantra legs/tantra feet?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-13 11:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
★Hand equipment hierarchy: Tenryu +1 > Miodio Gloves > Nomkahpa Mitts > Brego Gloves > Omodaka Gote

:3

Read the comments with the gear sets for alternatives!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2013-03-13 11:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what happens when I don't sleep for two days.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-13 12:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
If you're making a Mythic for damage potential or usefulness make something else.

[+]
By Yushis 2013-03-13 13:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but in Impetus situations where Byakko apparently comes out ahead for Victory Smite, is that the augmented version? Currently I left them unaugmented as I only use them with Shijin.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-13 13:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, augmented unless the DEX is pushing you through the 40-50 dDEX range entirely.
By Niwa 2013-03-13 13:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Quote:
★Hand equipment hierarchy: Tenryu +1 > Miodio Gloves > Nomkahpa Mitts > Brego Gloves > Omodaka Gote

:3

Read the comments with the gear sets for alternatives!

I thought Nomkapha Mitts are better than Miodio Gloves?
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-03-13 14:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the thoughtful time and effort invested into making a quality guide. Dragoon next? :]
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-03-13 14:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
If Tenryu+1 are out of my reach (I have no consistent source of income and they're rare as hell on my server to start with) are the NQ hands workable, or is there another set that uses Usu head/feet+1, or am I better off just sticking with Somen+1/Thaumas body/Melee gloves+2/Black belt/Tantra legs/tantra feet?
4/5 Usu +1 with thaumas coat.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-13 14:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They're pretty much even, depends on your haste level.
 Fenrir.Steveo
user: steveo
By Fenrir.Steveo 2013-03-13 18:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

wow nice work
 Odin.Cyprias
Server: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-03-13 20:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Think an Idle set is worth mentioning? Pretty straight-forward, but a lot of people are still unaware of such a set to be used on every job.

Something like:

weapon/-/-/whatever
oce+1/twilight/-pdt earrings
mel. cyclas+2/denali hands/dark rings
shadow mantle/black belt/darksteel sub.+1/heraldsORhermes

Something like this as a hybrid of pdt/regen + movement.

Not optimal idle, just a general idea. If someone has something more efficient, post away.
By Otomis 2013-03-13 20:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Cyprias said: »
Think an Idle set is worth mentioning? Pretty straight-forward, but a lot of people are still unaware of such a set to be used on every job.

Something like:

weapon/-/-/whatever
oce+1/twilight/-pdt earrings
mel. cyclas+2/denali hands/dark rings
shadow mantle/black belt/darksteel sub.+1/heraldsORhermes

Something like this as a hybrid of pdt/regen + movement.

Not optimal idle, just a general idea. If someone has something more efficient, post away.

Most all my run speed sets are about same to what you have posted PDT/Regen/Run Speed/MDT. It is a good idea for those oh crap run away moment.
 Ragnarok.Klife
user: Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-03-13 22:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i've been fancying mnk for a while and i was gathering information from everywhere without being fully satisfied. This is perfect! thank you soo much for your guide!

Ps: think u need to fix a little something beside chakra job ability section. :) (its invigorate merit, not penance.)
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-03-14 09:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

In your high-end TP set you mention that augmented Byakko Haidate are good for when Impetus is up, but don't mention what else is needed to be swapped to maintain 25-26% haste. You would only have 24% just swapping haidate.
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2013-03-14 14:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Appreciate this, Jinjo. Looks like you put a lot of effort and time into it. I'll donate my spellcast for mid-grade MNK. Bokura does have a pastebin of his spellcast and autoexec. That is here: http://pastebin.com/uc3SeNNR

A few minor questions/thinking-out-loud comments as well...So Glanzfaust basically...sucks compared to both Spharai and Vereth? Also, I cannot see how Spharai outdamages Vereth on most content...sure base damage is higher, but the ability to at least maintain AM1 fulltime should push it over, no? The ODD is greater than the ODT procs. With accuracy capped, VS won't miss often, and spike higher than Spiral, even with AM1, no? I know you know your numbers, I guess what I am asking is how far does Spharai win over Vereth on average? Is it significant?
By luckycharms1877 2013-03-14 15:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear Jinjo, <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
[+]
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2013-03-14 15:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Demonmaniac said: »
Also, I cannot see how Spharai outdamages Vereth on most content...sure base damage is higher, but the ability to at least maintain AM1 fulltime should push it over, no? The ODD is greater than the ODT procs. With accuracy capped, VS won't miss often, and spike higher than Spiral, even with AM1, no? I know you know your numbers, I guess what I am asking is how far does Spharai win over Vereth on average? Is it significant?

It can be surprisingly hard to keep AM up in many circumstances such as the ones he has already mentioned.

In Spharai section:
Quote:
►So when should I be using this?

If you're unable to effectively take advantage of aftermath from Verethragna - either because of moving around a lot, or consistent amnesia, terror, stun, TP reset, and the like, you will most likely want to use Spharai. This means events like Salvage II, Neo-Nyzul Isle, Dynamis, and the like will give Spharai an advantage. But if you can start with 300 TP, and the fight is short, do not use Spharai.

AM1 doesn't do anything to WSs. And Spharai doesn't typically win by too much (when it does win) and he addressed this in his guide already.

Quote:
It is important to note that Monk's competitive weapons, Spharai and Verethragna, are really close in damage potential. What you will want to use will depend on a bunch of small factors. Most of this is in regards to the Level 99 versions of the weapons listed, but 95 Spharai and 90 Verethragna will yield similar comparisons, slightly favoring Spharai more in the situations it pulls ahead.

And he lists those factors under each weapon.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2013-03-15 00:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What would a Haste DT build without Usukane+1 or Tenryu look like? It seems like losing those options limits it really hard.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 363 364 365