First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 61 62 63
 Asura.Snapster
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-09-10 09:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Does Sirvente help you preserve some enmity from moves with a hate reset?

Would like to know this as well. Would be amazing if you can keep hate after reset moves.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-09-10 18:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
No, that's the english translation but it has already been reported to be an error just in the english text. It's different (and presumably correct?) in the JP description and it's a bonus you get while you have a song effect up.

Of course this has to be thoroughfully verified but it's quite likely going to be just like I said.

I was joking, but then again... who knows with SE. Anyways, what's a good mob to test it on? Seems like something with 1,000 needles would be an easy way to test it, but I can't recall which mobs would be easiest to use for that.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-09-10 20:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

went and tested on sabotender. it's flat 1% per merit. no bonus for more songs. Lame.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-11 06:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprised more songs don't give more potency to the effect.
But given how it can be 10% with just 1 song then again I'm not so surprised.

Eitherway, sounds pretty useless.

What's left to be tested is if it's Tier1 or Tier2 *DT
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-11 12:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Another important thing that is to be tested is if Ghorn works on Dirge now.
And Sirvente too I guess.

Pre patch it worked on Sirvente only but not Dirge.
If things are still like that, it's best to cast Dirge with Marsyas. (10% more duration, same potency)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-09-25 11:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If things are still like that, it's best to cast Dirge with Marsyas. (10% more duration, same potency)
It works the same as before and SE didn't mess it up or anything it's -32 like it would of been pre-update with 5/5 merits and Hand Aug. Testing: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category_talk:Dirge
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-26 09:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »

It works the same as before and SE didn't mess it up or anything it's -32 like it would of been pre-update with 5/5 merits and Hand Aug. Testing: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category_talk:Dirge
Good to know.

I guess Marsyas is the best instrument to cast Dirge with then.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-09-26 09:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Is there still a -50 enm cap?
It is still capped at -50, yes.

Asura.Chiaia said: »

*Clicks link* Whoa, how long has the actual dmg formula for Atonement dmg been known? Well, thanks I didn't know that. I see that the atonement page was only very recently updated with that formula. Seems like a a useful enmity testing tool as well.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-09-26 10:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
*Clicks link* Whoa, how long has the actual dmg formula for Atonement dmg been known?
Japanese player base figured it out a few years ago. I was recently linked to something and messed with it myself to double check. Then added it to BG's page.

Though it's not listed on their wiki so it must not be super common knowledge to them either.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
By gistofanything 2019-11-12 16:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I'm trying to math out a way to cap Fast Cast without swapping weapons if at all possible, but I seem to be coming up 3 points short.

ItemSet 369690

Linos - +6
Leyline Gloves - +3 (+8 total)
Cape - +10
Telchine - +5

I have a feeling there might be something somewhere that I'm missing, but I really don't think there is :(
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-12 16:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Weatherspoon+1 will get you 1% above cap, with that gearset.

Volte Brais from Sandy have 2% more FC
Volte Gaiters have 1% more FC than Taeon with 5% Aug.

Or you could go for DM augs on Chironic, can get up to 10% iir, that would be 2 more than your current option for hands and 5 more than your current option for feet.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-11-12 17:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can get 7% FC on Chironic legs/feet with Fern stones which will get you that 3 FC you're missing.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-12 17:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Can get 7% FC on Chironic legs/feet with Fern stones which will get you that 3 FC you're missing.
Wouldn't Chironic Legs with 7% FC be just 1% FC over his current option, Ayanmo+2, which are 6%?
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-11-12 17:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Chironic Legs with 7% FC be just 1% FC over his current option, Ayanmo+2, which are 6%?
Yes, plus the 2 extra from going from +5 FC Telchine to +7 FC Chironic, for a total of 3.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-12 17:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh sorry misread you then!
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-28 08:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

gistofanything said: »
Hello! I'm trying to math out a way to cap Fast Cast without swapping weapons if at all possible, but I seem to be coming up 3 points short.

ItemSet 369690

Linos - +6
Leyline Gloves - +3 (+8 total)
Cape - +10
Telchine - +5

I have a feeling there might be something somewhere that I'm missing, but I really don't think there is :(

BGWiki must be wrong? Ive used over 200 +1 stones and only got 4 FC on Linos, anyone confirm 5 or 6? if so which stone
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-10 08:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Reain I remember a long time ago you released a table of skill/tiers where you could see at which String Skill numbers you were getting a bump up in the range of Horde Lullaby II.

Do you still have this table somewhere?
Could be nice to check it to see if the new earring (String skill+10) allows us to mantain our BiS duration midcast build for Horde Lullaby II, and gain a new tier of range.
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2019-12-10 08:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/364571

Swap musical earring for new string skill earring and sash into luminary sash for new BiS 6yalm lullaby II (duration/accuracy)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-10 08:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind I found it, it's on BG. It's in the general "Lullaby" page, but not in the specific "Horde Lullaby II" page.

Basically we're looking at:
405 5
486 6
567 7
648* 8

We get:
+373 from capped skill
+036 from gifts
+016 from merits
+068 from gear (see below)
for a grand total of 493

Now technically that +68 from gear is debateable. I've considered Daurdabla with its +20, but technically Blurred+1 offers 10% more duration.
If you ask me when I want to go for real max duration I use Marsyas, but when you do that it's a Wind Instrument so the range will be fixed regardless of your wind/string skill.

Basically, does the new earring change anything?
If you have all the best gear no, it doesn't change anything.
It doesn't offer a new range tier if you're using Daurdabla, it doesn't either if you're using Blurred Harp +1.

What this new earring may offer is additional flexibility (and less macc lost) if you're going for a more "compromise" build where you want to balance duration, macc and String skill.
It will be slightly easier to reach the 486 tier, and it doesn't change the fact that I still think the 567 tier is, with the current gear, not worth the macc/duration loss imho.
By ryukin182 2019-12-17 20:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having trouble sleeping adds on HELMS for reis using the set posted below. I am also using Tropical Crepe (90 macc), assassin's drink, Soul voice. Vin/albu add resists every single time. Tips? Am I missing something? (other than digni earring for 5 macc) Thanks
ItemSet 370240
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-17 20:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds normal. I don't think it's possible to reach a 95%+ land rate on Albumen/Vinipata adds without abilities like Troubadour and Elemental Seal.
By ryukin182 2019-12-17 20:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds normal. I don't think it's possible to reach a 95%+ land rate on Albumen/Vinipata adds without abilities like Troubadour and Elemental Seal.

I'm landing 1/20 casts on vinipata adds with SV/nightengale/Troub. Should I be /blm for es then? Actually didn't think about how much es macc gives...
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-17 20:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have 5/5 merits in Troubadour? If so, you shouldn't be experiencing any resists.
By ryukin182 2019-12-17 20:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always the small things I swear. I took it out for dirge? for one of the ambus. Thanks
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-17 21:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »

I'm landing 1/20 casts on vinipata adds with SV/nightengale/Troub. Should I be /blm for es then? Actually didn't think about how much es macc gives...

I play too many jobs to have all af+3. So your magic acc set is far better than mine. And I've never been resisted. And you're using SV assassins drink and food.

Even if your appropriate set isn't equipping in midcast. Something is wrong. Brcause you should be landing with ease. Even my mule has hodgepodge macc set and can still land sleep with nitro + ES. Dont even bother with food and temps.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-12-18 09:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: nevermind!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-28 11:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a guide to Carols? Cheat sheet for which would be best for which status ailments?

I can start one, but I have limited knowledge. Looking at doom and such. Not sure if Dark Carols help with that. Love to get a massive list going for people to refer to. Unless one as been already done.
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 61 62 63