You Spoony Guide! - A Troubadour's Libretto
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 61 62 63
 Sylph.Infamy
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Virtue
By Sylph.Infamy 2017-07-29 16:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good point. I seldom get swapped between parties anymore so that's not really a factor for me. But if you're going to get swapped in and out of parties, that's all the more reason to practice a lot until you feel comfortable with the timing etc. Screwing up the rotation for the entire alliance will be a very bad thing.
By cuddlyhamster 2017-07-29 17:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I also used mote's brd lua as a starting point to customize my lua. he has additional binds in the lua
Quote:
-- Additional local binds
send_command('bind ^` gs c cycle ExtraSongsMode')
send_command('bind !` input /ma "Chocobo Mazurka" <me>')

Which means that Alt+(tilde) will do mazurka. and Ctrl+(tilde) will cycle through the extra songs choices " 'None', 'Dummy', 'FullLength' ". Tilde being the key to the left of '1' on the keyboard. So you dont have to make a macro for it if you dont want to.

Using his lua, I usually do songs as Ghorn, Ghorn, Full Length Pink harp, Full Length Pink Harp. since ghorn will give 40% increase duration and pink harp gives 30%. regardless of dummy songs or full length songs the ghorn will always overwrite pink harp outside of NiTro situations.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-30 07:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I don't have specific songs that automatically equip Daubla over other instruments.
I might be strange here but I always felt more comfortable picking my instrument manually.
I have 3 hotkeys on my G-keyboard. One is for Horn (which is default), one is for Daurdabla, one is for Marsyas.

My standard setup is casting 2 full songs with Horn, then 2 fakes with Daurdabla, then overwrite those fakes with Horn ones.
When I cast fakes, they are "real" songs. I don't use silly songs but the ones I really want to use.
If, say, I wanna give marchx2 balladx2, I'm gonna Marchx2 with Horn, then balladx2 with Dau, then overwrite balladx2 with Horn.

How do I pick the songs I cast first? Depends on what's most needed, what would gain more by being "full potency" from the go, and things like that. I make those decisions on the fly.

I like the freedom this way allows me to play BRD without binding myself to specific/useless songs for fakes.
Also sometimes there are instances where I want to cast all 4 songs with Daurdabla, for instance if party is too spread out or ignoring my signal to gather together.
At least I can give them all fakes and maybe overwrite them with real ones after.
Even if for whatever reason I won't be able to overwrite them, fake songs are better than no song.

Again I might be strange, since I'm aware most people like to automatize this part of playing bard but, dunno, I've always felt more comfortable this way.
[+]
By geigei 2017-08-03 05:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

"The issue with the Nibiru Harp wherein the Carols+2 effect was affecting non-Carol songs."

Who complained about this anyway?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-08-03 05:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
"The issue with the Nibiru Harp wherein the Carols+2 effect was affecting non-Carol songs."

Who complained about this anyway?
JP side of the forum submitted an official report and it got accepted ://
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-08-04 07:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

went back 4 pages, looking for some sets to build a bard on my mule, looking for order of importance

Marsys DDB Ghorn etc and some casting sets, not to worried about melee at the moment. First page looks outdated. Looking to find the important af/relic/emp to get etc
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-08-04 09:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Marsys>GHorn>DHarp>Carn
Relic: body/leg/feet
AF: 5/5 for Max Macc / Head/Hands/Feet(1st) if you are only going to try and land with NiTro up.
Empy: 5/5 Legs-Feet are optional depending on if you want potency vs duration.
Inyanga: body/legs
Ambu Cape: CHR/MACC/FC

Precast
Gendewitha Hands/Legs
Telchine Feet
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-04 10:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
Marsys>GHorn>DHarp>Carn
I agree with everything you said but I think Harp and Carn might be swap around according to some players and the use they make of their brd.

In some instances being able to ride perma Marcato Honor March and Perma NiTroSongs might make Carn more relevant than being able to get 4 songs instead of 3.

This is moot for content where you can reset JAs or NiTro is irrelevant or you get frequent Dispels and such.
To each his own I guess!
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-08-04 10:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Marsys>GHorn>DHarp>Carn
I agree with everything you said but I think Harp and Carn might be swap around according to some players and the use they make of their brd.

In some instances being able to ride perma Marcato Honor March and Perma NiTroSongs might make Carn more relevant than being able to get 4 songs instead of 3.

This is moot for content where you can reset JAs or NiTro is irrelevant or you get frequent Dispels and such.
To each his own I guess!

That's why I put it last because there are situations where having it wont change anything but having a 4th song always adds something. (And I am justifying it to myself because I don't wanna make another mythic, please don't make me!)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-04 10:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

it wont change anything but having a 4th song always adds something.
Yes, but is it gonna be something relevant all of the times?

If I have to give my personal preference, it's exactely like yours. I just made that post because I know some people have different opinions which I can honestly understand.
While it happened rarely to me, I've been sometimes in the situation of having ran out of useful songs to give and "wasting" that 4th (sometimes even 3rd lol!) song on something really really stupid just because I had nothing else to cast lol

Kinda stretching the situation here, but just saying it can happen!
I still personally prefer Mars > Horn > Harp > Carn, but for some people who make specific use of their BRD/mules I can totally understand how it would be > Carn > Harp for them.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-08-04 14:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I totally understand in situations where duration is king (sleeps come to mind) Carn is hard to beat and you can prebuff brd easier as well with a pocket-carn.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-08-14 15:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm cant seem to make my gearswap get my marsyas in, tried

sets.precast.FC.HonorMarch = set_combine(sets.precast.FC.BardSong, {range=Marsyas})

sets.midcast.HonorMarch = {hands="Fili Manchettes +1",range="Marsyas"}
 Sylph.Reain
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-08-14 16:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
sets.precast.FC["Honor March"] = set_combine(sets.precast.FC.BardSong,{range="Marsyas"})
sets.midcast["Honor March"] = set_combine(sets.midcast.SongEffect,{range="Marsyas"})

is what i use. Motenten based gs.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-08-14 16:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Marsyas isn't between quotation marks in your Fast Cast set.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-08-14 19:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
sets.midcast["Honor March"] = set_combine(sets.midcast.SongEffect,{range="Marsyas"})
you guys rock, thanks for the extra set of eyes
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-08-31 13:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone experiencing inconsistency with Horde Lullaby? I just learned about SE's AoE bubble to show the effected area of spells and the size hasn't been the same. I've unloaded gearswap and put Daurdabla (also tested Oneiros and it too had issues) on to see Horde II be both 4' and 5' while Horde I has been 4' and 8'. I've tried altering my skill and despite adjustments in nearly 100 combined skill, nothing changed via range. I put marsyas on and the ranges were different there as well, with Horde I being 3' and Horde II being 4'. This makes absolutely no sense to me and can't figure out if it's just the AoE bubble display thing that's glitching or if Horde Lullaby is broken somehow? This half *** "test" came as a result of dying soloing cards in Omen because Horde Lullaby (both) wouldn't reach mobs literally standing on top of me despite being 3.4' away from my target.

Edit: Moved to Escha RuAnn to try different mobs and now Marsyas is giving 4' range on both so I'm sure this will end up being something stupid I'm doing, but I really can't explain different ranges with the same skill/instruments.

Edit #2: Went back to Reisen where all the inconsistency started and I can't replicate the weird numbers I was getting originally. Gonna assume it was a random glitch unless someone else experiences similar issues.
 Sylph.Reain
By Sylph.Reain 2017-08-31 14:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was testing horde lullaby and horde lullaby II radius with harp.
Radius with no instrument or a wind instrument is 4 yalms.

Horde lullaby (Increases by 1 yalm with every 19.25 string skill over 77)
String skill ____________ Radius (yalms)
0-96 4
97 5
116 6
135 7
154 8

Horde lullaby II (Increases by 1 yalm with every 81 string skill over 324)
0-404 4
405 5
486 6
567* 7
648* 8

*These values are predicted. The maximum string skill currently achievable is 558.

I just measured with area effect. The actual area of effect may be 0.1 yalms smaller.

In reality you wouldn't give up song effect duration for string skill.

I tested this before. I think the 7 yalms horde lullaby II should be reachable now but requires 2 stikini rings +1 which i don't have.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-08-31 15:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

0-96 4
97 5
116 6
135 7
154 8

0-404 4
405 5
486 6
567* 7
648* 8

*These values are predicted. The maximum string skill currently achievable is 558.

I just measured with area effect. The actual area of effect may be 0.1 yalms smaller.

I tested this before. I think the 7 yalms horde lullaby II should be reachable now but requires 2 stikini rings +1 which i don't have.

Thank you, this is good info. Still doesn't explain the differing values I was getting, but at least sheds light on some of my confusion. I'd imagine what happened in omen was lag preventing harp from swapping in and the mob on top of me being just a hair over 4' away with me at 3.4' and perhaps it truly was just a glitch in Reisen when I began testing.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-08-31 16:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

0-96 4
97 5
116 6
135 7
154 8

0-404 4
405 5
486 6
567* 7
648* 8

I can test this later. I will also will add this info to the lullaby page on bg and link back to your original post.

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
Thank you, this is good info. Still doesn't explain the differing values I was getting, but at least sheds light on some of my confusion. I'd imagine what happened in omen was lag preventing harp from swapping in and the mob on top of me being just a hair over 4' away with me at 3.4' and perhaps it truly was just a glitch in Reisen when I began testing.

Might be a stupid question, but did you test on flat land? if you are on a slope the aoe range could be severely nerfed...
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-08-31 19:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

0-96 4
97 5
116 6
135 7
154 8

0-404 4
405 5
486 6
567* 7
648* 8

I can test this later. I will also will add this info to the lullaby page on bg and link back to your original post.

Might be a stupid question, but did you test on flat land? if you are on a slope the aoe range could be severely nerfed...

I had considered that and made sure the area was indeed relatively flat. Perhaps the mob was positioned weirdly and/or small little bumps were enough to skew the results. At any rate, I'm getting consistent results now which is all I really wanted.

Side note though, can we get 6' radius on Horde II w/o sacrificing duration gear? I briefly looked and it seems like no unless I overlooked something (which is likely since I didn't look too hard).
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-01 09:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

0-96 4
97 5
116 6
135 7
154 8

0-404 4
405 5
486 6
567* 7
648* 8

Using this gearset with max merits and JP (Both Kalis augmented with string skill +10)

ItemSet 353069

the highest string skill you could get to is 568. Am I missing anything else? This is of course impractical due to ninja sub needed and the loss of carnwenhan and other duration+ gear...
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
By Sylph.Reain 2017-09-01 09:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you got everything. I just meant to test the tier rather than as a practical set.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-01 09:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note though, can we get 6' radius on Horde II w/o sacrificing duration gear? I briefly looked and it seems like no unless I overlooked something (which is likely since I didn't look too hard).

Something has to be sacrificed to hit it, and the easiest thing (granted your using blurred harp/+1 is Fili body swapped with AF+3 body, you only lose 10%. anything else would lower it more.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
By Sylph.Reain 2017-09-01 10:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Assumes capped gifts and string merits.

ItemSet 353067

Some rather large sacrifices on accessories. Without Stikini Ring+1 you need Erato's Cape(huge sacrifice when not using Troubadour) or Kali Path D offhand. But only sacrifices 10-20% duration on range slot.

ItemSet 353071

Sacrifices 10-20% on range and 12% on body for quite a bit of m.acc. Porous rope is an alternative for waist.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-01 16:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you got everything. I just meant to test the tier rather than as a practical set.

Just tested and confirmed, at 568 string the radius on horde lullaby II is 7 yalms. at 564 it dropped to 6.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Raesvelg
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Raesvelg
By Quetzalcoatl.Raesvelg 2017-09-01 17:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What, no Moonbow Whistle +1 yet Reain? I am disappointed.

Suppose I need to read through this stuff since I went and made a Marsyas out of boredom...
 Carbuncle.Deathhaven
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Deathhaven 2017-09-04 22:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone using a auto Pianissimo gearswap?

I get a attempt to compare number with nil message. When I move the text above, my precast gear stops working.

I added the below in Job Specific hooks for standard casting events. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

f

function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.type == 'BardSong' then
-- Auto-Pianissimo
if spell.target.type == 'PLAYER' and not spell.target.charmed and not state.Buff['Pianissimo'] then
send_command('@input /ja "Pianissimo" <me>; wait 1.5; input /ma "'..spell.name..'" '..spell.target.name)
eventArgs.cancel = true
return
end
end
end
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-05 01:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What number should I be seeing on Carol and carol 2 with optimal gear?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-05 07:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
What number should I be seeing on Carol and carol 2 with optimal gear?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Carol
 Bahamut.Baozzer
Server: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-09-05 08:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Deathhaven said: »
anyone using a auto Pianissimo gearswap?

I get a attempt to compare number with nil message. When I move the text above, my precast gear stops working.

I added the below in Job Specific hooks for standard casting events. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

f

function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.type == 'BardSong' then
-- Auto-Pianissimo
if spell.target.type == 'PLAYER' and not spell.target.charmed and not state.Buff['Pianissimo'] then
send_command('@input /ja "Pianissimo" <me>; wait 1.5; input /ma "'..spell.name..'" '..spell.target.name)
eventArgs.cancel = true
return
end
end
end

this is what im using in my precast rules:
if spell.target.type == 'PLAYER' and not spell.target.charmed and not buffactive.Pianissimo then
cancel_spell()
send_command('@input /ja "Pianissimo" <me>; wait 1; input /ma "'..spell.name..'" '..spell.target.name)
return
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 61 62 63