First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 61 62 63
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-09-12 17:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever actually seen a Linos with a Regen augment? I just blew 22 Leaftip +2, 21 Leaftip +1, and 13 Leaftip stones without getting a single Regen augment. STP, Skillchain Damage, Subtle Blow, and BDT were common. I never saw Crit damage either.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2016-09-12 19:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Has anyone ever actually seen a Linos with a Regen augment? I just blew 22 Leaftip +2, 21 Leaftip +1, and 13 Leaftip stones without getting a single Regen augment. STP, Skillchain Damage, Subtle Blow, and BDT were common. I never saw Crit damage either.

Same. Been trying for Crit dmg for an evis Linos and got pretty much all of that, plus a Waltz Potency once or twice.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-09-12 19:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, at least I'm not alone. I bet it's just not possible on Instruments.

Today I discovered that Oneiros Harp has only Regen +1 on it, which makes it less attractive to me as an idle piece.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2016-09-12 20:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally don't bother with idle harps cause it blinks through lockstyle for anyone not running dressup. Saying that I do have a Nibiru Harp path D which is Magic evasion+20 PDT-3 MDT-3.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-13 01:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I blowed 5 stacks of Leaftip+1 back in the days but I couldn't see any Regen augment either.
Not sure if that matters though, because 5 stacks is not a sample large enough and it took me even more stacks to see "Quadruple attack" ONCE. Soo... I dunno if that rules out anything.

Also in the Table Jeanpaul compiled I think there's an error in the physical accuracy cap reported.
15 is the cap (I got only a 13 after several stacks, sigh) but I think it actually caps at 20 because I've seen a +18 Linos.
 Sylph.Reain
By Sylph.Reain 2016-09-17 20:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was testing horde lullaby and horde lullaby II radius with harp.
Radius with no instrument or a wind instrument is 4 yalms.

Horde lullaby (Increases by 1 yalm with every 19.25 string skill over 77)
String skill ____________ Radius (yalms)
0-96 4
97 5
116 6
135 7
154 8

Horde lullaby II (Increases by 1 yalm with every 81 string skill over 324)
String skill ____________ Radius (yalms)
0-404 4
405 5
486 6
567* 7
648* 8

*These values are predicted. The maximum string skill currently achievable is 558.

I just measured with area effect. The actual area of effect may be 0.1 yalms smaller.

In reality you wouldn't give up song effect duration for string skill.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-19 03:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This is an interesting test.
Last time I checked radius of Horde Lullaby II it came out as ~5 yalms radius with Daurdabla99.
I don't remember how much String I had, but my combined skill was ~1024.
I was dumb enough to avoid considering that for the purpose of range just string skill alone matters.

Still, thanks to your test we learned that range doesn't increase gradually, but in tiered steps of 1 yalms.
I wonder if I really was under 486 skill when I did my test, but it seems the case.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-19 12:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep I can confirm I have gear to get above 500 string skill easily, but in my default debuff set I have under 486.

I used to have a specific debuffstring set combined with the debuff one, but for the sake of inventory and outdated pieces in raw macc, my debuffstring set is now the same as my default debuff set.

My duration set has 445 string skill, which still falls within the 5 yalms range and is consistent with the value I got during my tests.

Please Reain make sure that info goes on Wiki lullaby page and that someone sticks it in the front post of this thread!
 Carbuncle.Msoc
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Msoc 2016-09-28 00:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 346575

This is my sleep duration set which I used in the master trails SL fight. During the Sl fight I struggled to sleep during this fight without N/T even having the Idris geo Focus/lang which still took about 5 tries. We ended up winning the fight 2x but I've watched videos of Brds sleeping in this fight without and issues. So my question is anyone have any tips? I would love to be able to sleep this with out problems

I do have all 3 instruments R/E/A

Food pear crepes
and my back augs are 20CHR/30MAcc/10fastcast
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-09-28 01:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm no BRD, but surely you could afford to switch out some of those duration pieces for more magic accuracy when N+T aren't up.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-09-28 01:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Without sacrificing duration:
* Afterglow Carn, if you haven't
* You can get another 5 MAcc out of an augmented Genbu's Shield.
* You can use HQ food.
* Enchanter Earring +1 over Gwati
* Chironic Hat with decent augments is better than Bihu +1 (up to the tune of 20-30 MAcc iirc). Even Brioso +1 is better than Bihu +1 for harp.
* Stikini Ring NQ is probably either equal or better than your Carb Ring +1s. HQs would obviously be even better still.
* Blurred Harp +1 is actually the best Lullaby instrument, not Daurd.

After that, you have to start sacrificing duration.
* Hands - 29 CHR, 13 Singing, 10% duration -> Inyan +1 (29 CHR, 37 MAcc, 18 String, 18 Singing) : Net 37 MAcc, 5 String, 18 Singing (~50 MAcc)
* Feet - 38 CHR, 11% duration -> Inyan +1 (43 CHR, 36 MAcc) : Net 5 CHR, 36 MAcc (~41 MAcc)
* Body - 37 CHR, 14 Singing, 12% duration -> Chironic (~35 CHR, ~50 MAcc) : Net -2 CHR, ~50 MAcc, -14 Singing (~40 MAcc)
* Neck - 10% duration -> Canto +1 (~10 CHR, 6 Singing) : Net ~10 CHR, 6 Singing (~14 MAcc)

The above is probably the order you should make swaps in.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-28 05:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Good tips from Byrth overall, a few notes from me though:

Without sacrificing duration:
* Chironic Hat with decent augments is better than Bihu +1 (up to the tune of 20-30 MAcc iirc).
Chironic can indeed get better than Bihu+1 but it takes quite an excellent roll, not a decent one.
It takes macc+35 augment to beat Bihu+1 if I recall.
Out of a possible max aug of +40 that's a very good roll.
Of course it takes less macc if you also happen to get CHR. Maybe go with Taupe and hope for good rolls on CHR/Macc?

Quote:
Even Brioso +1 is better than Bihu +1 for harp.
It's not? D:
Bihu grants roughly ~73 macc, Brioso grants ~64 (only for string)
You could arguably talk about the benefit of the 9 additional skill if it makes you reach a higher "range" tier, but that's still a compromise you're accepting, sacrificing macc for range.
I think Msoc was talking about macc only instead?

Quote:
* Blurred Harp +1 is actually the best Lullaby instrument, not Daurd.
Uh no? The best Lullaby instrument (for duration) is Marsyas.
I'm not sure what Msoc wants or needs here.
If he wants exclusively duration => Marsyas.
If he wants exclusively macc => Ghorn (10% duration loss)
If he wants range with minimal duration loss => Blurred+1 (10% duration loss)
If he wants range and macc with some duration loss => Daubla99 (20% duration loss)

Very good tips on what duration item to sacrifice in which order to get more macc.
Very very useful <3

Concerning range, Reain already made a very useful post some weeks ago.
Basically Horde Lullaby II with wind instrument caps at 4 yalms radius (not diameter, radius!) and Horde Lullaby II with String instrument "caps" at 6.
Base String Skill for a job master BRD should be 425. With the gear Msoc is talking about he's getting no string skill at all except for the +20 from Daurdabla, so he's not reaching the 486 Range tier, which means his Horde Lullaby II harp range will be "only" 1 yalms bigger than his Wind one.
1 yalm for much less macc and 10-20% less duration.
Not sure it's worth it if you ask me, unless that 1 yalm really makes a difference for some reason.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-09-28 08:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, it was late and I forgot that Chironic doesn't necessarily go up to 40 MAcc. So Bihu Hat +1 has 14 MAcc, 14 Singing, and 6 CHR over Chironic hat, which is worth approximately 28 MAcc. Toss enough fern stones at a piece and you'll eventually get over 28 MAcc or some combination of MAcc and CHR that adds up to 28. It's a good roll, but not a great roll, but also not as big of an upgrade as I thought.

I'll point out that even 5 yalms vs. 4 yalms gives you a 56% larger area with string than horn.

Blurred Harp +1 is 40% duration and string (better than the 30% duration and string of Daurd), which is what I was going for.
 Sylph.Reain
By Sylph.Reain 2016-09-28 08:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Troubadour caps your magic accuracy for songs and guarantees no partial resists. I suspect a level 75 bard with 5/5 troubadour and 0 skill could land debuffs for full duration on anything that isn't immune if someone wants to test.

The only thing I have seen stop Troubadour are Magic shields, auras, switching immunties (Golden Kist) and resist-slow can proc against elegy.

I haven't done the fight so it's difficult to comment. First choice would be to reset Troubadour though. You could try avoiding using Nightingale/Marcato/Pianissimo/Tenuto and getting a lucky random deal to reset troubadour if you are taking a corsair. Then Wild Card if random deal fails. Then random deal again.

Another choice is to sub blm and alternative Troubadour and elemental seal. I've found that elemental seal isn't foolproof with Horde lullaby II if you cast on enough monsters (a half resist vs one of six of Vinipata's adds in max duration gear). The downside of this other than losing /whm spells if that you only get 1 cast with elemental seal and if you miss anything with horde you are screwed.

The 3rd choice is increasing your magic accuracy. Wind Instruments are inherently more accurate than harps so I think you'll have to live with a smaller radius. Gjallarhorn being the best choice. You'll need focus/languor and crepes. You'll need to sacrifice duration for m.acc in most slots as others have said. Other than that you could charisma etude yourself, get boost-CHR if you have a whm, try and put up am1? Are you sure that the other bards are landing without troubadour? My linkshell rarely gives me focus and I struggle without it or troubadour.

Troubadour is really really good. Did I mention I love troubadour?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-09-28 09:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, BGwiki is wrong about Chironic. I have a Chironic doublet with 34 MAcc/MAtk, so my estimations for the hat and doublet are accurate.

Also, making the Inyanga hands swap and 2 Sti rings puts you within striking distance of 486 String skill with Daurd (473). Using Darkside earring and Reti Pendant or Incanter's torque would cost you a few MAcc but push you over.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-28 09:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, it was late and I forgot that Chironic doesn't necessarily go up to 40 MAcc. So Bihu Hat +1 has 14 MAcc, 14 Singing, and 6 CHR over Chironic hat, which is worth approximately 28 MAcc. Toss enough fern stones at a piece and you'll eventually get over 28 MAcc or some combination of MAcc and CHR that adds up to 28. It's a good roll, but not a great roll, but also not as big of an upgrade as I thought.
Pretty confident Chironic can get up to 40 macc, maybe just with Pellucid I dunno, but it can.
But still, you would need a +35 macc (alone) for it to be better than Bihu, or of course less if you get CHR as well.
It's not impossible at all, but I wouldn't define it an average roll either. You would need a pretty good roll, and the result would be only marginally better than Bihu+1.
Not saying I'm against augmenting Chironic to replace Bihu, not at all, I was just saying that just this alone I'm afraid won't solve any noticeable macc issues =/

I don't get your numbers though.
For the sake of simplicity I converted CHR 1:1 to Macc. It could be less than that if your CHR is excesively over the target's CHR, but I feel this won't be the case on anything that matters.
Singing skill too converts to 1:1 (or roughly around that), unlike Wind and String skill which have a much worse conversion (it takes around 3 wind/string to get ~1 macc)

Quote:
I'll point out that even 5 yalms vs. 4 yalms gives you a 56% larger area with string than horn.
I wasn't arguing against Blurred+1 being an excellent option. I was arguing about defining it "the best" option.
Because from my pov there is no "best" option, it depends on what your goals are, like I said before.
Most of the time I'm sleeping stuff on BRD I can name Vinipata and Albumen, on those I'm gonna prefer Marsyas' additional 10% duration any day, since macc is no issue (either Troub or EleSeal will be up) and range isn't either.
In some situations Blurred+1 is totally the best. But THE best always? Imho absolutely not.

Sylph.Reain said: »
I think Troubadour caps your magic accuracy for songs and guarantees no partial resists. I suspect a level 75 bard with 5/5 troubadour and 0 skill could land debuffs for full duration on anything that isn't immune if someone wants to test.
Absolutely but Msoc was complaining about having a hard time to stick debuffs WITHOUT Troub :)

I normally go /NIN for the additional duration I get by offhanding a Kali (and additional macc too!), when /WHM or /RDM aren't needed.
Some other times I go /BLM to alternate Troubadour and Elementalseal JAs, which I can then reset together with Wild Card, RandomDeal or Super Revit :D
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-28 09:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
Wind Instruments are inherently more accurate than harps
Small note about this, since I was about to write the same thing in the last posts but then refrained from doing so.
I was "taught" this back in the days of level75 cap when I was a noob BRD doing dynamis LS stuff.
I wonder though... is this real?
Do Wind Instruments really have intrinsic higher macc than String ones? Or was that effect a byproduct or something else?

It does make sense for it to be real (String focus on range, Wind focus on macc) but I don't think I've ever read extensive tests about it...
 Sylph.Reain
By Sylph.Reain 2016-09-28 10:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

486 without dropping any duration is possible (except range) but takes either a stikini ring+1 or offhanding a path D Kali

Main: Carnwenhan
(Sub: Kali Path D)
Range: Daurdabla 99
Head: Brioso Roundlet +1
neck: Aoidos' matinee
ear: Darkside earring
ear: Musical earring
body: Fili Hongreline +1
hands: Brioso cuffs +1
ring1: Stikini Ring (+1)
ring2: Stikini Ring
Back: Erato's cape
Waist: Harfner's Sash
Legs: Inyanga shalwar +1
Feet: Brioso Slippers +1

If offhanding a Kali you don't need a 2nd Stikini ring. Assumes max string skill gifts. Only really practical when combined with Troubadour. Losing 20% duration only on the range slot but gaining a 6 yalm radius horde lullaby II.

@Sechs I'm pretty sure it's true but I dont have any proof. I guess it could just be there was more wind skill available.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-28 12:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That's an excellent setup, 2 more yalms radius = 4 more yalms diameter = quite a noticeable difference in range, at "only" 20% duration cost. Even less if you consider the 5% additional one from Kali.
(as mentioned before, I like to offhand Kali regardless when possible)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-30 01:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lately I've been starting to mess around with BRD/BLM on Vinipata and Albumen to alternate NiTro with EleSeal and I've been experiencing some peculiar results.

I've never experienced resists with EleSeal lullaby, but sometimes (not 100% of the times, but not rarely either) it happens that one of the slept monsters wakes up before the others.
Happened some weeks ago on Vinipata, and yesterday on Albumen where one of the mandies woke up almost 1 min before the others.
I doublechecked the log and nobody performed any sort of action on the culprit.

As I mentioned before this doesn't happen 100% of the times, but it's not some rare occurrence either. It's because it keeps happening that I'm starting to find it peculiar.

What do you guys think could be the cause in that, since I've never ever seen that happening when I use NiTro?
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2016-09-30 03:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What I can tell is Ele.seal does not give 100% accuracy. (ie. Maju can resist ele.seal blind)
It just adds some numbers. (wiki says around 250, which I doubt, but ok)

I'm not sure how troubadour works though. Could you land anything naked ?
I can't remember having ever been resisted with troub on.
If you can be resisted, then it just means troub gives more macc than ele.seal.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-30 03:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If I recall Troubadour doesn't give 100% landing rate either, it "just" doubles your magic accuracy with 5/5 merits.
In practics I've never seen a song resisted with Troub up unless there's magic shields up or similar or the monster is immune to an element or if he has "Resist Slow" traits.

For instance back in the days when Delve2 was Fresh, the tree delve Boss (Yakshi?) was resisting my Elegy even with Troub, Threnody1 and Soul voice up (Soul Voice confers another undefined but pretty consistant macc boost).

Likewise on Albumen, altough I think I've managed to stick Elegy on Albumen sometimes but she normally resists it.

The thing that's been happening to me with EleSeal is not even that I get resisted because the Lullaby sticks and I've never seen anything resist my lullaby with EleSeal up.
It's not even a 50% resist either but something smaller.
Out of over 6 minutes duration one add woke up after a bit more than 5 minutes. That's a uhm... ~15% less duration approx?
I really can't explain, I'm not very literate on how resists work for debuffs.
Maybe I should go inquire in the Random Magic Facts thread on BG as well.

Edit:
Nevermind I was sleeping with EleSeal, not NiTro, so my duration wasn't over 6 mins but slightly over 3 mins. Which means ~30% less duration?
 Asura.Neufko
By Asura.Neufko 2016-09-30 04:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I know for sure that the spell "Sleep" has only 2 levels of resist. It's either 50% or 100% resisted. Maybe lullaby works differently and has more levels like elemental spells so 1/2 1/4 1/8 resists.

So if 3 minutes is the duration without nitro, resisting would mean a duration of 1.5m, 45s and 22s respectively.
Does it make any sense ?

Quote:
If I recall Troubadour doesn't give 100% landing rate either, it "just" doubles your magic accuracy with 5/5 merit
So ok, Troub would be way more powerfull than ele.seal then.
 Asura.Neufko
By Asura.Neufko 2016-09-30 04:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought, but maybe the resisting tiers are only applied to the base duration ? Then it could explain your 20-30% gap
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-30 05:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I had Marcato Up yesterday during EleSeal, so my Duration should've been 194.8 seconds, not sure if it gets rounded up or down (or if it doesn't get rounded at all!).

Regardless, that's 3 minutes and ~14 seconds duration.
With such a duration a 1/4 resist would've been approx 48.7 seconds earlier wake up.
I noticed it as "bit less than a minute".
It could totally have been 48.7
 Asura.Neufko
By Asura.Neufko 2016-09-30 05:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

1/4 resist is worst than 1/2 resist. So 48.7 would be the whole duration. It has to be something else.

lullaby II +5 has 90 base duration right ? So 1/2 resist would make sense if it's only applied to base duration
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-30 05:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

No, base duration is 30 for Horde I and 60 for Horde 2.
Everything else (including instrument) is added as a % bonus.
I already posted the full formula some pages ago but copypasting from my lua

full_duration = ((((duration.base * (duration.gear + duration.instrument))+duration.lullabyJP + duration.clarion) * duration.troubadour) + duration.marcato)

duration.gear, duration.instrument and duration from gifts are actually on the same term, they all get added together in that level of the formula.
LullabyJPs and Clarioncall bonuses get added after that but before Troubadour 2x multiplication, last but not least Marcato duration gets added at the end of the formula.
 Asura.Neufko
By Asura.Neufko 2016-09-30 05:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Then it's impossible to solve without at least one live chicken and a rabbi
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-30 06:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Full duration of BRD debuffs = (((base durationof thespell * (gearbonus + instrumentbonus + giftsbonus)+ lullabyJPbonus + clarioncallbonus) * Troubadourbonus) + Marcatobonus

Is it easier now to understand? Sorry, math never been my forte.
 Sylph.Reain
By Sylph.Reain 2016-09-30 08:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely a half resist. I don't know how it calculates though.

(30 * 2.68)+20+20 = 2mins (1/2 resist)
(60*2.68)+20+20 = 3mins20 (no resist)

or 3mins20 divided by 2? 1min40?

The partial resist with ES might be related to the number of targets you are casting on. Up to 6 at Vinipata and up to 12 at Albumen? Can confirm I've had 1 monster out 6 partial resist me at Vinipata with ES. We are also sacrificing a lot of magic accuracy for duration.

As for troubadour, the help text for the merit says unerring song accuracy which would imply it can't resist unless immune.

I think the exceptions are:
Magic shield
Elemental Sforzo
Certain auras(certain delve bosses)
Changing immunities (e.g. Golden kist)
Resist-slow vs elegy
Possibly things that reduce duration with each Lullaby? (Operation desert swarm, Roc/Simurgh). I'm not sure about this one or whether you would count it as a resist.

Also certain stuff can remove debuffs e.g.
One of Vinipata's stances
Stuff that removes debuffs when passive (Warder of Courage)
But those aren't resists.

I think I read somewhere that songs only have full duration/half duration/full resist resistance states but I could be wrong and I'm not sure where I read it.

I'm not sure but it seemed like I wasn't getting full duration on Kouryu but I may have just casted on the wrong equipment or something.
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 61 62 63