Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-09-27 15:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Agreed

Rdm is far from dead and was never intended to be a buffing job like brd/cor/sch. Rdm is about enfeebles and diversity. A good rdm still has a place in most parties. I frequently am the only mage in a group. Especially outside where mp is not unlimited and the ability to quickly change party role is invaluable. The biggest problem with rdm is the lack of powerful and unique enfeebles and the playerbase's attitude toward the job and constantly resorting to super buffed zerg tactics.

There's really not much you can do about players' attitudes. Specialization is the name of the game in XI and the community will always go toward the best, fastest and/or most effective way. Rdm has few roles that meet those requirements and thus it's not a popular choice when other jobs can do nearly everything a rdm can and more. It's very difficult to find a place for every job or at the least make it so many of them are universally interchangeable and thus can equally distribute popularity. I'd love to put on the chapeau more but I've not seen any need to lately.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-27 15:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

A good rdm still has a place in most parties.
Speaking as someone with access to two well-geared RDMs... I'd hate to be in whatever parties you're in.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-27 15:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing that a RDM can do that another job can't do sufficiently or better. Further, while enfeebles aren't "useless", most of them certainly aren't necessary for a majority of situations in which you're aiming for either sufficiency or maximum efficiency.

Now, if you're trying to do Legion with a bunch of Perle DRKs and SAMs...
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-09-27 15:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
Sylph.Sagiaurex said: »
Sylph.Mesheef said: »
Dear S.E.,

Stop giving RDM the shaft.

Sincerely,
The people that pay for your paycheck.

Agreed

Rdm is far from dead and was never intended to be a buffing job like brd/cor/sch. Rdm is about enfeebles and diversity. A good rdm still has a place in most parties. I frequently am the only mage in a group. Especially outside where mp is not unlimited and the ability to quickly change party role is invaluable. The biggest problem with rdm is the lack of powerful and unique enfeebles and the playerbase's attitude toward the job and constantly resorting to super buffed zerg tactics.
Granted Saboteur Addle when RDM was the only job with Addle *** ALL of the spellcasting mobs up.....and Saboteur Paralyze II....and Saboteur Slow II....and Saboteur anything really......but you know...
enfeebling is quite useless

I also wonder if RDM's new two hour will work on just the spells you cast or any enhancing magic cast for the duration of the ability....cause if they take away super embrava....and give it back with RDM + SCH working together...that'd be nice~

I really dont have high hopes for the new 2Hr, it'd only be moderately useful in a solo situation and even if that it'd have to be clutch, then theres the manner of how long it even lasts, meh.
By Enuyasha 2012-09-27 15:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear S.E.,

Sincerely,

Agreed

Granted Saboteur Addle when RDM was the only job with Addle *** ALL of the spellcasting mobs up.....and Saboteur Paralyze II....and Saboteur Slow II....and Saboteur anything really......but you know...

I also wonder if RDM's new two hour will work on just the spells you cast or any enhancing magic cast for the duration of the ability....cause if they take away super embrava....and give it back with RDM + SCH working together...that'd be nice~

I really dont have high hopes for the new 2Hr, it'd only be moderately useful in a solo situation and even if that it'd have to be clutch, then theres the manner of how long it even lasts, meh.
I honestly dont understand why they made the ability something that you could've introduced like Saboteur and give something that complimented Chainspell but wasn't as retardedly good as Chainspell...iunno...SE + Logic = no solution.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-09-27 15:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear S.E.,

Sincerely,

Agreed

I honestly dont understand why they made the ability something that you could've introduced like Saboteur and give something that complimented Chainspell but wasn't as retardedly good as Chainspell...iunno...SE + Logic = no solution.

If it was up to me i'd introduce a 2hr that turns your entire party into miniature botulus's....I mean cmon how fun would that be...But on a serious note i'm really not sure why they didn't just do that :<
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-27 15:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

For the same reason that basically every other one of the new 2hrs is completely worthless.
 Sylph.Mesheef
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-09-27 15:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

that sounds quite unpleasant
it was...

also to the person that said enfeebles are useless, do the world a favor and start cliff jumping without a parachute as a hobby.

i haven't been online for a little over 6 months so my gear might be a tad outdated but as Sagi can attest my rdm is something not to triffle with. i have tons of gear all skills capped and play the ***out of rdm.

now i know that rdm won't out tank a pld, or out dd a drk, out nuke a sch. BUT! it is damn fun to keep up with those jobs in respective categories. takes a lot of gear but a rdm is still useful.

you really need to gear and learn your rdm to do all that, i am still lacking in some gear for all that now because of my "vacation" but nothing says i can't get that gear when i get on.

lets not forget, rdm is flat out fun.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-27 15:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but I find it logically impossible that a RDM is comparablyDDing a DRK or comparablynuking a SCH. I also find it rather difficult to fathom that a RDM will be comparablytanking an Aegis or Ochain PLD in the situations where you need anything other than a DD tank

I mean maybe if the DRK is using a dagger, the SCH isn't allowed to use stratagems, and the PLD is naked and can't use any abilities or spells.
By Enuyasha 2012-09-27 15:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

that sounds quite unpleasant
it was...

also to the person that said enfeebles are useless, do the world a favor and start cliff jumping without a parachute as a hobby.

i haven't been online for a little over 6 months so my gear might be a tad outdated but as Sagi can attest my rdm is something not to triffle with. i have tons of gear all skills capped and play the ***out of rdm.

now i know that rdm won't out tank a pld, or out dd a drk, out nuke a sch. BUT! it is damn fun to keep up with those jobs in respective categories. takes a lot of gear but a rdm is still useful.

you really need to gear and learn your rdm to do all that, i am still lacking in some gear for all that now because of my "vacation" but nothing says i can't get that gear when i get on.

lets not forget, rdm is flat out fun.
sarcasm /sarcasm tags :< (you prolly where talking at someone else but meh~)

I LOVED enfeebling with Sabo'd spells in Aby on certain mobs cause it made the fights entertaining. Want a laugh? 1/5 Paralyze II Saboteur on Dragua....its hilarious to me how it tries to do things but it cant :<
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-09-27 15:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Sorry but I find it logically impossible that a RDM is comparablyDDing a DRK or comparablynuking a SCH. I also find it rather difficult to fathom that a RDM will be comparablytanking an Aegis or Ochain PLD in the situations where you need anything other than a DD tank

rdm wont meet the same numbers in spike dmg but you can attack much faster, nuke faster, last longer with mp, fast cast, also the merit sword w.s. will do wonders on rdm due to the mnd rdm gets. i am certain if you look around you will find sone astonishing stuff rdm has accomplished and can do.

the problem is people are so wrapped up on what a rdm can't do they don't try to test what a rdm can do.

also, find yourself a good geared and knowledgeable rdm and go pvp them tell me the outcome on every job you go.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-09-27 15:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only been in one situation like that and it wasnt anything that serious was a jeuno T2 shout group i went to which wiped on the warmoura and the corse, ended up tanking both for several minutes (the warmoura for the entire fight), yeah not really impressive but meh. and no a rdm couldnt really stack up to a well geared DD and it shouldn't.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-09-27 15:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm wont meet the same numbers in spike dmg but you can attack much faster, nuke faster, last longer with mp, fast cast, also the merit sword w.s. will do wonders on rdm due to the mnd rdm gets. i am certain if you look around you will find sone astonishing stuff rdm has accomplished and can do.

the problem is people are so wrapped up on what a rdm can't do they don't try to test what a rdm can do.

Its funny I always outparsed a former lsmate of mine we made an empy spear for lol (and this was on old content mind you). Idk it just made me giggle XD
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-27 15:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

empy spear is basically an analog to that dagger DRK that I was talking about
By Enuyasha 2012-09-27 15:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Its funny I always outparsed a former lsmate of mine we made an empy spear for lol (and this was on old content mind you). Idk it just made me giggle XD
I must say, Almace is fun on RDM. I'm nowhere near geared correctly for melee RDM but i like to Zorro things in the face on RDM every now and then
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-09-27 15:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

empy spear is basically an analog to that dagger DRK that I was talking about

I suppose, cant really take em seriously either when he tps in full Af3+2 XD.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-09-27 15:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I must say, Almace is fun on RDM. I'm nowhere near geared correctly for melee RDM but i like to Zorro things in the face on RDM every now and then

I really need to get around to making myself one @.@;
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-09-27 15:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

how many times did we have people afk on us in parties cause you and i did all the work...

-.-
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-09-27 15:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

how many times did we have people afk on us in parties cause you and i did all the work...

-.-

Oh dear god don't remind me.
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-09-27 15:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

-.-

Oh dear god don't remind me.

that's what we get for pulling with nukes that one shot....
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-27 15:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm wont meet the same numbers in spike dmg but you can attack much faster, nuke faster, last longer with mp, fast cast, also the merit sword w.s. will do wonders on rdm due to the mnd rdm gets.
Are we talking about the same job(s) here? This is nonsense. You're not attacking faster than a DRK (or a BLU for that matter), you're not nuking faster or getting more out of your MP than a SCH, and you don't have enough attack to get real damage out of Requiescat on anything above EP-weak DC. You talk about people being blinded but you need to take the blinders off yourself.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-27 15:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

but... but... fast cast...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-27 15:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Admittedly I'm not 100% sure on that point, but I'm pretty sure SCH gets enough fast cast gear that they're both at or damn near casting time cap.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-27 15:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention stratagems. Admittedly a good RDM should have those too, but a melee RDM won't and a SCH has more of them.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-27 15:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at gear SCH/RDM should come out around 65-70% FC; MDMG Magian staves have casting time -14% so yeah, both can cap.

Granted even BLM caps these days thanks to Elemental Celerity.
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-09-27 15:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

damn wifi connection killed my post, guess i will sum it up...

to nightfyre,
HAHAHAHAHA LOL!!!!!

you don't know about rdm at all....
learn about rdm, learn about proper subs on rdm, look at the gear a rdm has available, look at the spells a rdm has, look at the refresh rdm can get, look at the fast cast. and for God's sake level you rdm before downgrading it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-27 15:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

to nightfyre,
HAHAHAHAHA LOL!!!!!

learn about rdm, learn about proper subs on rdm, look at the gear a rdm has available, look at the spells a rdm has, look at the refresh rdm can get, look at the fast cast. and for God's sake level you rdm before downgrading it.
So you're trolling?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-27 15:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

my head hurts from entering this topic
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-09-27 15:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
my head hurts from entering this topic
It's ok, go forth and Zorro things in the face~
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-09-27 15:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

to nightfyre,
HAHAHAHAHA LOL!!!!!

So you're trolling?

first off the term trolling is overused and in all reality the only thing i think when i here that term is about the old kids book with the three billy goats and the troll under the bridge.

when i was growing up we just called people ***.

and not even being an *** here, what i am saying is don't limit what you can do or think you can do because someone else says you can't do it.

lastly what i am saying is how can someone, you, tell me what a rdm can and can't do if you don't have the levels, gear or skill for rdm?
wouldn't that make you the "troll"? hmm..
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8