[Dev] RDM: Rejecting Ideas and Empty Promises
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-08-02 14:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT because RDM can solo something for 8 hours and outlive it it's not a dead job, and we should be happy we have it, not the game has moved on and they left RDM behind.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-08-02 14:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
Bismarck.Zagen said: »
Point is other jobs could solo, hell WAR/RDM with Harlds can dot kill anything that doesn't move faster than normal speed or have crazy Fast Cast. Just because RDM had that doesn't mean it was anything special.

You're talking about kite/dot solos. Any job that can sub a dot spell can do that.

RDM is about endurance, not accessioning Temper, lol.
SCH is not about accessioning Embrava...
SMN is not about Perfect Defense...
PLD is not about holding adds and not tanking the main target...
BLU is not about setting and resetting spells to proc...

Shall I go on? RDM isn't the only pigeon holed job that isn't doing what an individual deemed it good for over the communal usefulness.

Edit: To be fair I've never even heard of a RDM being brought for Accession Temper... They aren't brought at all to things I've done
By charlo999 2012-08-02 15:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
^ this all over. (Kin)
I'm sick of hearing "X job is dead because it cant offer anything in a party/alliance"
Rdm is a solo or duo job at this point and has been for a long time now. Like loads of other jobs, bst, dnc, pup, etc.
If you want a job thats useful in a situation that needs party play go choose the the many others. Not like its hard to lvl anymore.
I'll be honest i love rdm at the moment as i use it exclusivly for soloing stuff only a few other jobs can do. And this 2 hour to me sounds fantastic. Composure already makes enhancing magic last around 10 mins. If that doubled potency of spells for that period, wow talking crazy soloing times.
Much better direction for the job imo, when for buffing in a party setting there are much other better options anyway.
Would you go solo toetotoe skygods, seagods, t1-4 vnms, t1-4 znms, etc on war or brd.
Rdm in this sense is very overpowered and they just seem to keep adding to this side of rdm which i'm loving.
F**k the old days of haste x 5 refresh x 4 cycles i say.

Sorry forgot i typed the words abyssea nms where with hp boost, mp boost, stats boost,3 atmas and massive amounts of temps almost any job can solo 50-70% of the nms there.
Oh wait i didnt.
Der oh sorry:

Point is other jobs could solo, hell WAR/RDM with Harlds can dot kill anything that doesn't move faster than normal speed or have crazy Fast Cast. Just because RDM had that doesn't mean it was anything special.

Try harder next time
[+]
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2012-08-02 15:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
08-01-2012 05:37 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Good evening!

As we are approaching max capacity for adding magic we are in a situation where it is difficult to add new spells on a short-term basis, and this is not only limited to red mage. To clarify, this doesn’t mean we cannot add new magic, it just means we first need to address the expansion of the magic spell capacity, so this will take a bit of time.

Next, in regards to some of the suggestions and requests we have been seeing.

• Plague effect enfeebling magic spell:
    Since there are already abilities that add a plague effect, we don’t really feel a necessity to add it to red mage’s arsenal. Also, since DoT-related magic spells are scholars forte, this wouldn't be something that is unique to red mage.

• Stronger version of Dia/Bio:
    Red mages already have Dia 3 and Bio 3 from merit points which are considerably powerful version of these spells.

As mentioned previously, the Development Team is looking into adding new spells that will be quite different from the current list available.
Subscribe

In other words: NEW SPELLS ONLY FOR RUNE FENCER AND GEOMANCER GTFO RED MAGES NO ONE LIKES YOU ANYMORE! :| why don't they just delete the job already instead of letting it dangle on a fraying thread? oh wait....you need rdm to get a maats cap...yeah...
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-08-02 15:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

....solo toetotoe...
Try harder next time
Why try harder? You think soloing something is an achievement that justifies the job. I pointed out other jobs could solo the same mobs using a different tactic. Again the point is other jobs can solo too, aside from the person actually doing the soloing who cares how it's done? It is only a personal achievement at best.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-08-02 15:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Charlo are you refering to lv75 RDM solo? if your not, ..lol

"RDM is overpowered in this sense"

Ochain.
By charlo999 2012-08-02 15:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Showing me dot kite solos of easy mobs for massive amounts of time dont back up anything you've said.
Point is by face tanking mobs you've increased what you can solo in the game. By being able to take damage down physical and magical to next to nothing increases what you can solo in the game. Its the sheer amount of tools rdm has that makes it as powerful as it is and the versitilaty. It can shadow tank /nin or blood tank /blu with near 1000 def. Can max pdt and mdt (with barspells and shell/gear) has acssess to cures, enfeebles, Magic damage (nukes) good WS's with CDC, req, sang blade, great enhancing spells.
Thing is yes other jobs can solo certain situational stuff better sometimes but rdm can cover everything.
Imean look at the vid posted after yours as an example and tell me what other job could even get close to pulling that off.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-08-02 15:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

pld ochain
blu
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-08-02 15:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Showing me dot kite solos of easy mobs for massive amounts of time dont back up anything you've said.
Point is by face tanking mobs you've increased what you can solo in the game. By being able to take damage down physical and magical to next to nothing increases what you can solo in the game. Its the sheer amount of tools rdm has that makes it as powerful as it is and the versitilaty. It can shadow tank /nin or blood tank /blu with near 1000 def. Can max pdt and mdt (with barspells and shell/gear) has acssess to cures, enfeebles, Magic damage (nukes) good WS's with CDC, req, sang blade, great enhancing spells.
Thing is yes other jobs can solo certain situational stuff better sometimes but rdm can cover everything.
Imean look at the vid posted after yours as an example and tell me what other job could even get close to pulling that off.
Wait you mentioned CDC so you're obviously talking of face tank RDM of today, so:
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
pld ochain
blu
Also Add Embrave/Katsura SCHs... Ya they can face tank too
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2012-08-02 15:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Been saying this for years now after rdm tank was killed rdm died with it. Hell when they said new level cap and mobs are gonna resist all enfeebling magic it died. This is why Im pissed about the new jobs coming to the game improve on other jobs before making new ones.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-08-02 18:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shall I go on? RDM isn't the only pigeon holed job that isn't doing what an individual deemed it good for over the communal usefulness.

Edit: To be fair I've never even heard of a RDM being brought for Accession Temper... They aren't brought at all to things I've done
We cant accession temper you idiot. The point was we dont want to any *** way.
Explains why I haven't seen it, when you mentioned it I thought they went back on that decision tbh. I miss nuking on SCH you don't see me bitching about it getting pigeon holed into Ebrava ***.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-08-02 18:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Explains why I haven't seen it. I miss nuking on SCH you don't see me bitching about it getting pigeon holed into Ebrava ***.
cool story bro, this is a rdm thread!
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-08-02 18:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Been saying this for years now after rdm tank was killed rdm died with it. Hell when they said new level cap and mobs are gonna resist all enfeebling magic it died. This is why Im pissed about the new jobs coming to the game improve on other jobs before making new ones.
Except that wasn't what killed rdm. rdm was still useful for other roles at the time they killed tank
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-08-02 18:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »

Explains why I haven't seen it. I miss nuking on SCH you don't see me bitching about it getting pigeon holed into Ebrava ***.
cool story bro, this is a rdm thread!
Thanks bro... Even if RDM had gotten Plague (probably wouldn't work on NMs like BLU's doesn't) or Dia/Bio4 do you think it would have been relevant to current events? SCH wasn't until Embrava and it's only relevant because of that. Plague and Dia 4 wouldn't have made RDM relevant.

Edit: Should I have said "I miss enfeebling on RDM when it actually made a difference besides Chainspell Stun"?
By charlo999 2012-08-02 18:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

....solo toetotoe...
Try harder next time
Why try harder? You think soloing something is an achievement that justifies the job. I pointed out other jobs could solo the same mobs using a different tactic. Again the point is other jobs can solo too, aside from the person actually doing the soloing who cares how it's done? It is only a personal achievement at best.

Um yes capabilities of jobs do justify them. Thats the point here.
And people do care what can be accomplished and how it is done. If someone could get a drop solo that dosnt have a linkshell or friends to help i think they would choose spamming said nm with a killtime of 10 mins rather than 1 hour kiting.

Quote:
pld ochain
blu
Also Add Embrave/Katsura SCHs... Ya they can face tank too

lol at bringing up pld ONLY if it has ochain as a justification of the jobs solo capabilities.
blu i have doubts over mp managment to achive this.
And sch needs a 2 hour to tank, even then needs to pump out enough damage to kill in the duration that embrava lasts IF it can eat the damage which the regen can handle (12-15 mins) Heavy damage tp moves mean sch isnt invinsible during this time.
Anyway i see you have both sch and blu lvled go prove yourself right.
Loving the DW war/dnc axe/axe headlong belt w turban chiv chain war btw
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-08-02 18:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Should I have said "I miss enfeebling on RDM when it actually made a difference besides Chainspell Stun"?
No, you should exit the thread
[+]
By charlo999 2012-08-02 18:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

For gods sake dont start bringing up situations where rdm is relivant in party play when your arguing against it.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-08-02 19:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

And sch needs a 2 hour to tank, even then needs to pump out enough damage to kill in the duration that embrava lasts (12-15 mins)

Sorry not mine because well I have friends who help with things or shout to get things done but enjoy:

SCH soloing Early Bird. (40k damage give or take) (not mine but it's doable with much worse gear)
As to BLU I'll point you to Draylo as he(maybe she) has done quite a few solos on BLU that are well honestly beyond my desire to attempt to succeed at.

Ooo sorry my lack of pressing update (I did now just for you, I bet you'll love my SCH gear when I ran out to raise someone), crap luck on goading belt drop (finally got if you didn't figure that out by seeing I sold headlong), even sold off chiv chain as well but then again I'm defending my !! proc job lol.
By charlo999 2012-08-02 19:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

And sch needs a 2 hour to tank, even then needs to pump out enough damage to kill in the duration that embrava lasts (12-15 mins)
Sorry not mine because well I have friends who help with things or shout to get things done but enjoy:

SCH soloing Early Bird. (40k damage give or take)
As to BLU I'll point you to Draylo as he(maybe she) has done quite a few solos on BLU that are well honestly beyond my desire to attempt to succeed at.

Ooo sorry my lack of pressing update (I did now just for you, I bet you'll love my SCH gear when I ran out to raise someone), crap luck on goading belt drop (finally got if you didn't figure that out by seeing I sold headlong), even sold off chiv chain as well but then again I'm defending my !! proc job lol.

We were talking about the adzaja solo but yeah keep throwing solo videos at me dude.
I've seen all draylos stuff on youtube. I know whats possible on blu its a high damage faster solo job with lots of stun to hand, it doesnt have the endurance that rdm as though. Also i remember him getting really lucky on evasion procs while terrored in that vid or another of that he may have posted.

You need to go kite nuke lacovie and Pantokrator more. gl. Also that was last scanned 3 days ago.
Hreysti Helm lol
tip; stop farming Boyahda Moss and take your thf/dnc or nin/dnc and go farm dynamis for real gil.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-02 19:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

...is butt a bad word?
[+]
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-08-02 19:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

...is butt a bad word?

Nahh I dont think so... o.O?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeroresolve
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeroresolve 2012-08-03 17:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lol RDM solo ok that's cool only 1 suggestion make RDM melee strong enough as to where the fight doesn't last so long your grandkids have to finish a fight you started ! enough said.
[+]
 Diabolos.Karisa
Server: Diabolos
user: Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2012-08-03 23:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone in XIV is complaining about how much they want rdm, we should let them. let rdm have a new home <3
[+]
 Fenrir.Kuzuryu
Server: Fenrir
user: demendred
By Fenrir.Kuzuryu 2012-08-04 00:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Karisa said: »
Everyone in XIV is complaining about how much they want rdm, we should let them. let rdm have a new home <3

In a few years, they will complain. Human nature, that ;D
By L30x 2012-08-24 16:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

That is where I have any faith left in rdm. SE better get it right too.
By Valentine 2012-08-24 16:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Good evening!

As we are approaching max capacity for adding magic we are in a situation where it is difficult to add new spells on a short-term basis, and this is not only limited to red mage. To clarify, this doesn’t mean we cannot add new magic, it just means we first need to address the expansion of the magic spell capacity, so this will take a bit of time.
As mentioned previously, the Development Team is looking into adding new spells that will be quite different from the current list available.
Subscribe

I like the fact SE added some useless spells to approach "the max capacity".

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-24 17:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

:x
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2012-08-24 17:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valentine said: »
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Good evening!

Subscribe

I like the fact SE added some useless spells to approach "the max capacity".

But kakka: ichi/gain-chr are such amazingly useful spells.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8