New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Apoc 99 ODD
Apoc 99 ODD
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Quiznor 2012-03-28 15:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
The new GS weaponskill. It's quite good.

Good?!?!? It can do 5k on AV!

8D
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-28 15:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been out of the game a while, why on BG database is the modifier listed as 20%-100%? That reads to me like "It sucks, or it's amazing". Something changes modifier value?
By Quiznor 2012-03-28 15:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a meritted WS,and basically adds 20% per each merit level to the modifier
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-03-28 15:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Good is subjective q.q

but fine,

IT ROCKS MY SOCKS YO.

ResolutionInfo
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-28 15:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

I've been out of the game a while, why on BG database is the modifier listed as 20%-100%? That reads to me like "It sucks, or it's amazing". Something changes modifier value?
Each merit increases WSC value by 20%. At 5/5 merits it's a 5-hit WS, 100% STR mod. SE toned down the damage a little bit with a minor attack penalty and low fTP that transfers to all hits, but gorget + belt also transfer to all hits. It's very powerful. Scythe got a similar WS (Entropy), but INT mod and 4 hits.

Plus it looks awesome. CATFLIP
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-28 15:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How the hell did I miss a whole suite of merited WS. I've been pretty good about watching the game, seeing if it was worth coming back or not.

I guess Caladbolg is kinda useless now? That's on top of the whole 1500 Heavy Metal thing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-28 15:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caladbolg is still strong if you can maintain level 3 aftermath (wings in VW, short zergs like ADL) and don't have any acc issues, but otherwise the bandwagon has shifted towards Ragnarok and OAT Magian. Shouldn't be all that dissimilar to OAT at higher levels if you can't maintain AM3 but if you're going to blow gil on HMPs/Riftwhatever for 99 then "Why didn't you just make Ragnarok?" is obviously going to come up.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-28 16:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Caladbolg is still strong if you can maintain level 3 aftermath (wings in VW, short zergs like ADL) and don't have any acc issues, but otherwise the bandwagon has shifted towards Ragnarok and OAT Magian. Shouldn't be all that dissimilar to OAT at higher levels if you can't maintain AM3 but if you're going to blow gil on HMPs/Riftwhatever for 99 then "Why didn't you just make Ragnarok?" is obviously going to come up.

Ragnarok looks cooler anyway.

I take it Entropy is sufficiently shitty as to not make Liberator DRK's best?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-28 16:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Entropy is the best Scythe WS available so it's not out of the question, but mythics are still a *** to make. I'm sure Kirschy is enjoying hers at any rate.

Should also be noted that Ragnarok is moving into 6-hit /SAM and 7-hit /WAR setups with Neonyzul gear. Liberator is "stuck" with a 5-hit, so the high delay could be a bit of a drawback at this point.

EDIT: Then again, maybe you could /WAR and still 5-hit? Doubt it's worthwhile outside of VW though.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-03-29 10:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
Ragnarok.Daffel said: »

Its called a mythic

Nope, not enough on its own.

Its called a mythic and be able to know how to use it properly,unlike most relic owners*********

How's that?

Almost there but not quite, something still missing....

Earning the mythic without cheating,RMT,*** people over,exploits,etc or winning rank 1 or 2 in a mog bonanza + all of the above??

yup that pretty much sums it up but as the poster below you said winning rank 1 is Boss :P
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-29 10:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Between the two (Cala99 or Rag) Rag is nice if only for MS+Resolution, lol.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-29 10:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How the hell did I miss a whole suite of merited WS. I've been pretty good about watching the game, seeing if it was worth coming back or not. I guess Caladbolg is kinda useless now? That's on top of the whole 1500 Heavy Metal thing.

You're missing out Zic. I would fire up just for a month to fire off some resolutions. Resolution turned drk from forum excuses to bandwagon job lately (a little hyperbole before someone jumps down my throat).
Caladbolg is still a heavy contender. In voidwatch you get wings, Arch dynamis you've got tacticians/embrava on for pops, and Legion you have.... crappy drops. Keeping aftermath up is never a problem and I find myself often in the top 3 of parse (when using 90 calad), regardless of the event.
On top of that, the new "see what your attack is" update allows you to quickly work on gearsets for torcleaver situations. It's clearly behind Resolution, but you can still put out competative numbers for triggering aftermath.

All that being said: OAT GS is not difficult to make these days. Borealis could also be a fun goal if you enjoy voidwatch.

^^
By GraddHelian 2012-03-29 14:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

DontDoItZic.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-29 14:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

GraddHelian said: »
DontDoItZic.

No worries yet. The only thing that would cement a return is a true "Expansion" again. One that has new areas and a new storyline. Something other than gear for gears' sake.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-29 15:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
How the hell did I miss a whole suite of merited WS. I've been pretty good about watching the game, seeing if it was worth coming back or not. I guess Caladbolg is kinda useless now? That's on top of the whole 1500 Heavy Metal thing.

You're missing out Zic. I would fire up just for a month to fire off some resolutions. Resolution turned drk from forum excuses to bandwagon job lately (a little hyperbole before someone jumps down my throat).
Caladbolg is still a heavy contender. In voidwatch you get wings, Arch dynamis you've got tacticians/embrava on for pops, and Legion you have.... crappy drops. Keeping aftermath up is never a problem and I find myself often in the top 3 of parse (when using 90 calad), regardless of the event.
On top of that, the new "see what your attack is" update allows you to quickly work on gearsets for torcleaver situations. It's clearly behind Resolution, but you can still put out competative numbers for triggering aftermath.

All that being said: OAT GS is not difficult to make these days. Borealis could also be a fun goal if you enjoy voidwatch.

^^
I actually praise well geared ragnarok darks now lol.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-29 15:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I am guessing nobody knows, but what the hell could "Afterglow" do that makes it worth 1500 of these Umbral Marrow things?
By GraddHelian 2012-03-29 15:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I am guessing nobody knows, but what the hell could "Afterglow" do that makes it worth 1500 of these Umbral Marrow things?

Its an AoE bonus to your Party members.

Bonus Varies differently between Relic/Emp/Mythic.

Relics give ACC I think, not sure about the other two.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-29 15:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

it's completely useless, but it's only 200 marrows, I thought.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-03-29 15:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't stack with aftermath either.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-29 15:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »

You're right (Price is Right rules, it's 250). I was mixing it up with the H.M. Plates.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-29 15:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, as long as someone isn't making other people slave away at something just for them, then I think it's fine haha. Some people only care about 1 job, so afterglow may seem awesome to them haha. Like say your LS farms marrows, and its your turn to get a share, I can see how people may save 200 haha.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-29 15:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes you glow. IS THAT NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU?

No, really, that's basically it. 30 second sphere effect tied to the relic/mythic/emp WS (or Shield Bash), gives a small amount of acc/atk/critrate, respectively. Glow effect is overwritten by aftermath.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-29 15:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
It makes you glow. IS THAT NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU?

No, really, that's basically it. 30 second sphere effect tied to the relic/mythic/emp WS (or Shield Bash), gives a small amount of acc/atk/critrate, respectively. Glow effect is overwritten by aftermath.

Sounds like that kills it. I mean, it might have been good enough to justify entire LS's banding together to "Afterglow" prominent Relic Holders if the effect was permanent, or at least could exist with aftermath.

Well, at least the DMG/DPS of the 99 and 99(II) are the same, so more self-minded "Completionists" don't feel compelled to chase after something that doesn't actually benefit themselves.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-29 15:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »
Personally, as long as someone isn't making other people slave away at something just for them, then I think it's fine haha. Some people only care about 1 job, so afterglow may seem awesome to them haha. Like say your LS farms marrows, and its your turn to get a share, I can see how people may save 200 haha.
haha
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-29 15:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's the linkshell that will give me a "Share" in 200 marrows?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-29 15:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Judging by precedent, the one you make, and then disband when you goal is completed. Of course, you keep that last bit to yourself. Bonus points awarded for running off with an LS bank.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-29 15:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The only weapons that are even somewhat reasonable to afterglow would be mythics, because it doesn't require other peoples manpower to make the actual sets and you can 6man the NM with some friends.(without wasting their dynamis time)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-29 15:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
The only weapons that are even somewhat reasonable to afterglow would be mythics, because it doesn't require other peoples manpower to make the actual sets and you can 6man the NM with some friends.(without wasting their dynamis time)

Empyreans have the best aftermath and can be done with shout groups!..... millions..... and millions.... of shout groups :|
By Fupafighters 2012-03-29 15:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant like, you know. LS farms someone 5 marrows, and then your turn comes for marrows or w.e, and you pick marrows, keep doing it or something. Doesn't have to be done right away at the expense of unfairly obtaining them haha, but some people may be interested in there glowing relics.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-29 15:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Riftcinder/dross seem to have increased drop rates from Bismarck/Morta.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8