Well this thread got derailed lol
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-03-25 03:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
I can't speak for anyone else but I liked duo/trio because it kept me from playing bst solo(q.q cachoo). We always split the currency so it wasn't about the who finished first. It was more enjoyable/less mind-numbing with friends.
That's exactly why I stopped soloing-- hate playing BST in there and a friend makes it less boring.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-25 03:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Evildemon said: »
Fupafighters said: »
Phoenix.Evildemon said: »
Fupafighters said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
A month to finish a relic is pushing it. A couple of weeks if you do it in the most unhealthy ways.
Meh trio for 550+ currency a day, farming gil on the side, merc empy items/whatever. I can see it happening, but not solo.

Think its around 2 and a half months just farming dynamis getting around 180~200 coins per run
I would say less considering people let you keep currency if you get what I was saying >.< 550 pieces a day. thats how many over 30 days lol?

I was referring to solo, so I was getting at why bother trio when you can do roughly the same solo. Ok yes you finish first person's relic 3X faster but then the 3rd person waiting basically about same amount of time.
And that sir, is how statics work lol. I know the people I go with wouldn't even do dyna if I didn't go.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-25 03:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
I was thinking in terms of 3boxing. I can usually 3box 350 and I've been pushing to 400. I'm too lazy to cure myself so one character is a WHM and yeah.

Edit: Also 550/day for 3 people is the same as soloing 165-175 a day for 1 person
It's a stress reliever. And your not fighting for easy prey mobs. And it allows me to not have to slave away on dnc or thf to actually get currency. I can sam haha. It's alot more fun, and we get more frg stuff too. by more, i mean 10-15 a person depending on run. And we still haven't tried out our other job combo's lol. We tried dnc warrior and thf, and that actually pushed us further than 550 before we had a silly wipe.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-25 04:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I do dc mobs, it's a nicer for me to spend 2h not dealing with other people
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-03-25 08:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Unctgtg said: »

The thread was over after my original post. There wasn't anything legit to discuss.
[+]
By Latifah 2012-03-25 11:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

gil farming to fund a relic is hard i guess
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-25 11:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I love when relic holders think they're hot ***.

Especially the ones that get all their relics in 2011-12.

In my defense I thought i was hot-***before relic T.T

Cerberus.Taint said: »

The thread was over after my original post. There wasn't anything legit to discuss.

The reasonable side of me knew that and was sad right after OP. The part of me that believed in santa still wishes 99 did.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-25 15:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Better derailed than more eyeballed posts.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-25 17:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured I might as well throw some visible data in here since it's such a quick thing to test.

I went to Abyssea - La Theine on the test server with this gear equipped:

No set bonus since the feet are +1. Combined with base trait, merits, and Harvester/Entwined Serpents/VV, I had 62% DA. After 115 rounds in which I had a multiattack proc, not one of them presented a sufficiently high damage value to indicate a 2.5x proc.

The one "TA" round is an error in round grouping, thought I had sufficiently high delay to avoid that (only 40% delay reduction) but guess not. No procs at all in that set though so no issues.

My point being, the odds of a ~15% occurence (operating on the lower end of plausibility instead of my usual 16% assumption, which would push the odds lower still) not happening once within 115 chances is approximately 1 in 131,000,000.
[+]
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
Server: Bahamut
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2012-03-25 18:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Figured I might as well throw some visible data in here since it's such a quick thing to test.

I went to Abyssea - La Theine on the test server with this gear equipped:

No set bonus since the feet are +1. Combined with base trait, merits, and Harvester/Entwined Serpents/VV, I had 62% DA. After 115 rounds in which I had a multiattack proc, not one of them presented a sufficiently high damage value to indicate a 2.5x proc.

The one "TA" round is an error in round grouping, thought I had sufficiently high delay to avoid that (only 40% delay reduction) but guess not. No procs at all in that set though so no issues.

My point being, the odds of a ~15% occurence (operating on the lower end of plausibility instead of my usual 16% assumption, which would push the odds lower still) not happening once within 115 chances is approximately 1 in 131,000,000.
Quoted for posterity.
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2012-03-25 20:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

NIght U need more gil
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-03-26 03:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre, thank you sincerely.
 Bismarck.Zagarikano
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Zagarikano 2012-03-26 05:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

In responde to this nobody Collie that I never even heard of.

Funny, he has done significant things he says. I never even heard of this loser Collie. If you want significants, how about the fact that I killed every NM in the entire game including AV and PW at level 75 and Arch dynamis Lord a week after he came out. Gtfo outta here with your funded relic.

I LEAD a sky and CoP static and I LEAD a salvage static which we got full 5/5 peices when salvage was still new. We were one of the first on the server to make it to floor 100 in nyzul and one of the first to even see and kill Odin in einherjar. I have enough gil for an empyrean 99 or a relic 99 and I have all the mythic requirements done except for alexandrite (which I won't be wasting my life on for anyways).
The difference about me is that I teach others how to play their job better then know how to play it and I know how to play my job.
If I gotta ask you for a haste, an erase, a cursna, a paralyna, or a cure, then you are doing it wrong.

Oh and we overlapped in nyzul isle uncharted region at floor 100 and we all play on xbox/ps2 (no cheats) so stfu and gtfo outta here.

Now that we got this epeen outta the way.... Your apoc does not DA or TA on hidden proc. My vere outparses your apoc without impetus on cause you suck. Where were you when PW was being fought for 24+ hours on the first pop in seraph? Where were you on that 24+ hour JP + NA AV fight. I haven't even seen you kill Shadow Lord (S) in WOTG area...
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-26 05:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just when you thought Collie was bad...
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-03-26 05:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cried from laughter just now.Thanks for waking me up some more
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-26 06:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagarikano said: »
I killed every NM in the entire game including AV and PW at level 75

[+]
 Bismarck.Ashjin
user: Ashjin
By Bismarck.Ashjin 2012-03-26 06:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I cut down the mightiest tree in the forest withhhhhh...a herring
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-26 07:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought.... I don't have a test server account (nor do I know if you can even test this there), but maybe afterglow gets higher relic proc rate?

90 was inc ws damage, iirc
95 was inc proc rate
99 was inc ws damage again
maybe 99:2 is proc rate again?

I don't want to state that the above is factual, that's just how it is to my understanding. Please let me know if I am mistaken (mine apoc is still 85 as of yesterday T.T)
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-26 07:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre tested with the Afterglow version.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-26 07:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Afterglow is just a silly acc bonus(from relics) to party members, overwritten by aftermath. =/
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-26 07:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Nightfyre tested with the Afterglow version.

I'd say I can't read but it was a picture so let's just go with "sorry guys I'm lazy and tired and it's early in the morning :|".

lol
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-26 07:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SE also stated directly that Afterglow + visual effect would be the only difference.

Not that they haven't said wrong things before, but still.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-26 07:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
SE also stated directly that Afterglow + visual effect would be the only difference. Not that they haven't said wrong things before, but still.

I thought I read something about relic giving aoe acc, mythic attack, and empy giving aoe crit. Was that speculation or did they retract that?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-26 08:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's correct. Either they stated it directly, or it was verified via the test server. That's what I was referring to by "Afterglow."

The visual effect occurs at all times, not just when afterglow is active.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-26 08:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone take away my posting privelages, until I learn to read.

Sorry, and thanks for your patience with me today T.T
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-26 08:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see how you'd misconstrue what I said, which is why I clarified!
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-03-26 13:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

GraddHelian said: »
BRB reactivating my account so I can have a Giant E-Penis standing in PJ with my Apoc doing nothing.

Seriously GTFO having a relic has never meant jack ***and it doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Hell most Relic owners I knew at 75 were complete and utter garbage of players that had absolutely no clue how the game mechanics actually worked. But because they had relics the game worked exactly how they wanted no matter what anyone else said.

Especially now? It takes what a Month to finish a relic? Hardly seems like something to brag about.

Well i wish it would take a month...
But i know people who took years to get their relic done (2 dyna runs per week, sharing profit, sponsoring runs etc...), so i can't complain.
 Bismarck.Zagarikano
By Bismarck.Zagarikano 2012-03-26 13:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes about 3-4 months for a relic if you do it solo with 1 character on average and obviously once a day, everyday of dynamis. Least for a solo BST. (TH3, before nerf).

(In Bill clinton Voice with a lisp)

Da Almighty ApKallu DoesH'ent really count you know. If "E" Did Count, Den I would not have Sh-aid Dat I killed eBerry notorioush montsher in da Game. Duh. I am Shkrillex and I approbed dis meshage. I am Sho mush Better Den Collie. I never Eben heard of Dat noob before!! He ish sho wrong on Da ODD that it ish'nt eben funny anymore.
 Cerberus.Spardathedark
By Cerberus.Spardathedark 2012-03-26 13:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

brb ending my life
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8