Apocalypse or Ragnarok
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-03-09 15:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you are comparing everything Rag offers to everything Apoc offers.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-03-09 15:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK is no slouch in the DD department. No fail really.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-09 15:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said: »
Because you are comparing everything Rag offers to everything Apoc offers.

No, we're clearly comparing Resolution to Catastrophe ONLY and pretending Cata does 20% of the damage of Resolution.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-09 15:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the one you want more.
I really wanted both, I figured out I'd probably kill myself if I did Ragnarok first.
For me, utility weapon with a bit worse dmg -> more powerful weapon.
Atleast when you can do both if you really want to.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-09 16:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
What's the difference between WAR and DRK if you go for Rag?
Ah yeah nvm found it : WAR makes more DMG -> Epic fail.

DRK is no different than WAR with or without Ragnarok.

I don't even know why people like you participate(lol) in discussions like this. If all you're looking for is someone to reaffirm your job lore and snowflake status, no rational discussion is necessary.

Apocalypse is better for people who solo a lot, Nyzul2.0 excessively, or play with morons. Ragnarok is significantly better for everything else.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-09 16:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »

I don't even know why people like you participate(lol) in discussions like this. If all you're looking for is someone to reaffirm your job lore and snowflake status, no rational discussion is necessary.

Apocalypse is better for people who solo a lot, Nyzul2.0 excessively, or play with morons. Ragnarok is significantly better for everything else.

and more likely better for the new event legion. except on the undead/drain resistant nms.

also all your saying is that rag is better in VW... also besides VW that needs the acc from rag, doesnt OAT GS come pretty close to 95+ rag?
 Carbuncle.Crollion
Server: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-03-09 16:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i love my apoc in VW it rapes everytime i parse VS ls mates im still parsing within the top 3 on various VW NMs on ig im usually within the top 2 if PTs are done right.

i love my apoc and glad i did it first alot of VW shout groups u play with morons.

i hear rag is insanely fun and im hoping to do that as my next weapon
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-03-09 16:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt there will be many circumstances in legion with competent players that apoc will allow you to live where rag will not in this age of the game. If anything, better damage will be more crucial there due to the time constraint which will have rag being even better than apoc.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-09 16:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

and more likely better for the new event legion. except on the undead/drain resistant nms.

also all your saying is that rag is better in VW... also besides VW that needs the acc from rag, doesnt OAT GS come pretty close to 95+ rag?

Why on earth would you assume Apocalypse is better for Legion? It's not a six-man split-up-and-solo event, which is the only time Apocalypse is preferable.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-09 16:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is everyone so focused on the idea apoc is good because of drain? It seems to me that the argument for apoc would be the freedom in TP gear due to an easier 5/6(?) hit delay and aftermath haste. (Please dont hate me, i'm honestly wondering about it and am not enough of a drk to have read previous threads on this.)
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2012-03-09 16:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok is the stronger weapon hands down and it also works as an amazing 2hr weapon for WAR/SAM.

Apoc adds alot to DRK imo while yea it's not always needed having the option there to heal your self as DRK it is huge when it's needed.

Either way it's really preference more than what the weapons do with Apoc it's not like your gonna be down terrible DMG and with Ragnarok it's not like your gonna die every 5 secs.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-09 16:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Why on earth would you assume Apocalypse is better for Legion? It's not a six-man split-up-and-solo event, which is the only time Apocalypse is preferable.

because dear sir legion is suppose to be wave after wave of nms. and on the test server the groups of 18 (I think it was the group of 36 that won) had a bit of trouble. and people would die a lot... you can be the best with rag but still die because the whms are busy curing the War or the Sam.

Also saves the whms mp from having to cure you as much. so they can use it on other ppl.

Legion didnt have temp items that flooded your inventory and you use every minute.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-03-09 16:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you didn't have decent players at the Legion event either, nor optimal job setups. Sooooooooooooooooo, yea.

And if everyone's busy curing the wars and sams, you shouldn't be on drk :)
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-09 16:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Well, you didn't have decent players at the Legion event either, nor optimal job setups. Sooooooooooooooooo, yea.

You can make those assumptions? do you know who went and which jobs?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-03-09 16:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, for the majority of players, you never have the best players nor the best setup, yet you still achieve things, even in a decent way sometime.

Some people went so far on the serious business path that they completely forgot such simple things.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-09 16:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Senk gets all my [+]'s, for multiple reasons.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-03-09 16:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can make those assumptions? do you know who went and which jobs?

I guess you don't know there's tons of videos out there of the event. It wasn't even remotely close to being organized at all either. The event in reality is going to be nothing like it was on the test server, I can assure you of that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-03-09 16:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Unfortunately, for the majority of players, you never have the best players nor the best setup, yet you still achieve things, even in a decent way sometime.

Some people went so far on the serious business path that they completely forgot such simple things.

Well, those are the players who never got anything accomplished in the game at 75 cap.

I'm not all about being serious, but when people state ***, I'll call it out how it is.

If you want a great weapon, get Ragnarok. If you want a low-man/support weapon (where honestly you shouldn't be on drk), get Apoc.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-09 16:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, those are the players who never got anything accomplished in the game at 75 cap.
Apoc vs. Ragnarok aside, this is completely fallacious.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-09 17:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want a great weapon, get Ragnarok. If you want a low-man/support weapon (where honestly you shouldn't be on drk), get Apoc.

I don't have a good understanding of math in general. Can someone please show me how Ragnarok shits all over Apoc in damage, and Resolution does 2x the damage of Catastrophe and Entropy?

I don't wanna see a minor margin here, I'm talking the giant gap that justifies apoc owners to throw their apoc out in favor of "any old GS". I think i missed the part where apoc isn't a "great weapon", but just a "support weapon" to be kicked out of bed by everyone here.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-09 17:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

I don't have a good understanding of math in general. Can someone please show me how Ragnarok shits all over Apoc in damage, and Resolution does 2x the damage of Catastrophe and Entropy?

I don't wanna see a minor margin here, I'm talking the giant gap that justifies apoc owners to throw their apoc out in favor of "any old GS". I think i missed the part where apoc isn't a "great weapon", but just a "support weapon" to be kicked out of bed by everyone here.

Also i would like to know the math of OAT GS vs Rag... because im sure it was said OAT>95 rag. so is it still better than 99 rag?
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-09 17:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-03-09 17:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

Well, keep telling yourself that.

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

There's a vast difference between 'minor margin' and '2x the damage'. I can check later as I'm busy now.

Also i would like to know the math of OAT GS vs Rag... because im sure it was said OAT>95 rag. so is it still better than 99 rag?

I haven't played with OAT gs aside from comparing it to Calad in the spreadsheet but I think Taint or someone put 95 Rag > 99 OAT iirc.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-03-09 17:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

I'm not all about being serious, but when people state ***, I'll call it out how it is.

I'm pretty sure we can find many players who accomplished more than any elitist, ego-driven poster on these forums back at 75, yet were not as hardcore. Actually, they are a majority.

With that out of the way, you just say that people should play X or Y job because Z is not as good, therefore, useless/worthless/pointless.

I'm really sorry for that but let's be blunt:

Your neat situations with good players and good setup doesn't exist in the huge majority of what happen on every single server. We do not care about what happens under ideal condition, we care about what does what, that's it.

So no, I'm not going to ditch this semi decent PUG because they aren't as good as I think I am. No, I'm not going to treat someone like ***because he has an Apoc instead of a Rag and dares to be happy/proud of it.

And if someone want a relic to Campaign or farm in Boyhada, it's his right. As long as he doesn't ruin your events and such, what is the problem? None, exactly.

To quote someone:

Quote:
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-09 17:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a vast difference between 'minor margin' and '2x the damage'. I can check later as I'm busy now.

There's a fair share of hyperbole going on here aside from me. I am genuine though being that the Cata's I saw at 95 kept up with Resolution, and that was before the 99 bump. I just don't see it being as bad of a blow out as people here are making it out to be.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-09 17:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently finished the OAT GS myself, and I parsed a wivre VW in la theine, 8 using OAT then 4 using apoc.
Used red curry with OAT gs and yellow with apoc (ran out of red)
Resolution did 2.2-2.3k avarage (that's with a 104 dmg weapon)
Entropy did 1.7k avarage (that's with 154 dmg weapon)
Catastrophe 1.5k ish on that fight.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-09 17:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

Well, keep telling yourself that.
We can whip our *** out right here if you want.
[+]
 Sylph.Arckain
Server: Sylph
user: Arck
By Sylph.Arckain 2012-03-09 17:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Question ever since the lvl caps increase started and game changed. Did anyone else notice the number of and elitist and the ego that follows increased dramatically with every major update?

Not trying to be a ***. Just sick of everyone painting ***so black and white. that being said.

Both are great weapons In their own way.

I think you should focus on how you play dark knight and then pick the weapon the best suits your play style and needs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2012-03-09 17:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a couple Qilins the other night, a peroson's Apocalypse with Entropy was doing max 2kish, 2.5k max, while me and a buddy's Resolutions were doing 3-4.5k resolutions. All 3 of us had 95 relics. Just a small comparison.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-03-09 17:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that for a large amount of things Ragnarok is a slightly better weapon, but this is hilariously wrong:
Quote:
Given the choice, I would absolutely go with Ragnarok. Outside of the roaming instances that I mentioned, an Apoc DRK will be better of using any old GSD with Resolution. A Ragnarok DRK will always be using Ragnarok.
Everyone seems be be focusing on the drain being the only reason to use Apoc, when in reality the power of the weapon comes from the huge amount of attack, accuracy, and free gear slots you gain.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10