Apocalypse or Ragnarok
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-03-11 09:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna give you guys a break from this thread--if you need to resort to insults like "HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" and calling someone out on his use of English, take it to PMs and not here.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-11 13:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So.. How far ahead is Ragnorok versus an OA2 GS?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-11 17:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lugat said: »
also what you posted is a confirmed DEF of bluffalo at max level in aby-uli

Quote:
PLD mobs have much more
Bluffalo ARE Paladins.

Not going to pick through the rest of your posts, your ***gets old too fast. Do you actually have credible data for Ig-alima or not? I expect a comprehensive post of data + analysis.

EDIT: since you're topicbanned, PM me. I'll post the data in full if you've actually got something to work with, credible or no.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-11 17:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow what am I reading? Is he trying to suggest that he's found the stats of Ig-Alima through guesstimation based on an unstable platform that holds no water whatsoever? That isn't how this works. Finding the DEF and VIT of a monster requires a lot of time, patience, and a fair deal of work to be within a decent percentile of accuracy. 20 fights in less than ideal conditions and inefficient "test" parameters don't come close to cutting it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-11 17:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said: »

A fair bit, both WS and DPS wise. I have OAT2 right now, and it's still pretty beast. I do think, post SaveTP nerf, OAT2 will become even more solid.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-11 18:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll do reliable tests that are actual tests and don't suck to find Ig's VIT/DEF some time in the near future btw.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-11 21:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
I'm not sure what the 2.5x damage proc rate is on the 99 version but I'd conservatively estimate 15-20% ahead, using current gear bar Nyzul. Non-VW environment, not especially interested in playing around with builds that are directly dependent on soon-to-be-nerfed Save TP until after the next update. Nyzul unlocks a lower x-hit for both weapons, which should bump Fulgurante a few % closer as long as accuracy isn't an issue, but still >10% behind regardless. High haste situations favor Ragnarok given its superior ability to capitalize on haste->damage trades with LR + marches.
 Asura.Ezekial
Server: Asura
user: Ezekial
By Asura.Ezekial 2012-03-13 00:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this thread comes down to just go with Apoc + OA2 GS if you need to resolution ***. Or you could just wait it out, and see if Ragnarok is just a fad weapon that will die out in legion or w/e else comes out that doesn't fuel you with temp items.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-13 00:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Except for the fact that there's still very little reason to create an Apocalypse, sure.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-13 00:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't see Ragnarok being a fad unless one of the weapons/weaponskills or DRK itself sees a significant change. Such logic would dictate that Ukonvasara and to a lesser extent Verethragna are also fad weapons, yet that is clearly not the case.

I also can't see how you arrived at your conclusion regarding current weapon choice. Ragnarok displays a significant advantage over OAT, if you're going to burn time and gil on a greatsword to go along with Apoc it might as well be the one that's 20% ahead instead of 2% ahead (if that; if Apoc can spam Entropy it can actually pull ahead of OAT even without defensive considerations).

Did some testing on 99 Rag's critrate and 2.5x damage procrate on the test server. The critrate bonus is 14% and the 2.5x damage procrate appears unchanged from the bonus on the 95 weapons, which is odd since I seem to recall SE saying that they would increase the procrate.

Also as promised, Lugat's reply:
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-03-13 00:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
2.5x damage procrate appears unchanged from the bonus on the 95 weapons, which is odd since I seem to recall SE saying that they would increase the procrate.

Huge disappointment, but I guess from their wording they could have just been stating that the occ. bonus damage was simply on the weapons and not increased.

Thanks for the info as always Night
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-03-13 07:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I really, really, really, really really think the proc rate got increased on the ODD on the Ragnarok 99 version.

Have I tested it officially no.
Do I care to, not really.

But I do have the 99, and I swung around the 95 and have been swinging the 99 around, and it seems to be the case.

So take it for what you will.

I've noticed a gigantic increase in some places and not so much in others.

Dynamis I notice it quite a bit.
In in VW not so much, there isn't a lot of white damage.
In PvP I have noticed it a lot as well I've been cutting people in half.

Where I actually get to swing "a lot" its rather noticeable.'

But you know what it could just *** be the placebo effect but it seems to fire off at an obscenely high rate.

TLDR;

EYEBALLING FROM A LAZY KNOWLEDGEABLE GUY = I THINK RAGNAROK HAS MORE ODD
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2012-03-13 07:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes most have been confirming a slight increase in ODD for level 99s to like 25%, and we already know about the increase in WS damage.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-13 11:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Unctgtg said: »
Yes most have been confirming a slight increase in ODD for level 99s to like 25%, and we already know about the increase in WS damage.
Who/where are these "most"? 25% is well outside my confidence interval, unless you're specifically talking about ODD rather than 2.5x or OTD.
 Carbuncle.Limlight
Server: Carbuncle
user: Limlight
By Carbuncle.Limlight 2012-03-31 12:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
If I want utility and independence, I change to RDM. Ragnarok hands down, especially if you are also a WAR.

or change to dancer and kill stuff faster?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10