Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 794 795 796 ... 839 840 841
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-11 15:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
I second Tikal's question about whether JPs got shorthand for gearsets.

Also asking though, what's the next best pulse ambu weapons to make after Naegling?

It's Naegling and all the rest are all tied in second.

Whichever one you'll use, you make.
By Dodik 2023-06-11 15:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

next best pulse ambu weapons to make after Naegling

Depends on the jobs you play. For Sam, shining one. For dagger using jobs, tauret. For geo/blu/jobs that can use it, maxentius. Karambit good non-rema h2h option for those jobs that can use it. Etc.
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-11 16:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shining one is great for WAR too.
The bow seems to be great for all the jobs that can use it, except RNG (lol)
The club is great for Blu nuke/aoe/cleave set
By Nariont 2023-06-11 16:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Neagling, shining one and dolci are probably the "top" 3 in how they eithe boost an already amazing WS or just make an existing one really good through its effect/ws boost.

Past that you have something like Lycurgos that if its latent is used to its full effect can also be really strong option, after that its just a wash of good to greats until you get down to something like great sword and maybe great katana which offer the least imo
By Hopalong 2023-06-11 17:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ullr is pretty awesome. I use it a lot on Sam and Thief.

Khonsu is cool as hell but with that enmity -6 or whatever doesn't really work for run/melee jobs (and Utu is objectively better). Good for mage jobs though I suppose.

I have Shining One, but I never use it. Sonic Thrust is frankly unwieldy. Maybe someone has a best use scenario for it.

Lycurgos is only cool for Run perhaps but lets be real, just trying to apply armor break or something so not like it really matters from the kaja version.

Club is being outclassed fast right.

Tauret is good until you get Gletis then oh well.

Karambit is good to have in back pocket.

I'd say its Naegling then Ullr then Karambit as most useful these days. Your mileage may vary.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-06-11 19:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shining one for sonic thrust isn't bad, but its real power is impulse drive, especially on weak to piercing mobs. That ***is whack.

Think segment farms etc. Sam with shining one, I guess War too, will out do drg with aeonic polearm. It's that good. Loldrg, sure, but still.
[+]
By AegParm 2023-06-11 20:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Shining one for sonic thrust isn't bad, but its real power is impulse drive, especially on weak to piercing mobs. That ***is whack.

Think segment farms etc. Sam with shining one, I guess War too, will out do drg with aeonic polearm. It's that good. Loldrg, sure, but still.

Good thing drgs also have Shining One..
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-06-12 12:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The gear haste cap is still 26%(25.333) or whatever right?
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-12 12:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

here you go:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Haste:_In_Depth_by_Kirschy
Gear for 26% to get 25% cap.
By Meeble 2023-06-12 12:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The gear haste cap is still 26%(25.333) or whatever right?

It's 25% or 256/1024, you aim for 26 because the actual haste values are x/1024 and don't always match up precisely with the % values displayed on gear.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-14 10:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

5 Mythics done on 5 characters in 68 days.
Shitty work week can't rain on the joy i feel finally having Tizona, Yagrush, Death Penalty, Carnwenhan and Gastraphetes back.
Only Burtgang and Liberator left.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-14 11:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Ullr is pretty awesome. I use it a lot on Sam and Thief.

Khonsu is cool as hell but with that enmity -6 or whatever doesn't really work for run/melee jobs (and Utu is objectively better). Good for mage jobs though I suppose.

its quite interesting for mage melee builds, as mages who don't have a Lehko's Ring as their choice will have a hard time hitting the gear haste cap without it. The -enmity is a pain if you try and use it in tanking situations, but the massive melee acc and haste are the real gems here.
I have Shining One, but I never use it. Sonic Thrust is frankly unwieldy. Maybe someone has a best use scenario for it.

Sonic Thrust is 100% not the reason to build a Shining One. Its primary use is by WARs and SAMs needing a piercing option and using Impulse Drive. In those moments where Slashing Damage stops being viable, it absolutely destroys any RMEA those two jobs have.
Lycurgos is only cool for Run perhaps but lets be real, just trying to apply armor break or something so not like it really matters from the kaja version.
Lycurgos is the strongest non-RMEA weapon for a beginning DRK, as with a solid Drain3 (not talking capped HP, just 5k+) it becomes a mini-Chango (TP bonus based on HP). Its use for RUN also goes much further than just Armor Break, as most Ongo strats up to v20 include using a Gaxe RUN in a 4step skillchain. There are other ways to get there (Hepatizon Axe for one), but I find Lycurgos a much more viable weapon choice over those.
Club is being outclassed fast right.
Club is still a far superior melee option than Bunzi for mages when needed. I use it frequently on RDM in lots of situations.
Tauret is good until you get Gletis then oh well.
Tauret remains a better dagger than Gletis for Evisceration spam as well as a better mainhand dagger for any magical WS situation. In terms of physical damage moments beyond Evisceration, I do agree on Gleti's has too much going for it to ignore.

tl;dr- there are tons of uses beyond your critiques of the weapons that most of us who built them are already using them for. They're a lot more than the WS in the item description.
[+]
By Gasho 2023-06-16 02:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i finished ranking up mog garden to 7

but the last KI wont show up on Zenicca list

"MHMU Treatise on Fish II" (Beach)
any idea anyone?
By Pantafernando 2023-06-16 03:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Check mog in Mog Garden to see your statistics and progress.

You need to have 80 coastal fishings done before the KI is available.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-16 03:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Check mog in Mog Garden to see your statistics and progress.

You need to have 80 coastal fishings done before the KI is available.

This. Garden 7 is an average of all 5 nodes. 77776 is a 7. You missed a day on the ocean but not on the pond.
 Asura.Chakalaka
user: chakalaka
By Asura.Chakalaka 2023-06-16 12:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all! I am brand new to this game after getting kind of bored of XIV. I am wondering if there are active linkshells on Asura? I tried grabbing a few from the concierges but they seemed completely inactive. I'm not doing any high level content for probably quite a while but I'm enjoying myself and was hoping to socialize a bit in the meantime.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-16 13:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats so special about the noble chocobo mount that it cases it to break follow?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-16 14:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing I can think of is that it loads like a personal chocobo, so it has a little bit extra loading time and a full model refresh as if you had changed gear. Other mounts don’t tend to do that
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-06-16 21:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
tl;dr- there are tons of uses beyond your critiques of the weapons that most of us who built them are already using them for. They're a lot more than the WS in the item description.

Gotcha, thanks for the tips, particularly Lycurgos specific use!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-16 22:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't here when the change occurred, and now I'm kinda curious. And I apologize in advance if this sparks an argument. But when they reigned-in the racial HP and MP values for Tarutaru and Galka, what was the general consensus? Was it positive, negative, pretty mixed?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-16 22:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously tarus were very happy, and the doods who played galka for that advantage salted. But largely positive.

The biggest part of it was happiness in not being forced to play mnk. Highest hp was a large reason monk was the only job at all. The hp changes softened that a bit.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-17 02:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chakalaka said: »
I'm enjoying myself and was hoping to socialize a bit in the meantime.

Paying well Im sure you can socialize with many people there...
By Felgarr 2023-06-17 05:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know how the Domain Invasion armor/weapons affect bead gains? When it came out, (before Mog Wardrobe 5-8), I didn't have the inventory space to consider it. Just looking for a way to guarantee 1011 beads as many times as possible.
By Pantafernando 2023-06-17 05:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally i use NIN with full mummu, DI Katana and dagger to make the most out of beads.

If you get the bonus to kill the last fodder, then use Naegling for spam of 40k savages.
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-17 09:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

why hasn't SE freed up the names of the hundreds of thousands of characters that have been inactive for years.
I just tried to name my mule "nonamesavailable" "icanthink", "somename", "someone", "anything", "fuse", "lolname", and just gave up and called it zxzxyjhg
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-17 09:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely because the cost of erasing them is higher than the cost of keeping them
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-17 09:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's unfortunately not even that. It's just laziness disguised as a legacy claim.

They don't simply delete old names because the person who used to have them could get them back, like it matters to anyone. Oh noes dildosixteen who was banned on 2005 came back and reclaimed his name!

Don't forget they literally had to close asura because they had to add more space dedicated to new names, instead of clear them out.
That's how stupid they are / it is.

I wonder how many dead names there are and how much space is wasted storing them. Obviously not a relevant amount that means anything, still, interesting.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-06-18 14:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Crooked Cards enhancement persist after Double Up? And does Double Up apply its effect to an already rolled, Phantom Roll?
By Nariont 2023-06-18 15:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

DU just effects the current roll, so whether its crooked, how much +roll it has and such is determined on the 1st use of the roll and DU will carry whatever those values are
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-06-19 17:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you wanted to lose as much EP/master levels as possible what would be the fastest way?
First Page 2 3 ... 794 795 796 ... 839 840 841