Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 795 796 797 ... 843 844 845
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-19 17:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
If you wanted to lose as much EP/master levels as possible what would be the fastest way?

Put on shinryu armor and go get killed-reraise a thousand times in a spot with apex undead
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-06-19 17:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you wanted to lose as much EP/master levels as possible what would be the fastest way?

Put on shinryu armor and go get killed-reraise a thousand times in a spot with apex undead
This would not be very effective. The auto-Reraise from Twilight set is RR3, and Crepuscular is likely the same. That mean that you're getting back 90% of the lost exp/mexp every time you RR.

You'd need another character to help, but you could go a lot faster setting your HP out some where that there are mobs near the HP, like Kamhir, then having the second character hold a horde of mobs at very low enmity, but all mobs tagged, right next to the HP.

You strip all gear and set homepoint on the dying character, then cast a cure or other enmity generating action on the holding character. The entire horde turns to you, and flattens you. HP, repeat.

EDIT: This would be faster* but still slow as ***. You lose 2% of master level TNL on death. So it'll take 50 deaths without raise/rr per master level to fully delevel once.

Trying to keep someone at low master level for syncing, etc(I'm assuming that's the use case) would be extremely annoying since even the early levels with tiny TNLs would still take 50 deaths to delevel.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-19 17:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You can automate the reraise and do it without doing it though

If you got another person to bring mobs to a warp in point, and 10 hours to menu, sure
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-19 17:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You are prevented from ever going back under M0 (at least I'm pretty sure)

Experience points are replaced with exemplar
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-06-19 18:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, that all sounds awful. Maybe a fruitless endeavor.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-19 18:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably easier/faster to take a jp0 job to M0 than to take an MXX down to M0

If the purpose is a new syncer
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-06-19 18:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm that's not a bad idea, just need to mule the Regal Necklace. I guess you'd still need to master the job.

Post deleted by User.
By LightningHelix 2023-06-20 07:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the error text? If you can't get it directly, use "console_log 1" to turn on windower logging and pull it from console.log in the base windower folder.
By Sakinah79 2023-06-20 09:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Was switching targets a couple of days ago and a mage Trust casted magic on the new target before my character engaged it. That was my first time noticing them do that.

Is it new or am I just lttp?
By Dodik 2023-06-20 09:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakinah79 said: »
Is it new or am I just lttp?

Neither, just animation lock, or lag. Your character engaged and hit it before you saw it on client.
[+]
By Sakinah79 2023-06-20 13:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, happened again, just now. Was fighting a bat, switched to a beetle that was out of range, Val provoked the beetle.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-20 13:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That happens that way. If youre attacking and manually retarget the trusts can act on the new target.
By Seun 2023-06-20 13:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, happened again, just now. Was fighting a bat, switched to a beetle that was out of range, Val provoked the beetle.

I noticed the same thing. I use manual target and switched target to a mob I hadn't aggro'd or attacked. Trusts* will engage before you swing now.

edit

I didn't notice if they all do it, but Val used flash to pull.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-20 13:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

I noticed the same thing. I use manual target and switched target to a mob I hadn't aggro'd or attacked. Trusts will engage before you swing now.

Is that true for moments where you're not currently engaged on a target? I have noticed the same behavior when I'm already fighting one mob and manually jump to another, the trusts follow my choice and will continue to act as if it was the original mob I pulled (they'll attack before I get a chance to get said new mob in range)...but I can't recall seeing that behavior by just targeting and engaging on an unclaimed mob and no action happening, and they proceed to start before I have.
By Seun 2023-06-20 13:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Seun said: »

I noticed the same thing. I use manual target and switched target to a mob I hadn't aggro'd or attacked. Trusts will engage before you swing now.

Is that true for moments where you're not currently engaged on a target? I have noticed the same behavior when I'm already fighting one mob and manually jump to another, the trusts follow my choice and will continue to act as if it was the original mob I pulled (they'll attack before I get a chance to get said new mob in range)...but I can't recall seeing that behavior by just targeting and engaging on an unclaimed mob and no action happening, and they proceed to start before I have.

When I noticed I had just WS to kill the mob I was fighting. Switched target during the WS to avoid putting away weapon. As I was switching macro page, Val flashed the mob I switched to.

I don't think they will attack something you engage on if you weren't already fighting something else.
[+]
By Seun 2023-06-20 14:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing that is kinda strange... .

If you engage a mob and switch target to a mob that's out of range of flash/voke/ect. the trusts won't run off after it.

If you engage a mob and switch target to a nearby mob, the trust will flash/voke/ect. the new target BUT will continue to melee the initial target. You have to hit the new target to register it for melee.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-06-20 21:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How does attack bonus/penalty WS mods work? is it % modifier for your total attack(after buffs) or your base attack?

Like if you have 6k attack buff stacked in your resolution set, does the ws perform as if you had 5100 attack?
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-22 07:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kraken club good for anything now?
Just went 1/1 lol.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-06-22 08:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Unload gearswap, put on prime weapon. Load one of those things that homepoints you immediately when you die. Go afk. Come back two days later.

Asura.Eiryl said: »

There's addons floating around that autoaccept raises, so this is probably faster even if you re-gain 90% of what you lose every time.

Asura.Bynebill said: »
Like if you have 6k attack buff stacked in your resolution set, does the ws perform as if you had 5100 attack?

Exactly
Ragnarok.Primex said: »

RDM with Enspells wearing Crocea Mors + Kclub can kill mobs through Invincible, provided it can hit. Useful when soloing, less when in a group.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-22 08:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
RDM with Enspells wearing Crocea Mors + Kclub can kill mobs through Invincible, provided it can hit. Useful when soloing, less when in a group.

Kraken Club would be used on RDM all the time probably, but Temper II with Thibron is simply better.

kuroki said: »
drg and rng among others can offhand it with naegling with good results

For DRG/dnc with Naegling/KC "Good" is probably understatement. 60-80k Savage (I havent checked after getting Ephramad's) and soon with Aria probably 70-90k and crazy WS frequency (often WS > TP round > WS > TP round > WS etc.) is probably one of the highest DPS in the game (at least without using SPs).
By LightningHelix 2023-06-22 08:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Autoaccepting reraise as mentioned above works, but you want to maximize your loss per second so it's likely faster to die 12% as often for 1000% of the loss.

Set HP to Kamihr Drifts (well, any Adoulin one, whichever's closest to the mobs because even saving a second per run will add up) and then just run a lua that returns to HP when you die and reruns to the same coordinates over and over (which takes maybe fifteen minutes of Frankensteining together publicly available things) and that's it. Slap on HP -> MP gear because even small optimizations add up.

Was trying to see if there was a faster way to force death, but none of these seemed faster:
instanced content (entry time means you're too slow)
other regions (well, you might die faster in inner rakaz but you have to run to the mobs every time via those teleporter platforms, travel time kills zoning into eschas, the mobs in places like cape teriggan/newton movalpolos kill slower even if they're closer to the HP)
self-immolation (you can't lose more HP than venom potion + prime weapon, right?)
[+]
By Meeble 2023-06-22 09:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

Unload gearswap, put on prime weapon. Load one of those things that homepoints you immediately when you die. Go afk. Come back two days later.

This might not be the fastest way, but it's definitely the easiest. You could even do this with vanilla XI, though it would take four days AFK to lose each ML instead of 2.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-22 09:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Just went 1/1 lol.

Provided you build for it, it's situationally excellent on DRG & RNG, particularly in segfarms. And pretty good on BST & BRD too. (Tangentially, I think BST would actually be pretty nasty in segs with it if pets automatically engaged your target to enable Tandem Strike, but alas SE's pet behavior is totally arbitrary between jobs.)

It's also really nice to have for any situation where you want to multi-step SC, or for trials, or abyssea proccing.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-22 12:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

On the kraken club subject, how well does it preform in higher acc requiring content? Main hand off hand?

I know when I use tp bonus weapons I eventually hit a wall offhand.

What job combo can take a kraken build to the upper limit?
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-22 13:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for responses on KC. Any gearset guides for KC DRG, BST?
Used to be a RNG with KC so pretty sure I know what to equip stat wise when I see it.
But BST and DRG entirely new to.

Thought I was familiar enough with RDM, but that Asuran Fists set kinda told me I dont know ***lol.
By Dodik 2023-06-22 19:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know a single RDM with an asuran fists set or that uses Karambit outside "oh hey look, a rdm doing h2h, how hilarious" situations.

I mean come on. Next thing you gonna want Sams have ranged attack sets and sub /rng. What is this, lvl60 cap?
First Page 2 3 ... 795 796 797 ... 843 844 845