Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 527 528 529 ... 831 832 833
By Nyarlko 2018-02-28 12:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Anyone know what the Darkmatter Augment rates are compared to the Techniques campaign? There are DM Augments that I want but if they Craptastically the same, I won’t bother

Campaign = free credit as if you traded in six actual Dark Matter.

... not worth it to trade the real thing imo.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-28 12:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Never actually use actual Dark matters.

Unless there is literally not a single thing left in the game you could buy first.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-28 12:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

People did trade in a few not sure if enough was done to get a good sample size though because lol. And well back then there were +song reports that never got confirmed

But the stats gotta definitely seemed to indicate it's the same thing and I'm sure SE probably chimed in at some point.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-28 12:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
People did trade in a few not sure if enough was done to get a good sample size though because lol. And well back then there were +song reports that never got confirmed

But the stats gotta definitely seemed to indicate it's the same thing and I'm sure SE probably chimed in at some point.

When they introduced the campaign, it was explained that it was exactly the same. There is officially no difference between using the Techniques option from DM Campaign vs trading a DM. Not really any room for debate/speculation in this case, unless you're still a believer in crafting directions, in which case I know better than to try convince you otherwise. XD

I was under the impression that the Song+ reports were debunked as dat edits. The Song+ augment does exist for Linos, shouldn't be impossible to swap a couple augment IDs, and there have been enough campaigns that at least one player would have seen it by now if it were a real option.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-28 14:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd respond but its new moon darksday, off to craft. After that I'm off to get the THF killshot for dat mad TH.
[+]
By Davorin 2018-03-04 02:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having a little trouble resetting AF quests with Vingijard. I need to re-obtain BLM AF. All of the quests have been completed (they show up under the quests>completed for their respective zones), and I don't currently have any of the armor on me nor in my MH (double-checked via /itemsearch). I've also checked the two additional coffers in Eldieme and Monastic, to be sure I had previously obtained everything, and I had because the coffers gave me gil. Other jobs I've completed the AF quests for show up as options with Vingijard, but not BLM. Is there anything obvious I'm forgetting to do, or I might be missing?
By Zephin 2018-03-04 08:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
I'm having a little trouble resetting AF quests with Vingijard. I need to re-obtain BLM AF. All of the quests have been completed (they show up under the quests>completed for their respective zones), and I don't currently have any of the armor on me nor in my MH (double-checked via /itemsearch). I've also checked the two additional coffers in Eldieme and Monastic, to be sure I had previously obtained everything, and I had because the coffers gave me gil. Other jobs I've completed the AF quests for show up as options with Vingijard, but not BLM. Is there anything obvious I'm forgetting to do, or I might be missing?

Outstanding BLM hands quest?
Not sure if you have to toss weapon.
Can have armor on the npc or on a mog slip.
By clearlyamule 2018-03-04 16:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
When they introduced the campaign, it was explained that it was exactly the same. There is officially no difference between using the Techniques option from DM Campaign vs trading a DM. Not really any room for debate/speculation in this case, unless you're still a believer in crafting directions, in which case I know better than to try convince you otherwise. XD
I always take what SE says with a grain of salt until proven one way or another. Players proved crafting a decade before SE said anything
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-03-05 16:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does a kill count for Aeonic process if you were dead when it was killed?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-03-05 17:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
Does a kill count for Aeonic process if you were dead when it was killed?
Yes, the only thing you won't get is the vorseal if you're dead when it goes down.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-03-05 17:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh thank Jeebus
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-05 19:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I use two different PCs to play two different accounts;

If I want to merge them together, which file is the one that contains macros? and can I do this by simply adding the files from pc1 to pc2?

(I know you can save on the server, and reload... but, #paranoid since all of my macros don't look like something you'd use vanilla)

OR! Can I replicate pc1 (characters) macros to pc2's characters with copy paste

It's "user" (seven digit code) right? How do I know which is which (mules vs main etc)
By Staleyx 2018-03-05 19:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just copy to server and load. You are being to paranoid even for me.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-03-05 20:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I use two different PCs to play two different accounts;

If I want to merge them together, which file is the one that contains macros? and can I do this by simply adding the files from pc1 to pc2?

(I know you can save on the server, and reload... but, #paranoid since all of my macros don't look like something you'd use vanilla)

OR! Can I replicate pc1 (characters) macros to pc2's characters with copy paste

It's "user" (seven digit code) right? How do I know which is which (mules vs main etc)

I use the FFXI offline macro editor. You can load the macros into it and see which 7 digit code corresponds to which character. From there you can navigate to that folder and copy/paste from it to where you want the macros.
By tyalangan 2018-03-06 09:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How many completed assignments does it take to "rank up" in a coalition?

I am ready BG states 20 imprimaturs per rank for personal standing which, to me, means it would take 20 imprimaturs until the next line of assignments opens. However, I have spent 24, while zoning, and have not received new assignments (new regions).

Is this typical or am I misunderstanding how many imprimaturs it will take?

EDIT: To add, yes, I am completing the current standing or one prior. For example, at this point I am completing Clear Assignments at Foret (Probationer) and highest standing I have is Cirdas (Contributor).
By Nyarlko 2018-03-06 09:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

I am ready BG states 20 imprimaturs per rank for personal standing which, to me, means it would take 20 imprimaturs until the next line of assignments opens. However, I have spent 24, while zoning, and have not received new assignments (new regions).

I think that estimate may be dependant on those 20x spent on the currently highest rank available. It's possible that lower ranks help less than higher ranks, as far as rankups are concerned. Maybe fame could play a role in it too? I don't know for sure either way, I hate SoA missions/quests in general. :x
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-03-06 09:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been working on alt coalitions and it always ranked up on the 20 imprimaturs mark (3*6 + 2). Are you always doing assignments for your current rank or the previous one? Also not all assignment types have tasks for each rank (e.g. there is probationer assignment for "Recovering lost articles" at Mummers) so make sure to check BG wiki for what should be available
By tyalangan 2018-03-06 09:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »

I've been working on alt coalitions and it always ranked up on the 20 imprimaturs mark (3*6 + 2). Are you always doing assignments for your current rank or the previous one? Also not all assignment types have tasks for each rank (e.g. there is probationer assignment for "Recovering lost articles" at Mummers) so make sure to check BG wiki for what should be available

Sorry, edited too soon see edit above or:

To add, yes, I am completing the current standing or one prior. For example, at this point I am completing Clear Assignments at Foret (Probationer) and highest standing I have is Cirdas (Contributor).

So, shouldn't I have received Marjami (Partner) which is directly after Contributor?
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-03-06 09:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I may be reading that wrong but you are saying you are at Contributor and clearing a Probationer assignment. If so you are skipping Disciple entirely so not doing one of the last 2 that would explain why 20 was not enough. You need to do either Cirdas clear (Contributor - your current) or a "Procure" at Disciple level (prior one) for full value.
[+]
By tyalangan 2018-03-06 09:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I got it, okay. So, like you said a post prior, sometimes they skip. Clear skips Disciple so I have to either do another Disciple under Pioneers (as you state Procure) or do Cirdas.

Thanks man!
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-03-06 11:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Picking up Bard because why not.

ELI5: Bard songs & how to get past the 2-at-a-time cap and maintain that # of songs.

Is it just cast songs 1, 2, 3, etc... in Daru/Blurred Harp/Terpander/Whatever to get the "Grants x additional song effect(s)" and then overwrite said songs with something like GHorn or do you have to do it a different way? Or am I totally off base here altogether?
By hobo 2018-03-06 11:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

yes you sing with max extra songs, then change instrument for stronger potency. As long as you have that many songs up you can sing that many songs. Which applies to stuff like cp parties and refreshing duration without swapping instruments again
By clearlyamule 2018-03-06 11:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Similarly as long as you keep the extra songs up Clarion Call will stay up. Though according to bgwiki you gotta use a non +additional song effect for the 3rd song
By tyalangan 2018-03-06 12:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can’t you do songs 1 and 2 in potency, do songs 3+ in idle gear and additional song instrument, then do songs 3+ in potency to override the songs you used in idle gear since it overrides lowest duration remaining?
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-03-06 12:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheers, thanks for that Bard info.

On a completely unrelated note, assuming all crafting skills at 0 is it worth getting into crafting at this point? It looks to me like you need a primary craft at 100+ and at least like 4 others at 60 to do anything worthwhile.

I remember taking a craft from 0 to 100 back in the day was a task and a half, not sure how that is now with all the changes that have happened.
By clearlyamule 2018-03-06 13:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »

On a completely unrelated note, assuming all crafting skills at 0 is it worth getting into crafting at this point? It looks to me like you need a primary craft at 100+ and at least like 4 others at 60 to do anything worthwhile.
No. The requirements you stated have pretty much existed for a decade now and aren't really that bad since a few skillup updates. The problem now is the kupo shield estrucheons dominating HQ markets
By Nyarlko 2018-03-06 13:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »

No. The requirements you stated have pretty much existed for a decade now and aren't really that bad since a few skillup updates. The problem now is the kupo shield estrucheons dominating HQ markets

It is actually worthwhile to level most crafts to at least 70. Quite a few things where raw vs processed mats have a huge difference in resale price, and it's amazing how often it comes in handy to be able to make your own stuff. Given how the skillup system works now (~99% skillup chance when doing proper recipes) and easy access to skillup mats from NPCs, there's really no reason NOT to if you are willing to spend the time on it.

Synergy is also worth it. :x Even if you suck at spamming Enter key and RNG hates you with a passion, it should cost a day or two of play and ~2mil at most to cap out (and as lil as ~500k if you can make your own fewell.) That is easily recouped off of tips for fotias (or HQ BST jugs if you know a maxed out cook, but be prepared to sell slowly as singles depending on which you do.)

I put a bit of stock in self-sufficiency even tho I'm on Asura with it's large-ish economy/supply. It's worth looking into and can be dirtcheap or even profitable to skillup to 70.
By clearlyamule 2018-03-06 14:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed what he meant by worth getting into meant actual serious craft for profit given the requirements he talked about. Having access to be able to make random item you need for random quest is a different story. I mean there's no reason not to have done 99% of the game if you are willing to spend the time lol

synergy is a bit different since the whole absolutely needed for some things you can't buy and the few people who leveled it are so tired of having hundreds of people ask them to bother admitting they leveled it
 Asura.Nyarlko
user: Nyarlko
By Asura.Nyarlko 2018-03-06 14:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed what he meant by worth getting into meant actual serious craft for profit given the requirements he talked about. Having access to be able to make random item you need for random quest is a different story. I mean there's no reason not to have done 99% of the game if you are willing to spend the time lol

synergy is a bit different since the whole absolutely needed for some things you can't buy and the few people who leveled it are so tired of having hundreds of people ask them to bother admitting they leveled it

I made my first mil by processing vendor sourced sheep leather, which was flying out of the AH at 50k/stack at the time. There are numerous simple low-level material processing recipes like this one that are highly profitable compared to raw mats AND sell reliably and quickly. Steady income is rarely a bad thing as far as I am aware of.. am I wrong? :/

I have maxed synergy on Nyarlko and Cthuuko and working on Mirajayn (40/80 atm after ~3hrs of non-serious skillup.) Between the two accounts I have access to 110+ LC/WW/BC, 98GS, 78CC, and LC has all subs at 70. That means I can make most synergy recipes on my own by shuffling mules.. Bring on the business! XD
First Page 2 3 ... 527 528 529 ... 831 832 833