Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 528 529 530 ... 830 831 832
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-03-06 15:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They haven't added anything to synergy that's worth making in a very long time lol. Just gets annoying when random people send you tells asking to make fotia etc
 Asura.Inuyushi
Server: Asura
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-03-06 15:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it worth it to get into a craft to base all of your gil income from crafting? Only if you go the distance and make a shield. This will mean investing hours and hours into making your craft complete. And then you have to find a way to dominate your market and profit gil by the billions at a time so that all that time you invested to get there pays off compared to farming something like Delve or Mercing for gil.

But is GEO worth it if you don't invest all the time into making Idris? Not really. You'll have a GEO that can join SR and CP parties, but that's it. This whole game is about grinding towards a goal and enjoying the view from the top.

What Nyarlko said is correct though. He even gave a perfect example as to how having a craft can save you gil in his Synergy point. You can buy all the Fewell and pay 2mil or make it yourself and save 1.5mil. You can then do 1 Fotia piece at 500k and break even after just 2 days of work.
By clearlyamule 2018-03-06 16:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
They haven't added anything to synergy that's worth making in a very long time lol. Just gets annoying when random people send you tells asking to make fotia etc
I pretend I don't have it leveled
By clearlyamule 2018-03-06 16:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nyarlko said: »
I made my first mil by processing vendor sourced sheep leather, which was flying out of the AH at 50k/stack at the time. There are numerous simple low-level material processing recipes like this one that are highly profitable compared to raw mats AND sell reliably and quickly. Steady income is rarely a bad thing as far as I am aware of.. am I wrong? :/
Steady is not bad and back in the day small change over time was good. it's probably a bit ymmv but the reason a lot fo those low level materials are such profit is because not many people do them because a lot of people are making better gil/hr... sometimes even with crafting with that stuff lol. Can't tell you how many times it ended up being better for me to buy some over costed ingredients than make them myself to use in other crafts. Great for newer peeps though. And the low supple of synergist (or those willing to admit it) helps skew things in favor for the few worthwhile recipse
By Nyarlko 2018-03-06 18:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

My current synergy goal (and the entire reason I'm doing the grind for the 3rd time,) is to make a certain furnishing. Name is Panatiere, its 65slots, sells for ~400k-600k and costs like 10k to make. I happen to have enough mats on hand already to make ~100x of 'em, so I want to make some for myself and maybe a couple for profit. I just can't do so as a true solo synth and need Mira doing a bit of work too.

.. Mats being onhand is also why I have a 110+ WW.. Last time there was a short term crafting skillup campaign, I looked at my mules, realized I had all the mats needed for the WW grind, and did 1-110 in less than a 24hr stretch. Thank you Mog Garden! XD
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-03-07 09:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Sky NM repops still on million hour timers?
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-03-07 20:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

For Mega Moglification, do you need all the furniture to get the bonus to its max? or does 2 pieces suffice?
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-03-07 20:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither. You only need your craft's Stall and it must be the highest aura among all your furnishings.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-09 00:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

never *** mind. it's windower config that's *** it up.

Why is that even in there.
 Lakshmi.Veika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2018-03-10 13:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How long does it take nowadays to complete a Relic/Mythic weapon to 119? I'm thinking about coming back after a pretty long break and wanted to attempt to complete one. Possibly BRD horn/COR gun. Are they both still viable?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-10 13:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on how casual you are. Can make a relic 119 III in about 3 days from zero, mythic 119 III in ~8 days from zero.

Gjallerhorn always high on the demand list. Deathpenalty super nice to have, but not so much important.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-03-10 14:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Depends on how casual you are. Can make a relic 119 III in about 3 days from zero, mythic 119 III in ~8 days from zero.

Gjallerhorn always high on the demand list. Deathpenalty super nice to have, but not so much important.

3 days from zero? Base relics are still 45-60 mil, then you have marrows + plutons/beitetsu/riftborns + trials. Idk...100+ mil and a bunch of trials is a lot more than 3 days work for, I would bet, 90% of the player base.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-10 14:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Depends on how casual you are.
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
90% of the player base.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-10 14:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhere there is a forum where quotes like the below can be found:
Quote:
4chamL said: >> Depending upon how casual you are, you can probably complete a mile in under 4min.
Quote:
UBolt said: >> Yeah, or at least 100 meters in under 10s.

Filthy casuals!

The point is valid, though, Relics and Mythics are both solo content now. You can push it as fast as the time gates allow.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-10 14:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

horn/shield can be done in under a day for 50m or so, even the ws trial ones can be done in about 16 hours of playtime if you have the gil sitting or your visa ready

past that it comes down to how quickly you make gil / how much dynamis grinding you can tolerate
By Pantafernando 2018-03-10 15:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
The supply of void crystal have been way slow, like one crystal every 3 or 4 days. Neither BG, wiki or ffxiah item comment tells where can i find this item so i would like to ask where can i farm this one.

Thanks in advance.
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-03-10 15:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.
The supply of void crystal have been way slow, like one crystal every 3 or 4 days. Neither BG, wiki or ffxiah item comment tells where can i find this item so i would like to ask where can i farm this one.

Thanks in advance.

Ascended NMs and out of Brown treasure caskets in Reisenjima
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-10 15:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

More specifically;

Certain ascendeds, Pixie Porxie Narakaa Faaz Chigoe Chapuli Beetle
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-03-10 15:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ffxidb.com/items/9214

Technically speaking the pixie is heavenly it's also much weaker than most ascended version mobs. Or just bot toads all day everyday
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-10 15:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that posted toad is your typical "ffxidb is wrong all the time" mistake.

Fighting two mobs at once and wrong mob/drop is recorded etc
By clearlyamule 2018-03-10 19:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be. I do see people botting them in the canal a lot though so maybe?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-10 19:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Could be. I do see people botting them in the canal a lot though so maybe?

I mean like........ /maybe/ but i'm pretty sure they don't drop anything that isn't seals. I've killed quite a few and never gotten anything.

They get botted for silt/beads/sparks/cp because they're easy to kill
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-10 20:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIDB can't misattribute drops; the drop packet says which index monster dropped it. More likely reisenjima indices have shifted since the zone was created and moved some data around.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-10 20:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also possible FFXI itself can misreport the drop when multiple mobs are dying, but never seen it myself if so
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-10 20:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like, I'd like to believe whatever about db.

More or less every single thing on the site is wrong in some way or incomplete, so, does it matter why its wrong. It's wrong.

And no one is ever going to fix it, I assume.

Ulmia is an enemy in reisenjima; http://ffxidb.com/zones/291/ulmia so is gilgamesh; http://ffxidb.com/zones/291/gilgamesh iroha; luzaf; mnejing; ovjang

It was brought up like 5 years ago, how salvage mobs are dropping 2 linens/2 cottons on db. impossible.

Runic lamps have drops too http://ffxidb.com/zones/75/runic-lamp

271 "known zones" TWENTY THOUSAND "???" zones listed out of a possible 271
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-10 21:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not on the staff so I can't say that it 100% has no faults now, but I know most of those issues have been corrected. When SE inserts mobs early in the list of a zone, everything else gets pushed back. XIDB operates off of the monster's # in list, so shifts of that sort can result in data being improperly migrated. I would assume they can manually correct those points. Ulmia and the like exist as enemies because the game stores them in the monster table, in the same section enemies are stored, and xidb is procedurally generated. They have no drops because they've never been killed, obviously.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2018-03-13 14:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Does movement speed from Atma of Ambition and Atma of the Master Crafter stack with each other?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-13 16:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to use the non-battlemod filters to specifically make enfeebles wearing off a special color? I'm not sure what category under the Font Colors menu option corresponds to that type of message.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-03-15 20:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Best play to farm sparkling stones?
By Pantafernando 2018-03-16 08:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just cleave on dyna jeuno as mobs are clustered and the zone is smaller malong easy to pull and cleave
First Page 2 3 ... 528 529 530 ... 830 831 832