Your 1st Job, And Why?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Your 1st Job, and Why?
Your 1st Job, and Why?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Pandemonium.Kield
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Kield
By Pandemonium.Kield 2009-05-01 06:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I started as a RDM because I selected the wrong job at the start, I wanted to be a BLM. I played for a few levels before I died and realized there was this thing called a Mog House and was able to change my job XD.

After a minor break due to moving house, I don't like being so small [taru] thought about changing :O! But I've decided to just level PLD or SAM to pack or take punches to prove I'm no Squishy bug >:)!!!

On the sub plot of the LS Drama. I've learned one thing.. Life's too short, if you enjoy bitching then have fun never leave that linkshell. If you don't then tell them all to GTFO your life blist them all and possibly change server. Theres good people out there, hard to see, some take a while to prove their not good people, but there are some. Surely? =0!
 Pandemonium.Kield
Server: Pandemonium
user: Kield
By Pandemonium.Kield 2009-05-01 06:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Kield, he brings up a good point. HERE HERE.
 Kujata.Wayners
Server: Kujata
user: Wayners
By Kujata.Wayners 2009-05-01 06:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

warrior, naturally. in hindsight, it wasn't a bad decision.

i am now taking Samurai to 75. i was already one back then when we couldn't land a hit to save our life, so i'm a little proud at the fact i didn't take it because it's the flavor of the month job. the romanticism of Samurai outside of vana'diel led me to pick the class. that and i love the look of their particularly worthless AF (with perhaps some quarter given to Kabuto)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-01 07:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Whm. Why? Easy Maat, not going to lie. Then, I started to love the job. The end.
[+]
 Kujata.Nanyo
Server: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-05-01 07:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> Congrats on 75 Elk.

My First job was NIN, I started out as a THF With plans to take that to 75. But I Found after I joined the game I Didn't Like Thf(And flat out was bad at it) When I Lved NIN As a Subjob for my THF I started falling in love with the job, I could really get behind it.

I pulled out my THF To Farm up constantly untill I hit 54(AF Boots!) After 54 I farmed on NIN, @.@ I spent so much time farming T.T. But in the end I think it was worth it to have a job at 75 I enjoyed and didn't fall asleep playing(Which is a continued issue for me, if I'm not enjoying a job I fall asleep while playing. <.< BLM to 37 Like had to be Soloed, because I would fall asleep playing it in parties XD)
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-05-01 07:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM ... because I just got finished installing and updating for the first time. While I was doing that I was reading 8-Bit Theater so I was like ... BLM it is.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-01 07:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Started out as MNK and loved it. Got it to 30 then got bored, picked up DRK got it to 45 got bored and quit for a while. When I came back I tried BLM and loved it but alas it hit 50 and I got bored with it and moved to a new job.

This happened a TON until finally I decided to focus and get a 75. After 4 years of playing on and off I finally got my first 75 and it was BLM. This was around the time when ToAU was relased and the BLM solo method was new. I was the only one at these camps and raking in a ton of EXP (Anniversary Band ftw).

Once BLM got to 75 I started hating it and still kind of do. So I moved on to THF and fell in love with it. The ability to solo stuff like keys and lock-picking for my AF was a huge selling point at the time. Got THF to 60 and loved it even more. Dancing Edge and not having to line up for SATA thanks to Assassin was orgasmic.

Now it's my farming ***, I used it to farm my pimp Retaliators for MNK and that gave me motivation to get that to 75. Now I'm doing the same thing for RNG, Eastern Shadow is going down and once I get V-Bow, RNG will prob be the next to 75 (unless I get a Hagun before that, then it's SAM all the way).

TL;DR MNK, Job ADD, BLM>THF>MNK
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-01 07:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
I also thought if you ran circles around the mob you could dodge attacks. Sometimes it worked...

Still does. Atleast in my head. :3
[+]
 Siren.Enko
Server: Siren
user: enko
By Siren.Enko 2009-05-01 08:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Job: MNK
Why: Cause I dint know any better.
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-05-01 08:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk was my first choice, I wanted in those awesome KRT parties I had heard so much about!
 Siren.Bloodraven
Server: Siren
By Siren.Bloodraven 2009-05-01 08:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Originally i started as a WAR on the Hydra server, because i didnt know much about the game. I was running around stabbing sprouts and bunnies with a spear in Tahrongi Canyon one day, until the most amazing thing happened. I saw a job class in gis do a punch, punch, kick...freaking combo changed the way i played forever. I immediately ran back to Windy and switched jobs. So when we finally had to transfer out of the beta and in my case onto Siren, i was monk all the way. MNK ftw ^^
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-05-01 08:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM:

Cause at the time you could make lots of gil tele-taxing and being a noob I didn't have many ways to make gil.

Then after getting it to 42, it became my highest level job. So I went with it and took it to 75. Having no trouble till 70+ and merit parties were added to the game. Things slowed down for a bit, but i managed to get it up to 75.

Ever since then I been playing WHM endgame.
 Ifrit.Cesarl
Server: Ifrit
user: cesarl
By Ifrit.Cesarl 2009-05-01 08:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkanaseur said:
Fight, fight!

stfu Dorka.

o.o DRK was my first 75 cause the AF looked so cool.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-01 08:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I started as SAM, but there were too many sams lfp so i switched to WHM, but then i got bored, so i again switched to BLM.

75BLM first.

then and now i'm almost forever 75WHM in events (my favorite, by choice now)
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-01 08:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I first picked up FFXI when it came out for Xbox. My RL buddies had been playing for a long while and I always felt left out until it came out for 360. Well, when I first started, I decided I wanted to be a SMN/BLM, since that was one of my favorite combos in Tactics. Getting BLM to 30 seemed to take forever! During this process, I saw my friend lvling the new job BLU. He explained to me how the job worked and I fell in love. As soon as I hit 30 on BLM, I got WG access and soloed unlocking BLU. I was scared shitless sneak/invising through Bhaflau and Aydeewa, but I finally got it. Took it straight to 75, loving every minute. If it wasn't for my desire to become an awesome BLU, I wouldn't have gotten through CoP so fast.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-01 08:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cesarl said:
Darkanaseur said:
Fight, fight!

stfu Dorka.

o.o DRK was my first 75 cause I cut myself.

Fixed.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-01 08:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Once BLM got to 75 I started hating it and still kind of do.

This is EXACTLY how I feel lmao maybe its like...a curse? I'll play it in dynamis, and forced for some limbus', but other than that....you have to pay me big time. (or at least help me get better gear lmao)
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-01 08:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Savannah said:
Excesspain said:

This is EXACTLY how I feel lmao maybe its like...a curse? I'll play it in dynamis, and forced for some limbus', but other than that....you have to pay me big time. (or at least help me get better gear lmao)

Can't say that I hate being a BLM, but I usually only gear up for events and ENMs now. I think it's because I'm not pimped out and don't deal the huge number damage that other BLMs do. So I kind of hang out in the corner until I'm able to stand with the best of the best. >.>
 Ifrit.Cesarl
Server: Ifrit
user: cesarl
By Ifrit.Cesarl 2009-05-01 08:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Cesarl said:
Darkanaseur said:
Fight, fight!

stfu Dorka.

o.o DRK was my first 75 cause I cut myself.

Fixed.

Q. Q but but... it does. /cut
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-01 08:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
Savannah said:
Excesspain said:

Can't say that I hate being a BLM, but I usually only gear up for events and ENMs now. I think it's because I'm not pimped out and don't deal the huge number damage that other BLMs do. So I kind of hang out in the corner until I'm able to stand with the best of the best. >.>

Agreed ^_^ I feel like such a noob w/ my dmg haha One dude did a 2776 Freeze 2 MB on Kaiser Behemoth in limbus.
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-01 08:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Savannah said:
Agreed ^_^ I feel like such a noob w/ my dmg haha One dude did a 2776 Freeze 2 MB on Kaiser Behemoth in limbus.

Yeah...I'm not going to say what my normal damage is. People have enough to laugh about already. :p
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-05-01 08:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well when I started playing my original 75 was going to be thf, but that got cut short at around level 38 when the party invites just [b]stopped[b].

I then proceeded to take a break for a month or so then I decided to level a mage job, out of all the jobs I had (at that point I had unlocked all but cor) I decided to do WHM because that seemed to be the best choice in main healing (at that time at least) I got it to around 67 then I just grew bored of it (I know I should and still need to finish it!) I then proceeded to want to get a job that I could just beat the snot out of anything, so I chose DRG (Most of the more respectable users on my social ls at that time had leveled DRG so I looked up to them as a inspiration) I started out not knowing if I would like the job or not, but around level 30ish I absolutly feel in love with the job since I was able to fend for myself (most of the time at least) and it was pretty good at soloing (and it still is!)

Right now though I am taking a hiatus from DRG (it is 75 albeit I did delvl in dynamis the other day ; ;) once I finish up BLM (62) I plan on going back to DRG to finish meriting it and I (albeit is a dream) want to start on my relic weapon.
[+]
 Ramuh.Tipiro
By Ramuh.Tipiro 2009-05-01 09:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The first job I wanted to take to 75 was dragoon. This was at US release. I got my Elvaan thief to 30, then went dragoon. I managed to get my full AF, but unfortunately only got to 59 before /inv began to wear on me. I stopped playing the game. I came back to the game years later and got my Tarutaru thief to 51. I love thief, I really do. But trying to SATA in a clueless party is frustrating, and I think I got few invites because of /war (/nin bothered me because everyone was using it). I switched to paladin for some reason or other, and somehow it managed to be my first job to 75 after another hiatus from the game. I'm playing blue mage right now, and it's really a lot of fun, so I have no doubts it will be my second to 75. I will revisit my first love, dragoon, and corsair is also appealing.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-01 09:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to comment that it's funny that almost everyone pretty much starts the game playing a job, and they're like "I'm taking this *** to 75, wheee!!!"

Then they get it anywhere from 30-65 and say "meh, *** it, NEW JOB!!"

I'm gonna tell new people NOT to pick the job they actually wanna play right off the bat, so they can get the "meh, *** it" out of the way before they jump into it LOL
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-01 09:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG IS FUNNNNNNN
PEW PEW PEW!
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-01 09:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Anything but mnk is a useful subjob at least.

Ya, I know...it's just funny how quick the "this job is great, I love it!" wears off with new players. I'm no exception, MNK is same place it was 3 years ago, and WAR is pretty much as well lol.
 Cerberus.Greenjade
user: Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2009-05-01 09:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend was playing FFXI two years before I ever did. And while he played we'd talk about the game and he'd tell me things about it. I asked him for the jobs and races and stuff and even before I started playing it, I picked RDM. The job that can do a little of everything!

The day came when I finally had everything I needed to start playing. I made a WAR first so I could steal the sword...>.>; and started leveling my RDM. And now, I have it at 75 and although I was disappointed with what RDM turned into, I still enjoy it.