Your 1st Job, And Why?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Your 1st Job, and Why?
Your 1st Job, and Why?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-05-03 01:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I started the game on July 30, 2007, with every intention of taking BLM to 75 first.

By necessity, I had to level WHM to sub it. As I did, I started realizing how in-demand a good WHM was...party invites were a given. That, and the rush I get from keep everyone alive, healthy, and un-enfeebled single-handedly, caused me to change my mind and take WHM to 75 first, instead.

Now I've fallen in love with COR, but...no matter how much I play that job, I'll still always be known as "Silv, the WHM", LOL...
 Asura.Kyjelly
Server: Asura
user: Kyjelly
By Asura.Kyjelly 2009-05-03 01:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

whm was my first 75......i'm still wondering why on earth i leveled it. its also been retired for 3 years lol
 Carbuncle.Celest
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Celest 2009-05-03 01:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

well, when i first started the game when it came out I had every want to be a Ranger. However, due to real life i was forced to retired from the game. I've been back for about 10 months now and have the chance to lvl PLD... and i've loved every second of it.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-05-03 02:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Conchita said:
I love the SCing on SAM, sadly I don't get to use it too often :<

Nyzul Isle ftw! Only place I get to use SAM these days because I have PLD and BLM :(

Interesting how many ppl started off levling MNK but gave up lmao
 Gilgamesh.Elphame
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Elphame
By Gilgamesh.Elphame 2009-05-03 11:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I started out as a Warrior, wanted to be DD and deal out the hard hitting numbers :), I leveled it to 65 totally gimp etc -.-, I had samurai as my subjob at 30, hadnt leveled nin, thf or anything else other than monk for early on stages ^^, decided I should level Sam to 37, and just kept going... also heard it was easier to defeat Maat with, so Sam is 75 and is and prolly will remain to be my Main Jorb. XD
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-05-03 11:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

drg was my first. i picked it to say drg isnt loldrg. but boy oh boy do i hate bibkibi bay to this day. damn you call wyvren 2 hour!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-05-03 11:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thief..

1. money making job.
2. first ever dd
3. hardest to get levels, so might as well get it done.

IDK.. but I'm glad I got anice comfortable level buff at 75 at 35K/44K.

=D
 Lakshmi.Synful
Server: Lakshmi
user: Synful
By Lakshmi.Synful 2009-05-03 12:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK was my first 75. I remember getting the very first strategy guide and spending hours before the game was even loaded trying to figure out what job i rly wanted to play. i picked war as my first thinking it would be a good middle job that i could learn a lot of the mechanics thru. but as most newbs learn with warrior, ninja sub was needed to lvl that job so i eventually gave up on it and picked up mnk. i found this job to be amazing, hit fast and hard and made the first ten lvls go by in a breeze. I even made it to 75 in bout 3 months with war sub lol. It took me 3 yrs to finally get my ninja to sub lvl and i dont even consider subbing anything else anymore.(sep maybe dnc) I swore id never lvl ninja farther than 37 but low and behold 5 yrs later 75nin >.< For anyone jus starting the game i do suggest trying mnk....its not the most useful but it is def very enjoyable.

Synful - 75mnk sam nin thf drk blm
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-05-03 12:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, awwww, Synful makes his first post :D
 Ifrit.Aightonix
Server: Ifrit
user: aightonix
By Ifrit.Aightonix 2009-05-09 21:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

started off headstong that i was gonna be a thf. it's what i am known to be in any fantasy game setting i have EVER played. then i found sam and just couldn't stop. sadly thf STILL isn't 75. got sidetracked by dnc when that job came out. ppl point and laugh, until ls leader seen another dnc solo charby, now he wants me to solo it for ls members. maybe someday i will get bk to basics and lvl my long over due thf, but i just dont see it happeening soon.
 Unicorn.Madrooter
Server: Unicorn
user: Madrooter
By Unicorn.Madrooter 2009-05-09 22:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I levelled WHM to 75 as it got invited a lot was lvling it initially so i could solo DRG.DRG is still 63 but after WHM ,BLM and RDM followed Mana>DD path i guess!.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2009-05-09 22:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought my version of FFXI in japan thinking that i could change it to english. Turned out i was wrong. I remember choosing my country "Bastok" then i get to the job selection. The only job i was able to read was Monk. so i chose that and that was my first job to 75.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2009-05-09 22:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I leveled rng and whm simultaneously til 60 (and the ranger nerf). I decided to finish whm first because I could get much quicker invites.
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
Server: Cerberus
user: Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-10 08:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin (Tarutaru)

I just love the thrill of being able to take hit, and not die right away.
Also the fact that i can cure people so they dont die.

And now that im 75, i like to laugh at all the *** holes who gave me a hard time, cause i have 1638 HP when eating carbonara. and i cant wait till my DRK is 70+ OMG its gonna be a blast =D
 Fairy.Evanthegai
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Evanthegai 2009-05-10 21:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My first job was Blm to 30... i loved the job in others games and thought itd be fun... but then it became needing to buy spells every 5 secs when i leveled. So i unlocked every job and began my what was called by my LS "Journey/pilgrimage through the dunes" i almost got every job outta the dunes that i really wanted to play... then i became bored with each and everyone of them... then low an behold it hit me CORSAIR.... i still dont understand how i did it nor how I ever got the money to get it as my first 75.... but friends along the way helped and noe Cor is my "baby".
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 21:35:28
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I first wanted WHM to 75 since it seemed like an easy job, got bored of it by level 18 and a 75 fully geared BLM passed me in the dunes,
Used Burst II on a gob, and the damage made me switch to BLM.
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 21:39:06
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Aightonix said:
started off headstong that i was gonna be a thf. it's what i am known to be in any fantasy game setting i have EVER played. then i found sam and just couldn't stop. sadly thf STILL isn't 75. got sidetracked by dnc when that job came out. ppl point and laugh, until ls leader seen another dnc solo charby, now he wants me to solo it for ls members. maybe someday i will get bk to basics and lvl my long over due thf, but i just dont see it happeening soon.

Yep, Ive seen a bunch of 75 dnc's soloing it, I once saw a 75 dnc trio and it died quickly,also I've seen a 75THF/NIN kill it along with a whm giving out a few cures for when Utsu wasnt up.THF and DNC are both very good jobs in my opinion
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-05-10 21:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I started out as thf. I was going to do thf and rng and level woodcraft. I thought i had it all planned out when i started..lol. I realized my noob thinking would change.
It did.
I ended up lvl DRK, which i love it. Took time off to lvl subjobs to 37. war,thf,dnc,nin,sam.
I am learning all jobs are fun once you give them a shot.
I just loved the DMG DRK does. Is alot of fun
It can be more challenging than people think.
Im sure whatever you do, you will have fun doing it.
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-05-10 21:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM because i couldn't decide between blm & whm. and sometimes u can melee. ;p
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-10 22:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD75 cause tarutaru Fkking PWN!

=D
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-05-10 23:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU

Before I even started the game I knew I wanted DRK and SAM - I know I wasn't the only guy who thought this would be like FFTactics >.>;

I was ignorant to skillchains, and didn't see any until I pt'd with a BLU for the first time. He was probably doing red lotus > jet stream > fusion. I was impressed with the splodeys, dropped everything I was leveling, and took BLU to 75.
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-10 23:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahligieri said:
BLU

Before I even started the game I knew I wanted DRK and SAM - I know I wasn't the only guy who thought this would be like FFTactics >.>;

I was ignorant to skillchains, and didn't see any until I pt'd with a BLU for the first time. He was probably doing red lotus > jet stream > fusion. I was impressed with the splodeys, dropped everything I was leveling, and took BLU to 75.

lol blu is pretty sick at higher levels
 Gilgamesh.Phonics
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Phonics
By Gilgamesh.Phonics 2009-05-10 23:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Samurai

Took rng to 37 first because I knew I wanted that to be my sub and it seemed like a solid job for making gil via some 30 cap BCMN's. Sadly, since the two handed update I sub rng maybe three times a year. I finally finished leveling RNG as my third 75 job last month to compensate for the lack of Sidewinder in my WS diet. Still, nothing pleases me more than unleashing some Tachi style fury on everything I fight.