Segregation
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Creepers
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Creepers 2009-04-18 14:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:

Yeah, or they can do as the rest of the world and learn some very basic english <.<

Or NA/EU players can learn some very basic Japanese >.> It goes both ways bud.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-18 14:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Frysia said:
Zanno said:
Yeah, or they can do as the rest of the world and learn some very basic english <.<

Slight problem there....JP Game, JP Company, kinda screwed in that department, also, most do speak English, but would you rather speak in your native tongue or in a foreign language? Pretty sure it's your native tongue.

Nope, I'm speaking english all the time, and its not my native language. I find myself speaking english to my swedish friends as well.

point is, if the really are "JPonly" to everything, i'm sure they wouldn't mind going to a server where everyone is "JPonly".

JP game/company accepting my money though.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-18 14:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Creepers said:
Zanno said:

Idk how its in america, in sweden its sorta mandatory to learn 3 languages. i'm not gonna go learn a 4th just because of JPonly

edit: and i dont mind using auto-trans.
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 14:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

a lot of JP do know english. why is the world learning english anyways >.> it's the most backward language. we should all learn sign language.

while it is a jp game/company you bought it knowing full well that it is and that there will be japanese players playing speaking japanese. can't really complain.
 Sylph.Creepers
By Sylph.Creepers 2009-04-18 14:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Creepers said:
Zanno said:

Idk how its in america, in sweden its sorta mandatory to learn 3 languages. i'm not gonna go learn a 4th just because of JPonly

Then don't be hypocritical of other races. Just makes you sound rather ignorant, and we wouldn't want that happening now would we?!?

And BTW it is manadtory to at least learn (or takes 2 years worth, wether you actually learn is a different story) one other language in both high school and/or college in the U.S. Hell where I live I'd be up ***'s creek if I didn't have at least some basic Spanish speaking skills.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 14:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
[

edit: and i dont mind using auto-trans.

in america the majority of schools (grade 9-12) require 2 years of foreign language. more often than not it's spanish. it's not mandatory to learn spanish but it is what will help most people in lower/middle jobs. then you have to take into account that our public schools suck and the majority of the kids graduating are "no child let behind" people who can barely read/write english.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-18 14:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
a lot of JP do know english. why is the world learning english anyways >.> it's the most backward language. we should all learn sign language.

while it is a jp game/company you bought it knowing full well that it is and that there will be japanese players playing speaking japanese. can't really complain.

I've never complained about ppl speaking japanese.

I'm just asking whats the purpose of multi nationality if its gonna be "JPonly" "NAonly" "EUonly" anyway. might as well give the "XXonly" a choice to go somewhere where its always like that.

Now, in what way would it hurt anyone if people that obviously want nothing to do with you moved to another server? in what negative way would that effect you?

"Damn I miss that guy that I've never spoken to, partied with or did mission with, the one that always have "JPonly" in his seacoms"?
 Sylph.Creepers
By Sylph.Creepers 2009-04-18 14:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I took Latin in H.S. thinking I was going to go into medicine. That worked out real well..... But I did learn alot of Spanish from co-workers and ppl in L.A.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 14:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Littledarc said:

I've never complained about ppl speaking japanese.

I'm just asking whats the purpose of multi nationality if its gonna be "JPonly" "NAonly" "EUonly" anyway. might as well give the "XXonly" a choice to go somewhere where its always like that.

Now, in what way would it hurt anyone if people that obviously want nothing to do with you moved to another server? in what negative way would that effect you?

"Damn I miss that guy that I've never spoken to, partied with or did mission with, the one that always have "JPonly" in his seacoms"?

um. how about the auction house having less in it? how hard is it to just say okay you dont want to play with me because i dont speak japanese fine, move on and play with someone else? the point of the game is to be MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE. you can't be massive and be on a JP only server.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 14:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Creepers said:
Lol I took Latin in H.S. thinking I was going to go into medicine. That worked out real well..... But I did learn alot of Spanish from co-workers and ppl in L.A.

latin helps with english too ^^ some catholic private schools require latin as their foreign language too.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-18 14:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Creepers said:

Then don't be hypocritical of other races.

um what?

I have nothing against other races, im not a racist if thats what you're implying. And I'm not agains Japanese players, thats not what I've been saying.

It kinda seems that they are the racists if you ask me.

But thats not the point.

Point is, if they dont wanna interact with ppl from other countries, why would it be so bad to give them their own server?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-18 14:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ok segregation bad, end of story o.o
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-18 14:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
how hard is it to just say okay you dont want to play with me because i dont speak japanese fine, move on and play with someone else?

this is why.

<hello> <party> <Do you need it?>
<yes please>
<can you speak japanese>
<i'm sorry>
Ohh, <good bye>

EU players prime time is pretty much over when NA players log on during weekdays, so yeah, its frustrating.

funny thing though, when you say that you're not NA but EU they get more nice about it.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-18 14:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I segregated all the green m&ms from the rest...

Im a horrible person.

User submitted image
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-04-18 14:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
It kinda seems that they are the racists if you ask me.

They aren't racist. They're xenophobes.

The whole "JP only" crap is really annoying. I've never seen it for any other language either. It's easy enough to ignore though.

Also, quit calling the OP racist. Giving people who don't want to play with other languages the choice to go to a JP only or NA only server is not racist.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 14:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

littledarc said:
Zanno said:

um. how about the auction house having less in it? how hard is it to just say okay you dont want to play with me because i dont speak japanese fine, move on and play with someone else? the point of the game is to be MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE. you can't be massive and be on a JP only server.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-18 14:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
how about the auction house having less in it?

They're already moving ppl around more or less against their will because of full servers. I dont really think the AH is gonna be that much effected.

X amount of XXonly moves to XXonly server, take X amount of ppl that isn't XXonly from one of the full servers and put them on a less populated server. It's not like they arent doing that already. Would probably not take too long until prices would stabilize anyway.
 Diabolos.Matuyoga
Server: Diabolos
user: Matuyoga
By Diabolos.Matuyoga 2009-04-18 14:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what they should do in the spirit of multiculturalism? Merge all of the servers together into one super server.

Replace all Darters with Fafnir/Nidhoggs in Aery.
Tiamat, Vrtra, and Jormungand flying through starter.
Campaign monsters flooding through the maws and raiding cities, killing anybody/everybody there.
GMs would run through WG slaughtering players.
Throngs of Absolute Virtues would use call wyvern only to summon more Absolute Virtues and camp all home points.

I can see it all now...

"We could hear shouting and screaming from all directions. I grabbed my mother's hand, she would not move... then I heard the man in a plane roar above.

'I AM RIPPER... TEARER... SLASHER... GOUGER... I AM THE TEETH OF THE DARKNESS, TALONS IN THE NIGHT, MINE IS STRENGTH... AND LUST... AND POWER! I AM SQUARE ENIX!'"

There would be so much turmoil players would have to work together or quit together.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-18 14:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

IF WE MAKE JP ONRY SERVERZ WHO WILL GET US TEH ASTRAL CANDY WHEN ITS GONE!?@#Z
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 14:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Littledarc said:

They're already moving ppl around more or less against their will because of full servers. I dont really think the AH is gonna be that much effected.

X amount of XXonly moves to XXonly server, take X amount of ppl that isn't XXonly from one of the full servers and put them on a less populated server. It's not like they arent doing that already. Would probably not take too long until prices wouls stabilize anyway.

so you want SE to make a new server only for JP/EU/NA and THEN you want SE to do work sorting out who and where to move people? you do realize this is SE we are talking about right?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-18 14:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:

us europeans ofcourse =P
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 14:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

oh yes, and then there is the part where EU players who bought NA copies would be moved servers. then what? HAH hole in your logic!! muahahahaha
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-18 14:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Jiko said:

us europeans ofcourse =P

Good! I play JP prime, since I work 3rd shift, so I never get to do any of the fun stuff D:
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-18 14:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
Zanno said:
Littledarc said:

X amount of XXonly moves to XXonly server, take X amount of ppl that isn't XXonly from one of the full servers and put them on a less populated server. It's not like they arent doing that already. Would probably not take too long until prices wouls stabilize anyway.

so you want SE to make a new server only for JP/EU/NA and THEN you want SE to do work sorting out who and where to move people? you do realize this is SE we are talking about right?

I never said I thought any of this was doable, or that i thought this was an idea that im gonna send to SE and expect them to do so. As with alot of other ideas here on the forum, it really doesnt matter what we think here, SE isnt gonna give a damn anyway, even if anyone here would have an awsome idea that take minimum amount of work for them.

But its still my opinion, and note when I say opinion, it doesnt mean im saying im right and everyone who dont think like me are idiots.

some things just doesnt have a right or wrong, just different opinions, right?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-18 14:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
oh yes, and then there is the part where EU players who bought NA copies would be moved servers. then what? HAH hole in your logic!! muahahahaha

again, never said anyone would be forced to move, but given a choice to do so.

If i dont wanna deal with ppl from other countries, I'd be given an oportunity to go to a XXonly server, not forced to do so.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 15:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

okay, opinion noted. still, it's not that hard to just play with who you'll play with. thats like saying instead of banning RMT move them all to one server that you can't transfer away from. not everyone likes everyone, and you can't really send all the RMT to one server, because then who would buy the gil?

you wouldn't be forced to do so, but what about all the stabilizing you talked about? people aren't all going to WANT to be stabilized.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-18 15:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
okay, opinion noted. still, it's not that hard to just play with who you'll play with. thats like saying instead of banning RMT move them all to one server that you can't transfer away from. not everyone likes everyone, and you can't really send all the RMT to one server, because then who would buy the gil?

I'd love to send all RMT's to a server of their own. Make it a fake server, just dont tell them. they can compete agains each other, sell the gil between the different gil selling companies. it's an awsome idea.

Alright, maybe instead of asking for a JPonly server, maybe it'll be better to ask for a server for ppl that dont mind interacting with others who dont speak their language.

Maybe its just because EU prime time on carby sux ***. Maybe its not enought EU players on carby.

EU immigration > Carbuncle can i have it?

whatever it is, between 4pm and 11pm CET during weekdays on this server 99% of the ppl have JPonly seacoms.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 15:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

try odin? more people, more EU players? maybe there is a better server suited to your needs? do some research on LSs that run during your times and see if you can get into one.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-18 15:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Elvaan auction.

this is the "item" you are bidding on. ==>>> Zanno

Bidding price starts at 1 million Gil. Whoever bids the highest will also get the honor of paying for me transferring to their server :D
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-18 15:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

a million?
what a rip
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8