Kamome
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-05 21:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I tear through everything like a freight train.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-05 21:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
And as such I don't see why anyone who has a well geared ninja should be turned down from this event.

Because it isn't hard to find someone with a well-geared better job.

All I'm saying now is, it can be done with a Ninja in the group.

Spin it anyway you'd like, handicapping your group is asinine.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-04-05 21:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I tear through everything like a freight train.
I do this on my Dancer!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-05 21:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually that gets you to floor 91. Employing fallacies and deliberately being obtuse does not get you to 100 either.
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-05 21:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

And as such I don't see why anyone who has a well geared ninja should be turned down from this event.

Because it isn't hard to find someone with a well-geared better job.

All I'm saying now is, it can be done with a Ninja in the group.

Spin it anyway you'd like, handicapping your group is asinine.

And I'm in the process of leveling Dark Knight. And I guess in the meantime I have some really awesome friends that "Allow me to leech to floor 100"
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-05 21:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Actually that gets you to floor 91. Employing fallacies and deliberately being obtuse does not get you to 100 either.

What fallacies were employed? All I'm saying is that floor 100 is achievable with a decently geared ninja in your group. Never did I refute that a better, heavier DD does it better than a Ninja.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-05 21:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't call anyone who facilitates my poor decisions an "awesome friend".

When I became interested in Nyzul, I recognized that our setup wouldn't allow for consistent desired results, so I leveled scholar. Not all jobs are created equal, and sticking it to the man isn't a wise move in a timed event.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-05 21:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What fallacies were employed? All I'm saying is that floor 100 is achievable with a decently geared ninja in your group. Never did I refute that a better, heavier DD does it better than a Ninja.

Straw man, for one. By pointing out that it's possible to achieve FL100 with a ninja, you've avoided addressing his point, which is that ninja is not going to produce the desired result as consistently as several other jobs. We're aware that it's possible to achieve FL100 with any job. Nobody said otherwise, implicitly or directly.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-05 21:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

When I became interested in Nyzul, I recognized that our setup wouldn't allow for consistent desired results, so I leveled scholar. Not all jobs are created equal, and sticking it to the man isn't a wise move in a timed event.

So are you suggesting that I'm a terrible person and should tell my friends to replace me until I level a different job?
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-05 21:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So are you suggesting that I'm a terrible person and should tell my friends to replace me until I level a different job?

I'm saying that you shouldn't go on a forum advertising that NIN is sufficient for an event where it isn't. Disingenuous information on a forum that's looked to for information is obnoxious.
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-05 21:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying that you shouldn't go on a forum advertising that NIN is sufficient for an event where it isn't. Disingenuous information on a forum that's looked to for information is obnoxious.

Again never did I say that ninja was the best for this event, and never did I say that it contributed to the highest success rate, I said that it could be done.

And I take it back, yes you should be turned down as a ninja to this event.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-05 21:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Acceptable jobs for Neo Nyzul: SCH WAR SAM DRK MNK BLU THF(arguable) DRG DNC(arguable)

Unacceptable jobs for Neo Nyzul: NIN
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-05 22:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Acceptable jobs for Neo Nyzul: SCH WAR SAM DRK MNK BLU THF(arguable) DRG DNC (arguable)

Unacceptable jobs for Neo Nyzul: NIN

Man I didn't see that sign when I was talking to Sorrowful Sage, or at the assault desk either for that matter. Thanks for the heads up yo, now I know.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-05 22:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

np
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-04-05 22:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As I haven't done New Nyzul yet, I'm now curious: Why would a DNC be preferred over a NIN? :o

Assume the more preferred jobs aren't available and you have a choice between a NIN and a DNC.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-05 22:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's barely preferable at all, I only have it on there so Sylow doesn't kill me. It does offer more than NIN by virtue of dances tho.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-04-05 22:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, alrighty then. <__<
 Phoenix.Tagus
Server: Phoenix
user: tagus
By Phoenix.Tagus 2012-04-05 22:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So to summarize...

if you're not using komome offhand, you're doing it wrong
if you aren't currently using/creating kannagi, you're doing it wrong
if you're using an EVA sekka for anything... you're doing it wrong
if you're even making an EVA sekka... you're doing it wrong
if you're NIN in nyzul... you're doing it wrong

We should start a list. Nobody's even mentioned koga chainmail yet.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-05 22:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lol kamome, lol koga chainmail.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-04-05 22:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
lol koga chainmail.
Its got a blue box tho
By Fupafighters 2012-04-05 22:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is, It's alot easier and requires alot less luck with say a warrior or samurai over a ninja.... Hell my dnc shits all over ninja in damage, and that is /nin vs nin/war.
By Fupafighters 2012-04-05 22:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
As I haven't done New Nyzul yet, I'm now curious: Why would a DNC be preferred over a NIN? :o

Assume the more preferred jobs aren't available and you have a choice between a NIN and a DNC.
Ninja has only 1 way to deal spike damage, a lucky blade hi. DNC gets saber dance, climactic, reverse flourish to self sc, and better weaponskills.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-05 22:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually collecting gear for SCH as we speak just for this purpose :(
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-05 23:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »

I'm actually collecting gear for SCH as we speak just for this purpose :(
Take one for the team.
 Cerberus.Omegacloud
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Omegacloud 2012-04-06 10:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread has been derailed soooo hard lol, but at the same time i'm learning a thing or two.

@ Nightfyre & Austar

Yeah, i tear through crap as well as Nin, but is it really that bad in Neo Nyzul? Also, for the mentioned jojs above, are those really the only jobs that's great for it? I'm asking cause i haven't done it yet, and the only jobs i have at 99 are Nin, Pld, Whm and Brd.
By krish 2012-04-06 12:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Omegacloud said: »
This thread has been derailed soooo hard lol, but at the same time i'm learning a thing or two.

I haven't.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-06 17:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Omegacloud said: »

@ Nightfyre & Austar

Yeah, i tear through crap as well as Nin, but is it really that bad in Neo Nyzul? Also, for the mentioned jojs above, are those really the only jobs that's great for it? I'm asking cause i haven't done it yet, and the only jobs i have at 99 are Nin, Pld, Whm and Brd.
I'd actually take an even more restricted viewpoint than Prothescar did and put SAM on the "arguable" list. You can make it work with different jobs, but your best clear rate will certainly involve the ones listed if all else is held equal.
 Cerberus.Omegacloud
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Omegacloud 2012-04-06 18:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's unfortunate for me, I think I have no choice but to go Nin then. I really don't wanna level another job to 99 and have gimp skills and such, it really bothers me. Others in my LS have the jobs needed mentioned above for easier wins, and I can usually keep up with them in damage as Nin, but we'll see.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-04-06 19:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you take a gimp anything you're hurting your chances of reaching 100. The key to winning is quality. As people said, you can do it with a ninja, you can do it with a pup, but your chances vary based on the potential of the jobs your bring.

If your ninja is top notch and you choose to bring a gimp mnk just because it had more "potential benefit to this event", you'd be better off just going nin. Same example could be applied to aby burning up sch and having 100 enhancing skill for Embrava. You are you not benefiting anyone that way.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-06 19:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like it takes long to skill up anything except maybe parry and guard. There is no excuse for gimp skills and gimp skills should never be an excuse to not lvl a job. Call it for what it is pure lazziness.

Inb4: "But your gear will be terrible." No again gearing is easy.