2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Kamome
Kamome
First Page 2 3 4 5
By mortontony1 2012-04-03 11:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

But if crit rate low off hand dex katana, right?
Edit: New page!
 Shiva.Bigslank
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: bigslank
By Shiva.Bigslank 2012-04-03 13:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw the Eva sekka do the strength one its awesome then u can off hand that once u get emperian or relic
 Cerberus.Omegacloud
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Omegacloud 2012-04-04 14:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There's literally no point in doing 2 Agi/evasion sekkas/Arisuis. Hell, making 1 evasion katana is sorta overkill. There's 2 possible reasons why i see so many people weilding 1 or 2 ot these. 1. Their evasion is way below capped. Or 2. People don't understand that they're already have a crap load of evasion(meaning that evasion on the katana is useless for lots of situations), and that they're killing their DPS. Need evasion? Throw Yonin on. Otherwise, make a Str/att katana, it'll be more useful overall. Also, to those with capped evasion, not trying to sound mean, but you might as well sell your "evasion set."
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-04-04 14:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I would rather see an AGI-magian in the off hand than the usual OA2-4, Twilight Knife, or K-Club that surface from time to time.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-04 14:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't there some math done or something outside abyssea that with Kannagi the agi/evasion katana comes out ahead, but the situation for it was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-04 15:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Wasn't there some math done or something outside abyssea that with Kannagi the agi/evasion katana comes out ahead, but the situation for it was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
Capped attack and capped Fstr on trash mobs.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-04 15:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Capped attack and capped Fstr on trash mobs.

Yes Ik that on trash mobs but there was a legit situation end game I believe Nightfyre had formulated out (him and the rest of bg members)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-04-04 15:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Omegacloud said: »
There's literally no point in doing 2 Agi/evasion sekkas/Arisuis. Hell, making 1 evasion katana is sorta overkill. There's 2 possible reasons why i see so many people weilding 1 or 2 ot these. 1. Their evasion is way below capped. Or 2. People don't understand that they're already have a crap load of evasion(meaning that evasion on the katana is useless for lots of situations), and that they're killing their DPS. Need evasion? Throw Yonin on. Otherwise, make a Str/att katana, it'll be more useful overall. Also, to those with capped evasion, not trying to sound mean, but you might as well sell your "evasion set."

the only time i throw on eva katana on the offhand is if i'm soloing something so that i don't have to swap to an eva set and i can fulltime my normal tp set. but yea i agree with this for the most part.

inb4 i should just use a capped haste eva set instead lol.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-04-04 15:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

offhand chocobo wand always
[+]
 Cerberus.Omegacloud
By Cerberus.Omegacloud 2012-04-04 15:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

@Thoraeon

Yes! I've seen a small amount of people using twilight knife offhand, but the people with the OA2-4x katana makes me go ".....why?" The sad thing is, it's like one of the worst katanas, and has like, empyrean-like trials.
 Phoenix.Tagus
Server: Phoenix
user: tagus
By Phoenix.Tagus 2012-04-05 00:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Eva katana comes in handy when you're dual boxing. You never get hit while you're wearing it, so you can focus on your mage hitting important stuns without worrying about your main's health or shadows. You're not going to set any killspeed or WS records with it, but if all you care about is winning a fight it's pretty sweet to have one.

Two would be f'ing silly though.
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-05 00:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on most things that you would be dual boxing you'll be capped or near capped eva on anyway. By using an eva katana the fight will last longer and you'll take more damage in the long term.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-05 00:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Time spent making an evasion katana is time spent I could be off not using it on things I'm probably already capped or near capped evade on anyways.
[+]
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-05 00:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Time spent making an evasion katana is time spent I could be off not using it on things I'm probably already capped or near capped evade on anyways.

Or time spent on watching your avi... no matter how many times I watch it... it's always .... amusing

Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-05 02:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Do ninjas not utilize Kurayami, Hojo and Jubaku anymore? Kurayami: Ni is -30 accuracy to the mob, and Yonin gives plenty evasion.

I mean if you really need the help keeping shadows up, ninja has the spells/tools available.

In voidwatch the mobs are going to hit you regardless, and the only other event I can see needing the extra evasion is when you have a bunch of mobs chasing your *** in Nyzule uncharted. Especially if it's Death from above, that NM was raping my shadows. LOL

*Edit* In most voidwatches, the mob is spinning like a top anyway with everyone capping hate on the zerg. RARELY will you find yourself solo tanking the NM. And if you are, 20 evasion from the offhand katana isn't going to save your ***.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-04-05 03:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Do ninjas not utilize Kurayami, Hojo and Jubaku anymore? Kurayami: Ni is -30 accuracy to the mob, and Yonin gives plenty evasion.

I mean if you really need the help keeping shadows up, ninja has the spells/tools available.

In voidwatch the mobs are going to hit you regardless, and the only other event I can see needing the extra evasion is when you have a bunch of mobs chasing your *** in Nyzule uncharted. Especially if it's Death from above, that NM was raping my shadows. LOL

*Edit* In most voidwatches, the mob is spinning like a top anyway with everyone capping hate on the zerg. RARELY will you find yourself solo tanking the NM. And if you are, 20 evasion from the offhand katana isn't going to save your ***.
If you're using nin in new nyzle isle, I am worried.
 Cerberus.Masamunai
user: Masamunai
By Cerberus.Masamunai 2012-04-05 04:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I use 2x Arisuis (DEXmain & AGIoff) to WSspam Shuns around 2k dmg on fodder mobs outside aby. i ditched my Kamome the day i ditched Jin for Shun.

Does this make me a nub? i don't care :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-05 15:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

the only other event I can see needing the extra evasion is when you have a bunch of mobs chasing your *** in Nyzule uncharted.
Something, something, DC mobs, evasion cap, time limit, NIN.
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-05 19:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
the only other event I can see needing the extra evasion is when you have a bunch of mobs chasing your *** in Nyzule uncharted.
Something, something, DC mobs, evasion cap, time limit, NIN.

Ninja does just fine in Nyzule uncharted, proper food buffs(embrava) and the use of temporary items.

The evasion comment, I should have been more specific. I found myself training a few mobs and trying to kill the imp leader. I was wishing that I had more evasion and had to use a fanatic's to stay alive. From my experience I don't think you are capping evasion on nyzule mobs. Also sanction does not give you the evasion bonus that signet does.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-05 19:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you are capped evasion and you just eyeballed because you had multiple mobs on you.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-05 19:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Or you are capped evasion and you just eyeballed because you had multiple mobs on you.

Yeah you might be right, and one of those mobs was Death From Above, and that thing has a ridiculous attack speed.
By digiEndLS 2012-04-05 20:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja does just fine in Nyzule uncharted, proper food buffs(embrava) and the use of temporary items.

"just fine" == leech job.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-05 20:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

digiEndLS said: »

"just fine" == leech job.

You're right, because I don't contribute anything as a Ninja to our Nyzule climbs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-05 21:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That's rather misleading. Anyone who participates in the run is contributing something. That said, Embrava favors high damage WS and jobs that can capitalize on having high haste buffs. NIN's weaponskills are relatively lackluster and it gains much, much less from high haste buffs than most jobs. It's not a good choice for Nyzul.
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-05 21:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That's rather misleading. Anyone who participates in the run is contributing something. That said, Embrava favors high damage WS and jobs that can capitalize on having high haste buffs. NIN's weaponskills are relatively lackluster and it gains much, much less from high haste buffs than most jobs. It's not a good choice for Nyzul.

This might be true, but it's the only melee job that I have and it gets the job done. The mobs go down quickly enough, and the ability to nuke puddings down is a nice perk as well.

Also on decent challenge mobs blade: hi hits for a consistent 2k, and riding aftermath with embrava + haste ends the mobs very quickly. I also have access to Ninja kyahan +1 for most of our runs. The additional movement speed comes in HANDY.

*edit* I've put a lot of work into my ninja and it seems to perform nicely even in a time constricted event such as Nyzule Uncharted. And as such I don't see why anyone who has a well geared ninja should be turned down from this event.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-04-05 21:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, the good ole days where gear is required for movement speed!
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-05 21:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

And as such I don't see why anyone who has a well geared ninja should be turned down from this event.

Because it isn't hard to find someone with a well-geared better job.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-05 21:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And as such I don't see why anyone who has a well geared ninja should be turned down from this event.
Because you only have 30 minutes to clear 100. Your post only served to demonstrate what I'm talking about. "Quickly enough", "2k WS", "performs nicely". I don't "get the job done", I tear through DCs like a *** freight train. That's what gets you a good win rate.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-05 21:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »

Because it isn't hard to find someone with a well-geared better job.

All I'm saying now is, it can be done with a Ninja in the group.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-05 21:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you only have 30 minutes to clear 100. Your post only served to demonstrate what I'm talking about. "Quickly enough", "2k WS", "performs nicely". I don't "get the job done", I tear through DCs like a *** freight train. That's what gets you a good win rate.

And so does getting 9 floors 10 times in a row.