PLD MDT/MDB/PDT Help Plz!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD MDT/MDB/PDT help plz!
PLD MDT/MDB/PDT help plz!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-11-24 12:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually Twilight head/body are great for Aegis MDT sets.. If you're capped MDT with the other slots, which he isn't in his listed sets.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-11-24 13:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
I gathered but I still wouldnt stack int even with an aegis. Besides that build still looks under cap MDT to me.
~28% from shellra 5
50% from shield
5% from neck
8% from ring
results in 91% MDT and it caps at like 87,5%?

So, MDT is capped with Aegis 95.
Also, testings from Aegis owners suggest that MDB has very little impact when your MDT is capped like that, so stacking INT should give you more, especially since twilight set adds so much of it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-24 13:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeigs 95 is 45% and Shellra V is ~27%, so still ~3% short.

Quote:
Also, testings from Aegis owners suggest that MDB has very little impact when your MDT is capped like that, so stacking INT should give you more, especially since twilight set adds so much of it.
Misinterpretation of results. MDB and INT's respective effects on magic damage have the same proportional results regardless of MDT, the numerical value reduced by each is simply reduced since you're working with a smaller value after accounting for MDT.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-11-24 14:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm missing something, I should only be 1% from cap w/ brachyura earring
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-11-24 14:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You also should almost never be using Minerva's ring tbh. The situations where you'll ONLY be taking magic damage are few and fare between.

I'd use a good augmented dark ring + shadow ring (or defending ring + shadow). Make up the MDT from twilight torque or Molluscus mantle.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-11-24 14:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You need around 15-19%ish mdt with a lvl 95 aegis to hit the cap assuming it is 87.5% for definite.

Shell is 24-27% mdt assuming you want to cap without a merited shellraV, and cap 87.5 minus 45% on aegis is 42.5. then depending on weather its 24-27% mdt on shell you're looking at needing between 18.5 and 15.5 mdt to cap.

-5 mdt/pdt on both rings, 5 neck, so 15 then the body is rumored to be between 2-4% dt when not even on the hate list and up to 10%ish with high enmity. I prefer not to use minervas on pld as there may be a time where you're tanking several mobs at once and some are melee'ing as others are casting.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-11-24 15:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Aeigs 95 is 45%
Right, my bad. xD
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Deathhaven
By Carbuncle.Deathhaven 2012-02-06 04:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question.

Blood cuisses with
VIT+5
Fast cast +3 and
Mag. evasion +6

vs

Mag. Def. Bns. +4
Fast cast +3

Which is best?

Magi def. Bns. +5 vs mag evasion 7? thanks i have the pants in the furnace i'll wait for some responses. Says that gear with mag evasion is very rare since the pants already have elemental resistance i'm assuming the evasion helps . Any feedback is great thanks
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-06 04:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The only stat on there that really matters is the Fast Cast, however if you're using blood cuisses for magic defense you're likely using them in a resist set where your magic evasion is going to be pretty high to begin with. I'd go with the MDB, though you may want a second opinion.
 Carbuncle.Deathhaven
By Carbuncle.Deathhaven 2012-02-06 04:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks i'll see what others have to say.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-06 04:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

MDB will be more used for sure.
In which cases do you ever use full resist sets these days?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-02-06 04:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Evasion is only worthwhile if you can get to the point where you're virtually "guaranteed" to resist.

MDB will (obviously) drop the damage you take, whereas MEva will only drop it if you can resist whatever you're being hit with (Barspells, Carols, Element+/Magic Evasion+ gear all tie in with this).

If you can get your resistance high enough, MEva will be better than MDB, if you can get it high enough without the +7 from your legs, then MDB will be better (+7 is a reasonable amount of extra resistance, but I doubt it's make-or-break).

I don't know about VWNM's (I've yet to do any VW /slowpoke.jpg), but I'd say that MEva would work out better if you have a WHM/RDM/SCH and some good resist gear (assuming that's used/needed anymore). Otherwise, the MDB+5 would likely outdo them.

TL;DR - If you're using a resist set, MEva will most likely outdo it (unless you couldn't resist anymore if you tried!), otherwise MDB is the way to go.
 Asura.Antaress
Server: Asura
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2012-02-06 05:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I use them on Ildebrann when tanking on COR... think that's it
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-06 05:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lolcor, make anni rng, and be happy!
 Carbuncle.Deathhaven
By Carbuncle.Deathhaven 2012-02-06 12:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone! Any plds with an opinion?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [583 days between previous and next post]
By itchi508 2013-09-11 08:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure where to post this so i found this to be best suited.
Ok so heres a question: i saw somewhere about Pdt Vs Def/Vit & the Values Def/Vit holds.
With new gear available the Defense we are able to obtain has been beating the typical PDT sets.
Curious if anyone can confirm with these sets. (I do realize changes can be made with more Vit/Def & or PDT peaces such as Odin V2) I'm looking to see what holds more support and why.

Example: in this set just use Cizin base Value, no PDT Augments added in.
ItemSet 312778

Typical PDT build:
ItemSet 312629

Thanks!
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-09-11 15:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Not sure where to post this so i found this to be best suited.
Ok so heres a question: i saw somewhere about Pdt Vs Def/Vit & the Values Def/Vit holds.
With new gear available the Defense we are able to obtain has been beating the typical PDT sets.
Curious if anyone can confirm with these sets. (I do realize changes can be made with more Vit/Def & or PDT peaces such as Odin V2) I'm looking to see what holds more support and why.

Example: in this set just use Cizin base Value, no PDT Augments added in.
ItemSet 312778

Typical PDT build:
ItemSet 312629

Thanks!
I think it's fair to at least assume PDT-3% on those Skirmish pieces since that's easy to get, so Cizin Mail should be in your set.