PLD MDT/MDB/PDT Help Plz!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD MDT/MDB/PDT help plz!
PLD MDT/MDB/PDT help plz!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-08-06 11:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Lose your "Tanking Set" your tanking set should be your DD setup, macro in PDT when shadows are down.

PLDs that use HP gear seriously drive me insane.

HP gear has its uses. You should construct a set that stacks Haste and HP every time you cast cure on yourself. You need at least as much as you can cure 4 for.

Edit: Also since MDT is pretty easily capped with a whm handy, not much beats the good ol' Iron Ram set from campaign
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-06 11:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Lose your "Tanking Set" your tanking set should be your DD setup, macro in PDT when shadows are down.

HP gear has its uses. You should construct a set that stacks Haste and HP every time you cast cure on yourself. You need at least as much as you can cure 4 for.

I was talking using it for TP, TP'ing in HP gear is worthless anytime you macro in other equipment you lose the HP bonus making it pointless, and if you are playing PLD just like any other job I would hope to god you know how to use gear swaps. If not you shouldnt be playing the job Period.

My XML is setup to cure myself in full enmity depending on the % of my HP, if my HP is too high (A cure in full enmity wouldnt do anything) it will use my cure kit forcing my HP up instead. Granted I try to only use my Cure IV kit when sentinel is up since it gives a pretty decent boost of enmity with it.
 Bismarck.Aerison
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-08-06 12:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Ragnarok.Nausi said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

I was talking using it for TP, TP'ing in HP gear is worthless anytime you macro in other equipment you lose the HP bonus making it pointless, and if you are playing PLD just like any other job I would hope to god you know how to use gear swaps. If not you shouldnt be playing the job Period.

My XML is setup to cure myself in full enmity depending on the % of my HP, if my HP is too high (A cure in full enmity wouldnt do anything) it will use my cure kit forcing my HP up instead. Granted I try to only use my Cure IV kit when sentinel is up since it gives a pretty decent boost of enmity with it.

Excal procs say hi!
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-06 12:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aerison said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Ragnarok.Nausi said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Excal procs say hi!

Unless there is some hard math to prove otherwise, I hardly doubt TP'ing in HP is better for Excal either.

The effect also generates no enmity whatsoever, altho i'll admit it is pretty damn potent when it procs.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-06 13:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the add effect on excal proc more often with the 90 version?
 Fenrir.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-06 13:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Does the add effect on excal proc more often with the 90 version?
Eye balling etc but I don't think I noticed an increased proc rate on it.
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-08-06 21:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Returner said:
Rancor Collar is good for Vorpal Blade if your critical hit rate is not capped.

Build your pld and aim toward stuff outside abyssea. IMO that's where pld might have a use in the future after a few more version updates. And when considering killing stuff outside, twilight body might be a great choice for vorpal blade since you won't cap accuracy as easily

I don't really think you should be using Vorpal Blade outside. If you are, there are better accuracy swaps to be made, rather than dropping 30 attack for 25 accuracy. Also, Rancor is only useful if your Tonberry hate is capped.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-08-07 09:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

the sets i posted is what i use for tanking out of abyssea

Fenrir.Gradd said:

seriously?!? is this what its come to these days? people think the only way to hold hate is do dmg? maybe you should read this

http://kanican.livejournal.com/13848.html

while doing dmg is effective, cure cheats are also effective, i know i use cure cheats when doing Voidwatch as well as dealing dmg, and no i dont have ochain yet but i can still hold my own without.

man people get soo used to abyssea and forget what its like to have 0 DEF and no MM atma on WHMs to keep em alive and DD atma to kill stuff fast. where your trying to hold a mob and not dmg it, the best way is cure cheats.

as i said the sets that i posted is what i use and i can hold my own, outside abyssea =/= inside abyssea
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-07 09:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-08-07 09:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
lol
Nice contribution to the thread.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-07 09:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
lol
I can't post my thoughts or I'd get topic banned.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-08-07 09:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

sets:
You do need a cure cheat. You basically can't hope to hold hate at all in any situation without one. If you need a cure cheat pm me and I can send you mine.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-07 10:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lightvision said:
the sets i posted is what i use for tanking out of abyssea

Fenrir.Gradd said:

seriously?!? is this what its come to these days? people think the only way to hold hate is do dmg? maybe you should read this

http://kanican.livejournal.com/13848.html

while doing dmg is effective, cure cheats are also effective, i know i use cure cheats when doing Voidwatch as well as dealing dmg, and no i dont have ochain yet but i can still hold my own without.

man people get soo used to abyssea and forget what its like to have 0 DEF and no MM atma on WHMs to keep em alive and DD atma to kill stuff fast. where your trying to hold a mob and not dmg it, the best way is cure cheats.

as i said the sets that i posted is what i use and i can hold my own, outside abyssea =/= inside abyssea

You do realize, he said lose the HP gear for TPing, not all together. Right? lol.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-08-07 10:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Ragnarok.Returner said:
Rancor Collar is good for Vorpal Blade if your critical hit rate is not capped.

Build your pld and aim toward stuff outside abyssea. IMO that's where pld might have a use in the future after a few more version updates. And when considering killing stuff outside, twilight body might be a great choice for vorpal blade since you won't cap accuracy as easily

I don't really think you should be using Vorpal Blade outside. If you are, there are better accuracy swaps to be made, rather than dropping 30 attack for 25 accuracy. Also, Rancor is only useful if your Tonberry hate is capped.

Well, that's kinda the first thing you do when you buy a Rancor Collar, to cap your Tonberry hate, so that's a given. As for accuracy swap, it is 30 attack for 32.5 accuracy, it is by far the best swap you can make not to mention it also helps your dDex for critical hit rate. To me it is a no brainer.

But I fully agree that you likely shouldn't be using VB outside of abyssea, tho it should do more than atonement in many occasions when it is resisted to half the damage.
 Asura.Flufferkins
Server: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2011-08-07 10:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You DON'T need to cure cheat anymore. Stop spreading this useless information. If you still think you do. You're outdated and have no idea how enmity works. If you actually took a look at the enmity table that was posted, you would see that the variables in the equation change based on level. That old data is based on level 75 and the scale has not been updated to reflect level correction at 90, nor will it at 95, 99.

Quick example at lv75:
Assuming the paladin has capped healing skill which is a long shot. Now remember for point of reference flash is 180ce 1280ve for 25mp. where Cure 4 is 88mp.

Cure IV= 384hp (based with ballpark stats MND 60 VIT 60)

384 x .727 = 279(.168) CE
384 x 4.36 = 1674(24) VE

------------------------------------

Now comparing that to 384 damage.

384 x 1.538 = 590(.592) CE
384 x 4.62 = 1774.08 VE

That is a VERY big difference in CE which is what matters a lot more. It is not rapidly decaying hate like VE. also these numbers in reality are a lot lower now due to the level correction of being 90, though they will still hold relative to each other. With the kind of WS numbers that can be done inside of abyssea, dispite the survivability of most jobs you can see why pld is not taken seriously.

Enmity generated from damage dealt has been almost parallel to cure cheating from the beginning but generating 2x the hate. Inside of abyssea almost any normal DD job ws'ing will pull hate from you especially if you're taking HP and Regen atmas.

To the OP, I'm not trying to troll the thread or anything but you will need to base your builds around voidwatch like someone else in this thread has stated. It's the only event currently where pld is necessary. Abyssea is no place for a PLD. I see you have THF and DNC, sadly they would be better tanks than your pld inside.
 Carbuncle.Blazer
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-08-07 11:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Flufferkins said:
You DON'T need to cure cheat anymore. Stop spreading this useless information. If you still think you do. You're outdated and have no idea how enmity works. If you actually took a look at the enmity table that was posted, you would see that the variables in the equation change based on level. That old data is based on level 75 and the scale has not been updated to reflect level correction at 90, nor will it at 95, 99.

Quick example at lv75:
Assuming the paladin has capped healing skill which is a long shot. Now remember for point of reference flash is 180ce 1280ve for 25mp. where Cure 4 is 88mp.

Cure IV= 384hp (based with ballpark stats MND 60 VIT 60)

384 x .727 = 279(.168) CE
384 x 4.36 = 1674(24) VE

------------------------------------

Now comparing that to 384 damage.

384 x 1.538 = 590(.592) CE
384 x 4.62 = 1774.08 VE

That is a VERY big difference in CE which is what matters a lot more. It is not rapidly decaying hate like VE. also these numbers in reality are a lot lower now due to the level correction of being 90, though they will still hold relative to each other. With the kind of WS numbers that can be done inside of abyssea, dispite the survivability of most jobs you can see why pld is not taken seriously.

Enmity generated from damage dealt has been almost parallel to cure cheating from the beginning but generating 2x the hate. Inside of abyssea almost any normal DD job ws'ing will pull hate from you especially if you're taking HP and Regen atmas.

To the OP, I'm not trying to troll the thread or anything but you will need to base your builds around voidwatch like someone else in this thread has stated. It's the only event currently where pld is necessary. Abyssea is no place for a PLD. I see you have THF and DNC, sadly they would be better tanks than your pld inside.

You do need curecheats in voidwatch FYI. Most of the mobs have pretty high evasion/defense. Also, I'd like to see you do 380 dmg as a paladin in the time it takes to get off a cure IV.
 Asura.Flufferkins
Server: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2011-08-07 11:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Blazer said:

You do need curecheats in voidwatch FYI. Most of the mobs have pretty high evasion/defense. Also, I'd like to see you do 380 dmg as a paladin in the time it takes to get off a cure IV.

You can use them, yes. but they are hardly a necessity anymore. I'm sure you know this but, the pld is better off focusing on mitigating damage to conserve the enmity they've already gained and generating it in other ways. It's not a frantic race to cap hate like it used to be.

Yes voidwatch NM's do have very high defense and eva. The party shouldn't be pouring damage into them to start, it's a slow controlled kill. Mages nuke lite to discern and DD's should only run in to proc. Once your lights are capped not many of them stay alive long enough for it to matter sans the T4's.

I like the part where you insinuated that I encouraged PLD to hold hate by DD'ing. Not that I was comparing it to the "Q.Q why you say DD is only way to hold hate?!" arguments.
 Phoenix.Arhat
Server: Phoenix
user: lithical
By Phoenix.Arhat 2011-08-07 11:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
lol
/sigh
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-07 11:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Uzugami said:
You do realize, he said lose the HP gear for TPing, not all together. Right? lol.

^
This, reading comprehension helps.
 Carbuncle.Blazer
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-08-07 13:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Flufferkins said:
You can use them, yes. but they are hardly a necessity anymore. I'm sure you know this but, the pld is better off focusing on mitigating damage to conserve the enmity they've already gained and generating it in other ways. It's not a frantic race to cap hate like it used to be.

So you're suggesting people turtle up?

Asura.Flufferkins said:

I like the part where you insinuated that I encouraged PLD to hold hate by DD'ing.

I like the part where you explain voidwatch to me.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-08-08 04:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

with Voidwatch cure cheats are alot of help. PDT and MDT sets are a huge help also.

VW T4 PLD will miss more then hit and most times melee hits will do 0-15 dmg, it takes ~2.4 secs to get a cure 4 off so in the time it takes to do ~350 dmg you have got alot more hate just casting a cure 4 than melee'ing.

also CDC dmg varies ALOT from 20dmg to high spike of 1.2k but mostly averaging in the region of 150-300 dmg. most time i am engaged for 1st 20% then disengage till Sword or club are triggers and just cure cheat spam as much as possible with also using JA's when ready

if you read the OP's post again i am sure they said they had no intention to making an ochain and i think the same is true for almace? not to sure tho thats why i posted non ochain builds on page 2

@Flufferkins: you dont take in to concideration on Enmity gear that is equipt while casting cure 4's or WSing so there is a flaw in your math, and also i do have more Enmity for my cure cheat than i do for CDC, for example my cure cheat set has +40 enmity while my CDC set has +11 Enmity not counting merits also my Cure4's do ~428-440

i would like to see your math based on the enmity difference and the average of WS and cure4 amounts
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-22 01:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't want to make a new thread, but wanted to ask, is there any way to improve off this? I'm pretty fond of my Noct. Mail in the set x:

My Current MDT Set:

Thanks in advance.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-08-22 01:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

aegis
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-22 01:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

shadow/defending ring GO
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-22 01:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said: »
aegis

No ***sherlock but that takes time to make :P

I'm going to build Aegis eventually.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-22 01:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said: »
shadow/defending ring GO

Completely out of seals atm, know if the rumor about them increasing the rings drop rate is true? I know that getting a HQ pop in general is pretty harsh.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-22 01:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i have no idea about a new drop rate tbh, i've had mine since before the ksnm99 adjustment thing ;z lol

shadow ring on the other hand, much easier to get from my understanding meow
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-08-22 01:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said: »
Didn't want to make a new thread, but wanted to ask, is there any way to improve off this? I'm pretty fond of my Noct. Mail in the set x: My Current MDT Set: Thanks in advance.
If youre going to keep the body, then you can swap out mermans ring for minerva ring, swap out head for Noesis helm, swap hands for Medb's gauntlets, use demonry stone all this giving you an increase of +7MDB overall over your current set. Atleast til you get yourself those rings.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-22 01:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Will resentment cape Work in Voidwatch? I could use Shadow Ring if it does D: