users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK Adjustments [Community Forum]
DRK Adjustments [Community Forum]
First Page 2 3 4 5
By volkom 2011-08-19 09:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Knight
Scarlet Delirium (Lv. 95)
Channels damage taken into enhanced attack and magic attack.

... does this stack with souleater?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-08-19 11:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Dark Knight
Scarlet Delirium (Lv. 95)
Channels damage taken into enhanced attack and magic attack.

... does this stack with souleater?

Hopefully. I guess I should log on before the update and Get Caladbolg 90, only 10 or so hearts left ;/

Also, I was pretty stoked to see the first Useful Absorb spell being added to the list in a long while. Absorb-Attribute. A suggestion right from my own ramblings, giving the Dark Knight a "Dispel" Ability, or more accurately, an Aura Steal ability with no JA recast tied to it.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-19 11:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Dark Knight Scarlet Delirium (Lv. 95) Channels damage taken into enhanced attack and magic attack. ... does this stack with souleater?

I was skeptical to address this (especially since I despise the parade of speculation when the truth is a week away) but I am SPECULATING that the damage effects will stack but the damage incurred by souleater will not increase the returns from Scarlet. I THINK it would work something like whm's affmisery and keep a "counter" of damage taken or like dread spikes counting how much its absorbed before wearing.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-19 12:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pleased for Absorb-Attri. I'm kind of saddened that we didn't get Dark-Elemental versions of Banish/Holy spells to take further advantage of Dark Magic Fast Cast (Did they even address this?) and Occult Acumen, but I guess they're sort of condensing the ideas we've put out at this point.

At first I was skeptical of the new JA, but the idea is starting to grow on me now.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-08-19 12:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

/wrist

YEAH! I can do 20% more damage now!

I wonder if this will make full AF+3 more useful.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-08-19 14:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
/wrist

YEAH! I can do 20% more damage now!

I wonder if this will make full AF+3 more useful.

My guess is no more than it already was, save for Apocalypse Dark Knights for their aftermath set.

I'm way more stoked over Absorb-Attri than the new JA, though the new JA sounds cool too. I'm wondering if it's reactive or passive though. Do we just take 20% more damage and deal 20% more damage under it's effect, or do we have to take damage to inflict more, sort of like Afflatus Misery?
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-08-19 20:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I understand, it should work like this:

You active the JA, you start taking damage, and at the same time your damage starts to increase. From the sound of it, it seems like for every 10% damage you take, you get 5% increase in output. And since SE would like to introduce Merit II, it should either increase the duration or effect, which should bring it to 1:1 ratio.

I don't think, at least doesn't sound like, that it is going to be a "damage taken %" for "damage deal %". And I also don't think it is something that is going to be decaying. It probably will be a short duration thing like souleater since this JA doesn't seem to have any downside while activated.

I would prefer the "damage taken %" for "damage deal %", but that wouldn't explain why the SE person said that he lost about half of his HP and his damage is up by 20+%.
[+]
 Asura.Ezekial
Server: Asura
user: Ezekial
By Asura.Ezekial 2011-08-22 04:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They really need to do something about the enmity w/ tanks. Inside and out of abyssea you hit that "mob spins like a top wall" so fast :(

I would have really like to see shot cast time DRK spells like Demi or correction to things like Dread Spikes (***'s almost 100% useless,) but oh well. What we got is better then nothing.

They really need to take the +cast time/recast off hasso, ***is only there to cripple DRK's. HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if you ask me.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-08-22 08:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ezekial said: »
They really need to do something about the enmity w/ tanks. Inside and out of abyssea you hit that "mob spins like a top wall" so fast :( I would have really like to see shot cast time DRK spells like Demi or correction to things like Dread Spikes (***'s almost 100% useless,) but oh well. What we got is better then nothing. They really need to take the +cast time/recast off hasso, ***is only there to cripple DRK's. HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if you ask me.

SAM/NIN would get a huge buff if they took away recast timers, but at this point in the game it doesn't really matter.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-22 08:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
From what I understand, it should work like this: You active the JA, you start taking damage, and at the same time your damage starts to increase. From the sound of it, it seems like for every 10% damage you take, you get 5% increase in output. And since SE would like to introduce Merit II, it should either increase the duration or effect, which should bring it to 1:1 ratio. I don't think, at least doesn't sound like, that it is going to be a "damage taken %" for "damage deal %". And I also don't think it is something that is going to be decaying. It probably will be a short duration thing like souleater since this JA doesn't seem to have any downside while activated. I would prefer the "damage taken %" for "damage deal %", but that wouldn't explain why the SE person said that he lost about half of his HP and his damage is up by 20+%.

I just hope it doesn't have the opposite effect (healing lowers the effect) although I could see SE doing that to keep DRK the "fighting on the brink of life and death" job.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-08-22 08:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want drk to be the best dd, but Not be able to take a hit at all, like Akuma from street fighter.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-08-22 08:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You think A job that can easily have 999attack for 3 mins would be the best dd in the game, BUT NO!
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-08-22 09:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
You think A job that can easily have 999attack for 3 mins would be the best dd in the game, BUT NO!

Well, if you think about it, we do alot of dmg in general. If you think in terms of WS dmg, then this isnt the job for that and you are already setting up for failure. Our WS may not be the most jaw dropping, but they are far from the worse. We just trade "OMG WS DMG" for versatility (which is much better IMO). Although, we do a damn good amount of dmg without WSing. This J/A will further increase that dmg.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-08-22 09:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Pawnskipper said: »

Well, if you think about it, we do alot of dmg in general. If you think in terms of WS dmg, then this isnt the job for that and you are already setting up for failure. Our WS may not be the most jaw dropping, but they are far from the worse. We just trade "OMG WS DMG" for versatility (which is much better IMO). Although, we do a damn good amount of dmg without WSing. This J/A will further increase that dmg.

I got full af3+2, and got 2-4hit scythe, and I sub drg for haste cap, and can get 5k hp in aby, Maybee that will be helpfull someway,

Also, we didnt get any ws's for 85-90, hopefully we might get some at 90-95
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-08-22 10:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Pawnskipper said: »
I got full af3+2, and got 2-4hit scythe, and I sub drg for haste cap, and can get 5k hp in aby, Maybee that will be helpfull someway, Also, we didnt get any ws's for 85-90, hopefully we might get some at 90-95

I think its important to note (however redundant it may be) that having that many hp's makes your sould eater (thank goodness for stalwart soul) and dread spikes much more effecient. Which equals more dmg. Only real downside to the spikes is that it dosnt add to your hate.

Also, with regards to Scarlet J/A, I think SE is gonna be very careful with what WS they give Scythe and Great Sword in the future. I cant really blame them for not giving us a Crit WS considering how we can amp up our damage so easily and maintain that versitility.

Side Note: I want my Dark Magic Fast Cast!! Insta-cast would be perfect, but I think thats a huge strecth. A man can wish I suppose.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-08-22 18:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see them make every WS possible to critical in the "WS adjustment" that they are talking about. It makes no sense that WS can't critical unless it is critical based when regular hits don't have that requirement.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-22 18:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

All they'd need to do then is let BLU spells crit outside CA.

[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-22 18:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
I can see them make every WS possible to critical in the "WS adjustment" that they are talking about. It makes no sense that WS can't critical unless it is critical based when regular hits don't have that requirement.
Won't happen.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-22 19:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Won't happen.

OH YEAH?????????????????////////////
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-22 19:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
All they'd need to do then is let BLU spells crit outside CA.

Hahaha. Oh man, BLUgasms. BLUgasms everywhere.

I'm probably gonna level DRK whenever I get back to playing too. :/
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-08-22 20:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly bet you SE doesn't even know about WS not able to critical unless is critical based. It wouldn't surprise me.