users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK Adjustments [Community Forum]
DRK Adjustments [Community Forum]
First Page 2 3 4 5
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Anookulchandra 2011-08-13 01:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus not to double post here.. but if drk inside abyssea wanted to do dmg.. get an gaxe use a weapon skill that was crit based... still can use hasso and last resort
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-08-13 01:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
foretre said:
Guillotine can still be pretty nice with the right atmas, GC, Apoc,Alpha and omega, stout arm, VV, etc. idk if anyone has tested this but in abyssea for me, GC, apoc and anything that will give me some attack boosts the damage majorly, REALLY gets some numbers out of guillotine, nothing like empies but more than i see most random drks do when they guillotine. (i keep trying to hit tab to auto translate guillotine, fail, lol)

You lose massive dps from not using RR, regardless of weather or not your ws can crit.

^ this. RR regardless for any dd is always automatic. Again like I said in my BIG LONG POST.... you do more dmg with your dot attacks in the long run.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-13 01:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
foretre said:
Guillotine can still be pretty nice with the right atmas, GC, Apoc,Alpha and omega, stout arm, VV, etc. idk if anyone has tested this but in abyssea for me, GC, apoc and anything that will give me some attack boosts the damage majorly, REALLY gets some numbers out of guillotine, nothing like empies but more than i see most random drks do when they guillotine. (i keep trying to hit tab to auto translate guillotine, fail, lol)

You lose massive dps from not using RR, regardless of weather or not your ws can crit.

^ this. RR regardless for any dd is always automatic. Again like I said in my BIG LONG POST.... you do more dmg with your dot attacks in the long run.

Depends on the job and weapon.
By foretre 2011-08-13 01:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
foretre said:

I wasn't talking DPS just the WS damage in general, but swap out RR for GC or the attack and you get more acc for hits anyhow, so there's that problem, i think. lol.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-13 02:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

foretre said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
foretre said:

I wasn't talking DPS just the WS damage in general, but swap out RR for GC or the attack and you get more acc for hits anyhow, so there's that problem, i think. lol.

Ummmm.... what?
[+]
By foretre 2011-08-13 02:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
foretre said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
foretre said:

Ummmm.... what?
If you put on RR you get more acc from the dex so it helps anyway and it makes up for DPS right? I don't use guillotine anymore, just saying you can get some decent damage out of it if its all you have and you actually try, not saying you SHOULD go out an guillotine stuff was just giving an example of weapon skill thats good out of abyssea and can still be okay inside.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-13 02:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

foretre said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
foretre said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
foretre said:

Ummmm.... what?
If you put on RR you get more acc from the dex so it helps anyway and it makes up for DPS right? I don't use guillotine anymore, just saying you can get some decent damage out of it if its all you have and you actually try, not saying you SHOULD go out an guillotine stuff was just giving an example of weapon skill thats good out of abyssea and can still be okay inside.

Oh, you said that backwards in the quote. Why I was curious.

If acc is an issue (plausible on heroes nms) RR benefits you even more.

I haven't been on drk in a loooooooong time but I'll parse it the next time I do in an exp pt to see the tp/ws damage split in dps.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-08-13 02:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
foretre said:

Depends on the job and weapon.

We are in the dark forum.... so pretty much yeah still holds.
By foretre 2011-08-13 02:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Insurgency was beast 200% tp and even without it to sc with another drk was beast.
I've never seen anyone do insurgency in abyssea, and when i was using scythe i looked it up and saw it was heavily attack based so thought it might be able to outdo guillotine, i never got to 100 nyzul (back when it came out after 2 years of trying and getting stuck with lame groups only got to floor 10), recently got to 50 and i have to finish and right when i beat 100 i should have insurgency unlocked.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Anookulchandra 2011-08-13 02:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

foretre said:

Insurgency was beast 200% tp and even without it to sc with another drk was beast.
I've never seen anyone do insurgency in abyssea, and when i was using scythe i looked it up and saw it was heavily attack based so thought it might be able to outdo guillotine, i never got to 100 nyzul (back when it came out after 2 years of trying and getting stuck with lame groups only got to floor 10), recently got to 50 and i have to finish and right when i beat 100 i should have insurgency unlocked.

Lol in general... weapons skills are heavily attack based.. mods are funny.. they don't work out like they should. Torcleaver for instance.. ares hands 6 vit.. 6 str double attack 2%.... in the long run armada hands with the 4 vit augment on it is better regardless. In terms of dmg with calad... a drk will pwn a pld who has way more vit gear and natural vit. Regardless insurgency isn't a bad ws, but guillotine has the better potential.
By foretre 2011-08-13 02:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Anookulchandra said:
foretre said:

Lol in general... weapons skills are heavily attack based.. mods are funny.. they don't work out like they should. Torcleaver for instance.. ares hands 6 vit.. 6 str double attack 2%.... in the long run armada hands with the 4 vit augment on it is better regardless. In terms of dmg with calad... a drk will pwn a pld who has way more vit gear and natural vit. Regardless insurgency isn't a bad ws, but guillotine has the better potential.
Ah, in wiki they said went out of the way to say "Heavily modified by attack" so it raised my eyebrow.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-13 03:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus not to double post here.. but if drk inside abyssea wanted to do dmg.. get an gaxe use a weapon skill that was crit based... still can use hasso and last resort

Idk if this was serious, but yeah, no.
DRK don't get raging rush :p
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-13 04:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Guillotines FTP is 0.875

Insurgencies is 0.5 at 100 TP, 0.75 at 200 TP, and 1.0 at 300% TP.

There is never a situation where you should be using Insurgency over Guillotine, For whatever reason you were to have 300% TP and you are using a scythe you should be using Spiral Hell.

Edit:

Guillotine is also a 25% STR Mod, Insurgency is a 20% STR mod, why are we using Insurgency again?

Also every weaponskill except certain single hit weaponskills benefit from attack the same, once you hit a certain ammount of attack it stops working regardless of the weaponskill. Insurgency has no greater benefit from attack than guillotine would.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-13 04:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Guillotines FTP is 0.875

There is never a situation where you should be using Insurgency over Guillotine, For whatever reason you were to have 300% TP and you are using a scythe you should be using Spiral Hell.

But it looks so much cooler! :D
By foretre 2011-08-13 04:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Guillotines FTP is 0.875

Edit:

Guillotine is also a 25% STR Mod, Insurgency is a 20% STR mod, why are we using Insurgency again?

Also every weaponskill except certain single hit weaponskills benefit from attack the same, once you hit a certain ammount of attack it stops working regardless of the weaponskill. Insurgency has no greater benefit from attack than guillotine would.
Why did they even make insurgency?!
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2011-08-13 04:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess they had an....emurgency.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-13 04:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

foretre said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Guillotines FTP is 0.875

Edit:

They made it to give DRKs an option to make light without using a Great Sword, still pretty useless tho.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-08-13 06:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you saying that drk can't do dmg inside abyssea with scythe or GS? LOL...
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-13 06:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Put on a maneater and ridill and rampage spam gais
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-13 08:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You should look at the stats on Ares's gauntlets again.

foretre said:
Ah, in wiki they said went out of the way to say "Heavily modified by attack" so it raised my eyebrow.
Pretty sure half the weaponskills without a cRatio bonus have that on their wiki page somewhere, too many people going from YGK to normal weaponskills and screaming WTF I NEED ATTACK FOR THIS ***.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-08-13 10:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lawl... i mixed the legs and hands together. That was silly of me. And by insurgency was beast at 200% tp, I mean by /sam and sc with sekkonoki. I was tired last night at 3 am and wasn't talking clearly like how I said the ares hands was 6 vit and 6 str and double attack. Which was the legs and hands mixed together sort of.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-08-13 10:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Idk if this was serious, but yeah, no.
DRK don't get raging rush :p

Keen Edge yo!
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-08-13 10:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
foretre said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Guillotines FTP is 0.875

Edit:

They made it to give DRKs an option to make light without using a Great Sword, still pretty useless tho.
Pfft useless!! What other WS does Drk get that I can start the WS afk for 5 min and come back to see it finally finish!

Long WS animations are long. -.-
 Cerberus.Rogues
user: Chelsey
By Cerberus.Rogues 2011-08-13 11:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Put on a maneater and ridill and rampage spam gais

well dunno but with the Doom Tabar dmg+12 i get 5,5k Rampages on DRK.
so that totally pwns my scythe or GS build atm...
By Cathaldus 2011-08-18 08:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone here read Japanese, they said more updates on the official forum.

All I could understand via a Translator was:

lvl. 92 Blizzard III
Lvl. 95 Break

lvl. 95 - The ability that increases magic damage by the damage you take.

lvl. 91 is some type of ability to do with absorbtion, the translator implies the ability to steal a beneficial status effect from the enemy which doesn't seem right for an ability.

Japanese in the spoiler below.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-18 08:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cathaldus said: »
lvl. 91 is some type of ability to do with absorbtion, the translator implies the ability to steal a beneficial status effect from the enemy which doesn't seem right for an ability.

If we got a dispel/absorb (like a magic version of aura steal) that would be pretty cool. I'm not going to speculate much til we get a better translation though.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-08-18 08:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Break is so goddamn useless -_-
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2011-08-18 08:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »
Yeha but didnt yousee, we get blizz 3 as well, finally! Might be time i break the ol DRK out again XD
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-08-18 09:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kunisama said: »
Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »
Yeha but didnt yousee, we get blizz 3 as well, finally! Might be time i break the ol DRK out again XD

You're right!!! Time to bust out all my MAB gear... gogo Occult Acumen!! :D
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-18 09:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking at break as a "stun timer down and weapon bash too" last resort, not a real tactical advantage. You'll see me casting it more often than half my ele spells (aside from the loldrk grellow for shits and giggles / pissing off the blm).