First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-02 09:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said:
I'd also be happy if they lifted the haste cap.

I would truly hate this. We already have to complete this irritating puzzle of haste/STP gear, using stupid-looking stuff to make our gear sets work. Unless it was spell/ability haste instead of gear haste...no thanks.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-08-02 09:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure he meant total haste cap of 80%.
 Asura.Toxleh
Server: Asura
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-08-02 09:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I'm a "bad drk" but 95% of the time I don't even bother casting anything other than the occasional stun to pull a mob. Casting magic is time taken away from doing damage... Unless your soloing for some reason on drk of all things. So most of these changes don't even apply to me. Like you guys said above break the haste cap or turn Catastrophe aftermath into magic haste then we'll talk. Magic upgrades for drk are just too weak.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-02 10:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toxleh said:
I guess I'm a "bad drk" but 95% of the time I don't even bother casting anything other than the occasional stun to pull a mob. Casting magic is time taken away from doing damage... Unless your soloing for some reason on drk of all things. So most of these changes don't even apply to me. Like you guys said above break the haste cap or turn Catastrophe aftermath into magic haste then we'll talk. Magic upgrades for drk are just too weak.

I pretty much only use drk to solo, honestly. I constantly find myself of better use to my LS on many other jobs, sadly. =\
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-02 10:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Artemicion said:
Some good ideas, some bad. But one idea I had many years ago which I would love to see implemented somehow was a trait or ability that eliminates the stacked delay between casting a spell and your next melee hit. In other words, casting will not add additional delay between attacks.
Artemicion said:
Another thing my friend suggested is something that comes from Dragon Age, where a specialization is "Arcane Warrior" which gives a passive trait that allows your melee skills to be as proficient as your already impressive magic by reversing the attributes that apply to your attacks. So rather than needing strength or attack, your melee is based on your magic power since that is what is being enhanced to begin with. Something like that (in reverse) for DRK would be pretty nifty.
Anyone like my ideas? <3

GFDI.... I had a wonderfully long and eloquent response to this and then the browser at work took a ***....

I like your idea a lot. A LOT. I have read your post it before, a long time ago, and I liked it then too. The main problems with nuking as a DRK is that when you're doing 400-1200 hits melee (depending on situation and location and aftermath) every other second, stopping for 2-4 seconds to do a 120-400 damage nuke that will (most likely) be interupted before it gets off, is counterproductive. I don't know a good way to implement drk nuking that doesn't rape your DPS, but yours stands firm as the best suggestion that I've heard yet.

I do not like your friends idea, however. It does inspire a decent concept that could later be fine tuned. What if they added a sch like ability (or like sam's hasso/seigan or nin's innin/yonin) that allowed you to do nukes damage applicable to the next tier's strength at the cost of being temporarily impaired? You could also perhaps have increased damage nukes at the cost of hp & mp? Maybe bumped nukes that temporarily stun you afterward? I still like your approach much better.

Also: Maru is the cutest damn cat of all time.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-02 12:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If they did absolutely nothing to DRKs magic I could care less, as it currently stands 90% of the time if you are casting a spell you are gimping your over all damage and yes that includes absorb TP, unless you KNOW your gonna get a huge return from it you are better off just swinging your GS or Scythe for faster TP gain.

They need to focus on the Melee side of DRK, the description of the job makes it out to be the hardest hitting job in the game (its not).

DRK is still a pretty damn powerful job outside of Abyssea(Competitive with Ukon WAR), and I personally could care less if they gave it a Crit WS, the game is moving away from Abyssea, and like other events in the past (salvage) thats just an area that it and other jobs like SAM do not excel in.

It would be cool for them to lift the overall haste cap though for Apocalypse, much like they did for Aegis MDT.
By vodkaa 2011-08-02 12:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:

It would be cool for them to lift the overall haste cap though for Apocalypse, much like they did for Aegis MDT.

This is what im hopeing for.
[+]
By volkom 2011-08-02 12:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

vodkaa said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

This is what im hopeing for.

that would break the game D:
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-02 12:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gradd,

Stop breaking the game. You are a drk and you are not even being emo.

:<
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-02 12:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Gradd,

Stop breaking the game. You are a drk and you are not even being emo.

:<

I'm a Happy DRK :|
[+]
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-08-02 13:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:

They DID do it for aegis/burtgang.. why cant they buff other relics as well (makes sense) like break counter cap for relic h2h, haste cap for drk, blah blah for blah blah (too lazy to think of other examples)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-08-02 13:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Break Shock Spikes cap for DRG plox
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-08-02 13:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Break defense down cap for DRG plox
fixed
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-02 13:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
as it currently stands 90% of the time if you are casting a spell you are gimping your over all damage and yes that includes absorb TP, unless you KNOW your gonna get a huge return from it you are better off just swinging your GS or Scythe for faster TP gain.

This is why I'm happy for Dark Magic Fast Cast. When meleeing, normally I only use Absorb-TP in battle, and Endark (ohi thar Torcleaver mod) for when I'm about to engage a mob. For when I really need it, the job trait really should cut down on how much damage is lost.

When I need to stay on the backline before receiving the order to attack though, I'll throw in stun when needed, and an occasional spell or two since I'm not doing much else. This is also why I'm actually looking forward to some Dark Magic-based Nukes with the new MP-to-MAB ability coming along to take advantage of Occult Acumen.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-02 13:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got Amano. Not Apoc. But along similar lines I would love to see them update relic more. Though I don't know about increasing Store TP off of Kaiten unless it's by a huge amount...an updated aftermath to pull it well ahead of Empyrean would be awesome. Strong Empyreans are good for the game and given people a chance to have something awesome without the investment into relic, but relic should still be better by a good margin. =\

Edit: And Mythic too. They've always been a bigger pain to get than relic despite whatever the devs said upon their introduction. Make them stop sucking already.
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-08-04 00:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said:
And Mythic too. They've always been a bigger pain to get than relic despite whatever the devs said upon their introduction. Make them stop sucking already.

I agree. I think it should be a labor based reward system. Emp are easy to get than the rest, therefore they should only outperform those non-relic/mythic/emp weapons.

Also... you guys are welcome. I threaten to leave, they implement a 3min LR patch. I leave the game for a bit... they give dark magic fast cast... If you guys pay me enough, I'll leave for good and they'll give an innate hundred fists/invincible trait to drk.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-04 08:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tawhoya said:
Bismarck.Ramyrez said:
And Mythic too. They've always been a bigger pain to get than relic despite whatever the devs said upon their introduction. Make them stop sucking already.
I agree. I think it should be a labor based reward system. Emp are easy to get than the rest, therefore they should only outperform those non-relic/mythic/emp weapons. Also... you guys are welcome. I threaten to leave, they implement a 3min LR patch. I leave the game for a bit... they give dark magic fast cast... If you guys pay me enough, I'll leave for good and they'll give an innate hundred fists/invincible trait to drk.

Just so we're clear, I'm not advocating they tone down Empyreans at all. Just that they buff mythic/relic to be at least a little better overall. There's nothing I hate more than gimping jobs in the name of "balance issues" unless it's something bordering on exploit, like the old TP return on multi-hits. (Though you have to admit, non-stop Asuran Fists spamming on mnk/sam w/ relic knuckles was amusing.)
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-04 15:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Next great sword WS is going to be an ice based elemental WS! I'm calling it now! Next scythe WS is going to be darkness based magic as well!
 Asura.Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-08-10 20:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Next great sword WS is going to be an ice based elemental WS! I'm calling it now! Next scythe WS is going to be darkness based magic as well!

Scythe ws will be ice and GS ws will be LIGHT!!! mind blown?

Mine either.

I'm not seeing another ele ws different from what they've given us tbh. Even still the ability to raise dmg on ele ws mixed with the respective atmas could put a good look on oa4 weapons spamming said ws for those who don't own the big guns...

Also, in respect to the decrease in tp for higher dmg, I think it's a way to get drk zerg back in order, but just obvious speculation.

Edit: Just realized that I posted in wrong topic.. but I'll leave it here anyway.
.. stupid beer
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-10 20:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Beer is not stupid :|
 Asura.Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-08-10 20:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

>< Sorry... you see what it does to me?

maybe...

maybe I'm.. the stupid one...

AWW she was right after all!!
By Asura.Anookulchandra 2011-08-13 00:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Any drk here... who says "Give us crit based ws with str mod" is not a drk and has not lvl'd it from years ago, and plays in abyssea onry. Get on the bandwagon and go play mnk or ninja or thf plz if you want that. 95% of drks I see can't do a guillotine for over 1k in abyssea. That's sad and they don't have ws macros or tp macros. Crap they don't even have any macros. I have mdt, pdt, haste/fastcast, mab+, int, ws macros for different ws, tp macros for different situations. I don't give a rat's @$$ for crit based ws. I do dmg regardless, and if you can't figure out how to play the job then don't play it. Btw... A HUGE PART OF DAMAGE DEALING IS TPING ON MOB ADD UP YOUR SWING COUNT AND THEN DO A WS.... drks were notorious for that.. I mean we do have a JT that gives us the highest tier on attack bonus..

I also think some of the ideas are stupid. Though I like the fast cast idea for drk based spells like how blms got it for nukes. That's cool and would help. I like they said drk would be the top stunners still (which meh rdm is with a good drk skill macro set and precast with fast cast gear and what not). I want a ja for Magic Accuracy that would be helpful as well. I hope they revamp absorb spells so they are more useful. Like one Idea would be when we absorb tp... they lose that tp.... (wait...) lol there's a joke in there.

I don't want us to be casting T3 nukes as a means of dmg... I don't know why we ever got it tbh. I want to see more drk based spells that will be of use. Demi would generate a huge emnity gain on drk which would give us hate. And when taking dmg we would be making use that jt they are wanting to implement. Demi is kinda broken though tbh. Maybe 1/16 if unresistant of hp. Give us atk down spell and defense spells that are dark based. That would be more to my liking. Ik people are saying give rdm that.. meh give my rdm cure5 *and if you say rdm doesn't need it stfu you have cure6 on whm and afflatus solace*. Whms just hate this idea that rdm can be efficient at doing more than one thing in a party. Whms have regen4.. we have regen2? I'm a whm as well and I don't think it's broken. Cure4 on these lvl 90 tank hp's aren't cutting it (and that's outside abyssea as well) Now back to drk sorry for the on purpose derail.

I would love to see drk play a role as not just dmg dealer, but more party friendly roles. Sam has a meritable job ability of giving tp to other dds. Whm's have devotion. Give drk a spell that will give it's hp to a player. We can drain back our health so it's not like we will be a huge burden on the healers. Or rather a job ability. Idk that sounds sorta stupid I'll admit, but I want drk to be not just heavy dd.

Lower recast on dreadspikes, give us some more spell interruption gear (or maybe a jt that is just like 5-10%) OH GIVE US A JA THAT INCREASES SPELL INTERRUPTION RATE DOWN!! OMG I'M A GENIOUS,

Didn't read anything cept first page, also inb4: TLDR just read it and say what ever you want idc i'm not gonna get butt hurt.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Foretre
Server: Carbuncle
user: foretre
By Carbuncle.Foretre 2011-08-13 01:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Anookulchandra said:
Any drk here... who says "Give us crit based ws with str mod" is not a drk and has not lvl'd it from years ago, and plays in abyssea onry. Get on the bandwagon and go play mnk or ninja or thf plz if you want that. 95% of drks I see can't do a guillotine for over 1k in abyssea. That's sad and they don't have ws macros or tp macros. Crap they don't even have any macros. I have mdt, pdt, haste/fastcast, mab+, int, ws macros for different ws, tp macros for different situations. I don't give a rat's @$$ for crit based ws. I do dmg regardless, and if you can't figure out how to play the job then don't play it. Btw... A HUGE PART OF DAMAGE DEALING IS TPING ON MOB ADD UP YOUR SWING COUNT AND THEN DO A WS.... drks were notorious for that.. I mean we do have a JT that gives us the highest tier on attack bonus..

I also think some of the ideas are stupid. Though I like the fast cast idea for drk based spells like how blms got it for nukes. That's cool and would help. I like they said drk would be the top stunners still (which meh rdm is with a good drk skill macro set and precast with fast cast gear and what not). I want a ja for Magic Accuracy that would be helpful as well. I hope they revamp absorb spells so they are more useful. Like one Idea would be when we absorb tp... they lose that tp.... (wait...) lol there's a joke in there.

I don't want us to be casting T3 nukes as a means of dmg... I don't know why we ever got it tbh. I want to see more drk based spells that will be of use. Demi would generate a huge emnity gain on drk which would give us hate. And when taking dmg we would be making use that jt they are wanting to implement. Demi is kinda broken though tbh. Maybe 1/16 if unresistant of hp. Give us atk down spell and defense spells that are dark based. That would be more to my liking. Ik people are saying give rdm that.. meh give my rdm cure5 *and if you say rdm doesn't need it stfu you have cure6 on whm and afflatus solace*. Whms just hate this idea that rdm can be efficient at doing more than one thing in a party. Whms have regen4.. we have regen2? I'm a whm as well and I don't think it's broken. Cure4 on these lvl 90 tank hp's aren't cutting it (and that's outside abyssea as well) Now back to drk sorry for the on purpose derail.

I would love to see drk play a role as not just dmg dealer, but more party friendly roles. Sam has a meritable job ability of giving tp to other dds. Whm's have devotion. Give drk a spell that will give it's hp to a player. We can drain back our health so it's not like we will be a huge burden on the healers. Or rather a job ability. Idk that sounds sorta stupid I'll admit, but I want drk to be not just heavy dd.

Lower recast on dreadspikes, give us some more spell interruption gear (or maybe a jt that is just like 5-10%) OH GIVE US A JA THAT INCREASES SPELL INTERRUPTION RATE DOWN!! OMG I'M A GENIOUS,

Didn't read anything cept first page, also inb4: TLDR just read it and say what ever you want idc i'm not gonna get butt hurt.
I understand why we got higher tier spells, its for occult acumen, since its effected by STP and the magic cost of the spell, and drk has the highest, so running in with a fire 3, gets us 11 tp with no STP and without AF3 feet if im not mistaken, not saying we should nuke for tp but it might help if we cast before we run in to get a bit extra tp, like a mini meditate, other than that, YES everything you said is really true, guillotine is still awesome ppl are just tired of it, and having a crit WS will be worthless as were being push more and more out of abyssea again (unless we get lots of voidwatch atmas but still).
By volkom 2011-08-13 01:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Foretre said:

I understand why we got higher tier spells, its for occult acumen, since its effected by STP and the magic cost of the spell, and drk has the highest, so running in with a fire 3, gets us 11 tp with no STP and without AF3 feet if im not mistaken, not saying we should nuke for tp but it might help if we cast before we run in to get a bit extra tp, like a mini meditate, other than that, YES everything you said is really true, guillotine is still awesome ppl are just tired of it, and having a crit WS will be worthless as were being push more and more out of abyssea again (unless we get lots of voidwatch atmas but still).
multi crit ws won't be worthless because a lot of content needed to do other stuff requires a lot of time spent in abyssea such as making empyrean weapons and etc
By foretre 2011-08-13 01:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
Carbuncle.Foretre said:

multi crit ws won't be worthless because a lot of content needed to do other stuff requires a lot of time spent in abyssea such as making empyrean weapons and etc
Inside abyssea yeah, but it would be like backhand blow (for those who don't have ascetic's or victory smite) you can do major damage with it in abyssea but outside its sucks, and in abyssea you need RR and crit damage + to make it good, wouldn't you rather for a generally powerful weapon skill thats awesome outside abyssea and can be enchanced to be just as good in abyssea?
By foretre 2011-08-13 01:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Guillotine can still be pretty nice with the right atmas, GC, Apoc,Alpha and omega, stout arm, VV, etc. idk if anyone has tested this but in abyssea for me, GC, apoc and anything that will give me some attack boosts the damage majorly, REALLY gets some numbers out of guillotine, nothing like empies but more than i see most random drks do when they guillotine. (i keep trying to hit tab to auto translate guillotine, fail, lol)
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-13 01:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

foretre said:
volkom said:
Carbuncle.Foretre said:

Inside abyssea yeah, but it would be like backhand blow (for those who don't have ascetic's or victory smite) you can do major damage with it in abyssea but outside its sucks, and in abyssea you need RR and crit damage + to make it good, wouldn't you rather for a generally powerful weapon skill thats awesome outside abyssea and can be enchanced to be just as good in abyssea?

Clearly Raging Rush sucks and all wars should be using Steel Cyclone.
By volkom 2011-08-13 01:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

foretre said:
Guillotine can still be pretty nice with the right atmas, GC, Apoc,Alpha and omega, stout arm, VV, etc. idk if anyone has tested this but in abyssea for me, GC, apoc and anything that will give me some attack boosts the damage majorly, REALLY gets some numbers out of guillotine, nothing like empies but more than i see most random drks do when they guillotine. (i keep trying to hit tab to auto translate guillotine, fail, lol)
against trash mobs~sure guillotine always did fairly decent~ but its against nm's is what i'm concerned with
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-08-13 01:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

foretre said:
volkom said:
Carbuncle.Foretre said:

..... you realize there's no point for a crit based ws then if it was for outside as well.....since these players are talking about inside with RR on .. to match up with the rest of these jobs with crit ws. Guillotine was fine back in the day if you had the right build. Insurgency was beast 200% tp and even without it to sc with another drk was beast. Spinning slash was meh but still did dmg for great sword drks. so that arguement is moot.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-13 01:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

foretre said:

You lose massive dps from not using RR, regardless of weather or not your ws can crit.